Start by marking “Orange Sparkles” as Want to Read:
Orange Sparkles

Orange Sparkles

Relocating to Israel is bound to be an unforgettable adventure for 11-year-old Megan, 8-year-old Noah, and their little sister, Elise. But a whole new country, backwards-written language, and leaving everything they've ever known? Should they be excited or terrified?While their dad starts his new job and their mom works out the details of the clinical trial for Elise who h ...more
Published July 25th 2019 by Independently Published (first published July 11th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Orange Sparkles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orange Sparkles

Start your review of Orange Sparkles
Carol
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Lots of mystery, a little bit of education about Israel, and intriguing characters. My 10-year-old nephew can’t wait to find out what happens next!
Emma
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It's very cute. I think it would make a fabulous book for the tween demographic, especially girls. But it can be read by everyone because it gives one hope and reminds the reader that there can and should be a world of fantasy and dreams. Life does have some real challenges - even for kids - but one always has their imagination and dreams that can act as innocent, pure channels of escape. ...more
Amiel
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book and I can't wait to see what's coming next 😁 ...more
Rona
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although this is a book written primarily for young people, it totally held my attention. The characters are real and likable and the story is wonderful. It was really interesting to read about a family’s adjustment to a new country and all of the changes their move brought. I loved the caring and kindness of the characters in the book and really, who can resist the magic! I can’t wait to read what happens next!!!
Pat Eroh
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would love to move to Israel. I believe Israel can be a magical place for those of us who believe. Megan and her brother are adorable. This is a super cute, wonderful children's tale and I hope the author writes a bunch more. Excellent read.

Nomi Hallel
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was very interesting. I felt a real connection with Megan she is so realistic and funny. I usually really dislike reading but this book was so amazing and so nice! No one can say no to reading it!
Romi
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet, magical book to share with children. It’s a particularly nice one to read to children who are moving or are anxious about adjusting to new surroundings. Loved it!
Cinnamon
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hi,I read the book and it is wonderful.
I really like it that we can learn more about Israel with them. I feel like I am a part of the journey. It really helps kids who are going to move to a new place:)
Lynn B
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and charming story of a young girl and her family who move from America to Israel. It is a blend of family drama, adventure and magic. The author conveys very well the experience of moving to a foreign country, also the experience of having a disabled sibling. The ending is sure to leave readers looking forward to the next book in the series.
Bridget
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I was quite surprised. I truly enjoyed this book. In fact, when I got to the end, I couldn't help but think, "That's it? There needs to be more!".

Megan, age 11, is the oldest of three. Her younger brother is Noah, and her sister Elise has cerebral palsy. Mom seems devoted to her children, especially to Elise, and dad works a lot. The author doesn't clearly state what dad does for a living, but it must be something so big that his company decides to relocate him to Israel, a shock t
Chanie Kirschner
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Orange Sparkles, written by Rachel Inbar is a mysterious book, where Megan, 11, Noah, 8, and Elise, 3 move to Israel away from everything they ever knew. There, while playing in a playground they discover a cave. While walking hand in hand, all of a sudden they saw orange sparkles all around them. They discover a magic tunnel where almost everything is possible! Noah experiments with flips and jumps and successfully lands on his feet! Megan sings and it sounds great! Then they try to get Elise t ...more
Leah
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's not often I read something written for children that's really different. Orange Sparkles is a refreshing book - both written in a real, believable voice, and infused with a kind of magic that's entirely new.

As someone who lives in Modiin, it was especially exciting to read a story that takes place in my hometown, but I'm sure children everywhere can relate to the excitement and apprehension involved in moving to a new country.

The narrator's voice is steady and clear, and the story is swee
Lee Arrowood
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want to dream. If you believe in magic. If you want to feel good as you read, this is a book you simply must read. A young family with special needs daughter moves across the world for Dad’s new job. The writer does a wonderful job describing the feelings of the main character as she travels thru this story. They discover a magic tunnel and magic rooms...where wishes and dreams come true! I enjoyed this read from the first page to the last. Highly recommend for all ages.
Sharon Gallup
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was another giveaway win . I found this book and story a excellent youth reading. It is about a family that moves over seas to Israel. and the adventure that they will find when they find a tunnel that has magic in the tunnel. this story as exciting , a little mystery and magic of life.
Yvie
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Orange Sparkles is a great little book that I would happily read to my nieces and nephews. A delightful story about siblings adapting to the changes that come with moving to a new country and the discovery of an amazing magical tunnel.
Judy Ferrell
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
While not my normal, I think I would love to sit with a grandchild and read this. It's interesting to see what the next day will bring. ...more
Roslyn Muir
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this sweet book before gifting it to my niece. I think it’s a great, realistic story about moving to new places and children learning how to cope with change. (And I learned a lot about Israel.) But the also has magic and imagination. The characters find adventure and bond over their experience. The characters feel very real, and the family experience with a disabled child is well wrought. It feels like the author lived this story. Orange Sparkles is the first in a series, and I will be c ...more
Squeek Kay
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing worse then moving.

As someone that knows nothing of Isreal this was a fun journey into some of what this place has to offer! Reminds me a bit of "the secret garden" so of you like that book this one is for you!
Tetra
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adventure in a new land, new friends and a little bit of history of Israel. Reminiscent of The Secret Garden
Dev Friedlander
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Orange Sparkles has to be one of the most charming children books I have read in a while. I could see my self in Megan's eyes, traveling to a new country, meeting new friends and tasting new foods. I wish I had a magic tunnel to escape to, but it was fun to escape with this heartwarming book which I read in less than two days. ...more
Owlbert Owl
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sparkling with Magic

Orange Sparkles is a lovely warm book, introducing us to a family who move from America to Israel for the dad's job but also because the youngest child was born with Cerebral Palsy.

It is quite a slow book as it describes how Megan, the main character comes to terms with moving house, learning a new language and living in a completely new country.

The magic begins when they discover a special tunnel. The sparkles sprinkle the book with love, encouragement, dreams and ideas that
Ben Torres
Dec 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't understand what other reviewers enjoyed about this book. The writing was nothing near polished and the author didn't help me relate to the characters at all. The connection between the magic and the real world through a tunnel near Megan and Noah's new home was just stupid. If you want to add magic to the real world, at least find a better way to do it. I bought this book thinking it would be like 'The Secret Garden' but I was very disappointed. At least it wasn't too long, so I didn't w ...more
Tanya
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They are just children when they learn they are moving to another country because their dad has a new job. Everything is going to be so different, from the language to the way they write. So when they find a magical tunnel they think they are lucky. What will happen in this tunnel? Will they have fun? Will they enjoy their new life? See how they all get on

Rachel Inbar
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shez
sonali wani
May 12, 2020
Jamie
Apr 13, 2020

• Fallen Angel (Angels and Demons, #1)
  • Summer of L.U.C.K.
  • Found
  • Toto is Home Alone
  • Hamnet
  • Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson's Journal
  • Portia's Incredible Journey
  • The Case of the Missing Diamonds
  • Have You Seen Luis Velez?
  • Still Midnight (Alex Morrow #1)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Violet Takes The Cake (Sister Magic, #5)
  • The Safe Place
  • The Twisted Ones
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Courting Mr. Lincoln
  • Jackdaws
  • Midwinter Break
Rachel wrote her first book(let), You're Yucky in Some Ways, as a furious note to her parents for going out to eat and leaving her at home. She was six. Her parents didn't get the fury and roared with laughter. Disappointed but determined, she continued to write throughout her childhood and teens.

At 16, Rachel moved from the US to Israel to pursue a college education. It ended up taking a little