Start by marking “My Wedding Knight (Wedding Season)” as Want to Read:
My Wedding Knight (Wedding Season)

My Wedding Knight (Wedding Season)

Abby:

I have one job. That’s it, just one: Babysit the bad-boy soccer hero for a week, so that he doesn’t embarrass the entire country before his knighthood ceremony.

Everything goes according to plan until I somehow end up in his bed and on the cover of every tabloid in England, my heart shattered in a million pieces and my job in jeopardy. Brilliant, Abby.

Rory:

What reaso
Published June 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Wedding Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Wedding Knight

Start your review of My Wedding Knight (Wedding Season)
Coco.V
Jun 16, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/16/2020)! 🎁
Emily
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Wedding Knight

I really enjoyed this book. Rory was the standard bored playboy who becomes smitten with the normal but awesome Abby. The drama was good and I loved the epilogue. The "cameo" of the real Royal family was fun.

My reason for 4 instead of 5 is that I'm not a fan of when women get mad about things that happen BEFORE they met. If it obviously wasn't a hump and dump, he shouldn't be blamed for things that happened before you met. But that's a personal opinion.
lf
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can go wrong when a bad boy footballer gets Knighted??? Can anyone say Tabloids!!

My Wedding Knight is another great short story in The Wedding Season series. You just fall in love with the quintessential upstanding British good girl who has to "mansit" a bad boy footballer (soccer god) who is about to get a KBE, Knighted so you have to call him Sir. She just has to keep him out of the tabloids and have him show up to all the press events for the next several days until the ceremony.

Abby has
Bellafyre
DNF at 75%

Wow. I am literally the lone wolf on thinking this story was Lame-o!

Right away there is virtually no real connection with the couple other then something potentially sexual. Even then, the h is someone who is told that it's her job to keep this guy out of trouble for the week before he gets knighted. She comes off as very indifferent about the H, yet the second he shows up she suddenly throws all her inhibitions out of the window and is in bed with him within 2 days! I mean, seriously
Julia Gerard
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rory bad footballer, he's a National hero! Abby works for the government selection division, picking Knights of the Realm. Only that's what she's doing here, more like babysitting. Rory knows he's got to change his life and Abby ticks all his boxes! The Queen Approves! On a side note impressive jumping the pond on Alexis Adaire's Part!
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.

LMR
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Flirt Club, Alexis Adaire, & Booksprout
My Wedding Knight by Alexis Adaire My Wedding Knight (A Wedding Season Series) By: Flirt Club & Alexis Adaire
He's "My Wedding Knight" When I Thought Chivalry Was Dead!
He's the Bad-Boy Soccer Hero,
Who's just been Selected to be Knighted...
If He can keep from Embarrass'n HimSelf & The Crown!
I'm just supposed to watch HIM...
To keep HIM on the Straight & Narrow,
or at least outta the View of the Paparazzi!
But... It seems I've failed... SPECTACULARLY!
As we've been Seen, Caught, Snapped, & Trapped... ON FILM!
For ALL the World to se
Helen Leecy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
An entertaining and fun look at how the UK go about their knighthood process and ceremony.
Rory is your typical bad boy, but he is a national football hero and is being bestowed a Knight of the British Empire award. Will this honour calm him down and make him change his ways? Abby has been tasked to ‘babysit’ him and make sure he doesn’t create any ruckus before the big ceremony. However, things take a turn when they start to have feelings for one another. That wasn’t supposed to happen! I had ho
Caroline Doig
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abby goes to work like any other day she works for the main honours committee they are the ones who are responsible for the British Knighthood they decide who gets knighted by the Queen, Abby’s boss calls her into his office for something important he needs her to babysit the man that’s going to be knighted the football player and the womaniser Rory Winston and Abby’s not real happy about that but it’s her job so she’s just going to have to bear it. Rory wake’s up with two women in his bed he’s ...more
Raecharmed
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abby is given one job keep British athlete bad boy in line until he can his knighthood. Her boss's thought because she didn't look like the women he partied with she was safe from him. What they didn't know was she was exactly what he liked but never could get because he was surrounded by skinny model types. Rory knew the minute he met Abby the he was going to have her and that she was different from any of women he knew. He just didn't know that she would be the one to change his life completel ...more
M Hurford
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Romance from Across the Pond.
Loved how this romantic storyline takes place in the U.K. To give this wedding series an International flair. And, to center the theme around the nation’s sport of Soccer as well as that unique ritual of knighting a commoner in this case a star soccer play, Rory. He is a womanizer and must be handled the week before the investiture ceremony with the Queen. Enter, Abby, who works for the Chair of the Main Honours Committee. The ones responsible for determin
Douglas Williamson
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine is tasked with keeping the hero out of trouble until his knighthood ceremony. And then she becomes that very trouble.

This is part of the Wedding Season, a loosely connected series of stories all sharing a common theme, in this case weddings. Each story is written by an established author, but beyond the theme, they are all standalone stories. Read one or read them all at your leisure.

This story falls clearly into the good girl/bad boy genre. Will the hero be reformed by our good girl
Lauren
My wedding knight is a novella that is a part of the wedding season series. This story is short, mixed pace and a nice read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline entertaining.
When it is announced that famous footballer Rory, is going to get a knighthood, Abby becomes his babysitter. Abby is tasked with keeping Rory out of the press. As Abby and Rory spend time together, sparks fly. Will
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I loved this story! It was different in that it was set in England and a famous footballer is being knighted. But Abby gets assigned to him in order to keep him in line for the week so he doesn't keep appearing in the tabloids. He is not who she thought he is though and they become friends and lovers within the span of a few days. But his recent past comes back to haunt him and Abby can't be another woman for him to pass the time. How will he make it up to her and show her he really loves her? T ...more
Rachael Bromley
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series so much

I love this series by the flirt club and the authors who right in this. Rory, a footballer who has a woman a day and although fed up with seeing his name in the red tops doesn’t seem to care. Abby is sent to sort of baby sit the Man-child as she calls him for a week before he gets his knighthood. After spending two days soaked up in him it’s clear that the past is a little to close to the future and their closeness and relationship is put on the back burner. With a sur
Michelle Vandal
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romantic Knight
Sexy, British, bad boy athlete - How can you go wrong with a male lead such as that?!. Add in a fairytale love story that has him turning away from his bad boy days and I'm all in, feet first!
Abby has the task of keeping Rory, the bad boy, treasured athlete who's about to be knighted, out of trouble for the week before the ceremony. Little did she know that they would start to fall for each other. That is until Rory's past comes back to haunt him and possibly ruin not only the kn
Heidi
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
From Playboy to Knight....

Rory has always been a player on and of the field until he learns he is getting a KBE of the queen and because of his past and notoriety, the public office has assigned him a babysitter to keep him out of the press and looking like a good boy.

but what he doesn't expect is to fall in love so quickly.

I enjoyed this book I no books bend the truth a little but if your writing about British Royalty please get the titles right Prince Williams wife correct title is Duchess Of
Lisa H
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don’t embarrass the crown

Abby Payne has just been assigned to babysit soccers bad boy, Rory Winston for a week before he’s knighted for Sport.

Rory is so not knight material. At all. On Sunday, he’s in bed with two randoms. He meets and is assigned Abby on Monday and hops in bed with her on Wednesday.

Abby is all in until she finds out about the two women from Sunday.
Will Rory, the eternal man child (he’s 30) ever grow up and man up? And stop messing around?

I received a free copy of this book vi
Jen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is part of the Wedding Season series. Abby has one job, to keep Rory out of the tabloids, at least until after his knighthood. Rory is a football player with a reputation as a bad boy. He is a paparazzi magnet but it is only one week. How hard can this be? Abby figures she has got this, no problem. But what happens when she falls into Rory's bed herself? And she makes the top tabloid story with him? Does this bring them together or tear them apart?

I received a free copy of this book vi
Sassy Angel
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story, I loved the series from the Flirt Club. I didn’t want it to end.

Rory has been selected to receive the honor of being knighted by the queen for his acts on the football field. Abby has been tasked with helping him out with the press before the ceremony. They spend a lot of time together during those few days. They developed a connection. When his past comes back to haunt him, will Abby be able to handle the fallout?

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and
Susanne Scott
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was an amazing book! There was so much story packed into this book it’s hard to believe it’s a novella. Rory and Abby are a great couple, add in the unexpected visit from Princes William and Harry and you have a winner.
Abby is tasked with trying to keep Rory the British football superstar from making headlines for all the wrong reasons for one week until he is knighted. However I don’t think either of them were expecting to fall in love.
This was beautifully written and a pleasure to read.

Annemarie Suchey
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
They are making the current British sport-god into a Knight. Abby is tasked with watching Rory for the week and too keep him out of the tabloids. They spend time talking and getting to know each other and soon enough comes kissing and sex. They both feel the connection, but his past bothers Abby. And he's afraid to settle down.....but then he realizes he wants forever with her.....but is it too late?
Misty Schott
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story!

This was a great story with some very relatable characters. Rory is a bad boy football star up for a knighthood. Abby has been tasked with keeping him out of trouble for the week leading up to the ceremony. But nothing is ever easy especially with the paparazzi involved, so things get crazy and out of hand. This is a great read and I highly recommend it!

Sheila
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abby has been assigned to keep the bad boy Rory from getting into trouble for a few weeks until he is knighted. They start out as friends but before long it turns into much more but Abby will finish the job and be on her way as she has no desire to be just one of his flings. Rory needs to convince Abby he has real feelings for her if she would just believe him.
Received from the author and this is my honest and unbiased opinion.
Ritu
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abby is assigned to schedule Rory's interviews prior to him being knighted by the Queen. Their attraction grows quickly, as does their romance. The paparazzi interferes. Lots of humor, good book, well written!

Jenny
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Wedding Knight

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I absolutely hated Rory at the beginning but he grew so much as a person once he met Abby. It always makes my heart smile when the love of the right person can completely change a persons lifestyle for the better. This story is Definitely a winner for me.
Heather W
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story. It was just so much fun to read. Abby has to babysit the bad-boy soccer hero, Rory. While there is a definite connection between them will Rory ever grow up enough to win Abby's heart for a lifetime?

Michelle
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abby is a curvy average girl assigned to babysit a famous footballer with a bad reputation who was chosen to be Knighted by the Queen. I loved everything about this story the humor, the believable characters, the romance and the epilogue. Great writing and another 5 star read by this amazing author. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Nathathida Atirekasâra
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not so sure how I feel about this book because even if I enjoy reading it but I don't feel impress by it. And that's why I give this book 4.5 stars. Abby and Rory is good for each other but sometime he seems to be haughty. Anyway, if you like to read a bad boy sport romance, I recommend this one.

Trixie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A reformed bad boy, changed by the love of a woman. What a story! I was at all time high riding on the fame and glory of bad boy super football hero and about-to-be-knighted Rory and her adventures with her lovely nanny Abby.

• Kiss the Bride (Wedding Season)
  • Wedded Miss (Wedding Season)
  • Fake Plus One (Wedding Season)
  • Something Borrowed (Wedding Season)
  • At Last (A Wedding Season Short Story; The Caleb and Jen Trilogy, #3)
  • Her Smokin' Firefighter (The Fireworks Series)
  • His Violet (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Sweet Pea (The May Flowers Series)
  • His Cherry Blossom (The May Flowers Series)
  • Her Yankee Doodle Daddy (The Fireworks Series )
  • His Cactus Flower (The May Flowers Series )
  • His Bird of Paradise (The May Flowers Series)
  • Her Captain's Deck (The Firework Series)
  • Her Firecracker (The Fireworks Series)
  • His Buttercup (A May Flowers Short Story; Spar Island Girls, #9)
  • Her True Blue
  • Her Declaration of Independence (The Fireworks Series)
  • His Sun Drop (The May Flowers Series)
Living in the Pacific Northwest, Alexis Adaire spends too much time indoors, cuddling under blankets, emerging from the bedroom periodically to refill her coffee mug and write stories.

Alexis likes to take her readers to those secret, unspeakable corners of their fantasies they barely even knew existed.

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...