Start by marking “Whistleblower” as Want to Read:
Whistleblower

Whistleblower

Fresh contemporary new adult fiction--with #metoo at its heart.

When Laurel Cates uncovers a shocking story about Garland’s football coach, it takes all of her courage to publish the story in the school’s paper. And when it reverberates around the country, the ramifications are both personal and professional. But nowhere are the repercussions stronger than in Laurel’s every
Published August 11th 2020 by Wattpad Books

Start your review of Whistleblower
cate
kate marchant is the love of my life
Hannah Z
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, this book was originally published on Wattpad, but no, it is not your typical Wattpad-cliche romance story. Whistleblower deals with real problems in real life in our current society. It is one of the few books that I would recommend everyone to read since Kate flawlessly gets a very important message across to her readers. I've cried with this book; I've hurt with this book; I've loved with this book; and with this book, I've felt frustration at the double standards issue in our society.
shre ♡
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ugh, just as good as the first time
Jessica
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When the physical copy is out next year I’m literally going to grab one without hesitation, and I’ve never looked forward to getting a published Wattpad book like that before. As the author says herself, this book is 75% cliffhangers and 25% puns, which I fully agree because this book got me HOOKED and some of the jokes are so dry that I’m supposed to hate them but I can’t because they just work so well with the book. This book is over 100k words, but it certainly isn’t dragging, matter of fact, ...more
a little bit of everything.
SO FREAKING GOOD!

just finished this book and seriously want to read it again!
cant wait for it be publish in 2020! 🙌🏼😭✨
siya
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is by far one of the BEST books I've read. No seriously, it was a FLAWLESS read. This writer has a certain way with words which just captures you in her book and keep you hooked till you've read the entire thing, and even after you've completed it.

Look, for me the thing is, I LIVE for slow-burn romances, and this book was the epitome of that! The book went by in it's own pace, never too slow or too fast. It was equally sassy, gutsy and romantic, and would keep you on your toes anticipa
jov
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this so much

(unfortunately my vocabulary is not big enough to be able to properly explain my feelings)
Grace Geary
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in weeks that actually made me want to read. I also feel the need to mention Bodie is the new love of my life and I will be taking no criticism on that.
Ivey
Nov 02, 2020 added it
hello katherine marchant i am waiting
Haira
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I am glad that I manage to catch this story on Wattpad before it is published in May 2020. I hope that I will be able to buy a copy too, when it is published.

You get a lot of stories on Wattpad. Good storylines and well-written first drafts. And sometimes you came across a gem such as this one.

Read it. You would not be sorry. I am not.

Well, to be fair, I read almost indiscriminately and I could not remember the last time I feel sorry for any reading I started. So you should try this one and fin
shay
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people actually looking for a readable Wattpad book
"Somewhere, Josefina Rodriguez was telling her story, and people were listening. It was our job to make sure they didn't stop. It was our job to make sure she was heard."

~Laurel Cates

if you know Wattpad, you know that 99.9% of the books are either fanfiction or overused clichés. or both (most likely, both.). good books on that app are few and far between.

now this book, Whistleblower, falls in the 0.1% of books that won't waste your time.

i guess you could call it a slow-burn romance, but the thi
Bea
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well, this was such a refreshing read!
I don't know why, but a few days ago I vaguely remembered this story by Kate Marchant I had begun reading (Float) and I went looking for it. It is finished, but you have to pay to read it. My spirits faltered, I searched for more of Kate's stories (I also remembered really enjoying her writing style and sense of humour). I stumbled upon this one, and I'm so glad I did!
Wattpad romance is always an interesting category to navigate. There's a lot of cutesy rom
Amaya R
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have ever read. The characters, especially the main character Laurel Cates, are hilarious and so relatable. I laughed so hard, MULTIPLE times throughout all 48 of the chapters. The story line is so well done with the Vaughn case being a main part but also Laurel and Bodie's relationship. I love a good hate to love book, and this definitely qualifies as one of them. PLEASE read this book I promise it will brighten your life and make you want to procastinate your ho ...more
Kay Morrell
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
it 👏🏻 gets 👏🏻 better 👏🏻 every 👏🏻 time 👏🏻 i 👏🏻 read 👏🏻 it 👏🏻
Dee
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
Fun, thought-provoking, sweet YA that will please all readers. Highly recommend!
Chhavi Singh
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
spellbinding.
Sonam S
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After a long time I loved reading a book.
So many different issues were highlighted. Overall it was an awesome read for me ❤️❤️
Areesha
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I remember reading this book on Wattpad and loving the hell out of it. Laurel and Bodie were the cutest, and that slow-burn was just chef's kiss. Do I need to say more?
Liz not Bennet
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a Wattpad book I can recommend without hesitation (and without explaining how it's kind of bad but also really good). I love this, it was so refreshing!
It has an interesting, relevant and gripping plot, loveable but still flawed characters and also a bit of romance.
This was not the last time that I read this book and I'm considering buying it once the published version is available.
Chantia
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I was here since it was being updated regularly on Wattpad! Again, amazing. I mean it. Please read! ❤️
Anousha Ambar
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best I have read. Loved it. Long but not stechted or boring and an informative and interesting story line too. Romance part is a little too sudden but chick-lit and mystery is amazing. Love the author's reading list too.
Amanda Molina
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've loved Kate Marchant since the good ole Wattpad days and I mean like wayyy before her book Float was even finished, so when I saw that she was coming out with another book, obviously I LOST IT!!

I loved this book so much, and can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy when it gets published later this year!! I loved Laurel as a strong, determined, Latinx main character. And oh gosh, don't even get me started on Bodie's character arc. UGH!

Tacos, Selena Quintanilla, and non-cliche romances
Ana Luíza
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
É sempre tão bom encontrar essas histórias maravilhosamente bem escritas no Wattpad. Tenho muito orgulho de fazer parte dessa geração que escreve romances dessa maneiras, fofos e clichês do jeito que devem ser, mas abordando assuntos mais importantes. E esse livro aborda eles de uma maneira incrível. A descrição é toda muito incrível, e eu me apeguei muito aos personagens. Gostaria de mais desenvolvimento da história.
E mais uma vez um livro coloca minhas expectativas pra homens lá em cima porque
lyddou
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have ever read on Wattpad. I felt that the author knew her characters so well and had put so much thought and emotion into the plot and the story. It was overall incredibly good and the message it sends out into the word is perfectly executed. Just read it...and I am filled with so much excitement to actually write a full review that will do it justice. "Whistleblower" is the first book that I've read from this author, but I am immediately diving into all the rest of her ...more
Chey ♡
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was flipping amazing and I am so glad I caught this before it was published because I will totally buy it when it comes out. Iread it all in one sitting
Ena
Jul 29, 2020
serena
Jul 02, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Write Me Off (USW Series, #1)
  • The Bad Boy and the Tomboy
  • Perfect Illusion (Perfect Series, #1)
  • I Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know
  • The Hoodie Girl
  • The Cell Phone Swap
  • She's With Me (She's With Me, #1)
  • A Thousand Storms
  • High School Hit List
  • Still With Me (She's With Me, #3)
  • Perfect Addiction (Perfect Series, #2)
  • The Heartbroken Heartbreaker