Start by marking “Spark (Web of Desire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spark (Web of Desire, #1)

Spark

(Web of Desire #1)

“From a little spark may burst a flame.” ~ Dante Alighieri

Madeline~
Life’s lessons taught me well.
Dreams and happy endings are simply illusions our mind creates to soften life’s blows. I am no longer a little girl who believes in fairy tales or the existence of knights on white horses.
While I never intended to return to Chicago or to see him again, the decision was ou
Published January 13th 2020 by Romig Works

Start your review of Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
April
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited for Patrick’s story and boy was it worth the wait!! Totally devoured it in one sitting!
Patrick’s past has remained a mystery until now, when that past walks back into his life nothing will ever be the same.
Intrigue,mystery incredible characters and heartfelt emotions are just the start to this gripping and delicious read!
Michella
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Hooked from the prologue! A very mysterious and intriguing storyline. Patrick and Madeline have scorching hot chemistry that’ll have you turning the pages for more. The ending will have you begging and pleading for book 2. A definite must read!
Taylor
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yesssssss! Patrick and Maddie! They may be my favorite duo, to date! Fire and passion and intrigue. This book has it all and of course, in perfect Aleatha-fashion, she leaves us with our jaws agape and wanting the next book yesterday. I cannot say enough good things about Spark! I also LOVE seeing our old friends too... I missed Mason lol

5 sparkling stars!!!
Author: ➳ Aleatha Romig
Publication:, January 13th 2020
💖💖💖 💖 💖+++

ღ Spark is the first instalment in Aleatha Romig’s new series,

I walk into this this new trilogy of MS Romig wanting know more about Patrick Kelly. I also knew that MS Romig was going have cliffhanger to this book. Wow MS Romig will draw you from the prologue! And of course, willn’t let you go to the ever end! So you need to prepare yourself for one hell of ride

Both Madeline Miller & Patri
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
DNF - Chapter 16 🙈
giphy-5

So... I didn't hate this book... I didn't like it either. 😬

The plot wasn't boring... The writing wasn't bad... The characters weren't annoying... However, I wasn't interested to know what happened in the characters past - what happened in their present - or what would happen in their future.
I tried but... I JUST DIDN'T CARE. 😬😬😬

giphy-4
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Off and Running”Stars

What an exciting start to the Web of Desire Trilogy. This is Patrick Kelly’s story and boy did it create a spark in me. I found this first book to be very intriguing in setting up Patrick’s life, his coming face to face with his past and his desire to hold on to what he had lost. Madeline “Maddie” and her surprise with seeing Patrick sets off her own sparks but she holds so many secrets that must be withheld. It is quite the tango these two must do.

While the story takes p
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 1832A863-9156-4A92-84DF-2C08D74B3762_zpsjju5cbiv.jpg

Madeline Miller grew up in the foster system, and then lived in the streets of Chicago. For years her life was about survival, and being invisible. Then in a desperate moment her life suddenly takes an unexpected turn. She was no longer living in the shadows, but now a successful member of the elite with a well known reputation. She’d come full circle as she returns to Chicago to attend a poker tournament. She’d worked hard to put her past behind her, but then
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This review will be a big challenge if I don’t want to spoil anything for you as the synopsis is really, really mysterious!

What to tell you?

First this is about one of our men in the Sparrow bunch. As two of them already had their story, I’ll leave you do the math about who is concerned.

Second : I read it in one sitting! It’s a fast read, filled with secrets, stakes are high literally and figuratively and the hero is the most “non-threatening” yet commanding that we read about so far! On
Myla
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing

We first met Patrick in Secrets (Web of Sin #1) as a loyal and reliable friend of Sterling Sparrow. Finally, he's getting his story. Patrick's POV starts to tell how he became part of Chicago's elite.
"𝓣𝓸𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝔂 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓸𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓹𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓰𝓾𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓹𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓰𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓰𝓱 𝓲𝓷 𝓒𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓰𝓸'𝓼 𝓼𝓴𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮."
A poker tournament brought Madeline to Chicago, she's a hustler in playing the game. Her beauty commands attention, no wonder Patrick was captivated by it.
"𝓨𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝔂 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝔀𝓪
Syndi
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I really want to like this book. I do. I heard so many good reviews about Miss Romig. And this is my first read. I want to like it so badly.

The story is full of twist and turns. Angst and drama thrown into the mix. I feel this book would be that perfect book. However what does not work for me is there is too many secondary characters. I do not know the purpose of these secondary character.

With so many twist and turns plus I am blind about gambling, this book turns into a web of confusion for m
Tia Louise
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT! I lost two nights of sleep, because I HAD to know what would happen next. Prepare for nonstop clicking to the breathtaking end...

SPARK is all the suspense and edge-of-your-seat action you expect from an Aleatha Romig story... Patrick is bossy, sexy, and perfect. Maddie is smart, independent, and fierce. I really loved the poker tournament/gambling element--it added a fun layer of suspense by being totally tied into the murder mystery.

This world gets better and better! FIVE STARS!!!
Dora Koutsoukou
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ❤️❤️❤️❤️⚡️⚡️♠️♦️♣️♥️⚡️⚡️🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️

Let me start backwards.
I didn’t see this cliffhanger coming!!! 😮 I was just blown away!

I have enjoyed most of the author’s series and thankfully the first part didn’t disappoint me.
It had everything! Angst, suspense, secrets, deception, romance, twists and turns.

This romantic suspense story had me reading almost nonstop and it was full of passion and Sparks!
Juli Hall
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Aleatha did it again. I’ve been looking forward to Patrick’s story since first meeting him in Secrets. He’s so much more than I expected. My new favorite hero of Aleatha’s. When his past literally and figuratively comes back to life he will do just about anything to protect her. Maddie is in deep trouble and needs to win the poker tournament or she will loose everything including a secret she’s kept from Patrick. Holy moly what a cliffhanger. Can’t wait to read Flame. Highly recommended.
Renita McKinney
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No one and I mean no one can leave us on the edge of our seat with a sexy thriller like Aleatha and she continues that tradition with Spark. The thing about Aleatha is you never know where you may end up when you indulge in her stories. You start off one place and eventually end up in places you didn’t even know existed. Mentally, emotionally and physically.

Spark, OMG!!! When I finished this book, I could not fall back to sleep. Well, let me go back to what happened the exact minute I finished.
Nadine Bookaholic
I've said it before but I'll say it again, Aleatha Romig is the Queen of Cliffhangers! She knows how to grab you and hold you tight until the bottom falls out with the last sentence of the book and you are holding on by a thread wondering how you are going to make it until the next book is released.

I kid you not, this book was fantastic. I fell for Patrick when I first met him in SECRETS (Web of Sin Trilogy) there was just something about him that called to me, I knew we would get his story even
Chris
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spark, Book 1 in Aleatha Romig's Web of Desire series is yet another top-notch, thrilling read from this talented author. You do not have to have read any of the Sparrow Webs books prior to reading Spark, but you should. They will only enrich your "Spark" reading experience. If you don't, not to worry. I'm confident you will enjoy Spark as a standalone. Once again, Aleatha Romig gives us a descriptively rich, action-packed, page-turning story that will leave you begging for more. As always, she ...more
Angela
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aleatha Romig never disappoints.
This is the first book of the Web of Desire series.
It’s has passion and suspense!
I could not turn the page fast enough- I have this feeling “ I NEED to know what is about to happen?!?!”
The characters are some familiar people that was fun to read from her other books but don’t worry you can read this book and it will flow beautifully.
I can not wait till part 2 of Web of desire!
Book 1 was captivating- I can only anticipate Book two will be mind blowing!
Christine B
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-romance
Patrick Kelly has proven his loyalty to a man and a city of Chicago like no other. However, he has a secret that he hasn't told anyone, not even Sterling Sparrow the man in charge of this city. Then as I am casing a job and a lead on McFadden possible people is when I see her. The one person who can change everything Madeline (Maddie) but she doesn't see me quite yet cause I am in the shadows. The woman of my past how I believed was dead, the only person that could unravel me. My wife Madeline K ...more
Karen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spark is like a join the dot puzzle. You know the dots are all there but you can’t quite tell what the big picture is going to be. The game to join the dots is going to be a brilliant one if the first part of the story is anything to go by.

I had one of those stop mid chew moments when one of the dots was joined and then the final dot revealed in this episode knocked me on the floor! So many more things to discover that have me intrigued. I’m eager for more. Desperate.

Maddie and Patrick were you
We will see...
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying.. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I feel like there will be a lot of cursing this review but I will try and be good... But damn it, Ms. Romig, you have done it again and left me fucking speechless.

Aleatha's unique approach to anything she writes continues to blow me away. It doesn't matter what kind of genre/sub-genre she writes... You know going into the book that it's going to be brilliant and Spark (Web of Desire Book 1) was no exception and if I am honest... This may be Ms. Romig's b
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Not once, literally not once, did the cliffhanger in this one even occur to me. And, really, it should have. It's in character, and it follows with who Patrick and Madeline are...but it didn't occur to me. And. this made it a lot of fun...well, as fun as those torturous things called cliffhangers can be...so, only a little fun.

As always with Aleatha Romig, this book is on the darker side. But, it isn't. No one is being kidnapped or held against their will be the h
Cristina
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wait, what?! This ending!!! OMG! How?!
This book was great! From all points of view. I really needed to read a mature book and this one was the perfect one. It was full of action and suspense. Everything I needed.
But the cliffhanger... how am I supposed to wait another month to read the next book?! This is torture.
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
Can’t Read My Pokerface… She’s Got Me Like Nobody!
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

description

“I still get lonely
And baby, only then do I let myself recline
Can I let go, and let your memory dance
In the ballroom of my mind?
Across the county line.”

13 Beaches – Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Just go in knowing that this is a romance with very dark and twisty elements. In the first instalment, you get the set-up
Avid Reader
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spark (Web of Desire #1) by Aleatha Romig
5 stars
M/F romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Aleatha is an amazing writer. This is a spin off book from the previous series and I would highly recommend reading that one first, as there are characters from that series in this one too.

Patrick had nothing when he was younger. Now, older, wise and somewhat more ruthless, he has more money than he knows what to do with and respect from people all over his city. He has never fo
Grace
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it

In the first installment of this new trilogy, the author explores timeless love and how circumstances beyond one's control, can tear it apart.

Madeline Miller and Patrick Kelly first meet under unusual circumstances, in a back alley, where the desperate situation they share, unites them for years to follow. Rather than explore the blossoming love story, this story fast forwards years later, when Madeline reappears in Patrick's life. A woman who he thought was dead but remains his wife.
Books on Stereo
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
An intriguing introduction with a to die for cliffhanger.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
SPARK by Aleatha Romig is the First book in the Web of Desire Trilogy Series. This starts the story of Madeline 'Maddie' Miller and Patrick Kelly. Madeline and Patrick knew each other when they were younger. But Madeline disappeared leaving Patrick at a lost. Madeline has now return to Chicago but we start to learn that all isn't so good for her. Patrick lives in Chicago and is a key part of the Sparrow group that he helps to run with his friends. So of course their worlds collide again now they ...more
Mimiorphee
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc
"In Patrick’s arms, I would find that strength to remember the fire he tended within me and allow it to keep me warm in the future."

How to resist to an Aleatha Romig series... it's impossible! Spark, Web of Desire #1, will take you in a breathtaking atmosphere, where the Chicago underground world plays power games against the mafia of Detroit.

If you have read the Web of Sin series or the Tangle Web series, the you know who Patrick is. If you haven't, then, you'll fall for that loving, atten
Susan Staudinger
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5-4.75 STARS

Delving into this first installment of Aleatha Romig’s Web of Desire trilogy, I had no idea what to expect from Patrick Kelly’s story. Because when it comes to Aleatha, I have learned to always expect the UNEXPECTED. And with “Spark,” that’s exactly what this author has delivered!

Right from the get-go, an early revelation took me by surprise. From there, I slowly rode the wave of intrigue, curious as to where Patrick and Maddie’s story would take me.

Despite my early suspicions tha
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • Anyone But Cade (Anyone But... #2)
  • Fourth a Lie (Goddess Isles, #4)
  • Fifth a Fury (Goddess Isles, #5)
  • The Engagement Gift (The Gift, #1)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Something Just Like This (Stay, #3.5)
  • Take Me Down (Riggs Brothers, #2)
  • Drive Me Wild (Riggs Brothers, #1)
  • The Illusion Series Box Set: Side A & The B Side
  • Never Got Over You
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #2)
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana, USA. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist ...more

Web of Desire (3 books)
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Ashes (Web of Desire, #3)

News & Interviews