Start by marking “Tempted Bodyguard (The Hunted Shifters Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempted Bodyguard (The Hunted Shifters Legacy, #1)

Tempted Bodyguard

(The Hunted Shifters Legacy #1)

I shouldn’t want Celine …

She’s vulnerable,
pregnant by a vampire,
and hunted by everyone, including my own clan.
The difference is, I was sent to bring her here and keep her safe.
Everyone else?
The other shifters want to kill her, and the vampires …
well, everyone knows that vamps can’t be trusted.
But spending time with her, keeping her and her new baby safe, getting t
Published December 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tempted Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted Bodyguard

Start your review of Tempted Bodyguard (The Hunted Shifters Legacy, #1)
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Hunter and Celine are on the run trying to keep ahead of the dangers in their wake. Hunter has been charged with her protection and getting her to safety. Everyone is out to get her and as their time together goes so does Hunter's feelings for Celine. Celine is in a position where she has to trust someone and that someone is Hunter but as the threats rise and tension builds, she is beginning to question what lies ahead. Can she really trust Hunter to be there for her and keep her and her child s ...more
Gladys Mills
Hunter. This book no doubt kept me reading. I got a little confused with who was who in the beginning, but I certainly enjoyed this book! Keeping up with who was a daywalker, nightwalker, shifter, or vampire got a little confusing. The romance between Hunter and Celine was intense and dangerous along with being very steamy. This is the start of a good series! *** I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else’s. ***
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

Tempted Bodyguard begins The Hunted Shifters series with a compelling story of mistrust, intrigue, passion, danger, and fate stepping in with unexpected mates. The author ‘feels’ very familiar to me, yet I have no clear memory of reading her work before – still, she does have a backlist that I can definitely explore to see if I’d read anything before I began this blog. (I’ve been reading all my life, I’m sure there are some books along the way I’m not immediately remembe
Denise
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romances
Once again J. S. Striker has done an excellent job of building a world hidden from humans. There are "pockets" with secret entrances where small clans of supernatural beings exist. These clans are in perpetual war with one another over territory. These wars spill over into the human world where secrecy is all important. Into this war enters Celine, a pregnant human female who is carrying a vampire child. Everyone wants her and this baby. A baby that should not even be possible.

Hunter is a wolf s
Avid Reader
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The start of another brilliant series by J s Striker. As always the with this author the story is complex with lots of well written characters, different supernatural beings, romance and action. All the women are strong, feisty characters with strong protective instincts. Loved Hunter as the main character who was well matched by Celine the human mother. I enjoyed the side story of Max and Jameson and look forward to hearing more of their stories and hopefully the recovery of Malcolm the tiger s ...more
Carmen
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intensely Riveting

A great new offering by a favorite author. I did not stop reading until the very end. Hunter is a wolf shifter and his story introduces a misfit band of organized crime fighters. The characters introduced hint at personalities that I’m sure will further emerge in later books. The action and the mystery of what was going on behind the scenes kept me glued to the recliner. I have been starving for a new series like this one since I finished Shifters of Soho. I can’t wait to read
Beverley Pritchard
A new book from a favourite author.

A book full of vampires, shifters and "others", J. S . Striker' s quality writing and story telling is apparent in this intriguing book . It's set in the borough's of New York , in a world we don't see!
I'm hoping that this is another of J S Striker's quality series, as the storyline was gripping. I'm definitely hoping for more from these shifter heroes.
Gaynor Jones
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Times up

Hunter and Celine.... One running from danger, one sent to protect the other and their package.
The danger is high and the heat between them intense. Will these two from different worlds find a common ground in love and family. A good paranormal read with great characters!!
Charlotte
*WARNING* contains explicit adult situations, violence
This story was okay. I was a bit confused by the whole vampire thing...vicious vamps, non vicious vamps, wild vamps, daywalking vamps, nightwalking vamps, and half breed vamps. Huh? Then there were the "pockets". I'm not even sure how to explain that. Anyway....it was well edited and I thought Max was a great character.
Shirley Bennett
Celine is thrown into the supernatural world when she ends up pregnant - but not by a human! This begins the race by all the supernaturals to either capture or destroy her. Except for Hunter - a shifter who sets himself up as her protector! Lots of excitement, drama, mystery and fun love scenes!!! I enjoyed this so much, I am off to the next book!!
RITA BOTTILLO
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utterly Enjoyable

Great story with captivating well developed characters who weave a web of intriguing, cunning and love. Well developed story line kept me involved to the end and left me wanting more.
Cathie McManus
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Celine is in trouble. She is being followed. Some clans want her alive, others don't. Hunter is trying to keep her safe.

Suspense keeps you on your toes. She is kidnapped. Someone, unlikely, comes to her rescue. Good Book.
Pamela R. Ballinger
Great Adventure

What a wonderful experience. I loved the characters, especially Sydney. There was action, drama and amazing love scenes. The best parts were how well done the reality of the interaction of the people. The parts with Max and the baby were the best.
Jane Elizabeth
KU Edition reader

This is another fine example of the "out of the box" stories by J. S. Striker! Shifters, vampires, and magic combined to entertain you!
Bonnie McCutcheon
Feb 09, 2020
Sally Hudd
Aug 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sins & Supernaturals (The Hunted Shifters Book 5)
  • Wicked Temptation (The Hunted Shifters #6)
  • Shifter Boss (The Hunted Shifters #7)
  • Shifter Fever (The Hunted Shifters Book 8)
  • Bear for Her (Lone Reach Shifters, #1)
  • Fated Mates (The Hunted Shifters Book 9)
  • Make Her New (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #2)
  • Steal Her Heart (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #1)
  • SEAL's Bride (Small Town SEALs #1)
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
  • Road Devils MC: The Complete Collection
  • Katie's Date with an Alpha (Date Monsters for Alphas #1)
  • Rise of The Alphas Collection (Rise of The Alphas, #1-11)
  • Found by Frost (Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds, #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Emory’s Date with an Alpha (Date Monsters for Alphas #4)
  • Hot-Tempered Hannah (Mail Order Brides Rescue, #1)
  • Holler and Howl (Mosh #1)
J.S. Striker lives on the west coast with her hubby and 2 Great Danes. The coast is full of magical forests, the mountains and ocean often giving her inspiration for her stories. Having worked as a social worker most of her adult life J.S. is now giving writing all her energy and loving every minute of it. Enjoy!

Snag a complimentary copy of her exclusive werebear shifter Erik and join her newslett

News & Interviews