Start by marking “4 Days (John Testarossa #2)” as Want to Read:
4 Days (John Testarossa #2)

4 Days

(John Testarossa #2)

The body of a young woman is found in the marshes of L.A.’s Ballona Creek. As with most murders Detectives John Testarossa and Alex Ortiz are asked to solve, this one makes no sense.

When a second body is found, and then a third, the only thing the young victims have in common is that, as children, each went missing for four nightmarish days.

And then they were released. Ali
Published October 22nd 2019 by Dante Milan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 4 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4 Days

Start your review of 4 Days (John Testarossa #2)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Flipping love this series. Can’t get enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
4 Days is a perfect sequel to the story that started the series. What’s special about this book is the fact that the author takes the time to fully develop John Testarossa into a character that we would love to know, be around, and even fall for.

He and his partner have a fabulous working relationship. John’s funny, jaded, kind, and a real soft touch inside of a big burly bear. And he’s definitely a man in love.

I’m excited to see Karen back
Karen
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Testarossa, the first book in the series (can definitely be read as a stand alone though) but 4 Days just knocked me off my feet!

There’s so many strands to the book that work flawlessly together.

The whole police investigation part of it, the gathering of the evidence, the solving of the clues, it’s brilliant. The relationship of the cops and the team, so perfectly observed. They work together like a well oiled machine.

Then you have the characters. JT the main man, the giver of nicknames
Ken Orton
May 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, mystery
All in all not a bad book. Had some disturbing dialogue like the lovers calling each other darling, etc. Maybe I'm just not familiar with that. Plot was pretty good and characters were pretty well developed. Made for good casual reading. ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an outstanding read. The story-line, along with it's characters are, both captivating and intriguing and will draw you in and hold your attention throughout the entire journey to find the criminal and to see if John and Karen will work out in the end. The story, revolving around the murders of past victims of abduction and subsequent release four days later takes some real work in discovering the link between the victims and to find what the motive is in this case. It is painstakingly slow ...more
Gwen Shafer
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second book from this writer and just as good as the first one. This one is also about the Detective who can solve almost any crime put in front of him. This time he is dealing with the deaths of some girls. These girls had the same thing happened to them when they were kids. Everything seems to be related . I absolutely love reading these books. There is just enough suspense, twists, turns and mystery in the storyline to keep you hooked from beginning to end. I also love that there is just enou ...more
Michele bookloverforever
Not a cheerful book. A look into a depraved soul and his minions as well as the few survivors he set free. Also the story to a good but flawed cop who is all too human.
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JD Cary came crashing in my life with the first A John Testarossa read, and I've been in love ever since. 4 Days is obviously another Testarossa story, and this detective JT, has me falling for him. He & his partner Alex Ortiz, are investigating the murder of a young woman who was found in L.A.'s Ballona Creek. This murder though makes no sense, and the bodies start to really pile up, as they're rushing to solve the case, so I was on the edge of my seat cover to cover. And you already know that ...more
Kelly Graham
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
The storyline is gritty, you know exactly what the victims must have endured and yet the author doesn't need to describe it all in horrific bit by bit detail for you to understand and feel the horror of it.
The description is so in depth you can almost feel like your there and can smell the horrific sweet yet sterile, bleach acetone type smell while your reading.
The working relationship between John and Alex is full of banter and love.
They both work well together and i
Becky Wise
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
As the second book in a John Testarossa Novel I simply loved 4 Days so much. Now that I know who John is and how his mind work. I love how he takes on the cases and throws himself into it and doesn't give up. The way he works with his partner Alex is wonderful. I love how they have this brotherly bond. You see a bit more emotions with in John this round when it comes to Karen. If you don't know who Alex or Karen are then you really need to read the first book Testarossa. I love the dynamics betw ...more
Misty
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series! John Testarossa's work is never done that's for sure. This was a perfect continuation to the first book. I would recommend reading the first book to get more out of Testarossa’s story and back history.

In the first book, I got a feel for John and who he is but after reading this one, I absolutely love his character. He gives everything to his job to solve these cases. Let me just tell you, these cases are hands down very detailed and gives this book its own uniquen
Carissa Janes
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't read the first book in this series but I was so caught up in this story that I'm going to go back and read it.

This story was really engrossing and once it got going I was sucked in! I struggled with the transitions some, and I don't know if they were conveyed well in the ebook format. Sometimes books look different between my Kindle app and my actual Kindle so maybe that's the case here. I like Testarossa and the author does a great job with character development.

Can't wait for the ne
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: carrie
I love this series it's one of the best cop books I've read in awhile. Though it can be read as a standalone I would recommend reading the first one to get a better feel for who the character is.

John gives his all to solve these cases. He has a strong bond with his partner and will do anything for him and his relationship with Karen get's even stronger and is off the charts in chemistry.

A book filled with murder and supense the author puts there Heart in to this series. A must read series. I can
Dee Winston
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have found a new book boyfriend. This book has restored my faith in John. He's a great man a great Detective. He has his flaws but who doesn't. He's up front with his. I love his patience with his witnesses because he cares what they have to say, even if it's a waste of time. His loyalty is like non other. ...more
Julie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2019
Loved this book so much. I will definitely be reading the first John Tesarossa novel.
Mardene
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good

If you have a secret desire to read hard hitting police procedurals, read this and Testarossa. So good. I love these people.
Trudymae
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book
The P.Turners
Dec 15, 2019 added it
Shelves: arc, k-2
Please see blog for [K]'s review: https://thepturnersbookblog.wordpress... ...more
Tamatha Hargett
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series! I enjoyed this book even more than the first. Hope to see more from JD Cary in the future.
norma lynn hongerholt
Mike Welton
Feb 17, 2020
Kathy
Jan 20, 2020

• Old Bones (Nora Kelly #1)
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin, #1)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • Thief River Falls
  • This Is Not How It Ends
  • In the Dark
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless: Season One #1)
  • The Tracker (Sam Callahan, #1)
  • Victoria (Lt. Kate Gazzara #5)
  • Ice Cold Heart (Monkeewrench, #10)
  • The Lost Key (A Brit in the FBI, #2)
See top shelves…

John Testarossa (2 books)
  • Testarossa (John Testarossa #1)