Start by marking “Wrath and Wing” as Want to Read:

(Ena of Ilbrea #0)

Home, love, safety. They are all a lie.

Healing is a hanging offense, and Ena is done risking her neck to watch her patients die. Fleeing a future of blood and death, Ena braves the dark unknown. Life taught her the cruelty of the world. But she never imagined the dangers of her journey.

As evil surrounds her, Ena is threatened with a fate worse than the one she escaped. Leg
Published December 9th 2019 by Ink Worlds Press

To ask other readers questions about Wrath and Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrath and Wing

Start your review of Wrath and Wing
Anie
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: high-fantasy
Ena lives in a small village and works as a healer of a sort. It's a risky job, given that it is forbidden to do so. Seeing people die every day and not being able to do much, takes a toll on her, until one night, it's too much. She takes off, with just a note to say goodbye. Her plan is to walk to the town where her brother works and figure the rest out later.

But the road is not safe, as she soon figures out and it's up to Ena to survive whatever is thrown her way.

It's such a great first book.
Jypsy
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Wrath And Wing
By: Megan O'Russell

*REVIEW* 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Wrath And Wing is a novella about a journey. The heroine, Ena, due to circumstances, journeys to her brother. This is the tale of her adventure. It was entertaining and engaging from beginning to end with a few twists and turns and bumps in the road. Honestly, the story felt overall like a prequel to another book or a series(there will
Deekay
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book to read. If you love reading short fantasy stories that has some great actions and nice world-building with a beautiful concept, you’ll love this one.

Honestly, I was shocked at how short the story was, but really worth it. I’ve been reading a lot of long fantasy stories lately which can get very exhausting, and reading this short fantasy story was a nice change for me.

Even though it wasn’t a long story, but it was really an excellent one. I loved how this short story i
Chad Barrus
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Megan’s books are so descriptive that I can picture in my minds eye what she is describing as I find myself there.

Ena decides to leave the town where she was born and journey to see her brother. She has plenty of excitement when two people offer to give her a ride as she walks along the road. This book details her journey to her brother but surprises await her there.

I believe young adults and adults will enjoy this book and it certainly leaves one wanting more as there is a preview of the next b
Kanwarpal Singh
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
This story starts with our lead female protagonist "Ena" was pursued by thugs and literally got kidnapped on her return to home, later she find a way to escape, with courage and forward thinking, she did something and saved other children too who are got abducted and are with those thugs. Later she made a plan to meet the witch to give a proper lesson to those who do bad to others, and after she cleverly do that part. She left the castle in her search of her brother and reached where he worked e ...more
Cathrine Schmelzer
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

I really enjoyed this story! It's a short story to introduce Ena's world and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!
Debbie
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great prequel. Although it's been a while since I read Ember and Stone, so I don't know if the events in this book are even mentioned, I just finished reading the second book (Mountain and Ash) and there are some parallels to Wrath and Wing there that shed light on Ena's choices in Mountain and Ash. It's clear from this prequel that Ena has always been a force to be reckoned with, despite people's regular underestimation of her.
Maria Do
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Livro introdutório acerca da saga de Ena, curto e de leitura rápida. Como eu amo livros de fantasia, acho que a narrativa tem muito potencial, vejamos se essa expectativa se cumpre quando eu conseguir ler a sequência.
Ketutar Jensen
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-cloud
A little confusing... some of the things she was sharing with total strangers, their reactions, her reasoning... I think it will be better in the real book.
Phyllis
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an interesting start to a
** very ** promising series.
I'm looking forward to the books
to come.
Enjoy !!

Phyllis S.
Leticia
Apr 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This was an entertaining fantasy Novella that I read in one sitting. In addition, it’s the beginning of a series that could be interesting.
Harley
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent short fantasy novel.
OldBird
An interesting young adult fantasy prequel to tease for a main series (with an absolutely eye-snagging cover!)

Sixteen(ish) year old Ena is a Healer of a sort. In her world, using skills like Healing without being part of a Guild can be punishable be anything from forced conscription to death. She hates having to hide away, watching people of her village sicken and die because she and her mentor's skills aren't enough, but too afraid of the Guilds' harsh regime to have anything to do with them. S
Emma Katherine
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read my full review here: https://lifesanovelty.blogspot.com/20...

Opinions: All in all, Wrath and Wing was a short and sweet read. I appreciate O'Russell's ability to portray emotion through word choice, action, and dialogue; showing rather than telling is a technique not all writers have mastered, but O'Russell definitely has! Personally, I see more potential in O'Russell's Ena of Ilbrea series than the Maggie Trent series and I am excited to continue reading! Although this isn't the type of st
Books
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I accidentally read this after I read it's sequel so this acted like a prequel novella for me.

Despite being a little bored for the first 5/10% of the book due to finishing all the action of the second book and skipping back to the beginning and slightly slower build up in this book I still loved it!

The writing style captures you and it's like you're actually there with Ena on a journey together. I found myself forgetting I was reading and just going along for the ride.

The plot is condensed due t
Timothy Skilton
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this little teaser novella, which provides the reader with an introduction to the series, its main character, and the world/civilization for the series. It is a nice device that lets us get intrigued by the Ena, the main character, and makes us want more. The world-building was deftly accomplished, although the details were a little sparse and there were too many unresolved threads for my taste. I liked it, but I was disappointed by the abruptness of the ending. But better, I suppose, ...more
Anna Maria
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
I don't usually read short prequels of actual series because I hardly ever found they worth the time and unfortunately this novella was no exception. It was a short introduction to a world and to a main character that I didn't really learn anything about and a plot that didn't really tell me anything. It did hint that the world might be interesting but again I'm talking about this book and not what the first one of the series might be. I can't say that it was bad and hard to finish, it was an ea ...more
Marjorie
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This introduction to a medieval-esque fantasy world started in loss and despondence. Ena left her home searching for hope and a new start only to encounter corruption, depravity and a despotic government. But along the way she might also have found a quest and a purpose. Ending with more questions than answers, this book hints at a richly imagined world full of complex struggles.

The main character, Ena, is supposed to be 16-ish but came off as younger in most of the book - especially given the
Jan
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wrath and Wing
In a world controlled by the Guilds, Ena, desperate to escape the small village where she was raised, where her non-Guild healing talents are punishable by death, decides to leave to find her brother. This well written Novella draws the reader right into the story, and Ena is a wonderfully crafted, strong female character. Interesting uses of magic and good character development make this a must read. I am looking forward to the next one in the series! I received an ARC copy of thi
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received an eARC from the author. This does not affect my review.*

I loved this story, though wouldn't complain if it were longer. ;D One thing I noticed, it that this feels more like a prequel that 'leads up to' the main story, and less like the start of a series, making me curious about how this story will play out, and how it will be broken up. I've seen many more novella/episode type series in the last year, and this would be perfect for that! I really enjoyed reading it, and am curious to
Patrick Tuttle
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, adventurous, and hinting at magic and turmoil

The story follows Ena, a young woman with a spirit craving adventure and who has a clever mind to help her survive them.

While short, the author does a beautiful job of introducing us to the turmoils of Ilbrea and the danger that looks on the horizon. I look forward to future installments.
Maria
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written and engaging, but short. I like the main character, Ena, but there's little character development of anyone else. Good world building, there's lots of scope here for the series to develop. A short intro to the next book in the series is included, and I'd like to read more.
I did receive an ARC of this book, and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Jenny
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is always interesting to read the first book in a new series, and to find the world that has been made for us. This wasn't a very long book, but I really enjoyed reading it, and found the characters believable and enjoyable. I look forward to seeing how this story in this new world develops.
Tammy
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Did it make me want to read the series? Yes. There are a lot of unanswered questions I have with the characters. Need more world building info to get a better feel for the setting.
Sharon Anderson PhD
Jan 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: finished
Sorry to give a dastardly review, but the first few chapters were so very dark for my tastes. Too much graphic description of blood, etc. I couldn't read more.
Mairy
Dec 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ahh yeah
Although it shows signs of a good book it ends too soon and it didn't get into the actual plot
Disappointed the least
Rodell Bate
Dec 17, 2019
Bree
Jun 15, 2020

• The Elements of the Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria)
  • Starfire (The Starfire Wars, #1)
  • Retribution  (Lucky's Mercs #1)
  • From Ashes to Magic (A Supernatural Beings Anthology, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Curses and Candy Canes: A Paranormal Mystery Christmas Anthology
  • The Truth About Alice (Evil Lies, #2)
  • The Art of Piracy
  • Tattoos and Clues (Mitzy Moon #2)
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
  • The Train to Impossible Places (The Train to impossible places, #1)
  • Gorgeous Gyno
  • The Realm of Lost Souls (The Angels & Magic Series Book 1)
  • First Contact (Oblivion Book 2)
  • Game of Scones (A Beaufort Scales Mystery #4)
  • The Boy and Girl Who Broke the World
  • Deviation (The Sophisticates, #1)
  • Fashionably Fanged (Hot Damned #8)
Megan O'Russell is the author of several Young Adult series that invite readers to escape into worlds of adventure. From Girl of Glass, which blends dystopian darkness with the heart-pounding danger of vampires, to Ena of Ilbrea, which draws readers into an epic world of magic and assassins.

With the Girl of Glass series, The Tethering series, The Chronicles of Maggie Trent, The Tale of Bryant Ada

Ena of Ilbrea (1 books)
  • Ember and Stone (Ena of Ilbrea Book 1)