Start by marking “Crux (Skins #3)” as Want to Read:
Crux (Skins #3)

Crux

(Skins #3)

El Diablo è morto. The Devil is dead.
In the underworld when a leader falls, another leader is ready to rise. I'm that leader. This is my time to rule.
But stepping into my brother's shoes, comes with a price, an inheritance of both gold and blood.
Are you ready for a war? No rules, no boundaries. Every man for himself.
It's showdown.

"You take from me, I take from you. I
Published November 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Crux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crux

Start your review of Crux (Skins #3)
Erika's Book Blog
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia
"Her hatred is like a new drug to me: I feed on it. It makes me feel stronger, alive. I haven't felt alive in so long."

I'm still blown away days later!! The story of the youngest De La Crux BLEW MY MIND!! Gritty, raw, real, intense, unexpected, mesmerizing, and addictive!! My heart broke, my tears fell, there was beauty as much as pain....it took me on a ride I didn't want to end. The action, the swirling questions, the secrets revealed, the pain, the gripping journey he took, not to mention the
StinaA
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have read Skins and Scars by this author, then you're going to love Crux! But I believe you can also read it as a standalone.

"Senza Anima, the Soulless Man. That's what they call me. If you know who I am, you do your best to avoid me. If you don't, you better trust your instincts and keep away."

Crux, is a dark rollercoaster that will bring you down to the gutter and even try to drag you all the way down to hell. It's gritty and twisted. It's not a story for the weak minded.

"I don't care
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMFG! Slayed!

This book is everything, Absolutely amazing!

The author a real sweet lovely lady, but The De la Crux family let her bring her dark, twisted, passionate side come out to play, and they know how to get down and dirty, in the bedroom and protecting their underground drug lord status.

This is part of a series so if you haven't read Skins, Scars and Filomena they are a must.

This book picks up where Scars ends, after a death.

Multi main character POV, so you get a great insight into the cha
Tre Talbot
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read them all. Skins, Scars, Filomena and now Crux and wow! This story blew me away, we’re given a non stop dark Mafia romance filled with an endless roller coaster ride of emotions. Ramirez, being a De La Crux lives quite the different lifestyle than the ordinary man. The Soulless Man is set on revenge but in the process finds more then he saw coming. The character details draw you in, you connect and feel deeply for each of them. An unbelievable ending to a phenomenal series, I truly didn ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this story we learn how Ramirez became “The Soulless Man”, and how he is driven by rage. This is a well written flawless story which is dark, intense, raw, gritty, heartbreaking, twisted, and filled with secrets and revenge which all lead to a powerful and addictive story. I was totally captivated throughout and hats off to this gifted author for an amazing and thrilling story.
hopelesslyinlovewith_books
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no words for how I’m feeling right now after reading this book! I’m stunned! This book was SO amazing! This is officially my favorite Mafia series! It’s in a league of its own. There was so many lies and corruption and backstabbing and revenge and heartbreak. I am going to have a major book hangover from this book. I loved it so much. Im still speechless! All I can say is wow! Just wow!
Gina Burkart
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what did i just read. What a hot read from the very first page. This is a steamy read and amazing hot.
Shelly Reynolds
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I can wait. I have all the time in the world. No place to go, nobody to be. I'm the dead man coming back for more."

I am at a loss for words. This book has affected me more so than any other book I've read. It's been nearly a week since I finished this book, and my heart still hurts and Ramirez De la Crux invades my thoughts daily. I don't normally re-read books, but this one? Oh, yeah. I'll be re-reading this one for sure.

Following the death of his brother, Ramirez finds himself the head of th
Lou
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed reading Skins and Scars, then Crux will blow you away. You could read Crux as a standalone, but I would highly recommend reading Skins and Scars first, it will make Crux much better.

Crux is the story of Ramirez De La Crux, it follows Ramirez as he steps into Alejandro's shoes. Ramirez never wanted to be a leader, especially not of the ‘De La Crux’ empire. But now Alejandro is gone, Ramirez must step up and take the reins.

This book is an incredible rollercoaster ride of dark, twist
K.M. Lowe
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good!

No, no, no, no! I wanted that ending to be different. I think i sat on the edge of my seat all the way through. I don't think I have any nails left. Ramirez was the brother with a heart and soul, I'm heartbroken that his life ended the way it did. I was really hoping that he made a remarkable appearance at the end. I honestly don't know how I feel now. Alejandro I hated from Skins, nothing surprised me about him, he was evil through and through. But Filomena and Ramirez were just handed a t
Laura Lee
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just closed my kindle on this fantastic book. Crux, the title is perfect for this story.

This book is part of a series, you should totally read Skins, Scars and Filomena prior to reading Crux to fully understand the entire background. But if you insist on reading a standalone, this book can be read on its own. Don't say I didn't warn you though! This series is a must read!

Crux is Ramirez De la Crux aka The Soulless Man story. It's a dark, gritty and very emotional journey that this author takes
Leanne
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I was Simon Cowell I would be giving the golden button a beating and sending it straight through to the live final!
What a fanfuckingtastic read!
After having read Skins and Scars, I felt a little let down. I wasn't particularly enamoured with the story of De La Crux up to that point. Then Filomenna came along and I realised that Ms Rossi has really upped her writing game and I was really looking forward to the story of the younger Crux brother.
I absolutely adored everything about this book. I
TopsieJ
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Brilliant!!!

I was left numb at the end of this book for days.......in shock, even!!!
I honestly didn't know which way this story was going to go, even half way through and near the end, I was still wondering what would happen next! And well, I certainly didn't expect any of what did happen!! I have sobbed like a baby; you know, the ugly crying, can't breath type of sobbing!!!!
Such brilliant writing from Laura again; amazing twists in the De la Crux series with suspense, emotions making me
Joanne Walker
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you read a book and it has a lasting impact, it could be days or weeks even and your still thinking about what you read.

CRUX is that book.

Another fantastically written story that will leave an impression, long after the story has ended.

Rossi is able to entwine the story so well that you never see what’s coming, until it’s to late and your either left in awe, crying or simply smiling.

Ramirez was everything I never expected

Heart breaking, gritty and real is just a few words I would use t
Vicki Stephens
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crux is the sequel to Scars (you should read Skins and Scars first before this book.) and is a dark mafia read which tells the tragic story of Crux. When his brother is killed, Crux finds himself as a reluctant leader of the De La Crux mafia and is surrounded by betrayal and indecision as to which choice to make for the safety of his family. I recommend this novel which has a very dark plot and is filled with strong emotions, betrayal, violence, unexpected twists and turns, and an unexpected end ...more
Coco.V
Feb 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/13/2020)! 🎁
Tania
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, the story was well written and the characters were intriguing. Once I started I could not get enough, from the start till the end I was engrossed I was even on the edge of my seat with twists and turns, lust and passion, strength. The short story of eroticism of sensation. Do yourself a favor and buy the book you want be disappointed.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Maria Angie Mendoza
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark gritty and fast paced, this fast paced emotional read had me on the edge of my seat.
This mafia cartel romance was full of surprises.
This book can be read as a standalone although I think I need to read the other books to further enjoy this story line.
4.5 stars!
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
😭😭Omg😭😭 what a heartbreaktastic book Rossi!!
Equal parts heinous and poignant, barbaric and heart wrenching.
Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.
This adage could've been etched on the De La Crux family crest, Kill Them All the theme song of this bloodsoaked saga of a Mafia family in the underground world of drug dealing, extortion, murder and kidnapping in Naples and Rome, Italy. The picturesque cities have a river of blood and filth flowing under the tourists' feet, the violent mo
Lisa Hemming
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crux feels nothing inside of him. His soul died the night Francesca was brutally murdered. Since then, his life had been one miserable day after another. Working for the family business and dealing with his enemies is stressful and he only finds solace with his drugs and alcohol. He doesn’t know how he has existed like this.

When his brother dies, everything changes because he is now in charge of the family business. Crux is an emotionless man, void of feelings and full of anger and sorrow. He i
Eileen Robinson
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Omg i have finished this book and as I loved the first two i knew i'd probably like this one !!! BUT HOLY SNOWBALLS IN HELL !! I got everything i wanted and everything i did not expect!!! Dark, Twisted, steamy, but omg this family !!!! my emotions are still in a tangle, how this author gives us such deeply twisted characters but yet makes us root for them is beyond me !!!
Crux is man who is not only broken, but a man who has been manipulated his whole life, a brother who has betrayed and vilifie
Teri
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We knew Alejandro was trash of the worse kind. An awful excuse for a man and proud of it. We saw him get his due. We loved Filomina, cried with her, felt her pain, stood by her as her son took his life. We thought we knew the other son. The one she saw broken that day, the one that was conceived in love. We knew nothing. Everything we knew about him is a lie. His wife and child stolen from him. Created into the soulless $astard he was. He tried to help. Tried to come out of his fog long enough t ...more
Monja De Jager
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a character, Crux. Dark, full of despair and hurt, loss and revenge.
He grew up in violence and carried it through into his adult life.

His cross to bear is the death if his wife, he has never forgiven himself. When his brother Alejandro dies, Crux has to step up. He is out of his comfort zone and is trying to find his feet.
With this life of crime, there is the never being able to trust, the betrayals that keep coming, death that never leaves him and then finding out about the biggest b
Melissa
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this story. I'm absolutely amazed with the writing and story. The Italian mafia world told from the family's point of view is mind boggling. I seriously didn't want this story to end. But, WOW!!!!! What an ending! Crux, Donna Filomena, Ana and Roberto are forever etched in my heart and mind. There might be some room for Fiamma, still deciding on her. As for the others, meh. They don't really deserve much mention. Bad blood and all, you know. This story wil ...more
Carolann Evans
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet oh sweet death, come for me.

Crux is the last book in the dark romance mafia series by Laura Rossi. I have read each book and fell in love with most of the characters this author has created and others I’ve hated with a passion. She does a fantastic job of drawing you inside every book and I've felt that she has tossed me out at the end of each one leaving me weeping mess with my heart broken and Crux isn't any different. I feel I've lived along side each character I've been drawn to and Cr
Angela
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My oh my!! Crux is a treat for lovers of suspense/mafia books. This book takes you into a journey into the lives of different drug lords, and Mafia. The author does well to give the readers a sense of the seedy and violent world of drug running with the right mix of action and falling in love.
Laura Rossi has astounded me with her incredible, phenomenal writing. I was intimidated with the number of pages in this book, but I stayed up way past my bedtime to finish this engrossing story. You just c
Sharon
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this story is one emotional rollercoaster! This book is dark and can be read as a standalone or after reading the prior books in the series. Ramirez is thrust into a situation he never wanted but now he has it he has to do what needs to be done for his family. Be prepared to read this cover to cover as it’s a book that grabbed me from the beginning and made it impossible to put down until I had finished it.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Michelle
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m in total shock as I DID NOT see this book playing out as it did, so perfectly written drawing you in to this deep dark Maffia world of crime, murder, sex and drugs. Ramirez evoked emotions I didn’t think I would feel for him but I ended up being totally drawn to him. Blown away and devastated but totally in awe at Laura’s skills as she ties up this incredible series.... I highly recommend this book
Gail
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing and it was written so perfectly!!! Laura will pull you into this deep and dark life of crime that is the Mafia.. and the De La Crux Family
This is only the 2nd book in this set that I have read.. and I loved it... it’s deep and dark and just how I liked it!! I completely devoured this book!! Thank you fir the amazing read and all that is Ramirez!!
Clayr Catherall
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! I’ve been on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Holding my kindle in a death grip. Not believing what I was reading as everything unfolds....So good!

This was a dark, twisted, emotional read. Not for the faint hearted. Would recommend read earlier books first. Though can be read as standalone. Can’t wait to read more by this author. Will definitely reread this series.

• Ivan (Underworld #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Always
  • Endless Love
  • Anton (Underworld, #5)
  • Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1)
  • After Dark (After Dark, #1)
  • An Unexpected Match
  • Alexa: The Ties That Bind (Auction Night, #1)
  • Twisted Vow (Sinful Truths, #2)
  • Nikolai (Underworld, #6)
  • Kostya (Heirs to the Bratva Empire, #1)
  • The Hitman's Desire (The Silent Family #1)
  • Intimacy