Start by marking “My Pinewood Kitchen, A Southern Culinary Cure: 130+ Crazy Delicious, Gluten-Free Recipes to Reduce Inflammation and Make Your Gut Happy ” as Want to Read:

It’s microbiome-friendly meals with a Southern spin in this follow-up cookbook to the life-enhancing My Kitchen Cure so you can heal your gut and fight inflammation while enjoying 130+ delicious whole foods recipes with a farm house spin.

Mee McCormick, real food cooking expert and author of My Kitchen Cure, brings a Southern twist to comfort food classics with more than 13
Published April 14th 2020 by Health Communications Inc

To ask other readers questions about My Pinewood Kitchen, A Southern Culinary Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Pinewood Kitchen, A Southern Culinary Cure

Start your review of My Pinewood Kitchen, A Southern Culinary Cure: 130+ Crazy Delicious, Gluten-Free Recipes to Reduce Inflammation and Make Your Gut Happy
Susan's Reviews
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A feast for the eyes with beautiful, vivid photos of many of the dishes featured in this well-crafted Southern cookbook with a bit of international flare here and there.
The Falafel burger had me intrigued. The Farmhouse Ground Beef Stroganoff sounded enticing, especially with all of the gluten free noodles and the use of cashew sour cream.
am definitely going to try to whip up some Kentucky Caramel Chicken - using brown sugar or coconut sugar for the glaze.
Pea, Bacon and Mint soup is made even
Natalie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book is a beautiful cookery book full of deliciously mouth watering meals that I can't wait to try out in 2020. I've always had an interest in southern cooking and if my meals turn out anything like the ones in this book I'm on to a winner!
The best thing about this book is its gut friendly. My family have many autoimmune illnesses and i cant wait to share some of the re
Alicia Bayer
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm quite picky when it comes to cookbooks but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this one. The author runs a popular TN restaurant that caters to people with food allergies and health issues even though it's a southern country restaurant. She knows what she's talking about (and cooking about), as she fixed her own severe health issues with this kind of cooking. She's gluten free and dairy free, but her recipes are fantastically approachable and tasty. I can see why people drive over ...more
Kathleen
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very allergy and sensitivity geared recipes and the pictures are amazing.
Caitlin
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, cookbooks
I'll admit, I looked at the cover and title and expected something very different. It's incongruous to hear about southern and down home and also gut healthy.

McCormick has an interesting history, though.

I thought this was going to be more traditionally comfortable comfort food, whereas she’s basically the anti-Pioneer Woman.

After the clinical start, there were a number of recipes I was eager to save and try thanks to the enticing photos. And a number of fun facts.

She had me sold on the entre
Shelby
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Originally I requested this due to my cousin who was diagnosed with gluten allergy about a year ago. I wanted to see if there was anything new we could get on her menu instead of the same ol' recipes. Boy did I get a lot more than I bargained for. This is a very well written cookbook-I enjoyed the recipes the part 1,2,3 honestly did nothing for me and I skimmed that but the recipes are very well written and easy to follow. If you have gluten allergy or are just looking for a better eating habit ...more
Lindsey
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well -written with citations for relevant research and a friendly voice giving history behind the reasons, this cookbook makes me want to detour on our drive home from Florida to Toronto to try the Pinewood Kitchen in person. The recipes are simply written and include a variety of homecooked, health-happy, hearty southern classics.
Brittney // brittysbooks
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. For the first 1/3 of the book, we learn about why it’s important to have a healthy gut.

The rest of the book is filled with mouthwatering photos with delicious recipes that support a healthy gut. I personally plan to make the Grilled Peach Salad.
Lori White
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
My Pinewood Kitchen, A Southern Culinary Cure by Mee McCormick is my absolute favorite kind of cookbook - a good story told in a friendly voice with a lot of fun and inventive recipes that I'll actually commit to making at home.

The story part of the book explains the author's passion for allergy-aware and gut-friendly cooking. Not surprisingly, it started with her own digestive issues, and ramped up when she realized she wasn't the only one dealing with the fall out from an over-processed and u
Pamela Lamp
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Pinewood Kitchen - A Southern Culinary Cure - By Mee McCormick
Pam - Who I Met Today
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0obzwnZLL/ (Review posted May 30, 2020)
HCI Publishing - April 2020

Author, restauranteur, rancher, and community food advocate Mee McCormick is a warm and welcoming new friend as she dishes out the science behind the farm-grown foods we should eat to reduce inflammation, heal our guts, and increase our overall health. The best part? Even if you don’t have food sensitivities or diges
Johanna Sawyer
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasure it was to read this cookbook! Author takes us on a story about one woman’s plight to eat well with the issues that her health plagued her with. With similar issues of my own fight for gut health I applaud the author’s commitment to help others eat better.

What did I like? This book is wholesome... good food done right should be a pleasure to consume. Author sticks to her commitment to educate, and lead a fight towards healthier foods. Too many restaurants care about the bottom do
Susan Z
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a beautiful cookbook with gorgeous pictures and great recipes. It's full of whole food, cooked with love. The recipes look and sound great with the added bonus of being good for gut health.

I appreciated that all recipes are gluten free and many have modification instructions to also make them meat free or dairy free. Although I eat gluten, meat and dairy, it's nice to have options when cooking for others who may have restrictions.

The cookbook has chapters for salads (with homemade dress
Meghan
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from HCI Books in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was so fascinated in Mee's story in My Kitchen Cure that I was waiting for her to come out with a cookbook with some of the recipes she talked about in the book. Now, having read The Pinewood Kitchen I saw a lot of recipes that I am willing to try and some definitely are potential cooking demo especially Roasted Red Pepper Soup with polenta fing
Jamie Saunders
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This cookbook is all Gluten-Free Recipes and is filled with beautiful pictures.

This book has three parts, part one being Mee's journey, part two is about gut health and part three is the Southern recipes you've been waiting for. These recipes are gluten-free. When possible, Mee includes substitutions to make a dish dairy-free, meat-free, or grain-free. I loved how she referred to it as "Mee-ify" 'ing the culinary recipes she learned in culinary school to suit her dietary needs.

Gut health is a g
Meredith
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
**I received and voluntarily read an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

Most of the ingredients are fairly easy to find, and all of the dishes are definitely full of flavor. Favorites include "Coconut-Sweet Potato-Lentil Soup", "Pickled Okra", "Balsamic Butternut Squash with Cranberries", and "Raspberry Lemonade Muffins". Granted, I didn't always follow the recipes exactly, but the basic recipes had a strong base that I worked from.

Not a
Basicsadie
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Not only is this a beautiful, cookbook with tasty recipes, but it is educational as well! Many people have issues with digestion and the foods that cause them or irritate them. This is a great book to start your education on gut health, how to reduce the problems in the gut, reduce inflammation, and reverse chronic autoimmune diseases. Best of all? Mee offers a completely customizable approach to adapt recipes for different dietary needs, whether you’re gluten-free, Paleo, keto, or vegan! While ...more
Cozy Book Spot
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! The photos of the family makes the book more more special and you feel like you know the author! The food photos are gorgeous and mouth-watering! The book layout is very pretty and well organized. The first part of the book is all about Pinewood and the author's story. Then the second part comes with tips and lots of great informations! And then part three: the recipes! yay! Lots of yummy recipes using ingredients from the farm to table! I received a free copy of this book from ...more
Joni Owens
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I can’t wait to try some of these recipes. My oldest has been complaining about digestive issues but hates missing out of her favorite foods. Mee McCormick gives healthy alternatives to all different sorts of issues. Don’t eat meat? Egg Free? She’s got a fix for that. Oh and every single picture is so pretty. You wouldn’t guess any of these recipes were made with dietary restrictions in mind. They just look like good food.
Kathy
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very informative and interesting cookbook. Background reads like a story; usually I skip the preliminaries and head right to the recipes. That is not the case here, everything was presented beautifully and held my interest. The reasoning and explanations are done well. Beautiful photos and easy to follow recipes.

The only drawback is a lack of nutritional information.
Kate
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome cookbook!! I have IBS so I love book has gut friendly recipes! The author is so warm and down to earth so the written part is very enjoyable as well! I love hearing her story and not just seeing beautiful pictures of the food, but also of her every day life. Recipes are varied and look great as well!! This is must have!!
Allison Collins
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Gorgeous photos and intelligent, relatable author. Tons of great gut-friendly recipes to add to the rotation and I like the swaps that are given for people who are vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, etc. It's hard to cook for a group when different people have different allergies or sensitivities...this book makes it possible and delicious. ...more
Jenn Adams
I was skeptical going into this, but the author won me over a bit with how knowledgable she seemed about everything we can put into our bodies. Still not for me, but will be great for some people.

Thanks to Net Galley for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.
MJ Buckley
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Mee McCormick really understands the importance behind quality food and the investment one must do to bring a farm to table concept to fruition. Learning about the gut and how certain foods can affect you really helps
put things in perspective. I can’t wait to try some of these recipes!
Elaine
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great recipes, easy to follow instructions and everyday ingredients make this a must have! You will learn how to use ingredients in new and delicious ways and feel healthier than you have in years.
Annie
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

My Pinewood Kitchen, A Southern Culinary Cure is an anti-inflammatory gluten-free diet guide with recipes developed by Mee McCormick. Released 14th April 2020 by HCI, it's 304 pages and available in paperback and ebook formats.

This book is a wonderful resource, especially for family dinners where one (or more) members are trying to adhere to a special diet, in this case inflammatory conditions or IBS or similar digestive issues. The emphasis is
Janet

When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ❄️ ), superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

It’s microbiome-friendly me
Glorimar Rosa
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the approach of this cookbook. I usually avoid Southern cookbooks because of the unhealthy deep fried recipes but this one surprised me.
The author shares her story and her health issues. The book includes a lot of information about gut health and provides citations to studies. The southern classic recipes are there but with healthy twist. I was surprised at the good amount of vegetarian recipes and things like coconut bacon, definitely doing that for my salads!!
The vegan Mac and cheese and
Ginger Hudock
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a Southerner and a nutritionist with multiple food allergies, the title and description of Mee McCormick’s new cookbook intrigued me immediately. My Pinewood Kitchen: A Southern Culinary Cure has the description that the book with “bring a Southern twist to comfort food classics”. The book does just that with recipes that are gluten and mostly dairy-free. There are healthy adaptions for fried chicken, hot wings, roasted okra, mac & cheese, biscuits and even a carrot hot dog!

The first third o
Witch-at-Heart
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This cookbook is amazing it is filled with fantastic information on gut health and how to feed your body to help your gut heal. The photos make every dish look amazing and the recipes I have tried are sooooo good. This book is a wonderful find for anyone suffering with digestion issues I was mainly interested for the aspect of healthy meals for weight loss but I have learned so much about gut health and properly eating to heal from within that I highly recommend this book if you are looking for ...more
Jenn
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful perspective on cooking and changing up your lifestyle. As someone who has several people I love with digestive problems , IBS, Crone's, gluten intolerance , lactose intolerance, and others a view point of someone who has experienced and overcoming the pains and complications in the kitchen is awesome. Mee has a peaceful Zen to her writing that makes reading her story and viewpoints very smooth. Typically when I grab a cookbook - I'll start reading the beginning and get bored and jump t ...more

• The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook: From Delicious Dole Whip to Tasty Mickey Pretzels, 100 Magical Disney-Inspired Recipes
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, #1)
  • Jew-ish: A Cookbook: Reinvented Recipes from a Modern Mensch
  • Come On Over!: Southern Delicious for Every Day and Every Occasion
  • Twisted Fairy Tales: The Ninjabread Man
  • The Book on Pie: Everything You Need to Know to Bake Perfect Pies
  • Just Draw Botanicals: Beautiful Botanical Art, Contemporary Artists, Modern Materials
  • Canning Essentials: Jam-Packed with Essential Tools, Techniques, and Recipes for Fruits, Veggies, Jams, Pickles, Salsa, and More
  • Let's Fix Lunch: Enjoy Delicious, Planet-Friendly Meals at Work, School, or On the Go
  • The Secret Ingredient Cookbook: 125 Family-Friendly Recipes with Surprisingly Tasty Twists
  • Manga Drawing Deluxe: Empower Your Drawing and Storytelling Skills
  • Simply Living Well: A Guide to Creating a Natural, Low-Waste Home
  • My Singing Nana
  • The Illustrated Crystallary: Guidance and Rituals from 36 Magical Gems and Minerals
  • Slay
  • The Perfect Birthday Recipe
  • Find Your Flow: Capture it, Use it, and Make it Yours
  • Good News! It's Christmas!