Start by marking “Kittyzen's Arrest (Country Cottage Mysteries #1)” as Want to Read:
Kittyzen's Arrest  (Country Cottage Mysteries #1)

Kittyzen's Arrest

(Country Cottage Mysteries #1)

An innkeeper who reads minds. An ornery detective. And a trail of bodies. Cider Cove is the premiere destination for murder.

My name is Bizzy Baker, and I can read minds—not every mind, not every time but most of the time, and believe me when I say it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

Bizzy Baker runs the Country Cottage Inn, has the ability to pry into the darkest recesses o
Published September 24th 2019 by Hollis Thatcher Press, LTD.

To ask other readers questions about Kittyzen's Arrest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kittyzen's Arrest

Start your review of Kittyzen's Arrest (Country Cottage Mysteries #1)
Celia Buell
I kind of had a feeling I wouldn't like this, and was somewhat glad when I ended up having to read other books for my challenges in between this. I feel like this book sacrificed plot and character development for the advancement of the poorly designed relationship, as well as for the backstory of way too many side characters.

It did have a lot of potential, but there was so much I would rather have seen from this than what it was. I like a good cozy mystery every now and then, especially where a
Deanie Nelder
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure how this book got such a high rating. The main character is sometimes annoying and has no chemistry with her love interest. The mystery is interesting, but includes so many people sleeping with other people and cheating on their significant others, it's like a bad soap opera. The saving grace is her cat, Fish, and the adorable dog Sherlock Bones, who totally deserves his own spin-off. Now *that* I would read. ...more
Addison Moore
Jul 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Brand new series! Mind reading. Hot detective. Ability to communicate with pets. What could be better?

Be sure to pre-order this one TODAY!

Amazon https://amzn.to/2RJKcSI
Lady Delacour
DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
All the Distasteful Unnecessary
Secular Romance Innuendos
kept making me uncomfortable.
1 Disappointed Star.
Listened with TTS.
Not what I call Clean.
Crude and Mild Foul Language.
Caitlin Copp
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: january-2021
What a cute book! I struggled a little bit with the writing style in the beginning, it just seemed to jump around a bit, but either it evened out or I got used to it.

Bizzy Baker runs an Inn in Cider Cove. She has a unique set of friends and relatives, and a unique ability to be able to read minds! There is only one other person on earth who knows she can read minds, and Bizzy has sworn her to secrecy. Things are going well, then the vampire shows up, shortly thereafter, one of her employees is
Pumpkinpuddy
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
So so. Bizzy was too rude most of the time, and the way she treated the detective was annoying. Her friends, their intrusiveness, and her sister's overt man-hunting made the book unpleasant to read. The mayor didn't help. It seemed like everybody was too much in each other's business, too busy looking for sex, and too into themselves to show any real feeling for anybody. The mystery in this book wasn't interesting enough to overcome the fact that, except for the detective and the pets, the chara ...more
Nichele  D Givand
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bizzy Body

I like the painful love story intermingled with a good murder mystery. Not only was I wondering who done it but, I was curious to see if Bizzy Body would completely sabotage a potentially good relationship or not. Sometimes I felt a bit impatient when the love affair took precedence over the murder. However, it’s still good reading. That’s why I give it 5 stars oh and the sweet treat at the end solidifies my my rating.
Heidi Prockish
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This book was super cute! I can't believe I didn't read it sooner. Plus, what a twist ending!!! I am looking forward to seeing what happens next in Cider Cove. ...more
Susan Ferguson
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2020, nook
Bizzy (because her sister couldn't say Elizabeth) Baker runs the Cottage Inn in Cider Cove. She can sometimes read minds and understands cats and dogs. In fact, she has a kitten named Fish. Fish has an encounter with a dog named Sherlock Bones, and Bizzy gets knocked into the water at the cove. She is terrified of water and being submersed. Sherlock's owner manages to haul her out of the water and she learns he is checking into one of the cottages. Then she learns he's the new homicide detective ...more
Debbie Vetter
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cute, Spunky, Fun

This story is lighthearted, fun and thoroughly enjoyable. Bizzy and Fish are quite a pair. Add Jasper and Sherlock and you've got a winning combination. An all to serious, gorgeous detective and a mind reading Inn manager united by the murder of an Inn employee. Great job. Thank you.
Karen
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, free-prime, 2021
Cute. Exactly how you expect a cozy to be.
Genevieve Bomes
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series. I love Bizzy and her mind reading ability. I also love her heating up romance with Jasper. The story line was great with lots of twists and turns that kept me guessing till the end. I also loved all the side characters her sister, her grandma and best friend. I didn't like the fact her mother is suppose to now be dating Jasper's brother. ...more
Rachael

This was the first story i read by Addison Moore. I enjoyed the story.

I loved the title of the book, Kittyzen's Arrest and the animals name's in this book ( Fish & Sherlock Bones )

I liked that Bizzy could read minds even the animal's which in turn lets her communicate with the animals (Doctor Dolittle anyone?) Bizzy's interaction with Sherlock Bones and Fish (Bizzy's cat) is what kept me reading the story. I adored Sherlock Bones and Fish.

I will definitely be continuing reading this se
Jan
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
So-so mystery

I should have known better than to fall for a punny title! Not an interesting or clever mystery. It wasn't particularly funny either. Bizzy was always contradicting herself and the "stay out of my investigation" with Jasper got repeated way too many times. The mind reading wasn't integral to the plot either. The book was readable so 3 stars.
Jana Gundy
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful new series

I love Addison Moore and her books, so I knew this new series was going to be a hit and I was right! Bizzy runs an inn with her best friend, has an arch nemesis and plays back and forth with the new handsome detective. The characters were all great, her family is hilarious and I love that we get the thoughts of the animals.
CONNIE BALTHROP
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the fact that she can talk to animals. I'm already hooked on the series. ...more
Dallass
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Fish and Sherlock Bones to the rescue

This was a lot of fun. Bizzy’s ability was quirky and added a touch of humour to some situations. The murder was okay. Nothing terribly interesting, thankfully the characters made up for that.

3 stars ⭐️
Darlene Riggs
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Is the ability to read minds a blessing or a curse?

Bringing a twist to a new romantic cozy mystery series. Rescued from the clutches of death by drowning by a handsome stranger. Be still my heart. The story’s heroine, Bizzy Baker, later learns her hero is none other than the new detective in town, Jasper Wilder. An exciting way to begin a new series, wouldn’t you say? Bizzy soon learns the handsome hero/detective is renting one of the cottages she manages. In fact, Jasper has taken up residence
Ferne
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cuteness personified from cover-to-cover! My attention was first captivated by the title, "Kittyzen's Arrest" and then the two (2) cuties on the cover. I quickly learned that the kitten is a 4-month-old black and white long-haired tabby. The kitten was named Fish by Elizabeth (better known as Bizzy) Baker after being found out behind Bizzy's sister's shop soap and candle shop named Lather and Light. Bizzy and Fish live in Cider Cove, Maine where Bizzy is the manager of the Country Cottage Inn. B ...more
Sue
May 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
This could have been a much better story if the main character's behavior hadn't been way beyond annoying. In most cozy mysteries the main character gets involved with helping solve a murder because either she is a suspect or law enforcement is incompetent, or a combination of both. There was no real explanation or reason for her interference with the police investigation into her employee's murder. She withheld evidence and deliberately tried to get to witnesses ahead of the detective. Her psyc ...more
Michele
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the cutest cozy mysteries I've read in a while! I just love that Bizzy is able to hear other peoples and animals thoughts--most of the time anyway. Some of the things she hears----oh my---the animals have much nicer thoughts!

A hunk of a detective walks into her life--this gets somewhat funny until Bizzy happens upon a murder--then the thoughts fly!! Now this detective has a dog--Bizzy has a kitten. These two are hilarious together--

I laughed out loud a lot and bought the second in
L Bongiorno
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: psychic, action
I thought the heroine was way too immature for having this gift. She is jumping into danger, ignoring professionals and lying all the time.
I am not sure why she is being so mean to the detective either and then kissing him the next time she sees him. Nor do I understand his attraction to her.... She didn't say thanks for saving her and ruining his clothes - either time, her walking out without paying for her meal.... Etc. Etc.
She is kinda of a rude Bi*@#.
Might end up as a ok intro to the series.
Cheri Schaefer
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A total attention grabber!!

What I prize most in a book is if it grabs my
attention right from the very first paragraph.
This book didn't disappoint and held me
all the way to the end. Great way to start a
series! It had fantastic characters and the
story line was extremely interesting with some
great twists and turns. Love the kitten, Fish, and
Sherlock, the dog. This series is now definitely
on my reading list.
Nikki Brown
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had read this before but some time ago, since I've now got a Kindle Unlimited Subscription I decided to read the series so read the 1st book again.

A cozy mystery series set in Cider Cove at the Country Cottage Inn. The main character, Bizzy Baker is the manager with a 'gift', she can read minds, human and animal. Along with her cat, Fish, she gets drawn into a murder investigation when she finds an employee of the Inn dead.

Easy to read cozy mysteries which are laugh our loud funny in places, e
Carolyn G. Manuel
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Cat, A Dog and A Mind Reading Hotel Manager

Bizzy Baker got the “gift” of reading minds when a girl “helped” her bob for apples by trying to drown her in the whiskey barrel. She can not only read most human minds and those of animals. She has a cat named Fish who hates water as much as she does. When she stumbles over the body of one of her employees the new detective in town who catches the eye of every woman in town. A cozy mystery and romance.
Pam
Jun 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Only finished 30%. The lead character could read minds - which she did constantly. It was like listening to 2 or more conversations at the same time and was extremely annoying.

And the same old plot - female lead with paranormal abilities ignores law enforcement (of course a gorgeous guy) to continue her own investigation into a murder. I wish authors would find a new plot device.
Kiyomi
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I read this actually based on several reviews. Since I like romance novels, I figured the sexual innuendos would be fine. And they were, but Bizzy was rude and seemed very full of herself. I loved her grandma, Sherlock Bones, and Fish. They really made the story. If it wasn't for them, I probably would not have finished it. ...more
Patricia A Spring
May 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Murder mystery

The story was cute and interesting but is in the same outline as several others. Heroine is attracted to detective (cop, etc) but can't help getting involved in the case against the request of hero, she's stupidly stubborn, thinks she's better than the detective at his job, but he loves her anyway because she's cute and fiesty
Huldie
Aug 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
Ridiculous

In the first chapter, Buzzy almost drowns. The man who rescues her is attractive and she behaves like a teenager who has never seen a man before. She is surrounded by absurd people. I REALLY disliked the book.
hugh burris
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a good book.

Buzzy is an interesting character who can read minds & manages the Cozy Inn. She meets this handsome detective who comes to investigate the murder of one of her employees & the story takes off from there. I'll be checking book two out soon.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Horror-Ween (Krewe of Hunters #29.6)
  • With Killer Views (Flamingo Realty Mystery #6)
  • Deadly Visions (PsyChick #1)
  • Lucky and the Axed Accountant (The Carriage House Capers #2)
  • Purrfect Betrayal (The Mysteries of Max #11)
  • Tea Shop Cozy Mysteries - Books 1-6
  • Meddlesome Money (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #13)
  • Witches & Words (Library Witch Mystery #4)
  • The Haunted Wedding (A Lin Coffin Mystery #12)
  • Bargain Haunter (Haunted Everly After #2)
  • Gun in the Gardenias (Lovely Lethal Gardens #7)
  • Snowmen in Paradise (Tj Jensen Mystery #2)
  • Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)
  • Secrets By The Sea (Haunting by the Sea #2)
  • The Catsgiving Feast (Whales and Tails Cozy Mystery, #17)
  • The Cat of Christmas Past (Whales and Tails Mystery #6)
  • Wicked Harvest (Dewberry Farm #6)
  • Chartreux Shock (Marjorie's Cozy Kitten Cafe #2)
See top shelves…
Subscribe to Addison's newsletter! http://www.addisonmoore.com/subscribe/
Addison Moore is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of cozy mysteries and romance. Her new book MIDLIFE IN GLIMMERSPELL is NOW available! Read today!
Cosmopolitan Magazine calls Addison's books, "...easy, frothy fun!"
Humor with a side of homicide.

Amazon-> http://bit.ly/KeyLimePiePerjury
K

Country Cottage Mysteries (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Dog Days of Murder (Country Cottage Mysteries #2)
  • Santa Claws Calamity (Country Cottage Mysteries #3)
  • Bow Wow Big House (Country Cottage Mysteries #4)
  • Murder Bites (Country Cottage Mysteries #5)
  • Felines and Fatalities (Country Cottage Mysteries #6)
  • A Killer Tail (Country Cottage Mysteries #7)
  • Cat Scratch Cleaver (Country Cottage Mysteries #8)
  • Just Buried (Country Cottage Mysteries #9)
  • Butchered After Bark (Country Cottage Mysteries #10)
  • A Frightening Fangs-giving (Country Cottage Mysteries #11)