Start by marking “The Dare (Briar U, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Dare (Briar U, #4)

The Dare

(Briar U #4)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  14,282 ratings  ·  1,505 reviews
College was supposed to be my chance to get over my ugly-duckling complex and spread my wings. Instead, I wound up in a sorority full of mean girls. I already have a hard time fitting in, so when my Kappa Chi sisters issue the challenge, I can’t say no.

The dare: seduce the hottest new hockey player in the junior class.

Conor Edwards is a regular at Greek Row parties…and in
Published June 16th 2020 by Elle Kennedy Inc.

·  14,282 ratings  ·  1,505 reviews

Start your review of The Dare (Briar U, #4)
Geri Reads
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars!

I went into this book prepared to love it. Why? Well for one, the blurb promised a heroine with "an ugly duckling complex" + a popular jock hero + fake relationship = pure NA romance catnip.

Unfortunately, this book didn't deliver the kind of romance that I would associate with Elle Kennedy.

There are things that I still liked. I mean, I genuinely liked Conor. And the way his story unfolded was satisfying. Not my favorite EK hero but I liked him a lot.

The chemistry between the main char
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I really wish goodreads gave us the .5 star option, because I keep waffling between 3 and 4! So The Dare is a 3.5 star read. It’s not quite a new favorite Elle Kennedy book for me, but still fun and enjoyable for the most part. I always love being back at Briar U and with the hockey team. I’ve loved Conor’s character since he was first introduced in the series, and he turned out to be an absolute sweetheart of a hero. I didn’t realize before going into this it would have the fake dating trope, b ...more
EmBibliophile
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok

When the miscommunication trope is used not once but Twice in one book, that’s when you know that there’s some level of stupidity between the characters! Never in my life have I seen something like that!

Imagine this; Boy does something dumb. Miscommunication occurs. Results in some conflict. Everything is back to being okay. Girl does the exact dumb thing that the boy did even though she was mad that he acted that way. Does that makes sense to you? probably not. Trust me it’s not me it’
Christy
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

IMG_7213

Elle Kennedy writes some of the best new adult books. I've enjoyed this Briar U series and I'm sad to see it come to an end, but The Dare was a great finale!

Conor is newish to the Briar U hockey team as a transfer student from California but he's gotten around during the short time he's been here. Still, he's a really sweet and easy-going guy you can't help but to love. Taylor is in a sorority and here comes the dare... she is dared to hook-up with Conor from some of her mean girl s
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540 mbvg

'THE DARE:' Is a full length slow burn, friends-to-lovers trope by Elle Kennedy.

This author is the Queen when it comes to giving us our sports fixes and the hot hockey players she introduces us to in her stories are ones that we all fall in love with and swoon over years later. And hockey playboy Conor was no exception. He was dropping swoon worthy bombs all over the place.

When a few catty sorority sisters on Greek Row, throw out a dare during one of their parties for Taylor to seduce
CristiinaReads❀
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
An unexpected fake relationship trope romance in which will have your heart melting and wanting so much more...

I mean, where do I start? Do I start with the fact that Elle Kennedy is a queen of sports romance? Or simply just straight up admit that her characters are one of a kind and will always have your heart in knots of loving them? Taylor and Conor are just... UGHHH! SO FREAKING GOOD TOGETHER! I actually love them! Especially Conor, he is one drool worthy of a man. Seriously ya'll, he is
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
2.75 Stars

Is this a joke?

One day I woke up and it was like two massive tumors just erupted on my chest. — Taylor

Cause it ain’t funny. I don’t appreciate the simile. I know it comes from a place of insecurity and Taylor is being self depricating because she doesn’t like her enermous bosoms and curves, but comparing them to tumors . . . is just NOPE.

It doesn’t help that she beat herself up all the time. Idk why EK chose to explore the plus size rep this way, but I think it’s seriously whacked. Ins
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
Yup, hungering for Conor Edwards is very, very bad. Because he’s exactly the kind of man who will break my heart. Even if he doesn’t mean to.

I'm like a kid at a candy store when it comes to Elle Kennedy books. Every time she releases a new one, I do a happy squeal and a dance around the room. I just can't help myself. Her books are my happy place.

Now don't pay much mind to my rating. Because a 3.5 star for me means that I enjoyed it. Quite a bit actually. This was a super cu
Kim
After a while a few things started to annoy me and near the end one of those things made me want to DNF in the last 10% of the book.

This is obviously not a favorite.

—————————

I am really happy this book has been written, but...

Am I the only one who is a little annoyed that the cover doesn’t exactly match the rest of the series? I absolutely love the covers of the first 3, but this one...

Aside from that, YAS. NEW BOOK.
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
I shed a fucking tear because I thought this series ended, but we've been BLESSED! ...more
Jen
I really enjoyed this book. It took me a week to read only because I had surgery and have been recovering. It was a good escape when I needed it though!
Bee
4-4.5 STARS

It’s official y’all, this is my favorite book in the Briar U series.

“Everyone comes from somewhere, Conor. We’ve all screwed up, made mistakes.” Her tone is soft, but ringing with conviction. “I don’t care who you were before. Only who you choose to be now.”

Conor Fucking Edwards. My sweetest, softest boy. I love him so much, people. He is literally the type of character that makes you grin like an idiot, produces butterflies in your tummy (and other places) and makes you just fee
Jessica
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
YES. YES. YES. This is what I want from Elle Kennedy. I enjoyed getting a glimpse of Conor's character in The Play, but I was worried about having yet another playboy hockey player hero. We've gotten that so much throughout this series and the Off-Campus series, so I wasn't sure how much I would like Conor's character. Good thing I ended up loving him!

From the start, I loved our two main characters. Conor likes to get around and enjoy the company of women, but he doesn't like it when he's object
Katerina
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Probably my favorite Briar U installment!
“I dare you to seduce Conor Edwards.”

A dare that results in a fake relationship? ✔
Sorority drama? ✔
Briar U hockey team? ✔
A surfer-boy who looks like a sexy Viking conqueror but has a heart of gold? ✔
Otherworldly chemistry? ✔
Laugh-out-loud moments? ✔
Do I even have to say it?

I’ll never get tired of Elle Kennedy’s hockey romances *insert heart-eyes*. While she stays true to her recipe for
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Title: ➳ ❤ The Dare
Series ➳ Briar U 4#
Author: ➳ Elle Kennedy
Published June 16th 2020
💖💖💖

👄 I am a huge fan of Elle Kennedy's books , even though I’m not huge sports fan. but this author just knows how to draw you into her characters, I love how this author knows how to get you to laugh out loud …..come on Elle Kennedy wrote (Off-Campus series) now the (Briar U Series)

Now I must be completely honest I’ve been waiting & praying that Conor would get his book since he was introduced in (The Play)… And
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

GENRE: NA, Sports Romance
RATING: 4.5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

What I love most about Elle Kennedy's books is that she always packs issues into her books that most people can relate to, even if you currently don't or never have experienced them. They are still close to life. In THE DARE we meet a new female character, Taylor, who has been insecure about her curvy body since she was a ki
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4,5-5 STARS

Loved it, so so good!It's a long time since I finished a book in one siting!I had a smile on my face for most of the time with these two!I adored Conor and Taylor so much!They were cute,sweet,fun and sexy!

description

They were so perfect for each other,I could speak for them for hours.They make me swoon and I was melting !I fall in love with Conor from the first pages and I felt connected with Taylor and I could feel her!

This is a heartwarming story and one of my favorite in this series!I highl
Wendys Wycked Words

I am a huge fan of Elle Kennedy's "sport-themed" series and books. I mean she did co-write my absolute favorite book "Him" and the absolutely awesome "Off-Campus" series, which I re-read all the time.

Of course, I have also read all the other books in this series, and even though this one can be read as a stand-alone... I would recommend reading all of them since they are all pretty awesome.

read them all gif - Google Zoeken

Now while I loved this one a lot, I have to be honest and admit that shy heroines with low self-esteem ar
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, shelly, ratula
Gah!!! Elle Kennedy has done it again!! I am so overwhelmed with love for the Briar U series. The humor and romances are fantastic and the bromances just take the cake. There is something almost magical about this series that I rarely see. But after reading (Read: inhaling) The Dare I feel like Elle Kennedy might have just saved the best for last. Ok I take it back. I KNOW she saved the best for last. I died for Jake and Brenna but Conor and Taylor were next level for me!! The Dare completely ...more
Phuong ✯

I didn't want to leave a review, cause I'm not going to say anything new that someone else hasn't already said, but ranting is therapeutic... so here we go:

"Taylor's body is a thousand times more appealing to me than, say, Abigail's scrawny one. Women are supposed to be soft and curvy and squeezable. I'm not sure when they were brainwashed into thinking otherwise." first of all, we have the year 2020 can we stop saying how women are "suppose" to be. second, stop trying to lift someo
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

6CE4FD83_FDA3_4BAD_AD43_40606D67CA21

Taylor Marsh lives in Hastings, a college town in Massachusetts where she's a junior at Briar University. She's studying to be a teacher, and also getting the full college experience by joining a sorority. She's reinvented herself with a total life makeover trying to shed her ugly duckling complex. This was her chance to finally be part of the in crowd, but with a house full of mean girls it's often a challenge. When she's given a dare to seduce a gorgeous h
Malene
**3.5 Stars**
I’ve been waiting and hoping that Conor would get his book since he was introduced in The Play. So I was very happy and excited when his book was announced. So my expectations were definitely high.
Did I love The Dare? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes but I had my issues with it. Unfortunately.

First I absolutely adored Conor. It was easy to be back with him. He’s such a good laidback guy and so much fun. He and his roommates were hilarious. They teased each other but it was all in good spirit
Carmen Rae
I adore Elle Kennedy's writing and her Briar U series has been on point. I have loved them all and I had all these good intentions of doing a re-read of the previous books before I started this one. But sadly time got away from me and As soon as this landed on my kindle my self control joined my time management and went surfing.

The meeting between these two was great, I couldn't help but giggle at Taylor's introduction. She was such a perfect new adult character. I loved everything about her. Bu
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****

I loved Conor and understood Taylor's insecurities.
Enjoyed the book but think the author should have removed the drama with Taylor at the end.
We had just gone through Conor's ordeal and then to throw some additional angst for Taylor seemed unnecessary.
♡ jules ♡
Definitely the weakest in the series, which saddens me. I really liked Conor in The Play, so I hoped to like his book much more than I did. The chemistry was good, I appreciated their dynamic and the fake dating part was well executed. But overall the plot was really weak and didn't intrigue me much. I really dislike miscommunication or not communication at all, and instead of dealing with things together and talking, they kept breaking up, which was tiring. Okay one time, but doing more than th ...more
maura delaney
Update: 6/16/20
I may or may not have stayed up until 3:30 reading this book and then immediately finished it when I woke up. Ugh I just have so much love in my heart for this series that there is no way I could write an objective and articulate review. I'm so upset that this series is ending, but I cannot wait to read whatever Elle Kennedy writes next. I am now going to go wallow over the fact that it's over.

Update: 6/2/20
If June 16th could just come a little quicker, that'd be great. I swear t
Ivy Deluca
description
The latest entry in Ms. Kennedy's Briar U series mixes typical new adult antics with some topical issues and comes up with a mixed bag for me. Conor Edwards, or Conor Fucking Edwards is the latest Briar hockey player who finds his HFN with Taylor, a sorority girl who's working towards her elementary teaching degree. They're both at a Kappa party when Taylor's mean girl sorority sister decides to play Dare or Dare, their version of social torture. Abigail dares Taylor to hook up with Conor, and T
Antonella
so here we are at the end of another hockey series..
in summary, I have to say that all books after The Deal tried it but couldn't compete, I just love that book so so much... but some were fun dive into sport New adult romance with some great, interesting & entertaining characters..

I enjoyed this book plenty, Connor is an amazing lead, the storyline flows & reads fast...
but unpacking it a bit there are some things to point out...

wrap of all the storylines wasn't very well done..and then is that
naz
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
“Getting a good look at her, she’s got a cute face. Not a drop-dead stunner like Demi, but nice. Her body, though. Fuck me. She’s like a walking pinup girl.”

What the FUCK? First of all, why are we still comparing looks? What does this accomplish? Her face is nice???? Nice??? Are you fucking kidding me? Essentially he said that it's fine her face is nice because her body is incredible so who cares. What kind of compliment is this? 5% into this book and i was already fed up but that’s not say
Seline
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
SKIMMED!

Only for the first 10 chapters though because they were kinda entertaining but then I got bored. Same old collage romance book nothing new here.
I wish I liked this more but you know it is what it is.

• Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)
  • California Dreamin'
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Every Little Promise  (Orchid Valley #0.5)
  • Regrets (The Sterlings #1)
  • Tempt Me (The Wolf Hotel #1)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Break Me (The Wolf Hotel #2)
  • Royal Bully (Mafia Royals, #0.5)
  • Rampage (Out for Justice #3)
  • Rule: The Finale (Black Hearts Still Beat Book 3)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Axios: A Spartan Tale
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
  • Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)
  • Sea of Ruin (Sea of Ruin, #1)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles, #4)
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just

Briar U (4 books)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)