Start by marking “The Girl Who Loved Ghosts” as Want to Read:
The Girl Who Loved Ghosts

The Girl Who Loved Ghosts

(The Unbelievables #3)

She’d do anything to save her friends and family. But will that mean sacrificing the ghosts she’s grown to love?

Kat is trying to settle back into her senior year at McTernan Academy, but destiny keeps getting in the way of schoolwork and friendships. Continuing her magical training means abandoning her best friend, until an attack by a mysterious entity on campus proves t
Published September 16th 2019 by Beckett Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Who Loved Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl Who Loved Ghosts

Start your review of The Girl Who Loved Ghosts
Schizanthus Nerd
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magic! Gargoyles! A spell library! Wraiths! Time travel! A 1,000 page compendium of unbelievables that I need to read urgently! Breakfast! This is such a fun series!

Kat has already faced spells, curses and unbelievables, and risked her life by travelling to the past to retrieve invaluable items. Now she needs to attempt to find the Mallory amulet, which has been missing for over two centuries. This will likely be more dangerous than any of her previous missions to the past and it doesn’t help th
Dianne
As if her senior year wasn’t stressful enough, Kat has had to keep secrets and distance herself from her best friend, even if only to keep her safe. But has that become a false sense of security? Is it possible that Kat will have to bring those she loves most to the safety of Dumbarton? Will she have to share her secrets or has she not kept them buried as deeply as she thought?

Struggling to learn all she can to prepare her for her destiny, Kat finds that the teen/parent relationship with her fat
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
Possible spoilers from the first two books in review.

This is such a cool series that doesn't get enough attention.  While book one is my favorite so far, this one was very close.

Kat and Evan spend most of their weekends training.  This has caused a huge issue between Morgan and Kat.  Morgan wants to know what is going on, but Kat doesn't want to risk her life by telling her.  Evan and Seth are going through something similar, but not as intense since Seth is more laid back.  Seth's cousin is now
Dana
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in this young adult paranormal romance series. Once again, it is up to Kat to use her skill of traveling into the past to save her family and the other three families that are entwined with hers. Her feelings for Evan grow stronger though he seems uninterested in her due to the presence of his friend's cousin. The story is a fun read and leaves the reader waiting for the next book in the series. ...more
Kristina
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Girl Who Loved Ghosts by K.C. Tansley is a young adult novel (that adults will enjoy too) that is part of The Unbelievables series, and they do need to read in order. Each book builds upon what happened in the previous one. Kat is the Langley heir whose special gift ties to the past unlike her other relatives. This allows her to travel back in time to retrieve each of the lost amulets. Kat and Evan only have the Mallory amulet left to recover and they will have to go back further than they h ...more
Alicia (aka Rozzie) Chamberlain
First I want to thank K.C. Tansley for giving me an advanced reader copy for reviewing purposes. I really appreciate the opportunity to continue reading the series.

Don't let the title fool you into thinking this is the book where Kat finds her love or that it is all hearts and roses. No, this book isn't about that at all. This book is about much more than Kat loving a ghost or anyone for that matter. This book has so much sadness and loneliness in it.

At the start of this book Kat has feelings fo
Ruth
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book in return for an honest review. I have no connections to the author or publisher other than as a book reviewer. Many thanks to the author and the publisher for this opportunity.

I discovered K. C. Tansley’s books when I was in a reading slump and they were just what I needed. Light reading with a healthy dollop of supernatural. The Girl Who Loved Ghosts is the third book in an ongoing series. You probably need to read the first two, to fully understand what is
Ariane
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
|| I received an ARC from the author and Beckett Publishing Group, LLC in exchange for an honest review. ||

When Kourtney emailed me the link to download this book, I couldn't wait to start reading it. But, alas, it took me weeks to finish this due to work, har.

It's been 2 years since I read the second book, so I couldn't remember much what happened and didn't have time to reread it. But I was thankful Kat was nice enough to summarize about the four families and the Dark One.

Kat is back as a seni
M.  [storme reads a lot]
I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The third book in a series is definitely an odd place to start reading a series. It was my fault though because the post stated third book and still I signed up... so that’s how smart I can be sometimes. At first, I wasn’t not loving this book. I almost had a DNF with this tome, but I ended up drastically changing my mind...

Since this is third book, I’m going to avoid talking about what’s go
Melissa
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: supernatural, ya
I’ve been reading The Unbelievables series since the beginning, and it’s been a pleasure watching Kat grow up, just as it’s been a pleasure seeing K.C. Tansley’s writing get deeper and more evocative with every novel. Part of that, of course, is that her main character is getting older, but part of that is that when you’ve been writing in the same world for a while it becomes more and more real, just as it does when you’ve been reading it for a while.

At this point, I feel like Kat and her roomma
Jackie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kat seems to love ghosts. She definitely doesn’t want to choose between family and friends. Will things work out. Couldn’t stop reading until I found out. Won this fabulous book and reviewed because I enjoyed it very much. Don’t miss out once it’s released.
Wendy
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally, after waiting to long years, we get to read on about Kat's journeys to the past. Because after The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts and The Girl Who Saved Ghosts, this time the journey of Kat and Evan is to the past to retrieve the Mallory amulet, which has been lost over two hundred years ago. However, Kat feels abandoned lately. Her ghost aunt Toria has gone awol, because she the need to take some time off (in the afterlife...), her father is always away chasing dark creatures (especially the ...more
Denise
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time in reading this author with the story getting my attention. I do so love a good ghost story like most do. This is also a YA giving it a freshness I did not realize I needed until I started this.
First comes the lure of the mystery that grabs us. Kat and Evan it seems are not your usual students which picked my curiosity. The adventure in this does it justice slowly wrapping us into this world. You are faced with danger also that will come with us trying to get clues as we
Kelly
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
KC Tansley does it again! She picks up where she left off in The Girl Who Saved Ghosts.
I love how she can pull you into her books with her well developed characters and storyline. As I read I can’t stop turning the pages wanting to know what happens next.
You definitely should read her first two books to meet the characters and follow on their journey together.
I can not wait for the next book because as usual she leaves you wanting more at the end.
I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this b
Gurusha
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an ARC for this book from K.C.Tansley and am very thankful for that! This book is an absolute gem! Being the third book in the Unbelievables series, it still has all the heat and adventure. The paranormal and time travel elements are absolutely amazing and the action scenes are very well written and hit me with an adrenaline rush! It is so difficult to put the book down! I've always loved Kat and Evan since I first began reading the series, but this book made me feel that I've become ...more
Tracey
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is the third story in “The Unbelievables” by K. C. Tansley.
Kat is once again trying to settle back into her senior year at McTernan Academy, but she is not safe when attacked by a mysterious entity on campus, proves they need to move to the ancestral home of the Langley family.
Kats normal life is starting to slip further away and she has to face the terrible cost of what time travel brings.
This story is fun and le
Pernette
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Girl Who Loved Ghosts by K.C. Tansley is book 3 of The Unbelievables. Kat is continuing her magical training while trying to complete her senior year of high school. She with the help of her friends and family must try to reunite the four families while studying for final exams. I found the fantasy theme reminiscent of the Harry Potter books. At times it was hard to keep up with who was who but overall it was a good read. Would recommend for those who like fantasy and magic.
Bev
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Another fantastic addition to this wonderful series. Kat and Evan are together once again in life or death situations. The dark one is getting closer, but now there are other enemies as well. Brilliant story and where on earth is the next one.

Mikayla
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This amazing series just keeps getting better and better. You feel like you are going on this journey with Kat, Evan and their friends and allies.
Zamiya
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hey Mrs. Tansley . Its me Zamiya, my mom was one of your students. Do you by any chance have a copy of this book I could have because I really need to read the third book .
Liv
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jodi Sweet
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much action! So much love and heartache! So many losses and victories! I fell like my head is spinning with all that is going on and all that still needs to happen. This series is awesome!
Diane
Nov 11, 2019
Kathryn
Sep 20, 2019
Aksira Buraq
rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2020
Jul 07, 2019
Emily Ross
Jul 23, 2019
K.C. Tansley
Jul 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Christina
Jul 31, 2019
ladymurmur
Aug 10, 2019
Charli
Sep 11, 2019

• No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • A Gaggle of Ghastly Grandmamas (Wonky Inn #9)
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Call Her Mine (Harmony Pointe, #1)
  • The Last Orphan
  • Murder in the Painted Lady (Peyton Brooks' Mystery #0.5)
  • Banished Threads (Threads #3)
  • One Child in Berlin
  • Vestige Rise of the Pureblood (Vestige Saga, #1)
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Sword and the Dragon (The Wardstone Trilogy, #1)
  • Wishful Thinking (How to Be the Best Damn Faery Godmother in the World or Die Trying, #1)
  • The Things She's Seen
  • Now Entering Addamsville
  • Second Chances
K.C Tansley lives with her warrior lapdog, Emerson, and two quirky golden retrievers on a hill somewhere in Connecticut. She tends to believe in the unbelievables—spells, ghosts, time travel—and writes about them.

Never one to say no to a road trip, she’s climbed the Great Wall twice, hopped on the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg, and danced the night away in the dunes of Cape Hatteras. She loves

The Unbelievables (3 books)
  • The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts (The Unbelievables, #1)
  • The Girl Who Saved Ghosts (The Unbelievables, #2)

News & Interviews