Start by marking “Family Instructions Upon Release” as Want to Read:
Family Instructions Upon Release

Family Instructions Upon Release

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"I have no words."

This is so often our response to grief and loss, when dealing with it ourselves or  consoling others. Elizabeth’s father took his own life in 2012. Unable to find words of her own to write about what had happened, Elizabeth took them instead from the 2006 Penguin Classics edition of 'Twelve Angry Men', a play she and her father attended together when Eliz
Published November 22nd 2019 by The Cuba Press

To ask other readers questions about Family Instructions Upon Release, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Instructions Upon Release

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Family Instructions Upon Release
Annabel Bird
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very beautifully and cleverly written poetry with a narrative which was surprisingly easy to follow. Emotionally gripping, I read it from front to back. I am excited to loan out my own copy and buy this treasure as gifts for friends.
Simon Sweetman
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A masterpiece really. I loved the emotion in these poems and the cleverness - the academic-minded approach to building them. Not often you get the connection to two disparate feels and approaches. But it's there on every page in this collection. Amazing. Wow!
Susan McCloy
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This special poetry book is a piece of art. It's highly affecting personal story is both accessible and actually gripping. I have read it through twice and passed on to my daughters. The subject matter although difficult is very much needed to be discussed. Highly recommended make sure you have the tissues handy.
Amy Williams
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is poetry that carries the rythm of a story from start to finish, told through a series of poems each with their own pace. It's a gripping account of the author's own experience and is easily read in one sitting. Thoughtful and provoking, it left me feeling enriched and I highly recommend this book to both new and seasoned readers of poetry.
Sophie Lewis
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this book cover to cover in one sitting. It is poignant and each word is both painful as well as beautiful to the reader in it's arrangement on the page. I highly recommend this timely book of poetry which will sadly be relevant to so many living in New Zealand.
Fiona Sussman
Apr 13, 2020
Maria
marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2020

• This is your real name
  • The Mile End Murder
  • Under the Skin
  • The Inklings: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams, and Their Friends
  • The Wind in the Willows
  • Illness
  • Dandelion Wine (Green Town, #1)
  • The Abundance: Narrative Essays Old and New
  • Dream Fish Floating
  • How to Watch a Bird
  • Creativity: Flow and the Psychology of Discovery and Invention
  • If The World Were Upside Down
  • Bellevue: Three Centuries of Medicine and Mayhem at America's Most Storied Hospital

News & Interviews