Start by marking “The Determined Hero (Lost Planet #7)” as Want to Read:
The Determined Hero (Lost Planet #7)

The Determined Hero

(Lost Planet #7)

Our world is dangerous and destroyed by our ancestors.
We’re a bunch of hulking, broody mortarekkers left on this wretched planet, and it’d be enough to frighten any alien female upon waking to see our ugly nogs.

But my mate isn’t frightened.
The moment she wakes, I claim her.
How could I not when she’s the bravest and most beautiful female to ever walk this earth?

Surprisingly
Published April 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Determined Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Determined Hero

Start your review of The Determined Hero (Lost Planet #7)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Everyone is on pawns and noodles as Molly says. Or is it nins and peedles?

This may just be the sweetest and easiest read out of the bunch! Many of you have realized how truly obsessed I am with this Lost Planet series. Watching each and every mort find their happily ever after has been such an amazing journey. Each time I think it will be smooth sailing, the authors throw me for a loop and I'm loving it!! And while Oz didn't have to fight hard to win the affections of his mate, their story w
Elsa Carrion
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The insta love is right down my alley, not all insta love works but in this story it did and it can really happen. Don't be insta love hater, you never know it might happen to you.

He never gave up on her while she was asleep, love grew out of that situation, he was determined that she would wake up and prayed she pick him! There are a lot of twists and I can't wait till #8 comes out.

I need Webster to hurry and get the next one into my grubby hands!
Stephanie
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it
this was probably my least favorite but the epilogue was great and i’m really looking forward to the next installment.
Badh
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Morts, and the overall storyline is just getting better and better. So many Kevins to have to get rid of.

I really liked Oz, and how he was talking to his Whisper, well before she was awake. It was really sweet. I think that it probably helped her too. Quinn knew what she wanted, and she really took good care of Oz when he needed it. I think that he got really focused and would just keep going without Quinn to help balance him out.

Great book, wonderful series, and I can't wait for th
Paranormal Kiss
Disapointing ending. It ends right when we get to the event that the whole book has been leading up to. So basically, build up, build up, the end. Then the epilogue is a step back in time to when two characters first meet in person, so a set up for the next book.
Michelle
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a lot slower for me. I wish Quinn & Oz had more time together. I felt it was bits and pieces with them because Oz had to built something to save them all from the Kevins ( bad guys).

I felt the chemistry right away better Oz and Quinn. Oz felt really connected to Quinn. He’s been talking to her ever since he brought all the women back to their home.

Quinn played it safe. She need to make sure no one was going to hurt her. So she pretended to be asleep. While doing that... she got to
Kahea
***5 Stars***

Ya know. I was never really into SciFi of any kind as a reader, I was never really drawn to it, but in the last few years I’ve jumped in feet first to a couplefew series and have gotten absolutely lost in the world the author/authors created and this series is definitely one of them. I love the characters, the world building and how each book expands on all that is going on that keeps me not only turning the pages, but wanting more when there are no more words to read.

I adored Q
SCBookAddict
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fast paced story that counts down the days until the Kevins come to destroy the Morts and their alien women.

Oz is tasked to build something to destroy the Kevins out of the sky and while he's working, he talks to the last remaining alien woman from the stolen pods. She's the only one that hasn't woken up. He calls her Whisper.

One day he asks her a question as normal only this time she answers.

From the start of the story to the end is a span of two weeks. Everyone is relying on Oz a
Cheryl
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Determined Hero Oz

Oz is one Determined Hero who will stop at nothing to save his friends and mate Whisper (Quinn).

Quinn is a Librarian and loves any information and facts she can get her hands on. She has a love of spiders and ends up with a pet. Almost reminds me of Charlotte's web.

Ugh! What a cliffy, now to wait to find out what happens with the Kevins.
Fly FreeBird
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Boring💤
Nomims
Nov 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal

Very sugary sweet. It was interesting to have a heroine taking all this craziness like it's normal ^^
The cliffhanger at the end was not cool though especially if the next book don't treat it ! We'll see...
RLoves2Read
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another awesome addition to The Lost Planet Series! Oz and Whisper’s story was was sweet insta-love! Oz is kind and determined to develop the weapon that will save their planet from an attack. I have loved all the Morts in this series and can’t wait to read the next book that K Webster and Nicole Blanchard gives us!
Georgina Parkin
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it

This is Book #7 in the Lost Planet Series. It is Ozias aka Oz and Quinn's love story. We continue the fight of the Mortuus' lives, their human mates (not all of them have mates), and children against the Kevins.

This book was a little more fast-paced than the other ones. I felt like I blinked and it was over, leaving us with a big cliffhanger. Oz and Quinn's relationship developed quickly. I would say it was insta-love even though Quinn couldn't see him initially because she didn't have
Amber
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Determined Hero has such an exciting and breathtaking element to it's pulse-pounding plot. The natural flow is wonderfully organic and a beautiful sight to behold. What a delight to become a spectator into the coupling of yet another of our incredible morts. I consider each journey to be a wonderful experience to savor and cherish! Each life is precious, and when two hearts come together, they become something so much bigger then they ever thought possible.

Oz was one mort that kept to himsel
Kelly
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's Oz's turn to claim his special lady friend and I liiiikkkkke how Quinn was all in pretty much from the beginning. It probably helped that she was given a little more time to acclimate to her new situation than the others and that Oz's pretty much constant presence when she was in her coma practically had him imprinting on her before she ever woke up. Regardless, I liked it. I liked that she gave herself time to think and work through what was going on and when she did join the group she was ...more
We like it big book blog
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it

Gladys
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was another absolutely amazing entry in this wonderful alien/sci-fi romance series. While I think you could just grab any one of these books and enjoy it, I recommend that you start at book one and read through. There is an overarching story that is unfolding during this series and if you just jump in or around you will feel confused, like you are missing something or even worse you will suffer from exposure to spoilers and no one wants that!! LOL This book features Oz and Quinn's romance. ...more
Renee
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book form the publisher/author to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Our world is dangerous and destroyed by our ancestors. We're a bunch of hulking, broody mortaekkers left on this wretched planet, and it'd be enough to frighten any alien female upon waking to see our ugly nogs. But my mate isn't frightened. The moment she wakes, I claim her. How could I not when she's the bravest and most beautiful female to ever walk this earth? Surprisingly, she's excited for this
Amanda
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At this point in the series, I'd do just about anything to get to go to Mortuus. Each time the next book in the series is announced, I do a ridiculous happy dance cause I get more of my favorite aliens/Morts. I'm not sure what I will do when this series is over... I'll probably re-read them ALL again start to finish. I truly am obsessed with this series.

Quinn "Whisper" and Oz are an insta-love connection, and I enjoy the change up. Instead of having to start the drama at the beginning, this bib
R Rais
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Courtney
The Determined Hero

Received ARC from Author for Honest Review.
I Give this Book a 3.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 3.

HEA(?): Essentially, Yes :)
Romance: 3/5, It’s super fast so I’d list it as Insta-Love.
Heat: 3/5, Wasn’t really a main focus in the book, not that that’s a bad thing :)
Drama & Suspense: 4.5/5

While it’s a good & enjoyable read, as well a necessary one :)
I gotta say I wasn’t a fan of the beginning, I guess I’m a sucker for a little bit of a more..dramatic opening chapter or chapters for
MrsHReadsALot
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Uncanny ability to predict the future

Wow!!! This series continues to just blow everything outta the water. They must have researched so many aspects about nuclear ☢️ war and read other sci-fi stories to really make this story so much more than a sci-fi romance. I’m fully immersed into this world of Mortuus. Thinking back on the first installment to now, it’s just really uncanny in how we’re living in the moment. Taking all of these precautions to decontaminate ourselves so we don’t track anythi
Crystal
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great installment in the Lost Planet series.
Each book in this series pulls you in a little deeper into the world of the Morts, their mates, and their mortlings.
This series has it all, suspense, action, steamy times, aliens and Morts falling in love.
This particular story involved Oz and his mate Quinn. Oz has been tasked with building a weapon to save his race. Will he be able to build it in time while also trying to win the heart of the quiet former librarian alien who has entered his
Suzy
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this series. Each story just seems to get better and better. I am totally addicted to them and I can hardly wait for my next fix of them. I find myself devouring each book as it comes and impatiently waiting for the next to come out. The Determined Hero is book seven of the Lost Planet series by K Webster and Nicole Blanchard and like all its predecessors it has an amazing storyline and wonderful characters. I really enjoyed reading Ozias (Oz) and Quinn’s (Whisper) story. Th ...more
Crystal
I wasn't really a fan of this one, perhaps because of the instalove which I'm not really into. But there were other things too. As far as I can remember, compared to the previous books, this one spent a lot of time retelling the main series plot and the other characters stories. While each couple's story is a standalone, there is no way someone could pick up book 7 and start from there, they'd be totally lost. So I felt like all the filling-in was unnecessary. And just a minor thing, b
Nancy VanSpunky Reads
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Ozias, or Oz, is the inventor/tinkerer of the Morts. He's fiercely intelligent. Oz has been talking to the sleeping woman. The one who won't wake up. He calls her Whisper. What he doesn't know is that Quinn has been awake for awhile now taking in the situation. Quinn already has a fondness for Oz. This entire book is the race to build a super weapon to combat against the invaders from Earth II. Each chapter is a countdown. While Oz works hard, he considers Quinn his. She is building a library wh ...more
Avephoenix
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

The Determined Hero is another additon to the phenomenal Lost Planet series. The story is fast paced, and beautifully well-written, and as the previous books, you'll be hooked from page one!

Oz is a loner, and keeps to himself. . His williness to help creating weapons and tools to destroy their enemies is so intense, that he forgets to take care of himself. All he does is talk to the sleeping alien woman from the stolen pods, the one he calls Whisper. What he doesn't know, is that she'
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Well this series just keeps getting better and better! Book 7 in the lost planet series revolves around Ozias “Oz” and Quinn “Whisper” who has just awoken from her deep cryosleep from her pod to find she is on an alien planet with Morts. Can she resist Oz or will this Mort find his mate too? Oz is a sweetheart, “I just want one. I’d bring down all the Kevins in the universe just to have a future with one.” Awwww!! He is building a weapon to destroy the Kevins but will he make it on time? I canno ...more
M
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this newest installment of the Lost Planet series!!! Oz was so awesome- he’s brilliant and one who’s tinkering is probably going to save them. He falls for ‘Whisper’ or Quinn, the girl who didn’t wake in the previous books. There was a bit of a cliffhanger in this book, but not with their story, just with the overarching theme, so now I’m happy n tenterhooks for the next book! I loved Quinn’s quirks, her acceptance and love of the Morts. And her little pet- so sweet! They are by far my fa ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Rogue Captain (Lost Planet #6)
  • The Lonely Orphan (Lost Planet #5)
  • The Uncertain Scientist (Lost Planet #4)
  • Hood River Rat (Hood River Hoodlums, #1)
  • The Mad Lieutenant (Lost Planet, #3)
  • The Vanished Specialist (Lost Planet, #2)
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)
  • Cocksure Ace (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • Madam Temptress (The Magnolia Duet #2)
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • Moonchild (Dark Moon Prison, #1)
  • Little Hoodlum (Hood River Hoodlums, #2)
  • Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5)
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find

Lost Planet (8 books)
  • The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)
  • The Vanished Specialist (Lost Planet, #2)
  • The Mad Lieutenant (Lost Planet, #3)
  • The Uncertain Scientist (Lost Planet #4)
  • The Lonely Orphan (Lost Planet #5)
  • The Rogue Captain (Lost Planet #6)
  • The Arrogant Genius (Lost Planet #8)

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...