Start by marking “Before You” as Want to Read:
Before You

Before You

From USA Today bestselling author Marni Mann comes Before You, a new contemporary romance and a devastating examination of the things we find, the things we make, and the things we lose.

It was supposed to be a typical work trip. New York to San Francisco, window seat, exit row. Maybe a mimosa.

Then, seat 14B sat down. When our eyes met, the flight became anything but routin
Published October 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Before You, please sign up.
Leebecki Whitehead I would say yes without giving anything away, you won't be disappointed …moreI would say yes without giving anything away, you won't be disappointed (less)

Start your review of Before You
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
BEFORE-YOU

'BEFORE YOU' Is a full length, stand-alone romance novel by Author Marni Mann. Spoken in 'Dual POV's..In BEFORE YOU we get FOUR people and TWO stories..

I WAS Literally counting down the days!! And then it hit my kindle!!

This author has been going from strength to strength, bringing me everything I need/want/seek in my books, the mindF#cks, the dark and gritty, she seems to always know what I need before I know myself!! But this book took it up another level yet again, it took me on
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

From the moment I start to read this book it caught me so bad. I literally brainstormed about Jared but until I found out the truth about him I questioned myself whether to love him or to hate him.. And I slowly hesitate to gave 5 stars to this book because I kind of hated that plot twist because I wasn't expecting that truth can be hurt really bad!... (Marni Mann, you're a cruel woman! :-/) And Lord knows just for one second I even thought to give 1 star to this book too... So why I gave 4 sta
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤️5 unique stars❤️

My heart, seriously this book is amazing, all the feelings ! It was addictive, captivating and intense! I fall in love with the story and I just couldn’t get enough of this one! Marni Mann takes the reader to an emotional roller coaster!

description

I fall in love with the story, it touched me in so many ways!It's refreshing,original and unique!You are going to fall in love with this one!I loved the alternative POV made the story intese!

"Some stories had the power to change lives forever
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
4.5 stars! ⭐
Beforezgif-com-video-to-gif-1
This book has two storylines: Honey and Andrew's story, that takes place in the 1980s and Billie and Jared's, in the present. 💘
It was clear from the start that there is a connection between them, but I didn't know what... During the reading I had a lot of ideas (even some really sick ones 😂), but in the end I didn't see it coming... because I was SO wrong!!! 😱

📚 "𝗦𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿.
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗻." 📚

Honey and Andrew met when he
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★

"I desperately wanted that piece of me back."
description

Before You is a beautifully crafted contemporary romance full of passion and complex emotions. Billie Paige is a woman who finds herself emotionally trapped by post-traumatic stress syndrome due to a terrifying plane accident. Her savior, Jared, is someone who seems to calm her fears and the attraction between the two is strong.

description
"The second we kissed, every every fear I'd had was confirmed."
Told in multiple POV (and two different timelin
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191015_130358.png

“Some stories had the power to change lives forever. This story changed an entire town".

Marni Mann, what did you do to me???? Holy emotions!!!! There is nothing that I can put into this review, that will give this book justice. This was timeless. This was heartbreaking in every sense of the word. This was emotionally driven in the best possible way and this right here? Was FANTASTIC!

Told in different pov's, this is the story of finding your soulmate, love, friendships, secrets and heartbre
warhawke
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Dual and Third Person
Rating:

Billie Paige thought getting on Flight 88 was just like another day on her job. The long flight made bearable when a handsome stranger sat beside her. Little did she know that Jared Morgan would change her life in a way she could never imagine.

Before starting this book, I had very little idea what it’s about. But right from the prologue, the story captured my attention to the last page. I loved the diff
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some stories had the power to change lives forever.
I'd say EVERY STORY Marni writes, makes you a better reader, an in depth reader. She changes your perspective, makes you more observant. You discover emotions you never thought you had...
I'd been dying to read this book ever since Marni started it in March this year. She'd forewarned me,"my next book will make you cry even worse" and I believed her, But still I like climbing the altar to lay my heart for her to Pierce with her stories every
CC
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

At 30 years old, Billie Paige is a food vlogger who enjoys traveling to experience new flavors. On a flight to California, Billie meets a man that makes her feel alive, but her life abruptly changes bringing new challenges her way.

”You treat everything like a recipe, Billie. But you’re not going to be able to figure out the ingredients of this one.”

This narrative unfolds with uniquely shifting timelines and a focus on different couples. With the use of brief chapters punctuating th
Jewel Ann
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind. Blown! One of the most unique and cleverly written stories I have read in a LONG time!
Syndi
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is actually 4 characters. 2 characters in the 1980 and 2 characters in present day. Toward 40% of this book, I was bored to death. I almost shelved it under DNF. It contains so much OTT that insta lust and insta love. But the sex scenes are not hot. So you can imagine I lost my interest.

Then the story picks up. The author suddenly adding twists, clues, complex plot into the story. It makes me guess how these 4 characters connected to each other. It is revealed about 90% of the book. I
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I was in suspense for most of the story and felt a bit let down and dissatisfied at the end. Felt abrupt and with multiple questions. gurrr. Quite enjoyed the writing though.
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ⭐️
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

‘Some stories had the power to change lives forever. This story changed an entire town.’

Marni Mann wowed us again with the dark emotional romance Before You, absolutely blindsiding us with a compelling and thrilling story-line that had us guessing until the very end. It was oh so very clever and packed an incredible emotional punch. We urge you to go into this story blind so we will not be telling you anything about the actual story in this review, we’d rather tell you about how we felt
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
* Beta Read *

Gah!! Words can not describe how much I love this story by Marni Mann. It is so poignant and romantic it took my breath away at times. It will make you feel a whole gamut of emotions. I laughed and cried and could not help but feel like this author had a peephole into my soul as this story burrowed it's way into my heart forever changing me! This was perfection!

Without going into any details, in typical Mann fashion, Before You was a twisty mindboggler where the unexpected is the o
Snjez
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review, audio
 photo 3A07CA00-7CAC-45C2-A6FA-0B501511CAE2.jpg

Where do I even begin? Before You is Marni's third contemporary standalone this year and I feel like they're part of this pattern of elaborate mind game stories that she wants you to get completely sucked into so your brain is fried and delighted by the end. Does that make sense? OK good.

"Even through her pain, I could still see her fire.

Before You is the story of Billie and Jared, their meeting, their love, their secrets. It is so intricately woven and told in such a way that you're gu
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

This book is confusing especially at the beginning. There are multiple story lines and multiple characters and it's hard to know what's important and what's not. I did a lot of highlighting.

With that being said, I would advise you to go in blind. There is a twist and it's a doozy. It's very similar to (view spoiler).

Jared and Billie meet on a plane. There's some instant attraction but there's a lot of drama and lines get blurred. Jared wants
Michelle
Wow !!!

This book was amazing like alway this author really knows how to make me an emotional mess. This story is beautiful but heart breaking all at once. Again there is a twist but it's what this author does better. I luv how she makes me fall in luv with every character. Once I started this book I knew it was goin to be one of my favourites. I luv her writing and how she has me hooked into the story. I can just never get enough.

The characters in this book were so good they were all strong char
Kathy West
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marni, Marni, Marni… what did you do to me with this book?!?!

This book was so much more than just a great read. It was wonderful. It was amazing. It was one of those books that once you start it, you can’t put it down.

Billie, Jared, Honey…… how you made their lives mesh together, how you made their stories connect… it was brilliant.

I kept waiting for that shoe to drop… for everything to fall apart…. And when it did….. my heart sunk.

“Billie didn’t realize something…I was going to hurt her far
nikki
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“In the forty-seven years I’d been alive, I’d learned something about women. There were those you couldn’t help but look at and those you just shouldn’t look at. She was both. That was rare.”

You know you’re reading a Marni Mann book when you’re hiding behind your cushion, with this feeling in your tummy that something major I’d going to happen, but nothing can prepare you for what’s really coming. Marni is such an incredible author and she has this knack of writing words so hypnotising and thoug
Mizz Latte
Oct 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
What a ridiculous way to end a "romance".

And NO I do not forgive him nor do I think their relationship was appropriate. Regardless of the gross 17yr age difference...his actions changed the course of her life forever.

And how does the author decide to end this??
By not showing the readers the necessary repentance the Hero needed to show her father

What a waste of my time
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This was a story that kept me guessing until close to the end. There are two stories playing out, one in the now and one in the past. As I got closer to the end, I was filled with anticipation about how these would overlap and what the outcome would be for everyone.

Billie is a restaurant reviewer. She has a strong following and loves her job, often flying to fantastic places with equally fabulous food. When she boards a plane to San Francisco she had no idea her life was about to change. The man
Arini
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
this was my 2nd time reading a book by this author, and i can say that she likes to write heartbreaking stories. i also can admit that she has a unique talent in constructing her stories in a way that makes readers want to finish reading her books.

i appreciate the structuring of this book from how it has an interesting but seemingly unrelated prologue to the fact that we get two stories from four different characters told in alternating chapters between the past and present.

this composition is r
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

Manoela
4 stars

First I have to start by saying that my review will be short and vague, because I believe the beauty of this book is to embark on reading without knowing what to expect and be surprised, just as I was. That said come on.

I already read some books by this author and I was always positively surprised so when I saw this book and read the synopsis I thought I should read and I'm glad I did because the story of this book totally conquered me and I found myself involved with the narrative and w
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
I just finished reading Before You by Marni Mann and I'm blown away!

What an AMAZING read that will keep you turning those pages well into the night..be prepared to lose sleep over this one ladies..

It's soooo freaking good!! Eeep..I can't wait to hear what you think!!

Truthfully I would go in blind..cuz you know that's my favorite way to go. Don't read anything because it's going to make your experience to fall madly in love with this book much more and you will definitely fall MORE in LOVE with
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book kept me on edge through whole story. I was just waiting the bomb to drop, I couldn't shake this strange feeling off right to the end where all three stories (well two stories and prologue) colided together.
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marni Mann has wowed again with this dark emotional romance in Before You, absolutely blindsiding me with a compelling and thrilling storyline that kept me guessing until the very end. It was very clever and packs an incredible emotional punch.

The prologue had such an air of mystery that I was immediately hooked and needed to read the whole book. I got totally immersed in the story of all of these characters all the while wondering about a certain character and when I would know more. This narr
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Before You is a unique and unpredictable book with a mystery that kept me guessing up until the end.

Billie and Jared’s relationship is told in alternating first person points of view, and I enjoyed the way their story unfolds. We know fairly early on that Jared is lying to Billie, but I had no idea what secrets he was hiding or if he was even a good guy.

Where the book suffers is in the disjointed integration of an additional storyline. Honey’s story is one long flashback and I had trouble keepin

• The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Lip Smacker
  • Release (The Release Series, #1)
  • The Light We See
  • Sacrifice
  • Once Upon A Holiday
  • Undone
  • Not What I Expected
  • Breaker
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • Catch Me Twice
  • Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
  • The Royal Arrangement (The Rebel Queen Duet, #1)
  • The Wallace Girl (The Feud Series Book 1)
  • Girl in Luv (In Luv Duet, #1)
  • Styx & Stones
USA Today Bestselling author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Marni was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotions. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida, with ...more