Start by marking “Stealing Cinderella” as Want to Read:
Stealing Cinderella

Stealing Cinderella

Every royal has their dirty little secret. His was… me.

It should have been simple.

Go to the ball, meet the prince, and secure his patronage for my favorite charity.

But beneath the mask, the brooding beast of a man was not at all who I expected.

He was dark and intense and eerily quiet.

When I left, I could still feel the ghost of his touch branded into my skin.

He haunt
Published April 1st 2020

Start your review of Stealing Cinderella
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Meh.

I just don't think fairy tale re-tellings are for me...I never end up liking them. Also, even the elements of the story that were NONE fairy tale related (the H and his "damaged" past, etc) just felt like something I had read before many times.

Not to mention there was a bit of bdsm in here...which I am not opposed to by ANY means. I just think there was a period where the market was saturated with it and I over-read it...and now have no interest.

Which is a bummer, since I really love this
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Stealing-Cinderella
I'll start with an apology:
I LOVE A. Zavarelli. her writing, her original story lines and dark characters... but dammit, I hated this book!!!
A fairy tale...? HA! It was like one of those newsletters warning young girls what *NOT* to do! 😂😭

The story begins like a normal Cinderella tale: Ella's father remarried and when he died, Ella blames herself for his death and lets her stepmother and wicked step sisters treat her like a maid as a punishment. But when Ella goes to the prom to meet the E
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
A very dark and steamy take on the Cinderella story!

You discover right away that this retelling of the Cinderella story was going to be much darker than the original. Not that the original wasn’t a bit dark in its own way. I mean we do know that the evil stepmother most likely killed the King, whether it be by poisoning him or inducing a heart attack in some other way. Also she basically stole Cinderella’s inheritance, used her for slave labor and verbally abused her if nothing else.

However, thi
Jen
I absolutely devoured this book! I am usually not big on fairytale themed books, unless it’s “Beauty and The Beast!” That particular fairytale is a weakness of mine! In this story, we get a tale that includes some parallels to Cinderella! I figured I would give it a chance because it was dark and had kidnapping involved!!! ( the strange things that lure me! Lol!) I sure am glad that I did! I literally couldn’t put it down!

Not only do we have Ella; who is our tortured heroine... but we have Thors
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
A damaged hero
A broken heroine
A fancy charity ball
A case of mistaken identity
A kidnapping
Cinderella's story has never been this delicious!

Ella's life was the stuff of nightmares. She lost her mother as a little girl and her father was murdered by thugs right before her eyes. Destined to a life of servitude and abuse at the hands of her step-mother and step-sisters, she couldn't see a way out. Her only moments of peace and serenity were the times when she was among the animals at the shelter she
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Against my better judgment, I’m here. I’m giving him two months of my life to torment me, control me, own me.

Oh this book was all sorts of yummy. Full disclosure, I don't really bother to read blurbs when A. Zavarelli releases a new book. I already know I'll be reading this. But when I realized this was a modern-day retelling of Cinderella with a dark twist, I'm pretty sure my need for this book became rabid.
He’s a beautiful terror. A hypnotic aura of black and red. I’
Melanie A.
3.5 STARS!
How can one man be so divided by darkness and light?
If you're looking for a quick and easy dark read, look no further!

Trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

All the makings of a fabulous story were present and accounted for in Stealing Cinderella. . . but it was just too short to really pull me in. It felt like reading at 1.5X the normal speed with the characters feeling emotions that weren't justified an
Birjis
A twisted fairy tale retelling of Cinderella.

I was waiting for this book wondering how A. Zavarelli would twist this story because she has excellent way of writing dark stories with grotesque way of dealing with the bad people. While Stealing Cinderella wasn't a top notch it certainly lived up to the Sinister Fairytale theme and I loved the way the story was twisted.

We know how the Cinderella story exists. Ella loses her father in a most tragic way, then her step-mother and step-sisters take ov
•PerSefone•
3 ⭐

➸ Dark Romance
➸ bdsm, kidnapping, business deal, royals, Insta-lust
➸ first person, POV: Ella, Thor
➸ Cliffhanger? No.
➸ Standalone? Yes.
➸ HEA
➸ Trigger? Yes *
➸ Steam? High 🔥

Mild spoilers

Sorry, today I'm lazy.. this will be a short and quick review.

(*) First of all, this book need trigger warnings :

◉ child abuse and sexual assault
(on page)
◉ physical/emotional/psychological abuse
◉ non-consensual Dom/sub scenes
◉ drug use
◉ mental illness/ self-harm

Stealing Cinderella is a twisted, dar
Dora Koutsoukou
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 ❤️🖤🖤❤️ 🎭 🇫🇷 👠 👑 🇬🇧 🔥 🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️

A modern and raw retelling fairy tale where the prince in a dark shining armor accidentally met his (cinder)Ella.

With great characters - tormented and damaged, seeking for love and a very well developed plot - sinful and twisted, I was hooked throughout the story.

Thorsen and Ella’s story was dark, angsty, intriguing, yet very emotional.

The epilogue of their HEA was wonderful ❣️
Tani
Apr 07, 2020 marked it as the-nope-wagon
Blurb is unappealing.
Added the book in tbr because of those heels.

This one of the weirdest things I've ever done.

Edit: I've changed my mind after reading the preview. Thank you, next.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
GAH!! I have been so obsessed with A. Zavarelli and her amazing stories for years! I personally feel like she can write anything ranging from dark mafia to contemporary to anything under the sun. Her stories are solid gold! For that reason when I heard that she was writing a dark spin on the classic Cinderella fairytale I could not be happier. I loved her story Beast and knew that this author's immeasurable talent and incomparable storytelling ability would blow me away. Testament to this fact, ...more
⋆Lara⋆
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing

First of all, let's just say that this book exceeded every expectation that I had.

I have this jinx that the book I'm actually excited about, 'most of the time' turns out to be mediocre or so bad that I have to tag it as dnf.

My heart is literally feeling lighter, now that the jinx is broken. So, having that out of the way, I can freely gush about how much I loved this!

There have been many re-tellings of the Disney Fairytale over the years, but until now, none had ever been this perfect f
CourtRocks'
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-to-buy
3 Stars!

Overall this was a good book. I love how it's a dark and twisted version of Cinderella but still keeps the theme of the fairytale, even though Cinderella is one of my lesser liked princesses. At first I was hesitant because of that, but as soon as the darkness was creeping into the story and the characters, I liked it a lot more.

The first half was good, maybe focused a little too much on sex, but luckily the sex was hot. The second half was way better and more emotional than I thought i
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
Ashleigh is a favorite author for me, she never disappoints and always brings some new and fresh to her stories. Stealing Cinderella is another great addition to her book repertoire.
A dark retelling of Cinderella with a modern-day twist.  Well written and deeply engaging I devoured this book front to back. There is something special about the easy Ashleigh tells a story that hooks me in every damn time.
Although some of the names of some of the characters didn't flow easily off the tongue, the
JD
So, uhm, this is "dark." It's "dub-con, "and "non-con," and "rough," and "hard," and... Have I left any synonym out? It's got kidnapping, and beating, and rape, and trauma, and torture, and child abuse (this, by the way, is a trigger warning as the scenes of child abuse are very disturbing), and murder, and...it's "dark." Wow! I'll also add that its excess takes it into the realm of melodrama.

If you love, "dark" -- if you love all the ways that authors dream up to violate the feminine body -- we
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
I'd started to have my doubts about this series, but Stealing Cinderella has certainly turned the tides favourably.

The book has a nice swirl of darkness to it, and is certainly fits the billing of 'Sinister' perfectly. Ella and Thor's story is set in modern times, which made a few elements at the beginning seem a little far fetched, and I did find myself having to let several things 'go' at the beginning, hence the loss of half a star. However I can appreciate that not only were they necessary f
Aou
Dark ✔️
Broken and twisted MCs ✔️
Trainwreck extravagant drama ✔️
Comeuppance ✔️✔️✔️
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_SC4

This is a much darker loosely based contemporary retelling of the fairy-tale Cinderella.
Ella has lived with her abusive stepmother and awful stepsisters ever since her father's death,
She spends whatever times she can escaping to a local animal sanctuary.
To save this place she loves she attends a local Gala incognito to plead for funding and in a case of mistaken identity makes the acquittance of Thorsten the crown prince of Norway.
Fleeing the charity gala she accidentally leaves behind her shoe
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark and delicious is Ashleigh's version of this fairytale, which gives a fair chance to the Prince Charming's POV. There's the brooding and broken alpha, who needs power and control. The dominant in him sees the submissive in his custom fit Cinderella and from thereon, ashleigh lets her imagination fly!
Ella is the proverbial Daddy's Girl, a pampered and loved child. Unfortunately now she's stuck with her stepmother, aptly named Narcissa. She's at mercy of taunts and jibes of her stepsisters- La
Pick a Book
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Once upon a time, there was a fire breather and a God of Thunder. And while the story got my attention, I have to confess there was a part that made me almost stop reading it. My feminist heart couldn't handle it. You know, this was my first time reading a book by this author and I had no idea how she could make me overpassed this part of the book (normally I would dnf) and instead of not enjoying, I finished it with a smile on my face and... yes, I cried a lil bit. That's how good the wr
Darlene I read WAY to many books
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️

“You have a fire in you, don’t you?” I straddle her body and pinch her face in my fingers. “But you should know you’re only making my cock harder when you fight.”
THIS FUUUUCKING BOOK! This is the kind of book I desperately needed! I couldn't put this story down.

If you like darkish romances, mega alpha asshole dirty talking book boyfriends who like to bring the pain and stories that CONSUME you, then you should DEFINITELY meet this guy! I could NOT get enough of this man! I have so many di
Beneath The Covers Blog
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelly, arcs, 2020-reads
Wow…this story was a down-right naughty and delicious read!

But I must confess…this was the first book I’ve read by the author, and now I’m scolding myself for not reading her books sooner. Now I’m stocking up on ALL of her books because HOLY…this book was fantastic!

Stealing Cinderella is a modern re-telling of the classic fairy tale, but with a much darker, erotic, and twisted story line. We all know the outcome of the original Cinderella -- orphaned young woman raised by a wicked stepmother mee
Jypsy
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Did you like fairy tales and princesses once upon a time? I did. Sleeping Beauty is still my favorite. Now, I'm all grown up, and I love to read retellings of fairy tales. Stealing Cinderella by A. Zavarelli is a darker take on the classic story. Check out my review below!⁣

Synopsis:

Every royal has their dirty little secret. His was… me.

It should have been simple.

But beneath the mask, the brooding beast of a ma
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great dark retelling of Cinderella with a damaged prince, an evil stepmother and stepsisters, a masquerade ball and even a missing shoe. I loved it, 4 stars!
Alaina
I really liked this dark retelling of Cinderella!

Stealing Cinderella will introduce you to a girl named Ella. In the beginning, you see her young and happy with her dad. Of course she already has the evil stepfamily as well. So when things turn from bad to worse.. you don't really seem surprised by how awful Ella's living conditions are.

I feel like the step-monster and step-siblings were completely awful. Heck, even borderline psychotic. These three women loved to torture Ella.. physically, ment
Manoela
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

In Stealing Cinderella we have a dark, more adult version of a tale that all children must have read: Cinderella. And let me say that I really liked this book and how author A. Zavarelli told this story.

Here we have an even more vicious stepmother and Stepsisters. We have a prince with a dark side and who at times reminded me of the beast from the tale Beauty and the Beast and we have the heroine who suffered a lot in her adolescence finding someone to love. I really liked the proposal o
Tzelina
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 🌟
A different point of view of modern Cinderella's tale!! I was hooked from the first chapter!! Loved it ❤️
Mahima
Sep 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF
A GRADE CLICHÉ
I don't know why these typical Cinderella stories don't entice me as much as I love to think they do.

Because...
⚫The heroines are shown way too pathetic and exploited.
⚫ Heroes are the ones who have all the burden of facing gold diggers/selfish/hypocrite world.
⚫ There's the obvious difference in their wealth (okay, this is genuine)

This story is not so different with ...
⚫ Royalties involved.
⚫ Money involved
⚫Pathetic heroine and a hero who needs to be saved from himself involved.

I

• Missing Wings: Chronicles of the Aranysargas (Aranysargas, #1)
  • Changed by Fire (Phoenix Rising, #6)
  • Wolf Child (The Year of the Wolf #1)
  • Dragon Released (Reclaimed Dragons, #1)
  • Love Her Better (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #4)
  • The Beginning of Everything (The Rising #1)
  • The Harp of Kings (Warrior Bards, #1)
  • The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Insolent
  • The Hunted
  • Reckless At Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels Book 3)
  • The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
  • Australia
  • Once Upon a River
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Cold Queen
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never m