Start by marking “Cold Heart” as Want to Read:

Cold Heart

First he wanted her heart, now he wants all of her.

Former Army soldier Atlas Kane thought he found a home in the military, but after his last tour he returns a broken and haunted man. The respite he finds in the arms of a woman is brief and when a car crash takes her from him, he’s lost and desperate.

Brooklyn has longed to be normal, but a lifetime in hospital has made th
Published November 17th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Cold Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Heart

Start your review of Cold Heart
Ada
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Ruby Wolf, and I admit the blurb got me intrigued, and somehow describes very good the plot of the book.

This is the story of Atlas and Brooklyn, two people with a hard past, Brooklyn was staying more in the hospitals, than at home, Atlas was in the military where he experienced a traumatic event. This shaped them in a way, that they completed each other, and while their journey of finding one another was filled with bumps on the road, in the end they thrived in being th
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Nov 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Cold Heart tells the emotional story of Atlas and Brooklyn as they fight their separate pasts to get to their future together.

I really liked the premise of the novel. The warts moment of Atlas’s life gave Brooklyn the hope of a life that she’d been unable to really hope for before. I did feel terrible for everything they both lived through before they found each other.

There were times that things were pretty predictable, but it wasn’t enough to make me dislike the plot and there were some twists
Imogen Wells
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and it was a good read.

This book follows the story of Atlas and Brooklyn, and it’s heartbreaking. I struggled to connect with the characters initially, and the build up is a little slow. However, once the story got going, I enjoyed it.

It’s a heartbreaking read that will keep you captivated until the end.
Gina Burkart
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow i have no words for this amazing story. This story starts out slow tell it gets builds up the plot that is emotionally intense, dark, twisted, heartbreaking, full of regret, hurt and hope.
Cheryl
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This review can also be found in Currant7 Recommends

Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

description

Note: This book contains details of violence, PDSD, slight BDSM, R+18, and abandonment discussion and scenes that may trigger some readers. Let this be your warning.

Brooklyn has led an “unwanted life.” Nobody wanted her as a child. She had moved from one foster home to anot
Marnie
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Atlas and Brooklyn embedded themselves into my soul ...

Author Ruby Wolff captured MY heart and soul in the Prologue with the poetic words of a broken man who has lost his one true love, his soul mate, the angel that God created just for him, to soothe the demons and the fire that haunted him at night. These are the words of a man who is barely existing, and is most certainly not living. Hells teeth, I was bawling my eyes out and I hadn’t even started the story yet!!!!

This book captured my inter
Book_Echo
Holy smokes this damn book! This story tore my heart from my chest, stumped on it, crushed it and then gave it back! This took a piece of my heart and soul with it but I'm completely fine with that. I'll never forget this book. Never. Ever. Like how could you even?

Atlas can be pretty fierce when he wants to but he is also super sweet, affectionate and precious at the same time. He cares for every single person in his life very deeply and looks after them like they are his family. Deep down he is
~lil maso~
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Atlas and Brooklyn’s story is the first book by this author that I have read and I enjoyed the depth of the story, so captivating. I found all of the characters extremely interesting and likable and would love to read the rest of their stories too.

What both lead characters had been through in their past was horrific in different ways. My heart just about broke for both of them. In fact, in this story, you feel every emotion with the characters wanting to help them as well as simply comfort them.
Savannah Brown
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brooklyn has spent most of her life in and out of the hospital. Her parents couldn't handle it so they gave her up. She has been with multiple foster families but they never last because they can't handle a sick kid and all the hospital visits. Brooklyn has been alone through it all. She didn't have anyone to rely on. All she had was herself. She is strong, brave and fierce.
Atlas is complicated. He can be a jerk at times but he really does mean well. He's been through war and suffers with severe
Gsmitty
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cold Heart by Ruby Wolff was intense from the get go, grabbing me and refusing to let go with every twist and turn, every held breath and sigh of relief.

Oh Atlas and Brooklyn, my heart broke and was mended so many times throughout this book, but it was thoroughly worth the turmoil, and the emotional rollercoaster ride of a journey that this story took me on captivated me from start to finish!

Atlas, brooding, tall, dark, and handsome with piercing blue eyes, stoic, Atlas. Oh he really got to me.
Stephanie Ditmore
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Atlas and Brooklyn’s story is emotionally intense, dark, twisted, heartbreaking, full of regret, hurt and hope. When you love someone so deeply and they are taken from you, your world implodes and that’s what has happened to Atlas and all he wants is the light in his life back. Plagued by memories of the past, he fights every day to survive until he finds her. Brooklyn has struggled her whole life and finally on a path she’s excited for, becoming her own person, dating and being with friends unt ...more
Char Davis
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story will pull you in an keep you on the edge of your seat an the characters will captivate you.Former At!y Atlas came back a broken man The torture he endured so his brothers could escape an hopefully get help.He was tortured twenty four hours a day for a week until he was rescued.His demons also are being shared by his two best friends an brothers feeling guilty that he endured everything to protect them.He finds a woman that keeps his demons at bay until she's killed in an accident.When ...more
Sophie Ruthven
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow what a story.
Although it took me a bit to connect with Atlas, it was clear from the start both main characters had been through an awful lot.
This was the true embodiment of second chances, on multiple levels for both characters.
Yes I struggled with some of the plot at first, but by the second half, when Atlas really opened up, I was turning pages like a mad woman, as had been dying for the military stuff, in fact would of loved to have seen more of it. Boy was it brutal though.
Also yes some
Michelle
Nov 20, 2020 rated it liked it
If this were on KU I wouldn’t have finished it. I bought it because the blurb was sooooo good. I preordered an author I had not yet read. Since I paid for it I finished it, but I was disappointed. The story had holes that created circumstances that were not believable. There were some grammatical errors but, we are all human, so I can usually overlook them. But the errors worsened as the book went on. It’s like the editor got bored as they read. Anyway, the premise of the book was great and I li ...more
Nicola Bradfield
Cold Heart
This is the first book I’ve read of Ruby’s and I enjoyed it.
The story is captivating interesting and keeps you intrigued. All the characters are interesting and I’d like to find out all there stories in the future. atlas and Brooklyn have been through so much my heart broke for them but this story shows how love can heal.
This was an emotional rollercoaster with many twists and turns to keep you interested. I liked the reference to beauty and the beast this was a modern-day love story
Pamela
Atlas was in the military and thought it would keep him grounded in life. He goes through difficulties and ends up back home. He meets a woman and settles down for a time until she is taken from him in an accident. Brooklyn has been in the hospital most of her life. She receives a life saving heart for a transplant. She ends up being taken captive by Atlas at first then taken by his enemy. Can the two broken people make a life together?
Jackie
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a bit slow at the start but once you get into it I think you will enjoy it as much as me. Atlas lost the love of his life, but finding out where Lucy's heart goes he gets his pals to go fetch the woman.
Brooklyn has been in and out of hospital all her life awaiting a heart transplant. When she is well enough she's goes home.
Things take a turn and this is where the story starts to pick up pace.
Bethany McNease
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Atlas loses the love of his life, Brooklyn recieves her heart. Atlas wants her heart but soon falls for the girl. Atlas took a while for me to like but the side characters were wonderful! Brooklyn dispite having a heartbreaking life, she has a heart of gold. I wasn't sure about this story when I started it but I am glad I did. Good job!
Rhiannon Matthias
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a first time read for me by this author and I simply fell in love with these characters and there storyline.iam going to go back and read her blacklist as I enjoyed this story so much.this book is written well with a story that will keep you engaged and engrossed from start to finish I will definitely look forward to more fro. This author
Linda
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! This story broke me, and then put me back together again!

Emotional beyond words….. Atlas and Brooklyn….just, wow!

My first story by this author, and I'm definitely looking for more! Ms. Wolff, you've earned a New Fan!

I received an advanced reader copy, and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Natalie
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book from Ruby Wolff and what a book it is.

The beginning sort of through me off but then it all came crashing in like a fast train.

Atlas and brooklyn have both had a hard past before they found each other.

This book will put you through so many emotions from crying to happy back to crying.

Loved the book and the author and will read more from her.
M L
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is amazing! This story was not at all what I thought it would be. So many emotions. It’s heart wrenching and mysterious. Atlas and Brooklyn have quite the story to tell! I absolutely loved it!!
Ana Elena
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an exceptional and delightful read this book is!
It bestows both great joy and deep sorrow upon one's heart, thus unravelling the purest emotions into one's soul and showing one what truly must be treasured most in this world.
Lofty
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Atlas is determined to have Brooklyn he knows her heart belongs to him.
Brooklyn is just beginning to live after receiving a new heart. The circumstances she meets Atlas in aren't ideal but why are his eyes so familiar?
A first time author for me and I enjoyed reading this book.
Rhea
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new author to me and I enjoyed her book. I loved Brooklyn’s journey and even though Atlas’ side of things was messed up I get why he done it. And the way everything worked out in the end was good. The book was definitely written well.
Leah Blanks
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg it was so amazing I absolutely loved this book
TINA WILLIAMS
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story is a unique, heart-wrenching and emotional read. This is one love story you don’t want to miss. I highly recommend this book!
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first story I’ve read by this author and I will definitely be reading more by her. Have your tissues ready because this was a very emotional and heartbreaking journey for Atlas and Brooklyn. I’m just glad I was on their journey. I can’t wait for more books from this author!!
Rina's Reads
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Atlas and Brooklyn were hot!
I liked the idea behind the book, it was certainly unique.
I didn’t agree with how Brooklyn met Atlas but I understand why it happened the way it did.
Despite the bad hand she was dealt in life Brooklyn was strong, loyal and loving.
She brought out the best in Atlas, saved him from his demons and restored him in a way no one else could.

But, when the truth is revealed will she run to him, or away from him?
bookspaced
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cold Heart is the first book I´ve read by Ruby Wolff. I enjoyed it alot. Even though I was very very confused in the beginning.

The characters are great. Atlas and Brooklyn have such tragic pasts it was amazing to see them find to eachother after all this stuff happened. All characters are very interesting and likeable. I would enjoy reading a story about Rhys and Aiden.

The story was fast paced which I sometimes didnt really get. They fell in love so fast without really knowing eachother deeply b

• Risk (Triple R Security #1)
  • Salvaging Marigold (Broken Gems #6; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • The Test (The 4 Horsemen, #2)
  • Nera   ( Dark Retelling Of The Lion King)
  • Ruin: The Reprise (Black Hearts Still Beat, #4)
  • Splintered Emerald (Broken Gems, #5)
  • Chasing the Moon
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Defying Our Forever (The Baker’s Creek Billionaire Brothers #3)
  • Fragile Truths (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #3)
  • Sicko
  • Wounded Kiss
  • Glass Heart Broken (Glass Heart Academy, #2)
  • Shattered Ice (Fury, #3)
  • Impossible Odds (The Five Families, #4)

News & Interviews