Start by marking “Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #1” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #1

Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #1

(Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #1)

You’ve seen the trailer... now, witness the events leading to CBS All Access’s Picard. Before he retired to his vineyard, Jean-Luc Picard was the most decorated admiral in Starfleet. Then one mission changed his life forever. The Countdown starts here!
Published November 27th 2019 by IDW

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Start your review of Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #1
HBalikov
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Star Trek is a decades old television series that has successfully franchised its offerings into books, movies and graphic novels. Patrick Stewart had a long run as Jean-Luc Picard, the “Next Generation” captain of the Starship Enterprise.

I heard that Stewart had signed up for a new Star Trek series and I was not willing to pay another streaming service for “premium access.” So when I saw this graphic novel purporting to cover the same storyline as the new series, I felt justified in getting a
Rob Cook
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable but brief, glad I have the remaining two issues to read straight away!
Alvaro Zinos-Amaro
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Artwork is solid throughout, though the face in the cover itself feels off.

The writing is heavily expository, setting up a scenario consistent with what we've come to expect based on the events of Star Trek (2009) and various hints dropped in interviews so far. The character of Raffi Musiker didn't make a great first impression.

On the plus side, the story introduces a classic moral dilemma rife with dramatic potential. And it's nice to see some familiar places. And Picard's new ship.

Cautiously
ThomyZ
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of "modern" Trek
This was a fine opening chapter and the art by Angel Hernandez is great, as usual. Picard doesn't really sound like Picard to me, but I like the dilemma he is faced with, and look forward to where this plot is going.

On the clearly negative side, the inclusion of the Odyssey-class USS Verity doesn't make a lick of sense and seems more like Star Trek Online fan service than anything else. Also, I'm just not a huge fan of the design.
A M H
An alright introductory issue. It contains a fitting in-canon dilemma and decent character portrayals. It's a promising start. Art is good, though the cover makes me a bit uneasy. I can't help but keep evaluating how they did the face. It gives off a bit too much uncanny valley vibes. ...more
Christina Farr-Thompson
I can't WAIT for Picard. It's gonna be so so so gooooood!! ...more
Gregory
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Prelude to Current Series

It's good to see the return of TNG, a fan favorite among Star Trek fans and Sci fans. The story takes place 20 years after ST Nemesis. Picard is now an Admiral and introduced the a few characters who will be a part of Star Trek Picard.
The writing fits well with continuity and so does the artwork. I am looking forward to the next chapters.
Rosie
Dec 29, 2020 rated it liked it
An interesting glimpse into the events leading up to the Romulan evacuation. This is 15 years before where we start in Picard. Laris and Zhaban are some of my favourite new characters from Picard so seeing their first appearance and the start of how they ended up with Picard on his vineyard on Earth is great.
Michael Wombat
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Pedestrian

Adds nothing new to Picard's story. I had hoped for more. The artwork is adequate, the writing just about ok
Karen
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!
Gef
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good start

A good start to the story . Will wait and see what the other chapters have to say. Make it so.
Jesse Deleon
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am looking forward to reading more!

I have enjoyed reading this first in a series that has me wanting more. Mike Johnson & Kristen Beyer thank you. A new fan!
Michael Brigden
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great bench mark for the evacuation!

Good presentation and we finally get to see Picard’s command, USS Verity! Interesting twist- great read if you want a prelude to the new Picard show!
Paul
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Far too short individually

It's OK. Not very exciting. The three separate comics should've just been sold as one. Overall a bit of a key down.
Tara Hamilton
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short

Grabs you then it ends. Should just be one book! But graphics good and story intriguing. Don’t read on kindle; phone or tablet is better.
Stephen Hoenig
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well written with excellent artwork. It does a good job of laying out the principle characters in advance of the next 2 books and the Picard series. So far I have only seem the first two of the TV series. I am enjoying it. I watched a Youtube video yesterday made up of a panel og "experts" who wee extremely critical of the show. In my opion they are way overthinking this new chapter in the Star Trek Universe. I look at this series, the comic books included, as just a good bit of story telling wi ...more
Fangirl
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like how it gives us some background to some of the new characters.
Joe
Shelves: star-trek
Promising start to what will be the new Picard series. I'm curious what part of the established lit verse will remain as it is. But nevertheless, this is a typical TNG like story which puts Picard in a dilemma situation between what is right and what is easier to do. ...more
Kym Taborn
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want more! A month is too long to wait! Admiral Picard has already found himself in the midst of a Romulan pickle. The stakes are high and he has few options. And we got to see Geordi. A quick but fun read.
Shae
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Was hoping for a little more on the art in this series, but I love seeing how we get to the conflicts that lead to the new Picard show. I was very intrigued by all of the maneuvering of the Romulins in this story.
Linda Hammett
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short, but informative.

Excellent preparation for the new series. Appreciate the continuity of the Picard character and find myself drawn further into the story.
Onward to the next installment.
JR
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A glimpse of the unseen

This work was well done and ties well into cannon and the new series. It’s whet my appetite further for more episodes of Picard now that I’ve read this Title and seen the first episode.
Matthew
What a first act!
Takahiro Kawaguchi
Must read

If you are gonna watch Picard .... this is a must read. I started to see the big picture ..
W. P.
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the story. The art work was good but not great. Overall, a great prequel to the Picard series coming up.
Razoor
kevin browning
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a bridge between Nemesis and Picard series. It has an intriguing plot and gives you a small test to what's coming January 23rd. ...more
David
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Comic and Well Drawn

It's a bit a tease though, obviously so you come back for more. Well written and fun though. Recommended if you plan to watch the upcoming series.

• The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Star Trek: Voyager: Mirrors and Smoke
  • Star Trek: Discovery: Aftermath #1
  • Star Trek: Discovery: Aftermath #2
  • Dead Endless
  • Collateral Damage
  • Die Standing
  • Star Trek: The Q Conflict
  • The Higher Frontier
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation - Hive (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: Aftermath #3
  • Star Trek: Countdown (Star Trek Countdown, #1-4)
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 1
  • Star Trek: TNG: Mirror Broken #0
  • Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1)
  • The Captain's Oath
  • The Unsettling Stars (Star Trek, #1)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War

Star Trek: Picard - Countdown (3 books)
  • Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #2