Start by marking “Instant Heat” as Want to Read:

One night.
One bet.
And now my world is turned upside down.
Apparently, you're not supposed to fall for the rebound guy.
Guess I didn't get the memo, because the first man I jump into bed with happens to be the one who sparks a flame in my heart.
With his rakish charm and Irish accent, he steals my sanity and inhibitions.
It's not long before I'm dreaming of something more than
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition
Expected publication: October 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Instant Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instant Heat

Start your review of Instant Heat
Kari Hansen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the way Rae’s last relationship ended she is questioning her judgment when it comes to men, but during a girl’s night accepting a bet could be the best decision she ever made. Griffin has recently moved to town looking for a fresh start and trying to heal from a tragedy when a beautiful woman approaches him at the bar.

There is no denying the chemistry and connection between them but will Rae have to choose between her love for Griffin and loyalty to her brother?
Rina's Reads
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Griff and Rae are the perfect match.
Like Insta-love with a side of sweet and swoon?
Then you need to read this story.
A quick and easy read that will leave you with a smile on your face.
Joy Westerfield
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love anthologies and when I found out this story would be a part of one, and then later, a full length story, I knew that I needed to read this. And the fact that there is a hot, sexy Irishman as a main character, just sealed the deal! Raelyn or Rae, hasn't had the greatest luck in the relationship department, so she is wary of men, until she meets Griffin. There is just something about him that she is so attracted to and feels like there could be something more. And Griffin is instantly enamo ...more
Suzaan Jansen van Rensburg
Griffin and Raelin met in a bar when she approached him. Just wanting to win a bet with her friends she got much more than that when she looked into the sexy firefighter's eyes. With both of them being hurt in the past they need to decide if this connection between them is worth pursuing. Even in the face of the wrath of Rae's overprotective brother who cannot stand Griffin because he took the promotion Thatch wanted. Could they overcome all the obstacles. This is a short story but filled with s ...more
Quincey Conway
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Griffin a firefighter who is trying to escape the world that is sinking him into darkness calls in a favore and gets a transfer to a new station, Rae who has been hurt before worked at a retirement home and has lived in the town her whole life. When some meddling friends think its time for her to get back out their, one bet turns into so much more! But when Rae brother finds out just who she is seeing thing will heat up. But their chemistry is undeniable, but will it be enough?
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
This was so good and entertaining and kept me glued to my Kindle. The connection and attraction between Griffin and Rae is explosive and undeniable. I was hooked from the first sentence and I couldn't stop reading. There are obstacles to overcome, outside and within themselves, but the journey was so enticing.

Michelle
Beautiful Persuasion by A.K. MacBride is a quick read that held my attention from the first page until the last. Rae and Griff have an instant attraction and are perfect for each other. I loved the way the author brought them together and how what was supposed to be one night turns into so much more. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Maja
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read from this author. I loved this book so much. Characters were unbelievable. The story flows, I read this book in one sitting. I loved it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Tricia Jaensch
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Griffin has my heart Rae is just so beautiful what a wonderful and beautiful story if l didnt have to do this thing called life lol l would of finished this book in one sitting. It gets you from page one, do yourself a favor and read this book, one of the best 😊
Michaela
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A shorter, powerful, whirlwind of a romance. It really does have "all the feels." I love the characters, the setting, that there were no overt sex scenes. I loved it.

Thi
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute read.
Nate
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Griffin & Rae's story. Good characters. This was a quick, easy book. Very enjoyable. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving an honest review. ...more
Patty
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
By AK MacBride
Narrated by Gregory Salinas, Lessa Lamb
A Pink Flamingo Production

AK MacBride is fast becoming a one click author for me. This is my second listen by her and her stories are fabulous. Instant Heat has those favorite tropes. Love at first sight and firefighters are high on my list. We meet Griffin, who has just taken a new position in the local fire station, He meets Rae at a bar, and their instant connection has them heading home together. Turns out Griffin works with Ra
Renee
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I've read/listened to by AK MacBride. It's hard to make a reader feel like they've received a full story when writing such short stories, especially when the couple are just meeting for the first time. This one was written well with great characters. Emotions were felt and the HEA was great. It was predictable, but sweet and enduring. Exactly what was needed after some darker romances.

Gregory Salinas & Lessa Lamb were excellent narrators! Gregory's Irish accent was perfec
Serenechaosnyc
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, short romance about a chance meeting that leads to love. There's a forbidden element in it as Rae's brother, Thatch, really hates Griffin because Griffin gets the promotion that he wanted. There is a heck of a lot of chemistry and it was a fun listen. I received an early copy of the audiobook and I really enjoyed listening to Lessa Lamb and Gregory Salinas. Griffin is Irish and the author integrated the Irish speech patterns in this book; I recently read a book that did this and i ...more
Melbelle
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one although mildly short was pure fire. The story has insta love at first sight vibe but in my opinion it makes you believe love at first sight exists. The MC's are great. The Hero being Irish (swoon) and the Heroine is like most of us making bad partner choices. The storyline had me invested in not only the main characters but the side characters as well and I look forward to reading/listening to their stories if and when they are out there. My girl crush Lessa Lamb and Gregory Salinas do ...more
Amanda
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story was fun and entertaining. It's definitely in the insta-love category. The conflict was divided between family/friend relationships and I appreciated that there wasn't a ton of miscommunication drama.

I listened to the audio version. Lessa Lamb and Gregory Salinas did a great job with the narration, though I was expecting more of a lyrical cadence with the Irish accent. I would have liked to give both the story and narration 4.5 stars.

#PinkFlamingoProductions
Dessa
Dec 26, 2019
A.K. MacBride
Aug 25, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Caro
Shannon Anderson
Rose
Buffie Gier
Nov 01, 2019

• Jackson (Rydeville Elite, #5)
  • The Romeo Arrangement: A Small Town Romance
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • My Best Friend's Mardi Gras Wedding (Boys of the Bayou, #1)
  • The Best Friend Zone: A Small Town Romance
  • They The Pretty Stars (Court High, #1)
  • Crazy Sexy Love
  • Selfish for Love
  • Road Trip
  • Cowboys Never Kiss Under the Mistletoe: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 2)
  • Surprise Protector: A Single Mom Romance (Hamptons Filthy Rich Novel Book 1)
  • One Good Thing
  • The Billionaire’s Ward (McClellan Billionaires, #3)
  • Mr. November (Calendar Boys, #11)
  • Wicked (Wicked, #1-3)
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: A Novel
  • Finding Quinn (The Coopers Book 2)
  • A Wrinkle in Forever

Author of romances that leave you with ALL the feels.

She likes her coffee big and strong and her chocolate sinfully dark.
Living in a small town in South Africa, she’s afforded the luxury of being surrounded by mountains and waking up to birds singing their morning songs.
In addition to her coffee and chocolate obsession, she can’t say no to cheesecake or pastry.
When she is not creating emotional re

News & Interviews