Start by marking “Guts & Glory: Steel (In the Shadows Security, #5)” as Want to Read:
Guts & Glory: Steel (In the Shadows Security, #5)

Guts & Glory: Steel

(In the Shadows Security #5)

"Strength is what we gain from the madness we survive."

Former Marine Raider, Steel, has been handed a job from his boss to protect a woman in Boulder City, CO. The job should be easy-peasy. Babysit the woman until the police catch her stalker. Only hes not expecting what a challenge hes been handed.

Note: Steel is the fifth book of the Guts & Glory series, a
Published February 1st 2020 by Double-J Romance, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Guts & Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guts & Glory

Start your review of Guts & Glory: Steel (In the Shadows Security, #5)
Alexandra
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another knockout from JSJ! Like a sucker punch to the gut this book hits you right in the feels! Humor, romance, mystery, suspense, this story has it all.

I will be the first to admit I was hesitant about an MMA fighting heroine, but Jeanne quickly proved me wrong. Kat is the perfect mix of feminine vulnerability and bada** warrior you cant help but find yourself rooting for her.

Steel is everything you love to hate in a hero. Hes stubborn with zero filter and a huge ego, so of course I
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Strong men love strong woman and when Steel meets Kat the sparks instantly fly when he needs to find her stalker. Filled with the perfect combination of romance, angst and suspense then add in humor and off the charts chemistry Jeanne St. James once again proves that her Alpha Men are oh so strong but yet are oh so lovable. I usually stay away from MMA romances but I am so glad I read this as it added the right amount of mystery to the series. Please write quicker!! I need more in this series.
LaToya Toney
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the Guts and Glory series! Loved Steel and Kat's story. Both are strong complex characters that are relatable. The author has a way of making you identify with her characters and root for them. Full of suspense, steam, and a great storyline that'll keep you captivated from the first page. 💛
Ri
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Normally, I devour everything and anything this author writes. I love her characters because they all feel like family. However, I struggled to connect with Kat and Steel. There were definitely parts that I loved such as having cameos from the ND or the guys but for the most part I was missing something in this one.

That being said, I still love this author and series.
domestic_godess_reads
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from JSJ! Steel and Kat had amazing chemistry. Their back and forth banter was great, Kat gave it right back to him! Kat was the perfect heroine for Steel, the fact that she is a female MMA fighter added another dimension to the story. Loved it!
Kari Hansen
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Steel is dreading his next assignment, which is to protect a woman from her stalker, as he thinks that she will be a privileged princess that will drive him crazy. The joke is on him when his client turns out to be a successful MMA fighter who will give him a run for his money when it comes to strength and attitude.

Kat has put all her focus into becoming the best competitor that she can. She is strong, both mentally and physically, and is unphased by what others think of her, her body and her
Alexa Rivers
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I had ups and downs with this book. I absolutely adore that it features a female MMA champion, and would have read it for her alone, but I had a bit of a hard time with the hero. I thought he took being an alpha-hole just a bit too far at times.
Sara F.
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alpha alert! Steel is another super uber alpha male sucked out of the mind of Jeanne St James. Hes strong, sexy, hard headed, a little playful and falls for tough women. Jeanne St James has another great story here in Steel. Kat is an MMA fighter, but shes not all kicks and angry punches. She has a soft side that speaks to Steel. And these two turn it on high. Loved how Steel fell so hard for Kat and wasnt afraid to let her know it. I loved imaging their future together - perfect match, darn ...more
Amanda
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fierce man vs. fierce women!!

I waited patiently for this book, Steel had intrigued me back in Ryders book, he seemed like the ultimate A-hole, I needed to know more about him.

The author certainly gave Steel a run for his money with Kat, she came on strong and didnt back down, he didnt know what hit him. I really enjoyed their similar interests, I found it made them connect on a different level. They each had a way of jabbing each other with words and made it fun to read, lots of smiles and
Donna Marie
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

So freaking amazing and I love Steel and Kat.
Kat is a freaking amazing and the type of woman all girls want to be as she badass just like steel.
Love them both.
Shatire
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Steel Meets His Match

Kat is proof money doesn't buy happiness. She can be in a room full of people and still feel alone. She escaped a family trying to put her in a box she didn't want. She loves MMA, but even it has its drawbacks. She a celebrity, so has to dress and act the part. Buy the expensive car and house, that she doesn't want or need. Now she has a stalker, and now he's calling all the shots. In walks Steel...
Steel is hired to protect Kat and find her stalker. He's always loved the
Terri West
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although this could probably be read as a stand alone, I would recommend the series together with the Dirty Angels MC books that these are a spin off from.
Great world building and each and every one of our Main Characters are different. Romance, hot sex and humour make an enjoyable read throughout. Believable sassy females and domineering alpha males that are not quite as alpha as they initially seem.
Anne Sherman
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Steel

Unfortunately this was my least favorite book. I loved Steel in all the other books but I didn't feel any connection between then. I found myself skipping pages and a subject finish kept putting it down.
Paulina
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I will be honest I wasn't a fan of Steel after Ryder's book, because of what happened with Kelsea, but it all chnged in this book. I really liked his and Kat's story. Oh Kat! She was so different from the other heroines I usually read about and I loved it! Can't wait for Brick!
Judi Tibbitts
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never fails!!!! Been reading JSJ for quite some time and as long as she's writing I'm reading. I do suggest for a new reader that you start Guts&Glory from the start but as an extra added bit of wow read her Dirty Angels MC. You won't be disappointed❤
Catherine
Guys & Glory: Steel

Another brilliant read from Jeanne St James, I loved Kat the kickass MMA fighter and Steel ( Balls of Steel) and how he helps protect her from her crazed stalker and they fall in love.
Carol
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Love love love all by this author
shawna
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and how Kat evolved, learned how to trust and what true family is! Steel is the prime example of what a alpha Male is and sweet, soft on the inside!
Anne Richardson
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book from this author. Loved it.
Danielle
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Steel is a man who can appreciate the sinewy shape of an athletic woman. In fact, he prefers a woman whose body is made of blood, sweat, and tears of hard work and dedication. While he doesnt have an issue finding a warm body to warm his tastes, sometimes his mouth will get him into some less than appealing results.
Kat is a woman used to being judged for her looks. A fighter with bulging muscles, take no prisoners attitude, and a bit of a chip on her shoulder, she will not let anyone get close
Karen
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the In the Shadows Security series and Guts & Glory: Steel did not disappoint.

Anson Steel Sterling is a man who likes his women to look athletic, not soft or curvy. He is not ashamed to voice his opinion even if no one wants to hear it. He gets himself into more trouble with his mouth than he does any other way. Diesel chooses him for an assignment to watch over a woman athlete and he is not impressed with the job at first. Then he meets Kat and sees her in action and his interest
Debra Taylor
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome !!!

So good ! This book was so good from the first page to the last. I loved Steel and Kat ! They were perfect for each other !

As usual Jeanne St. James gave her readers an absolutely fantastic story and charming characters you just can't help but love and want to be together no matter what situation they have to overcome.

If only I could give this book 12 stars .... but 5 flying high stars and my recommendation to grab this must read series will have to do. I can't wait for the next
Cindy
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jeanne St James writes great MC books. Love the stories, the people and the interaction. She keeps up w all the people so I know. Because Im interested...very. Love these books! If you like MC, youll like these. ...more
Leslee
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Steel is a jerk, he would tell you that himself and make no apologies for it. He has his demons; life is a battle and no one gets out alive. Luckily, he has his family in the Shadows and he can always count on them. A job came in and he drew the short straw. Diesel sends him off to protect a female athlete until her stalker is caught. When he lays eyes on Kat, its like someone took the perfect woman for him and delivered her right into his lap. An MMA fighter, Kat is focused on winning, on being ...more
Lynne
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Humorous, Brick & Kats story was a bit of everything. She entrusted him to keep her safe and shared a secret with him he helped her work through. Steel is a fitness junkie & thought he was being sent to babysit a gymnast, skater, etc so he was seriously shocked & turned on when he saw Kat. These 2 are so much alike, they just fit. I laughed, wanted to hit him, throw ice water on him & shake him to his senses. Throughly enjoyed this book, looking forward to Bricks story.
Dmd
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it totally

Steel and Kat definitely belong together. Theyre just alike. I thought the stalker part of this story was weak though. I mean he was a nobody. No shock on that part. Also I neer really got the toothpick part. I think there should have been more to that. I love the series so I will continue but this wasnt the best one in the series.
Gretchen
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Just didnt really like either of the main characters. Good plot, good writing. Must just be me. ...more
Robin
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brash, sarcastic, possessive, confident, charming and witty are some of the adjectives to describe Steel. He is content to be free and not tied down by anyone but his job as a Shadow. When Diesel picks him to be a bodyguard for a woman who is being stalked because he is single and not tied down, he is not thrilled. Steel reluctantly goes to Boulder City to meet with his client, and he is surprised in that she is nothing like he pictured. Kat is a MMA fighter who is on a mission to prove that she ...more
Cris
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Jeanne St. James Guts & Glory Series, her In The Shadows guys are amazing! Ive also been waiting, somewhat patiently, for Steels book and Im happy to say he was worth the wait. Steel is the clown of the In The Shadows brotherhood. Always the first to have a sarcastic remark and to aggravate everyone in the group. He has tortured every one of his friends as theyve fallen hard for their significant others so to see it happen to him is hilarious. Oh and he doesnt just fall for ...more
Donna Smith
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jeanne St James has proven to be a versital writer. This series has had me on tje edge of my seat for every book. I have seen the men of this brotherhood fall in love reluctantly each time but the women have been a stronger choice for each of them. Steel is slightly different. His woman (Kat would cringe at that reference) is the strongest physically of all of them. She is an MMA fighter and has no use for a man to tie her down. She left that life when she left home. Kat is independent more so ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Batta (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs #4)
  • Prospect (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis #8)
  • Gabe and Ian (Savage Kings MC Book 11)
  • Scooter (Cerberus MC #11)
  • Tied (Reckless MC Opey Texas Chapter Book 5)
  • Joy (Hell's Handlers MC #7)
  • CHAINS: Night Rebels Motorcycle Club (Night Rebels MC Romance Book 8)
  • Rogue (The Black Cobras MC #1)
  • Rider (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #7)
  • Brinks (Fallen Lords MC #9)
  • Nova (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana, #3)
  • Valentine's with the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle Book 7)
  • Cedric (Savage Kings MC Book 12)
  • Cooper (Savage Kings MC #10)
  • Hades Pain (Devils Riot MC #6)
  • Kaden (Knights Corruption MC - Next Generation, #1)
  • Savior (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 3)
  • Forgiveness: A Lords of Carnage MC Christmas
JEANNE ST. JAMES is a USA Today bestselling romance author who loves an alpha male (or two). She was only thirteen when she started writing. Her first paid published piece was an erotic story in Playgirl magazine. Her first erotic romance novel, Banged Up, was published in 2009. She is happily owned by farting French bulldogs. She writes M/F, M/M, and M/M/F ménages. Want to read a sample of her ...more

In the Shadows Security (6 books)
  • Guts & Glory: Mercy (In the Shadows Security, #1)
  • Guts & Glory: Ryder (In the Shadows Security, #2)
  • Guts & Glory: Hunter (In the Shadows Security, #3)
  • Guts & Glory: Walker (In the Shadows Security, #4)
  • Guts & Glory: Brick (In the Shadows Security, #6)

News & Interviews