Start by marking “My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan” as Want to Read:
My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan

My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan

My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan is the thrilling story of British-Indian World War Two heroine, Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan.

It's 1940 and hundreds of families are being forced to flee Nazi-occupied France. Noor refuses to stand by while Nazi forces invade her home and terrorise her people, so she travels to England and signs up to join the war efforts despite her mother'
Published August 6th 2020 by Scholastic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about My Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Story

Start your review of My Story: Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan
fanna
Aug 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
August 28, 2020: I need to read this because brown. unsung. heroines.
Robin Stevens
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent introduction to Noor, one of my World War II heroes! (8+)

A Severs
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A brilliantly exciting true story told clearly and simply in first person, present tense. Shining a light on a true hero of WW2, this is a story that children should know about as it cleverly sheds light on many aspects of life during the war. A great biographical addition to the wealth of WW2-based stories that are available to children, and one that should be prioritised on the shelves of schools and libraries.
Alex  Baugh
I first learned about Noor Inayat Khan while reading Kathryn Atwood's brilliant YA book Women Heroes of World War II: 26 Stories of Espionage, Sabotage, Resistance and Rescue. Noor's WWII experiences as a radio operator for Winston Churchill's SOE (Special Operations Executive) is now made more accessible for younger readers with Sufiya Ahmen's excellent fictional biography.
Noor was an unusual yet totally logical choice for the SOE. She was born in Moscow, Russia to a white American mother and a
Julie Responsibly
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Got this for my daughter (age 9) who stayed up until long after we went to bed so she could finish it and then insisted I read it too. It was a real page-turner and interesting to read the story of a real female spy risking it all behind enemy lines during WWII after reading a couple of fictionalized accounts (let's just say real life was a bit sloppier - sure you can get to know all the spies in your network, where's the danger in that?!). It's a wonder they weren't all betrayed. I have a feeli ...more
Abigail
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book, it was given to my son at school and as he had explained it so me it was a story I had never heard of I thougt I would read it.

Although a childrens book it was really beautifully written and captured Noor and her obvious intelligence and way with words. It didnt feel like I was reading a childrens story, except towards the end when some obvious brutality is inferred rather than detailed.

An easy but beautiful read, which I recommend to adults and children alike.
Mariana Mouzinho
added it
Oct 16, 2020

• The Night Bus Hero
  • The Midnight Guardians
  • Tinsel (The Girls Who Invented Christmas)
  • A Kind of Spark
  • The Girls I've Been
  • Invisible Girl
  • Show Us Who You Are
  • Murder on the Safari Star (Adventures on Trains #3)
  • The Boy At the Back of the Class
  • Cemetery Boys
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • Death Sets Sail (Murder Most Unladylike #9)
  • What She Saw (DS Jenna Morgan #3)
  • The Confessions of Frannie Langton
  • Hamnet
  • 82년생 김지영
  • David Attenborough (A Life Story, #5)
  • Tamarind & the Star of Ishta
Sufiya Ahmed was born in India and arrived in the UK as a baby. She lived in Bolton, Lancashire, before moving to London where she still lives. Sufiya has worked in advertising and in the House of Commons, but is now a full-time author. In 2010 Sufiya set up the BIBI Foundation, a non-profit organisation, to arrange visits to the Houses of Parliament for diverse and underprivileged school children ...more

News & Interviews