Start by marking “Mr. Mayfair” as Want to Read:
Mr. Mayfair

Mr. Mayfair

(The Mister Series #1)

It should be the most shocking news I’d ever gotten—My boyfriend is getting married.

Okay, technically he’s my ex-boyfriend. Two months ago he decided he wanted a break. I still thought he was my happily ever after.

On any other day, knowing he was gone for good would be the worst thing that could possibly happen.

But not today.

Because not only is my boyfriend getting married
Published October 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Mayfair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Mayfair

Start your review of Mr. Mayfair
Dilek VT
Mar 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
The heroine Stella is one of those dumb girls who sacrificed a lot for her relationship of 7 years with her ex-boyfriend. She quit her dream job, she prioritized his needs before hers etc. Although she was an interior designer, he didn’t even let her design the house they were living, it was all in his taste and she was OK with it all. She was looking forward to getting married to him. After she waited for him for 7 years to propose, he just broke up with her and 3 months later, he got married t ...more
Michele McMullen
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
So in love with this couple ! Louise has once again knocked this one out of the RomCom Park. Get ready for Stella and Beck . You are going to tag along as they become a fake couple to each get what they want. They are to be guests at Stella's ex boyfriend and ex best friends wedding ...yes for Real! Why even go to such a circus ? Well Stella has been walked on way to many times and Beck needs to connect with a guest at this shindig . The journey leading up to the wedding is priceless these two f ...more
Louise Bay
Sep 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Your boyfriend betrays you with your best friend. What would it take to make you go to their wedding?

Check, check and check.

Mr. Mayfair, my brand new standalone, fake relationship romance, is now available!!

Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Louise Bay Fans, Romance
5 Only Louise Bay Perfection Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
I Am in Awe of Louise Bay. Whenever I start a book by her, I lose sleep happily and Mr. Mayfair is another story that captured me, took me on an amazing journey of self-discovery, caring and enough humor and sexy times to keep me awake during the twilight hours!

When you have a woman who is trying to come to terms with a "break" from their relationship...and still thinking it has a chance of being For Real...receives a wedding invitation tw
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
5 STARS

Another favorite from a favorite author! Mr. Mayfair is fresh, fun, and flirty! The characters, storyline, and writing checked all my required boxes. I was completely engrossed from start to finish and thoroughly entertained! Highly recommended.

Here’s what you need to know:
Stella is such a freaking sweetheart! A people pleaser and amazing friend. I could totally hang out and see the sights in London with her. I felt so much for her. I feel like she embodies so many fantastic characteristi
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, truth? This is my first book by this author, but in no way is she new, I’ve heard raving reviews about her work, and I kept saying “she’s my next read” and as it happens, I kept getting swamped with a million other things to read, and now I’m kicking myself that I hadn’t started soon... Mr Mayfair was something else. I went into this book expecting one thing and got the complete opposite, and in no way am I disappointed in that.

Stella and Beck’s story was nothing short of amazing and adorabl
Melissa B (bookaddict_fanatic)
Louise has done it again, written a book that was absolutely UNPUTDOWNABLE!! I LOVE fake relationship tropes and this one had me hanging onto every word of this sexy, sassy, swoon-worthy read. Beck and Stella were fun, witty, loveable......I didn't want their story to end but I'm so excited that there will be more to come from their friends!
Meghan March

Check, check and check.

Mr. Mayfair, a brand new standalone, fake relationship romance by USA Today Bestselling Author Louise Bay, is now available!!

Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-2019
I just finished this, and I'm still smiling.

I adored Beck and Stella.

So much about this book is the fairy tale/perfect romance. It's got rich, attractive men, villains, and Scottish castles complete with picnics make you feel like you are reading a fairy tale.

But it also feels real, and like it could happen. Like the situation is real, like the people had reasons for behaving as they do, and that they are real.

I love that Beck and Stella both genuinely care about one another, enough to help th
Sentranced Jem
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019
MrMayfair_Teaser5.jpg

I have read my fair share of books with the whole "Fake Relationship" trope. They are always a fun and an easy going read but I think it can become rather repetitive.
Luckily with Mr.Mayfair , Louise Bay knocked it out of the park.
I enjoyed every moment of it. I loved the banter between Beck and Stella.

MrMayfair_Teaser6.jpg

Stella was funny and feisty. She was unselfish, modest and absolutely wonderful.
Beck aka Mr. tall, dark and handsome was charming, generous and had a heart of gold.
These two couldn't be more perf
L.J. Shen

Stacey is Sassy
The sacrifices we make...

Kind of spoilery, please proceed with caution.

While I enjoyed listening to Mr Mayfair, I also realised that parts of it drove me completely bonkers.

-HOW CAN YOU BE WITH A MAN FOR 7 YEARS AND NOT KNOW HE'S A COMPLETE AND UTTER DOUCHEWAFFLE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS???

- WHY WOULD YOU PUT UP WITH SUCH A SELF-CENTRED B-I-T-C-H FOR A BEST FRIEND?

Stella just seemed pretty silly and a complete walkover to me. She sacrifices her newly established career for a man who she now admits,
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW***

5 FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU WANT CROWNS

I absolutely adored this novel from beginning to end. It was light fun, uber-steamy, and I just loved the banter and chemistry between the hero and heroine.

Beck is just fantastic. There wasn't a part of his character that I didn't love. He is protective when he needs to be, supportive of the heroine instead of taking over, and he is a bit vulnerable behind the whole playboy facade. He is without one of my favorite Louise Bay heroes.

I actually re
Rachel Dyken

AJ's book-reMarks
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when your boyfriend (ex) is getting married to your best friend and you are invited to the wedding? Well, that's one way to find out that you are never, ever getting back together! Two months ago Stella London was under the impression that Matthew just needed some time with all the changes that were happening, his new job, their current move into London, right? That was until the wedding invitation was received and she found out that Matthew and Karen were getting married! Karen her ...more
Bibliophile  Chloe
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I wish I could be in one of Ms. Bay's books!

She writes about England and Scotland so beautifully, and with the knowledge that Americans are reading it too.  There is English slang, but it's easy to pick up on. I even felt a right bit smarter after reading it!

So this is the lovely story of Beck and Stella. Two folks that need the other in a bit of an unorthodox way.  They are both getting what they want out of the deal they struck and then they get so much more.

I was heartbroken for Stella
Naughty Mom Story Time
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
Mr. Mayfair was a phenomenal, unputdownable love story. Beck Wilde and Stella London were such amazing characters. I started this the minute I finished my work day and did nothing else until I finished it in the wee hours of the morning. I was hooked!!

Both characters were SO easy to fall in love with. Beck was a man on a mission and Stella was his way in. No way did he think she’d also make her way into his heart. But there wasn’t anything couldn’t like about her. She totally got under his skin.
Willow Winters

Mahima
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

By the end of the story I had one of my biggest smile ❤️ Now that must have explained all.

The story is so so sweet and romantic.
Stella is innocent and naive enough to waste 7 years on a guy who ended up getting married to her best friend. The nerve.
But to escape the humiliation she had Beck Wilde with her as her fake boyfriend. Ofcourse he had his own reasons to go to the wedding. So that method serves both of their reasons.

They slowly get to know each other. Explored how perfect they were
Tzelina
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a 3.5 to a low 4 for me !! Of course I liked a lot ...I knew it from the start that it will be a safe read! You can feel from the start the end of the book...but as always I really enjoyed Mrs. L. Bay writing!
Michelle
3 Stars
Liked it but didn’t love it.
Love & Lavender Book Review
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Louise Bay freaking nailed this book!! By far her best to date and I loved the rest. Beck and Stella are an incredibly charming couple, mad about each other in the best way!! The fake relationship trope is one of my favorites, Mr. Mayfair is a the top of my list for best in class!!

You are formally invited to the most awkward wedding there ever was. Louise Bay takes the reader on a trip of the road less taken to help a fellow man. Would you go to your ex-boyfriend's wedding to help a stranger la
Sawyer Bennett

flavia
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆

Everyone who knows me at this point knows that I am totally obsessed over the fake-dating trope, it is one of my favorites tropes and I enjoy reading about it so much. That being said, it is one of the reasons why I picked this book by Louise Bay. I want to say that I never read anything written by this author before but I am definitely excited to check out her other books.

Stella finds herself with the invitation to her ex’s wedding, Matthew, who turns out is marrying her ex best friend, Kar
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h: Stella is 26 and I would guess Beck is in his early 30s?
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Jessica Hawkins

Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Sophisticated and eloquent writing!
Beck and Stella were EVERYTHING! I truly felt like this was so real and genuine. I hated finishing this one.
I’m a sucker for feel good, fake relationship romance.
Bring on Dexter!
Ending~ 5/5
Book Cover~ Art
Rebecca
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve read quite a few romance novels in the fake relationship trope, but I don’t recall hardly any having the twist that Louise Bay’s newest release, Mr. Mayfair, takes on this type of story. And to be honest, I wasn’t sure how everything would play out given the fact that Bay’s heroine, Stella, agreed to a deal with hero, Beck Wilde, that would place her at the wedding of her ex-boyfriend and her best friend.

I truly don’t know if I would have been able to attend my ex’s and best friend’s weddi
Tanya Jarvis

Louise Bay you never disappoint! I’ve read enough LB books at this point to expect a rich hero who has never been tied down by a woman before and the woman who manages to worm her way into his life and heart and he falls hard. And this book was no exception.

Stella London (26) just found out she’s invited to a week-long wedding in Scotland. Who is getting married? Her ex-boyfriend of 7 years who she thought they were only on a break. But wait - he’s marrying her best friend that she’s k

• Inappropriate
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Rivals
  • Ruthless
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Money Man (King Maker, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • My Big, Fat, Fake Wedding
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Viral
  • Forever and All the Afters
USA Today bestselling author, Louise Bay writes sexy, contemporary romance novels - the kind she likes to read. Her next release will be Mr. Knightsbridge on July 7th.

Ruined by bonk-busters and sexy mini-series of the eighties Louise loves all things sexy and romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so she disappears into the fictional worlds in books and films.

Louise loves the rain, the We

The Mister Series (2 books)
  • Mr. Knightsbridge

News & Interviews

“Finally, you're going to do what's best for you, rather than what's best for Matt, your friends, and even me.” 0 likes