Start by marking “Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters (The Kapoor Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters (The Kapoor Brothers, #1)

Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters

(The Kapoor Brothers #1)

She believes in love, family and…squiggles!

Alisha Rana is not your typical single desi girl. For one, she is on the wrong side of 30. For another, she is divorced. And last but definitely not least, she is still, gasp, a virgin!

Alisha doesn’t want much. But what she does want is that elusive thing all women search for – A man who gets her…but a man who gets her hot! Sh
Published April 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters

Start your review of Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters (The Kapoor Brothers, #1)
Kavita
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love, Marriage and other disasters by Shilpa Suraj is one book that I have read in one sitting straight. This has happened to me after a really long time.

The cover is bright and beautiful and the title is so apt for all the things that happen in the book.

Alisha is a beautiful, mature and independent minded girl. She is on the wrong side of thirty and to top it all is a divorcee. Her parents are very loving, open minded and cool with her decisions and choices in life.

What goes wrong in her lif
Inderpreet Uppal
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shilpa Suraj has the pulse of love, heartbreak and the elusive 'squiggle' in her latest book.

Another gem that is an emotional yet fulfilling read. LMAOD is celebrates and cherishes love.

In Vivan's character, we see a good man yet again.

Arjun needs his own second chance romance.

Alicia is a lot of us strong women in this unforgiving world.

Excellent characterisation, lovely families and fast storyline echo our hectic lives perfectly.

LMAOD is a must read for all romance lovers.
Reet Singh
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shilpa creates the cutest, maddest families, and the most adorable men, and female protagonists who are strong but soft, so yeah! Lots of drama in this one, too, with a sweet romance that curls your toes. Poor Alisha had to put up with a lot of crazy men (a parade of them - surreal) before she found the right one - and what an adorable one she eventually settles for. Not giving away which one she chooses - find out for yourself.
Arti
As soon as I saw the cover, I fell in love with the book. And the blurb, it talks about a girl who believes in squiggles.
The characters are realistic and relatable, I felt for Alisha and all that she has to go through just because of her age and marital status. I loved her family and Alisha’s relationship with her parents and relatives. She is someone we meet day in and day out. The boys, Vivaan, Arav and Arjun, are they real? So understanding and supportive. And the family dynamics are also ver
Vash Karuppa
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as part of an ARC review. This was one of the best books I have read by amazing author Shilpa Suraj. I honestly couldn't put it down until I finished it. It is a compelling account of societal topics we often deem as taboo and I applaud Shilpa for the admirable manner in which she highlighted these issues.

I loved the portrayal of Alisha as an independent, strong-willed and affectionate person. Despite being victim to previous hardships like divorce and the opinions of socie
Shraddha Gupta
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is a peculiar time for true love to knock on our heart’s door. It didn’t happen with Alisha when she was married. Love came about to her after she got divorced but with many hills and plateaus on the way.

When she was still struggling with her post-divorce trauma, life has dragged her once again into confusion, happiness, sadness, all together at once. She was torn between Vivaan and Arjun.

Both are handsome, cute, hot, and nice. What happens next and next and further next?

Well! Love, Marria
Kavita
My Take:

A story of love, longing,emotions and her choice. What and whom Alisha would choose forms the crux of the story.

Alisha is a fiesty lady who has seen a lot in her life in her 30 years of life. Tagged as a divorcee and without knowing her story people around her are quick to assume and form a opinion about her. She has learned to live with this thanks to her parents uncoditional support and no questions asked belief in her. She has learnt to bottle up her emotions and keep it hidden and is
Chitra Iyer
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hey guys! Today, I have a review of a breezy romance for you. Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters by Shilpa Suraj is a quick read that is sure to refresh you in these testing times. So, let me get straight to the review without rambling much.

What I Liked

I loved that it was not an ‘easy’ story. You know the kind stuffed with amateur love. This book has some serious romance going on and some serious emotions at play. That’s what makes it interesting.

The writing style is free-flowing and since it i
Samee
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
What happens when you are 30 and not married, or divorced, or for that matter, one who hasn't achieved much professionally. Who is anyone to decide if one has achieved something or not? It a personal choice to determine the limits on whether or not one is successful or satisfied.
The societal pressures are too time and energy-consuming. The need to showcase that everything's going according to the year's old beliefs is very disheartening, especially when you are not whole-heartedly doing it.
Can
Nilofar Yasmin
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
"To her father she wasn’t settled because she wasn’t one half of a pair. Like she was a freaking swan or something. Was it swans or lobsters that always lived in pairs? She bet even they would rather be alone sometimes."
Alisha, a divorcee in her 30s is independent and live her life with full enthusiasm. She doesnt beleive in typical marriage and settle as a housewife. Rather she wants a spark with someone who can easily tune with her as something she calls as squiggle.
In a family gathering, en
Geeta Nair
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Life for a divorcee can be quite taxing especially in a conservative society like the Indian one. However, if you have an understanding family half the battle is won. Alisha Rana the protagonist of Shilpa Suraj’s latest book ‘Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters’ is a divorcee on the wrong side of thirty. Having gone through hell in her arranged marriage Alisha is now not ready to settle down with anyone unless she feels the ‘squiggle.’ So what is this all- elusive ‘squiggle?’ :) Well, it is that ...more
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it

I have never been overly fond of love triangles in stories, so whenever a blurb indicates a love triangle, I usually stay away. But I am so glad that I made an exception for this book!

Because this was a super sweet, charming, yet intensely emotional love story that gave me all the feels!!

And even the love triangle was so well done, that I am starting to feel that I only dislike poorly done, overly dramatic love triangles. Because I really don't mind them when they flow naturally, and a
Gunjan Mittal
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters by Shilpa Suraj is a simple love story which has a strong message to the society. The author has spoken about a few topics which are considered as a taboo in our society and I totally loved the way the author has spoken about these issues.

This is a story of Alisha, who is still struggling with her post-divorce trauma. She has seen a lot in just 30 years of her life. Her parents are her support system, who have always stood by her and supported her.

Read the co
Ruchi Singh
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alisha is a confident professional who knows her priorities and has her feet grounded. Vivaan too is a no nonsense man who has the hots for Alisha. Loved the affection and chemistry between the two, which at times was quite emotional, a hallmark of Shipa's style.

In 'Love, Marriage...' author has addressed a very important issue typically faced by single women in India. The emotions around the social malaise has been well thrashed out, leaving a satisfied reader. Was floored with the characteriza
Shae
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Rating: 4.5

This is my first time reading any work by Shilpa Suraj and it was quite good. I will be reading more books by her.

It is a romance, yes it is sweet with wonderful characters who well developed. However, this book goes further than just that. It gave an insight into Indian culture and the many family dynamics that can occur in arranged marriages.

The main character is a strong woman who has a been through quite a bit in her young life so sometimes she can be a jaded but she i
Vishal
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first time reading Shilpa Suraj and what an explosive love cocktail totally blowing the mind. The writing is sensuous, compelling what stuff romance is made of. Absolute delightful, cheeky lines and love couldn't get more real. She casts a spell on the readers and page-turner with each and every character in the book moving with speed. Love, Marriage and Other Disasters is the perfect bestseller stuff. Go and grab your copy fast. ...more
A.
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Being a divorcee is always a stigma which the Indian women have to bear. they bear the brunt even though sometimes for no fault of theirs. Love, Marriage, and Other Disasters is a story of Alisha who is trying to rebuild her life. The twists and turns in the plot makes it an interesting read. Loved reading Shilpa's work, and I recommend all to read the book as author has covered the anguish of a divorcee Indian lady in very commendable way. ...more
Nithya K
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A second chance at pure love? Grab it, says Shilpa

A gutsy, passionate and feel good book about Alisha and Vivaan.

A traumatic past follows beautiful Alisha. Vivaan falls for the long legged beauty and confesses his feelings to her knowing well what her answer would be. A passionate love story of following one's heart and leaving the past behind. Alisha takes a while but finally decides to do what makes her happy. A lovely read. Felt really happy after finishing the book.
Ankita
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once started you just can't put it down...a story about failed marriage, taking second chances with love,social taboos,narrow mindness, people who try to take advantage of people and there are supportive parents and progressive men...and then there are fun moments too....a must read. ...more
Avishek Gupta
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet love story

This is a very sweet novel about a second chance romance. I enjoyed reading this book and I liked the character of Alisha very much.
Rishi Vohra
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful tale with well-etched characters, this is one of those books that keeps you engaged right from the word go! Love the author’s sense of humor and easy style of writing!
Reha Chakroborty
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick read for a lazy day that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy.
Angela Peixoto
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An unputdownable book by the author where all the feelings are beautifully described. A hot seller without doubt.
Nikita Jhanglani
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked everything about this book. That’s really all, because it has a great story, great characters, pretty much everything that is needed to keep a reader invested in the story and make it worth their time. What takes the cake though is the squiggle. The feeling finally has a name, something that was long overdue (long overdue is an intentional use of the phrase and not a grammar error, please note). Alisha’s post-divorce trauma, her struggle to not be too hard on herself, her guilt when she ...more
Pratibha Pandey
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
A very realistic and appropriate story of love & marriage as perceived through society's glasses and how it shapes our own choices ...more
Meenal Vardan
rated it it was ok
May 24, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Her Undercover Boss
  • Living on the Edge: An Indian Billionaire romance (The Sehgal Saga (Family & Friends) Book 4)
  • Unsuitable Husband
  • My Difficult Love: Happily Ever After Sensuous Romance (1)
  • Marriage Jitters (Accidental Marriage Series Book 1)
  • Crash in Love: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Love Unexpected
  • Love, Lies and Games
  • Her Temporary Husband
  • Falling for Cinderella: An Indian Billionaire Romance
  • The Devil’s Kiss
  • The Passionate Princess: A Historical Romance (The Princess Series #1)
  • The Bride's Brother: A Passionate Romance
  • Mr & Mrs Sehgal (Mr & Mrs Series Book 1)
  • A Secret She Carried: (A Wattpad Novel)
  • Locked Out
  • Dr. Heartquaker
  • The Devil’s Love: A Dark Romance

The Kapoor Brothers (3 books)
  • Love, Truth, and Taking Chances (The Kapoor Brothers, #2)
  • Love, Scandal, and Second Chances (The Kapoor Brothers #3)

News & Interviews

“You are my light, Vivaan. The light I’d forgotten could exist. The light I’d forgotten I needed.” 0 likes