Start by marking “Shadow Master (The Nightwatch Academy #4)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Master (The Nightwatch Academy #4)

Shadow Master

(The Nightwatch Academy #4)

The tide has turned, and chaos hovers on the horizon.

There can be no looking back. There can be no second guessing, because the lives that matter most to me are on the line.

No one gets left behind.
It's time to walk into the storm.

The Vampire Academy meets Game of Thrones in this kick-ass, supernatural academy, Urban Fantasy with a slow burn Why Choose Romance.
Published January 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Master, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Master

Start your review of Shadow Master (The Nightwatch Academy #4)
Mara
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I read the whole series in one go. It started strong, but unfortunately went down hill along the books. The harem scenario is always pretty ridiculous. I'm not poly so I need quite a strong story/motivation to believe the romance, and here it was basically unexplained lust. It was purely ridiculous to me, everyone and their uncle fell in lust with her. The most wanted vagina in the world. And all of it in the middle of a catastrophic war to boot.

At the end of the day this is a wish fulfillment s
Marguerite (M)
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars

somewhat disappointed in the turn the harem took but loved the ending -as open ended as it was.
RileyJ
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Debbie Cassidy. I see a new book out, I read it, no hesitation, it's how much I enjoy Cassidy's books.
It's not that they're perfect or anything but they're just so damn much fun. This one however, I feel conflicted about.
I was fun for sure but it felt so so rushed. That's not the first time that's happened in the last installement of one of her series. For The Blood's last book had the same issue (fortunately it had an additional book so it resolved that problem).
But that's not the thing
Camila
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
First of all...

I WAS TEAM LLOYD. WHY COULDN’T HE BE IN THE HAREM? WHY?.
*dramatic tantrum*

*claims cool and calm demeanor*

I simply don’t understand.

This book was like a bad quickie with some sorry-dicked dude in the bathroom of the mediocre club on a Friday night when all you wanted was Prince Charming and HEAPS of romance on a petal colored bed WITH four posters on an exotic getaway vacation.

Yeah.

Hyde: I seriously lost interest in this back and forth bullshit they had going on but yet.. he made
Tiera McMillian
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
While I did really enjoy the conclusion of this series, I am a little irritated that all my questions weren't answered at the end. Honestly, the author left it open ended in order to possibly make more books with these characters and I see that there is already a novella, For the Love of Justice, out to explain how we didn't quite end up with our HEA. That in itself didn't bother me as much as some of the loose ends with the actual story line.

#1: Why does everyone think the Fomorians are the ba
Soph
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is the last I’m this series. It has a few loose ends but the nightwatch series continues in the story from the mortal realm end. Justice is an alpha female MC, she is written as a leader. I got a little lost with the magical aspects towards the end but over all a very well written ending.

The development of justice is so evident throughout all the books, she comes into her own and it’s brilliant to see a kick arse UF MC who is not afraid to be the leader and think with her head and make
Rhiannon Chillingworth
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brilliant ending to the series.

You always know what you're going to get with Debbie, and that is a damned good action packed, kick ass urban fantasy read, with a RH bonus on the side.

Indigo has a lot on her plate and I loved seeing her step up, kick ass and take charge. Her growth from the start of book 1 has been excellent. She is also refreshingly doesn't run around making stupid decision, like you see with a lot of heroines, and thinks with her head here a lot.

What I was the most delighted ab
Debbie Cassidy
Jan 03, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
3 days left!

Blendy
Ugh. What is up with all these annoying end of series books?? Why have the last few that I've read left me with more questions than answers and super unsatisfied?? Ahem, ahem...HARMON!!!! ...more
Mae
4.25 stars!

I was thoroughly entertained. Great plot, it was action packed, suspenseful and kept me turning the pages. The heroine and her harem had amazing chemistry. The team work was strong, I felt "the dream work". The heroine herself was a superstar, witty, passionate, sensible, a fighter, a realist, and her character growth was A+. The supporting characters did their job. Looking forward to reading more from Debbie Cassidy.
Dallass
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, that was quite the ending.

Really enjoyed this. Very fast paced and action packed with real consequences for the characters. Found Indigos overall character arc to be quite fitting as she goes from the unwanted child to a leader. Orion was quite the dark horse, and Indigos growing stable of men was unexpected. Hyde was still moody, and I think Brady was the best fit for our leading lady.

Quite a few twists that really took the story in a few unexpected places, but overall a solid series that
Prerana
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh my god I don't know what to do with this book. Or myself.

I absolutely never thought that I would enjoy reading an entire series that was this focused on a reverse harem, but here I am.

Indigo is literally out here juggling four guys (or more?) and I cannot even be mad about it. Yeah, I've taken off a star every time for Archer Hyde, because come the fuck on, he is not the move. But this is so entertaining. (view spoiler)
Brittany Smith
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Cassidy has quite quickly become one of my favorite authors to read! She writes amazing FC that think with their head and they can take charge- Justice is definitely not a shrinking violet in this series!

At long last we finally see the ending we want for Justice and her boys! The plot does thicken and the action never stops in this book. The characters are thrown another set of trials in this installment and to see how they get on and work through it together is quite extraordinary. The d
Missy Brown
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Master is the final book in the Nightwatch Academy. I was very much looking forward to this book, not because it was the last one in this series, but because of the cliffhanger of the last book. I had to know what happened next. And oh boy what an ending. As always Debbie had me on the edge of my seat with her writing style, the pace of the story and her ability to make her words seem like watching a movie play out.

A lot of things happen here, the past is exposed and Debbie does an excell
Tara Syrnyk
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet another completely captivating book by Debbie! We saw an incredible amount of growth in the FMC Indigo. She is handed a lot of responsibility and she takes it in stride. Her relationships really grow as well and it was heartwarming to see. I still need answers when it comes to Harmon so I really hope we see more of this crew! As always with Debbie, plenty of action and drama, mystery and steam that flows well and reads at a comfortable pace. Most loose ends were tied up, but there were a fe ...more
Amber
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a way to go out with a bang! This was such an amazing conclusion to a great series. This book had you on the edge of your seat right from the beginning and didn't let up. The only thing I would change is the issue with Harmon. I hate the way it ending for him and I hope that he will get a happy ending at some point. ...more
Debbie Eyre
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has been a great series, one that once I started I just could not put down and this is an epic finale! Carrying on from book 3 this action packed tale has a fantastic storyline as we continue to follow Indigo to step up and make some tough decisions. Tons of action and excitement , danger and fighting, romance and some hot and steamy scenes and I’m very sorry this has come to an end!
Linda
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sydney
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 You All Along Stars

Shadow Master is the fourth installment in The Nightwatch Academy series by Debbie Cassidy.

Such a prolific battle feels shackled in the pages of only book. The resolution and final measures felt somewhat rushed. And Indigo’s war-ending miracle lacked finesse. There was no build up to that point, just poof extra magical snowflake.

The whole situation with Lugh and Brady was a very interesting addition to their groups structure. It’s feels particularly vital to learn more an
Nereid
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable series

I really liked this series and read all the books in a couple of days. The characters were engaging and relatable. This book had the typical sexual component of multiple partners which is not really my thing but I was interested in the story and the way the author draws you into their world of magic and mayhem. Indigo was such a great lead character, tough yet damaged by parents who didn't love her. She was so resilient and defiant, not backing down from a fight so the Shadow ca
Perks Of Being A Fangirl

It was an amazing conclusion for the end of the series!

The final showdown was intense, thrilling and action packed. I loved it so much, creating new alliances and finding out the truth. It was a rollercoaster adventure. Indie has grown so much since the first book, the plots had it's deviation over the series but ultimately, it returns to the original plot.

There were a few holes in the plot where I wanted a better conclusion like Payne, Minnie and Harper, weaver community etc. However, if loo
Jennifer Soppe
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling conclusion

Justice, fast tracked Shadow cadet, is reeling from the events that occurred at the end of Shadow Warrior and attempting to maintain calm. As the story progresses small seeds are planted, the true history is revealed, and unconventional ways jut might save the day. Debbie Cassidy’s final installment to her Nightwatch Academy series is a thrilling conclusion well worth reading. In this book Justice gets her happy ending in a why choose fashion, but there is still plenty of r
Nerdy Housewifey
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why you gonna do me like this Debbie??? Here i was thinking this was the end but noooooooooo now i have to wait for Justice's Novella that comes out to get my full closure..... I just don't know Debbie maybe you and I can't be friends anymore, stuck in quarantine, it's my birthday and here I am depressed because I didn't get my pretty bow. i'm still gonna give you 5 stars because you write to my soul but i'm gonna be a little saucy about it.. ...more
Michele Bobbyn hayward
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Indigo rocks!

Excellent world building, excellent character presentation. Indi is strong and very likable. I must say this was my first time reading a reverse harem book, I’m not a fan at all and I did struggle a bit but I finished the series and if this style of book is your thing then this series is for you because I’m sure it’s one of the best series out there in this style. Even though I’m not a fan I can still recognize good writing.
T.
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-ultd
Shadow Master, the fourth book of the Nightwatch Academy series, is a book I picked up through Kindle Unlimited. I had a problem in the beginning about the overall premise behind this book-- a young woman becoming the next Shadow Master. Just like some of the characters, I didn't think she'd shown the maturity or patience for the job. But, the author made me a believer--and I liked the way the story unfolded. Well done. ...more
Michele Evans
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome ending to another awesome series!

In this book, Indigo leads the Shadow Cadets and soldiers against the Fir Bolg, the threat coming from the other side of the mist. Much is revealed and there are shockers and lots of kicking butt on the battlefield and hot scenes between Indigo and her men. Loved the ending, and a great lead in to another series in this world, The Nightwatch.
Hannah Brooker
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gutted it came to an end!

What an amazing fast paced filled adventure this series has been. I loved it from start to finish. I wish Harmon had, had a different outcome. However I loved the amount of action this book and it was refreshing that it wasn't completely centred on indie and her men. They were like a side plot and it was lovely. Totally loved it from start to finish.
Melody Kiernan
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This series is amazing and anyone who reads (that likes RH) it will love it! I'm glad indi and the guys are happy BUT I need to know what happens if her other man will be OK and come back and if they will help the mortal world!
SJ
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Explosive end to a great series. I enjoyed the fact that there was romance but the story was more about the happenings going on. Excitement and drama I really enjoyed reading it and could not put it down.
NinjaCat
« previous 1 3 next »

• Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Shifter Nanny Service; Boxset (Nanny Shifter Service, #1-7)
  • Stone the Crows (The Unsylum, #3)
  • Ascending From Madness (Winterland Tale, #2)
  • Wolf's Fake Bride (Shifter Marriage Service, #1)
  • Bear Mountain Baby (Bear Mountain Shifters, #2)
  • Omega's Daddy (Shifter Marriage Service Book 4)
  • Daddy Wolf's Nanny (Nanny Shifter Service, #3)
  • Dragon Weyr's Omega (Nanny Shifter Service, #7)
  • Bear Pack's Nanny (Nanny Shifter Service #5)
  • Daddy Dragon (Nanny Shifter Service, #1)
  • Bear Mountain Bride (Bear Mountain Shifters, #1)
  • Bear's Fake Bride (Shifter Marriage Service, #2)
  • Dragon's Virgin Nanny (Nanny Shifter Service Book 4)
  • Daddy Bear (Nanny Shifter Service, #2)
Debbie Cassidy lives in England, Bedfordshire, with her three kids and very supportive husband. Coffee and chocolate biscuits are her writing fuels of choice, and she is still working on getting that perfect tower of solitude built in her back garden. Obsessed with building new worlds and reading about them, she spends her spare time daydreaming and conversing with the characters in her head – in ...more

The Nightwatch Academy (5 books)
  • Shadow Caster (The Nightwatch Academy #1)
  • Shadow Weaver (The Nightwatch Academy #2)
  • Shadow Warrior (The Nightwatch Academy #3)
  • For the Love of Justice

News & Interviews

“When it comes to love and romance, you get bumps in the road. Question is, do you let the bump stop you, or do you ride the fuck over it? Only you can decide if the journey and the effort are worth it.” 1 likes
“He arched a brow. “You don’t want him dead?” I looked across at Abram. “Oh, I do. But it won’t bring Carlo back.” I lowered my blade, and Not-Brady’s blade followed the downward arc. “Besides, there’s a war coming. We’re going to need cannon fodder.” 1 likes