Start by marking “Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer, #10)” as Want to Read:
Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer, #10)

Shatter the Earth

(Cassandra Palmer #10)

Ironically for the time traveling, chief seer of the supernatural world, time has never been on Cassie Palmer’s side. There has always seemed to be too much to learn, too much to master, and never enough hours in a day. But the tables have now turned, and the fluctuating timelines of earth and faerie are diverging, slowing time in faerie relative to earth, and giving human

Published February 5th 2020 by Karen Chance (first published February 4th 2020)

Start your review of Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer, #10)
Aly
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
I really waffled between 3 and 4 stars. I love these characters, but I wish the plot had more of a chance to breathe. I feel like we’re being hurled from one disaster to the next and I would really, really love for the pacing to just slow down in places.

There is SO MUCH happening in these books - a lot of it set up for future arcs - and some streamlining would really help the plots and characters shine.
Bar
3.5

Maybe i ve just read it too fast. Action scenes seemed to really take over the character development because Cassie felt like she took a lot of steps backwards. (Pritkin on the other hand blossoms in their relationship)

I really liked all scenes with (view spoiler). And, duh, every Pritkin scene. They have matching outfits now, how cool is that!? I m so happy Cassie got her own war mage coat! Hopefully she s
Jen Davis
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I struggle writing reviews for this series because the things I love about these books, I love hard every time. My criticisms stay the same. At least you can count on Karen Chance to be consistent.

I will say this, though, stuff happens to progress the larger arc for sure. With Mircea and Pritkin. With the Lover's Knot. With that freaky Jonathan dude. Cassie's Pythian training. Rhea. And the war with the Fae.

My biggest complaint is how so much frenetic action gets jam-packed in these books. Cassi
Christina
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly excited for the next installment! Imminent war on the horizon! Curious to see the side effects/fallout of the Nodo D’Amore, betting it’s going to be interesting. Kinda hoping for an awkward trio time trip to fetch Elena 🤞🏼
Heather♥
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it

I'm a Team Pritkin gal here (oh let me count the ways) and it's always my desire to see Pritkin's scowling face front and center and early on in the stories. So I had to mentally prepare myself that this book might instead have Cassie spending a crap ton of time with Mircea while she helped him time travel back to Romania to find his wife Elena. And I was pretty much OK with that because the reason for said trip would be to reunite Mircea with Elena. So imagine my surprise when, after a
Natari
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Cassie Palmer series is one of those rare books that you can pick up and be transported straight into the adventure. You lose yourself in the characters, the emotions and storyline. Karen Chance continues to amaze and enthrall me with her fun writing style and ability to weave such a complicated multi book spanning plot while keeping one clear and exciting storyline for the book you are in. I have giggled out loud, I have wept, I have been on the edge of my seat And I have been smirking to m ...more
Em
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've waited through three re-reads for this book to come out, and then it flew by! This is one of my favorite paranormal series. I usually laugh so loud while listening to these books.

The only thing wrong here is that I would have liked more Pritkin, but we all knew Mircea would be a manipulative twerp, and Cassie would be busy, so I guess it's understandable. And Fred - argh - and the covens - ugh - and ghosts, so so many ghosts.

It's a wild ride and you should definitely take it!
Just Josie
Jun 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
🧡 IS IT SOON DECEMBER!!! I WANT THIS BABY!!!🧡
Piseog
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
How can you both love and hate a series so much. Okay, hate is a strong word, but immensely frustrated is how I was feeling with this book. Lately I am always more excited for what could be in the next book (hoping) than reading the actual book. I guess the anticipation built it up and unfortunately it kinda let me down. Why does Karen Chance refuse to give those fans that waited 8 books for Pritkin and Cassie to become a thing any happiness? We still get more Mircea than Pritkin, and the triang ...more
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
5/10: Finished the book and it was above average.

Jet lag had nothing on time lag, let me tell you.

So, I wasn't sure I would pick this one up. After the last two in the series, let's just say, I was disillusioned.

But this is the Cassie Palmer series. One of my all-time favourite vampire series. I have been Team Mircea all the way back from book one and haven't changed camp since. Vamps for me, baby!

Which might explain why I'm getting turned off by these later instalments.

But this is the Cassie Pa
Rhiannon Chillingworth
I am too afraid to pick this up, and there are hardly any review that give any sort of detail to make me decide.

I can't stand Mercia. I want to repeatedly smash his head into a wall. If this book is Cassie running around in the past with him to do the thing he's been manipulating her for throughout the series, then I don't want to put myself through it.

I pretty much read for Pritkin now. If he's barely in this, like the last book, then I may well just not bother.

I would not be at all surprised i
Kimi5564
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow ... what a ride. I really needed a dose of Cassie and Pritikin, and this was more than I could have hoped for! The storylines that developed on the periphery as Cassie, Mircea and Pritikin, and ... navigated the war ... just masterful!! I don't know how Karen Chance comes up with these worlds, but she's incredible. So many characters, so many personalities, so many backstories, so many worlds and illusions; I don't know how she ever sleeps! I loved what I think was the perfect segu ...more
LexiLikesLiterature
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it
A Schizophrenic Clairvoyant afraid of her own shadow" - Cassie

What Book Goddess did I anger? Why must I be plagued with these spineless, cry baby, indecisive, female leads???

We are in book 10.... BOOK TEN !!! Yet, Cassie Palmer is still the same Book 1 Cassie.

Please Book Goddess... Let this Cassi grow! 🙏🏽
Debrac2014
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I usually find Dory's stories more enjoyable than Cassie's but this one hit the spot for me! Action packed fun, maybe a bit too frantic at times, but Cassie has come into her powers! ...more
Margaux
Jul 29, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

400+ pages, and it seems like nothing happened. The war still isn’t over, major plot lines aren’t resolved, and Cassie and Pritkin’s relationship didn’t progress. I can’t believe that only 5 months have passed since the beginning of this series and we’re already on book 10! I guess it makes sense, because as action-packed as these books are, nothing of real substance ever happens.

My favorite part of this series, though, and why I keep reading it, was the humor and the teaming up of C
Marielle Authier
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Still many fights, though in this installment there was more character development, which was nice. I wish it was Cassie doing the development, but I guess she isn't there yet!
Also the cliffhanger ending ...... I could have done without it. The book would have been better without that section of the epilogue.
Aira
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
will be rereading because A LOT happened, so a moment is needed
Catherine Jenkins
Always fantastic

Karen writes action like no one else I've ever read. Reading her books is almost like being in a blockbuster movie. I love every second and usually finish them over the course of a day and a half.
Jen
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, ebook, own
Fabulous

Wow! Just wow. Every book in the series keeps getting better and better. This book had so much growth and development from so many characters. This is one of my favorite series.
Sami
Oh My God

What can I say but yet another truly awesome book in the Cassie Planet series. Seriously, thank you My Chance.
Ileana
Another awesome Cassandra Palmer book

Loved it! Reading a Karen Chance book is always like a thrilling fun ride! I highly recommend this addition to the Cassandra Palmer series.
Kathy Davie
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Tenth in the Cassandra Palmer urban fantasy series and revolving around an unwanted Pythia who's learning on the job. The focus is on Cassie, the new Pythia (for the past six months); a powerful gorgeous vampire, Mircea Basarab; and a half-incubus/part-human/part-fae — and very scary war mage — John Pritkin.

My Take
Trust — a really big deal for Cassie and Pritkin — is the underlying issue.
"Two guarded, mentally messed up people who had long ago learned to hide their hearts away, finally daring to
Elishia
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

This was an other fast pased, keep you guessing addition to the series. I am excited for the next book
Paula Patience
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
War is a witch of a time

As with all of its predecessors, this Cassie book raced along. I was done long before I wanted to be. Lots of favorites make appearances, but you still find solid character growth in the main players. While you do get a concrete ending to the main plot, there are plenty of loose threads to flow into the next book--which never comes soon enough!

That's the positive.

I do wish Ms. Chance would get an editor. A second set of eyes is always a good thing. And errors like "have"
K
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting addition to the series. Following on from the previous book, it was lovely to see Cassie grow as a character. It was a series of moments needed to evolve the character to the next stage. The book dealt with the consequences of the previous events in the previous stories. It was simultaneously a nice change of pace whilst also maintaining interest right until the end. The emotional depth and relationships between characters was quite well developed. Missed some of the characters bu ...more
Briana Slate
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Someone gifted this to me, and I read it in about a day. As usual, it has laugh out loud moments, a cast of wonderful dynamic characters, and so much adventure. Cassie has come so far from book one, and I love seeing her growth. Will definitely be re-reading this book over and over (let's be honest, I reread all of these books quite often). ...more
leanon
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!!! Thank you ❤❤❤❤❤❤
Judi
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who enjoys Karen Chance's books
If there is one series I will jump on as soon as the next book comes out, Cassie Palmer is it. I know that John Pritkin is probably one of my favorite male leads. I've been so glad she picked him. Mircea has so many issues, not the least of which is his mind going. But regardless of Mircea's shortcomings, it's still fun to have him back with the gang. Having Cassie chase Mircea all over creation is so much fun to follow!

This particular book revolves around the war that's been brewing between ear
Jessica Reads It
Cassie has been through a LOT!!!! Karen Chance has always amazed me with her ability to write a million things in one cohesive enjoyable novel.

Without saying too much, I believe the actions of this book were a long time coming. I have always wondered about the Cassie- Mircea- Pritkin dynamic and how it would resolve itself in such a way where everyone got what they wanted. Karen did an amazing job of paying homage to the essence of love in Mircea-Cassie while paving the way for a new, stronger
E.G. Manetti
I've been a huge fan of this series since the beginning, enjoying Cassie's underdog persona and tenacity. As always, it's is non-stop action punctuated with Cassie's frantic attempts to make sense out of her life and relationships. After the wheel spinning of the last two installments there is finally forward movement in both plot and relationship development including more than one character calling Cassie on her tendency to the play the victim.

I am disappointed that the narrative is going in P
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Karen Chance Fans: Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer #10) 77 144 Sep 10, 2020 11:47AM
Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer #10) 1 4 Nov 07, 2019 09:58PM

• Grave War (Alex Craft, #7)
  • Shimmer (Charley Davidson, #5.5)
  • Nothing More (Landon Gibson, #1)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Filthy Beautiful Lies (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #1)
  • Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #2)
  • High Voltage (Fever, #10)
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • Before (After, #5)
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • No Going Back (The Lily Harper Series Book 6)
  • Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)
  • The Shadow Student (Wraithwood Academy #1)
  • Bite of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
See top shelves…
Karen Chance is the author of two New York Times bestselling series, plus a number of novellas and short stories, all set in the Cassandra Palmer universe. A full-time writer since 2008, she was previously a university history teacher, which comes in handy when writing the time-travel aspect of Cassie’s crazy adventures. She loves Las Vegas, the main setting for her novels, but currently lives in ...more

Cassandra Palmer (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1)
  • Claimed by Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
  • Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4)
  • Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Reap the Wind (Cassandra Palmer, #7)
  • Ride the Storm (Cassandra Palmer, #8)
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Ignite the Fire (Cassandra Palmer, #11)

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...