Start by marking “Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet, #1)

Wolf Lost

(The Wolves of Kismet #1)

An omega on the run.

An alpha fractured.

Sawyer Holt can’t go home. The Alpha who has replaced his father wants to use him as a tool to cement his political power, and Sawyer isn’t interested in marrying his father’s murderer.

Dez Sullivan’s leg may never heal from his last mission in Afghanistan, but he’s getting used to that. What he can’t adapt to are the nightmares
Published September 5th 2019 by Sam Burns

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Lost

Start your review of Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet, #1)
BWT
Read it. Loved it.

A shifter romance with a great take on the Alpha/Beta/Omega dynamic, a fantastic plot, great characters, and it all flowed brilliantly.

Dual third person POV, begins when omega Sawyer stumbles into Kismet Pack territory trying to escape his old pack. Desmond, Ash, and Gavin are three alpha werewolves who used to be green berets, but after a mission that nearly killed them are now out of the military, and opening a coffee shop in Kismet, Colorado.

Dez and Sawyer connect instantly
Cadiva
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's official, there isn't a story Sam Burns can write that I won't fall in love with.

I love it when someone can give me a different take on shifters and with Wolf Lost, I got just that. When Sawyer escapes from his pack, the last thing he's expecting to find is a potential bond mate and a new place to call home but when he and disabled army veteran Dez meet, that's just what happens.

There wasn't a bit I didn't like about this new world that Sam's built for her shifters. Wolf society is old fas
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This review is for all three The Wolves of Kismet books. I read all of them in the span of 48 hours and had a massive book hangover once I left the Kismet Wolves world behind.

Gavin, Asher, and Dez are not your typical werewolves. They're combat veterans, kind and benevolent; three alphas ruling together and not sticking to the old-school thinking that omegas are inferior and alphas are gods.

The first book focuses on Dez, a wounded soldier, and Sawyer, an omega running from the alpha who challen
annob
Sep 09, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: fiction
Dnf @ 63%

Nice start with plenty of action and excitement as we meet Sawyer, a wolf shifter on the run. I very much enjoyed how he meets Dez and his unusual pack of alphas-only.

Unfortunately the story petered out into a feeling of nothing much happening at all after the first handful of chapters. The focus shifted onto mundane stuff— eating pizza, discussing coffee, talks about how to refurbish the shop, selecting bed sheets. I need more than that to stay involved in a story and its characters,
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
So, well, that wasn't my thing. I think I have some sort of preconceived notion about Alphas and Omegas but like to think I am open to something new. This, well, I don't really know what this was.

First off, I just didn't get Sawyer. He's our Omega in this story and aside from that, he's not really anything. He doesn't have a talent, Omega like or not. There is no past job. It's like his life up until now is blank. So, there was nothing to him. At least if he had Omega tendencies it would have be
Jewel
This was an enjoyable story. A little too sweet for my general tastes, but I liked it well enough. I was a bit confused by the timeline, though, because it seemed like time passed, but then it would seem like it hadn't in conversation references... not sure what was up there. ...more
Sandra
4.5 stars rounded up.

This was AWESOME!!! Wolf Shifters and Knotting inside! Buy yourself a copy - you won't regret it!

This should be all the review you need, so I'm gonna end it here...

Just kidding. Imma tell you more about this fabulous start to a new trilogy anyway.

Sawyer Holt is an Omega Wolf, running away from his current pack after the new Alpha has challenged and supplanted Sawyer's Alpha father. Forced to choose between running or entering a farce of a marriage to the new Alpha to cement
Bitchie
I initially gave this 4 stars, but I'm sorry, bumping it down, because the more I keep thinking about it, the more I realize there just wasn't enough world building, IMO. I'd have loved more details about Dez, Gavin, and Asher, how Dez and Gavin got turned and werewolves and became alphas, how Dez got injured (was it before or after he got bit, for instance?) or actually, how the whole alpha thing even worked in this 'verse. Did they know Asher was a werewolf before they got turned, or did he "c ...more
M.I.A
~3.25 Stars~

Hmm, I suppose 'underwhelmed' is probably the right word for how I feel after this book.
Also this feeling that 'nothing' really happened. Which is odd, because things did happen. But a lot of the scenes that could have been pushed or developed further just sort of fade-into-black.

It's a case of the story is interesting but it didn't come alive for me.

I think it might be because despite the main characters orbiting around one another there was always another pack member around and
Santy
Loved this!

It was am unconventional approach to shifter lore and I loved it. I liked that the issues didn't immediately vanish and that the angst was kept to a bare minimum.Dez and Sawyer were great together and really complemented each other perfectly.

Our secondary characters were great with Ash being a sweetheart and Gavin the big tough tough guy.

My only wish for this book was to have it be longer! *pouts*
Achim
3.5
Nice, sunny and angst-free tale with a down-to-earth view on some of the shifter myth like mate, knot and omega. The right book for an afternoon in the park while enjoying the last sunrays of a late summer day ... enjoyable enough that I can turn a blind eye on self-lubrication ;)
True Loveislovereview
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, lgbtq
Ash, Gavin, and Dez are a pack. Two bitten werewolves and one origin. An unusual pack because all three are Alpha. But they are friends and military mates forever. Now the three of them are settled down at Kismet, Colorado and try to start a coffee shop.
When Sawyer enters their space, distressed and anxious, they take him in. Still, a very unusual pack because Sawyer is an Omega.

Sawyer is on the run, his father who was Alpha of their pack was killed and the new Alpha wants to marry Sawyer. A co
~nikki the recovering book addict
Great start to the series!

This was great! The blurb didn’t do it much favour. It sounded more bland than it is especially because it’s a pack of 3 alphas! Oops 🙊 but yeah... I thoroughly enjoyed this! Can’t wait for the next book please! 🤩
Kathleen
Sep 11, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: shifters, paranormal
DNF 44%

This book was one of the worst cases of “too much tell and not enough show” I’ve ever encountered. Combined with utter boredom, I simply could not go on.
Joyfully Jay
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Wolf Lost is the first book in Sam Burns’ Wolves of Kismet series and I really liked the set up here. I was interested in the combination of newly made wolves and with born werewolves and I enjoyed the scenes where Dez and Gavin are learning various wolfy ways. I also liked the camaraderie among the three best friends and the way they made their own unique pack. Dez and Sawyer are sweet together and though they fall pretty fast, I did like them as a couple and ap
yaishin
Oct 21, 2022 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, df
expected way too much from this.
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
What I adore most about Sam is that, even when I am struggling to read books from beginning to end (currently in the middle of 6), I can absolutely DEVOUR her stories in one sitting. Every.Time.

Her flow is flowy, her characters charactery, and her plot is extra plotty.

I FLOVED Dez & Sawyer.

I love a good grumpy character and a sassy pants to counteract them and these 2 NAIL IT.

Dez is adorably grumpy (most of the time) and Sawyer, our run away Omega, is his perfect counter-balance.

I love this
Jenn
I devoured this book in one sitting. It was a wonderful, easy read but the characters and world were deep enough to be satisfying. I really enjoyed how the author flipped the omega and alpha trope, with a pack made up of three alphas and an omega who isn't treated like a delicate flower.

Though this book plays on the alpha/beta/omega trope, there is no mpreg. That was a refreshing change from many shifter stories out there now.

The author sets up a familiar yet fresh world, with lots left to disc
Natalia
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Zuzu
Aug 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, 2021
Carra
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I’m all on board for this series and already can’t wait for the next book. From the excitement of the opening scene I was hooked—I liked the author’s take on the traditional werewolf lore, , and the fact that one of the main characters—an alpha no less—has something that makes him not “whole”.

Sawyer’s character was easy to love from page one as an omega on the run looking for refuge. I liked that he wasn’t painted as weak or submissive just because he’s an omega. As for Dez, he seems to ha
Claudia
This was a nice read .... the characters were nice, the romance was good - even when I could have done with a bit more tension.
There was no real angst.
I would not have minded if it had been a bit more but it was a nice read and I really enjoyed it.
It was kind of the right book at the right time.

And I really want to read the stories of Ash and especially Gavin
Grace
3.5 rounded down

Love a shifter book and this was a fun and relatively quick read. I enjoyed the pack of Alphas and their bond, and I also appreciated seeing an Alpha with long-term, potentially even permanent, injuries, as that's not something common in the genre. Given the somewhat shorter length, I did think pacing was off a bit at times, and some stuff was overly glossed over--we don't learn *how* Dex is filthy rich despite growing up poor until nearly the end of the book which was annoying,
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

A sweet shifter romance with a little bit of action and a good bit of heat, this is an entertaining read. I enjoyed the characters and I liked their world.

Sawyer and Dez make a sweet couple. Dez and his unusual pack provide Sawyer with the protection and sense of belonging he needs while Sawyer helps Dez work through his feelings about his disability. It’s not a complicated relationship - the fated mate thing makes
JoAnn
Meh... is really all I have to say...

I’ve had this author on my to-read list for some time but just haven’t jumped in till now.

While I enjoyed this as a short mindless read (I like those a lot) I always hope there will be something else to draw me in. Some humor maybe? Some sass?An enemies to lovers trope? A taboo-ish mpreg? Anything at all really to add to the ABO world. Unfortunately for me this was just flat and didn’t call to me.

I honestly couldn’t connect or care for any of the character
Alex (HEABookNerd)
WOLF LOST was a good read and my first omegaverse book though it doesn't perfectly follow the omegaverse tropes and instead does some things differently. I really liked the setup of three alpha wolves in a pack together and the interesting dynamic of one born wolf and two bitten wolves. I also liked Sawyer's fire and how determined he was to live the life he wanted.

The middle does slow down a bit as it gets into the details of the guys renovating the coffee shop but it does pick back up toward t
llv
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars
There were a lot of things that I liked about this book. I liked that even though fated mates was hinted at; it wasn’t really a thing and the romance between Sawyer and Dez progressed naturally. While I enjoy a good mpreg story, I’m glad that it wasn’t an issue in this book. I loved the dynamic between all members of the Kismit pack. I especially liked that Dez and Gavin were new to being werewolves and things had to be explained to them. I think if I had one criticism it would be
Dokun888
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It was okay

So while this was fairly well written piece I found it to be quite boring. At some points I felt close to not finishing. I think the reason for that was me nor really feeling the couple and the plot being a tad superficial. I wish the author had put more about becoming a werewolf adjustment and other stuff. The main highlight of this book was the friendship between the three alphas. Ash and Gavin felt more developed as characters than main ones.
Kaila
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i really loved this.. it was different and you dont see that often.. i loved the aspect of bitten wolves... i also loved that even as a wolf.. and an alpha wolf.. he didnt become "whole" all of a sudden... he was just as broken of sorts as a wolf as he was ashuman and i loved that. it was nice seeing a werewolf that wasnt perfect. amazing and i cannot wait for the next one. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Claiming Bite (Howler Brothers, #1)
  • A Thousand Lifetimes
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • The Captain's Mate (The Blue Solace #6)
  • Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)
  • Trouble Comes in Threes (Fur, Fangs, and Felines #1)
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts #1)
  • Omega's Trust (Guardian Dragons #2)
  • Dine with Me
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Alpha Unleashed: Two Werewolves for Sebastian
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
See top shelves…

The Wolves of Kismet (3 books)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • Wolf Reborn (The Wolves of Kismet, #3)