Start by marking “Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)

(Defiance Falls #3)

We pulled the trigger and braced ourselves for the fallout. We were ready for anything. Or so we thought.

War revealed our greatest weaknesses, the ones inside of us that we kept hidden. It forced us to face our vulnerabilities, to overcome the battles within that threatened to hold us prisoner.

Enemies came in all forms, but so did strength. As a united front, we were unsto
Published October 30th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Defiance Falls War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiance Falls War

Start your review of Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)
Halle Reads
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars 🌟

The idea of having a person, a girl I love, it’s always scared the shit out of me. What I feel for you, Hazel, I don’t know if I’d survive it if I lost you.

8cafe992

Defiance Falls War is the 3rd and final book in the Defiance Falls Trilogy. These books must be read in order.

This book starts up right where Defiance Falls Revolution ends and we are thrown back into the crazy world of Hazel and Cruz as they navigate what comes next in the fight to keep their town safe and Malone free.

Hazel is a
Danny
Wow, what a great series finale!! I loved it!! Ali Dean always knows how to deliver beautiful, heartbreaking and wonderful stories.

Cruz went through some rough times in this book. He finally had to face everything he has keeping down and burying under his responsibilities and day to day routine. When everything went down, he had enough time to stop and feel what was finally coming to the surface. He had the support system to help him through it and it was beautiful watching it.
Hazel was stronger
queen_of_the_books_18
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an amazing way to end the Defiance Falls Trilogy!
Ali Dean had me hooked with this world and these characters. It was fast paced, suspenseful and quite emotional at times.

You need to read books 1 and 2 to understand what is going on in Defiance Falls War.

I loved the first two books and gave them 5 stars but this one it took me a little while to get into and I don’t know why.

Following the War between Cruz’s Crew and the Malones that have been going on for years. All the family is tied up
Kate McMurry
Satisfying conclusion to an exciting, YA, romantic-thriller trilogy

The adventures in this book are launched immediately after the cliffhanger at the end of Book 2. This novel does not stand alone, and it is crucial to read the other two books in this trilogy, in order, before reading this book.

Hazel Ross and Cruz Donovan have just begun their senior year in high school, along with their same-age coterie of best friends, Bodhi and Emmett Boyd (Hazel’s first-cousins), Spike Matlock and Peter Moody
Jennifer Hinson
It was game time. We weren’t the underdogs in this game anymore though, and it was time to show who was on top.

3.5 Stars!

Being totally up front here, I broke a BIG ARC rule of mine for this book....I skipped over quite a few "past due" ARCs just to finish this series. I was that excited and eager to get to the epic finale I just knew awaited me with this group. I needed more answers, more of Hazel & Cruz, more of the guys.... just MORE. So I fully planned to devour this one as quickly as possibl
Amanda
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Defiance Falls War
is the conclusion to the Defiance Falls trilogy by Ali Dean. This is story continues seamlessly from books 1 to 3 and can not be read as a standalone. Defiance Falls War wraps up the battle between the Cruz's crew and the Malones. The road to peace for them his paved with some speed bumps in the form of some high intensity situations.

"I'm tired of fighting."
"Good thing you only brought me into this war a few weeks ago," I told him
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Will Hazel, her father, Cruz and the boys be able to take down the Malone’s. Will there be an end in sight for this long standing battle?

Defiance Falls War picks up right where Revolution ended. This book is just as intense and drama filled as the other two in the series. I was on the edge of my seat throughout this entire story, I felt like so much happened in such a short amount of time and if I blinked I’d miss something.

Hazel and Cruz continue to fight for their relationship and so many thi
Kate R
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Defiance Falls War is the third and final book in the Defiance Falls trilogy. This is not a standalone. You need to have read Defiance Falls and Defiance Falls Revolution. It’s an action packed, thrilling series. Those two books ended in a cliffhanger but everything was cleaned up nicely in this one. It’s a very satisfying ending.

There were many sweet moments between Cruz and Hazel. The relationships between the boys and Hazel was so good. I did struggle with how many characters there were. The
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Defiance Falls War is book three in the Defiance Falls series. It's the last book in the series and it can not be read as a standalone. This one picks up where Defiance Falls Revolution left. I liked this one. It's not my favorite in the series but it's still really good. There's plenty of action and romance in this one. There were times I was like urgh, Cruz and Hazel just need to get it together. I loved Cruz and Hazel and their friends. AS whole those one was a really good series.
A Girl And Her Books
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and last book from the Defiance Falls series that ends the story of Hazel and Cruz.

This series was a hell of a ride and this book ends it perfectly. There's a lot of suspense and sometimes it was quite emotional. This series was amazing and it was very addictive and I highly recommend.
Patty
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
By: Ali Dean
Narrated by: Sarah Puckett, Gregory Salinas

The third book of this trilogy had me on the edge of my seat! Picking up right where we left off, Hazel and Cruz are on a mission to keep their families together and the town safe. But life is never that easy. There are still struggles between the families and secrets are plenty. Hazel is still strong willed and competent, loving her sass and ability to stay on track with her dreams despite the craziness. Cruz is an incred
Trisha c
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The investigation regarding the Malones is ongoing. Cruz is crumbling on the inside, but still keeps his confident persona. One thing through this ordeal, Cruz, Hazel and the guys all are loyal to their mission and each other. It's a game of chess, revenge, trying to take charge of life, plotting and fighting. Ali Dean has another stellar sports romance.
Sarah Puckett and Gregory Salinas are phenomenal. They both bring depth to each character. They live the story. I can feel each moment of angui
SLSR
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The kids foiled the murderous plot again

This is a 4.5 stars because really the series needs to be read in order.

This is definitely an R rated scooby doo gang of teenagers foiling the murderous plots of a small town Irish Mob. Every time the kids plan worked I kept imagining the leader of the mob shaking his meaty fist in the air and growling “you meddlesome kids”

It was entertaining a a few steamy-lite events.
Amanda
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is not a stand alone story. Start with the first book in the trilogy (Defiance Falls). This installment had more relationship drama than action compared to the two prior books in the series, but it does wrap up the story nicely.

I listened to the Audible version. Sarah Puckett and Gregory Salinas are a fabulous narration team. They're a big part of why I liked the story so much and I highly recommend the audio version.

#AudiobookObsession
Tammy Bulcao
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!💜

In spite of my major book faux pas, (I read book 3 first), I really enjoyed this story.
I feel that even without reading the first two books, I had a good understanding of what led them to the events in this book. Great storyline and I loved the characters.
The narration was absolutely perfect!! Well done!
I recommend this book!

#audiobookobsession
Sisters Spotlight💜
Jamie  Leigh
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series

I loved the conclusion to this series. Everybody got what they deserved! The writing was spectacular and oh. My. The characters! I would like to see the other guys stories. Maybe when they are wrapping up college? Just a thought. Lol
Ashley Crapps
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ali Dean has a way of writing that is so good that you’re sucked into the story and have finished the book 6 hours later in one sitting without having eaten or even checked your surroundings. This book was nothing short of phenomenal!!!
Gallianne Goural
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was bored the entire time. Couldn't get in the story so it was kind of paintful to keep reading.
Mia
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Oh Man! We’ve reached the conclusion of this amazing story and I am not sure I am ready to let it go yet!

‘Defiance Falls War’ by Ali Dean is the third book in the ‘Defiance Falls’ series, it is a mature YA sports romance with a whole lot of mystery, drama, passion, and banter.

We have been through high and lows with this series, moments where we couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, moments that left us speechless or maybe even sobbing, moments that made us light up in laught
Julia Schwarz
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the 3rd book as much as I loved the first one! I
I loved the action, the intrigues and the loyalty between the group of friends. Even if sometimes it was weird to think that they are supposed to be in high school.

★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
Decent conclusion to story; still no character development however I finished and now know not to re-read.
brayshaw_love
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
DEFIANCE FALLS TRILOGY ..... Ali Dean created a group of unique characters and a story that kept me guessing what would happen next. It is one of those unpredictable plots that makes you binge read 3 books in 2 days just because you are dying to see what happens next. NOTE: This is NOT a reverse harem! This was the first time reading this author's work, but I can't wait to read more in the future!
Hannah Nappi
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝗪𝐚𝐫 𝐛𝐲 𝐀𝐥𝐢 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐧
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall: 5/5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Steam: 3/5 💥💥💥
Book 1: Defiance Falls released 09/19/2019
Book 2: Defiance Falls Revolution release
Danielle K
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - I have mixed feelings about this installment in the Defiance Falls trilogy. I absolutely loved the first one and enjoyed the second, but with Defiance Falls War, it’s hard to say exactly where I land on this one.

One of the best parts of this book is that we finally get some solid soccer content. For the previous two books we’ve heard a lot about how incredible Hazel and the boys are at soccer, but we finally got to see them in action. The scenes involving soccer aren’t too long, but
Sareena
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Crisanda (Sapphire)
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019
3.5 stars.

I received an Advance Review Copy from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

MILD SPOILERS AHEAD!

Don't let the title of Defiance Falls War fool you; there was no war in this book. War is a bloody, messy thing with casualties on both sides. This was not that. This 'war' ended before it even began and had zero repercussions for Cruz and his band of boys. (Which, by the way, I have a huge problem with. Murder, including revenge murder, is not okay. It's never okay.)

More important
❁ Bee ❁
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: high-school, arc
Even Hazel scared me right now. Hell. She scared me the most. Every time our eyes connected, there was a threat. The threat that if I kept her, she'd rip me wide open. And I couldn't handle what that would look like. I knew I had it together on the outside, but the inside? Inside it was ugly.

Defiance Falls War is the final installment in the series. The gang has faced numerous issues that keep them from going about their everyday lives. They just want to play soccer, prepare for college
Bec
Book three was a little less than the other two. Book two held all the plot and suspense, build up of the romance between Cruz and Hazel but this one just seemed flat. They decide to pull the trigger on their evidence on the Malone’s after repeated threats and attacks on Hazel. Then stand back to endure the aftermath.

Cruz goes on the attack without letting anyone know what he is doing, they have to search for him and find him at a hospital. As readers we are told of the attack even though throug
Lexee Toste
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! It was a great read and a great conclusion to this series. I would highly recommend reading the previous two books in this series as they definitely build off of one another and the actions in book 2 really affect this book, (book 3). It was great getting to see Cruz and Hazel together and seeing them present an united front. This book falls between the new adult and young adult genres. There is sex but it is not explicit and you really don't get any details, but y ...more
Shannon
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great conclusion! Love the dynamics with this group, their loyalty, their banter and the feel of family. This book had me on the edge just waiting to see what happened.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Rich Prick
  • Kip (Bay Falls High - the Rulz #2)
  • Lost Girl (Aston Creek High #2)
  • Clash (Madison Falls High, #2)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Real Girl (Aston Creek High, #4)
  • One More Day (Ridgeside High #4)
  • Wild Girl (Aston Creek High, #3)
  • Bully Me This (Bully Me #1)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Forever Theirs (Kings of Knightswood Academy, #3)
  • The Secret (North Woods University #3)
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Heartless (The Privileged of Pembroke High, #1)
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Betrayal Academy (The Boys of Westview Academy #4)
  • Untouched (Bay Falls High, #1)
Ali is a USA Today Bestselling author of sports romance. She has always loved to read, especially when there's a happily ever after, but found that there weren't enough books out there featuring girl athletes. So, she decided to work on that. Like the heroines in her books, Ali is an athlete, with running and skiing her favorite sports these days. Ali hails from Vermont and now lives in her own ha ...more

Defiance Falls (3 books)
  • Defiance Falls
  • Defiance Falls Revolution (Defiance Falls, #2)