Start by marking “SuperSimple Biology: The Ultimate Bitesize Study Guide” as Want to Read:
SuperSimple Biology: The Ultimate Bitesize Study Guide

SuperSimple Biology: The Ultimate Bitesize Study Guide

From reproduction to respiration and from enzymes to ecosystems, this guide makes complex topics easy to grasp at a glance. Perfect support for coursework, homework, and exam revision.

Each topic is fully illustrated to support the information, make the facts crystal clear, and bring the science to life. For key ideas, "How it works" and "Look closer" boxes explain the theo
Paperback
Published May 14th 2020 by DK Children

To ask other readers questions about SuperSimple Biology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SuperSimple Biology

Start your review of SuperSimple Biology: The Ultimate Bitesize Study Guide
Alicia Bayer
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I considered using this for homeschooling next year but I'm not terribly impressed with it. Each topic gets just a page and most of that is taken up with illustrations and quick facts, leaving kids with little real information. In many cases, the information was incomplete because of the necessary brevity or made generalizations that aren't entirely accurate, which will leave kids with misconceptions about the topics. In other cases, it was written in a very confusing way. I would have been tota ...more
Bill
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Supersimple Biology: The Ultimate Bitesize Study Guide is yet another excellent product from DK. Really, it’s almost impossible to go wrong with a DK book and any parent and/or teacher could do a lot worse than stocking their home or room library with nothing but in terms of non-fiction. Their books are always lucid, concise, and, in their best aspect, have absolutely fantastic illustrations. This one is no different.

The book opens up with a look at science as a study/field, discussing elements
Janet
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are in #COVID19 #socialisolation, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. (I have played a zillion games of scrabble, done a zillion crosswords and I AM BORED!!!)

I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the aut
Jamie Jack
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do Kids Really Learn All This?

I have to say I am surprised to see the range of topics that biology courses for grades 6 to 10 can cover. The back cover of this book states it is for that grade range. I never took biology in high school, and my middle school didn't have a specific biology class; we took more of a survey of sciences then. This study guide is wonderful, starting with the basics like defining life and discussing the scientific method and best techniques. After basics are covered, ma
Annie
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Supersimple Biology: The Ultimate Bitesize Study Guide is a resource guide for learning and studying biology. Due out 23rd June 2020 from Penguin/Random House on their DK imprint, it's 288 pages and will be available in paperback and ebook formats. As almost always with DK's offerings, I was blown away by the detailed, clear, and solidly expert photography. Every photo is well rendered and easy to follow. The supportive text is also clear and a
Sharon Tyler
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SuperSimple Chemistry: The Ultimate Bitesize Study Guide by DK Children is currently scheduled for release on June 23 2020. It is an aid for coursework, homework, studying for tests, and a comprehensive guide for grades 6-10. Each topic is fully illustrated to support the information, make the facts crystal clear, and bring the science to life. A large central image explains the idea visually and each topic is summed up on a single page, helping children to quickly get up to speed and really und ...more
Ann
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is part of a series that I love. Published by DK Smithsonian, it is called the Ultimate Bitesize study guide. The lesson is usually one page and the illustrations are beautiful and an important part of the guide. Chapters include Cells, Respiration, Plants, Nutrition, Nervous system, Hormones, and genetics. Great for your Junior High science buff or High school-er who needs simple explanations to complex issues. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
June
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great guide from DK! I like how it is organized by concept, so you can easily review and drill down where you need to work on your knowledge. Some of the pages can be a little cluttered but overall it's an appealing, well-explained reference.

Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for the opportunity to review a digital ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.
Bianca
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Filled with pictures and diagrams, which is super helpful for me. And was great to nimble on to gain some knowledge
HW
Mar 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very nice book to read to just refresh the basics of biology.
Amanda Karsh
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like that it is layer out like Cards for each concept. This is a great colourful reference guide to basic concepts. Just enough details to not bore you.
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Really awesome biology text designed to educate and engage young readers. Has plenty of bright photos and diagrams with easy to understand explanations. A definite must have for your child's supplementary reading.
Angela
Diana Duncan
Jun 25, 2020
Tricia
Jun 26, 2020

• The Hidden Gallery (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #2)
  • The Interrupted Tale (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #4)
  • The Unseen Guest (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #3)
  • The Adventurer's Guide to Treasure (and How to Steal It) (Saint Lupin's Quest Academy for Consistently Dangerous and Absolutely Terrifying Adventures #3)
  • The Unmapped Sea (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #5)
  • The Long-Lost Home (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #6)
  • How to Bee
  • How to Change Everything: The Young Human's Guide to Protecting the Planet and Each Other
  • The 100-Year-Old Secret (The Sherlock Files #1)
  • The Newspaper Club: The Cubs Get the Scoop
  • The Newspaper Club
  • The Potato Chip Puzzles (The Puzzling World of Winston Breen #2)
  • Sherlock Sam and the Obento Bonanza in Tokyo (Sherlock Sam #9)
  • Sherlock Sam and the Mysterious Mastermind in Seoul
  • A Dragon's Guide to Making Your Human Smarter (A Dragon's Guide, #2)
  • A Dragon's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Humans (A Dragon's Guide, #1)
  • A Dragon's Guide to Making Perfect Wishes (A Dragon's Guide, #3)
  • The Metric System

Dorling Kindersley (DK) is a British multinational publishing company specializing in illustrated reference books for adults and children in 62 languages. It is part of Penguin Random House, a consumer publishing company jointly owned by Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA and Pearson PLC. Bertelsmann owns 53% of the company and Pearson owns 47%.

Established in 1974, DK publishes a range of titles in genres