Start by marking “Rules of Engagement” as Want to Read:
Rules of Engagement

Rules of Engagement

Love is a battlefield for a quirky matchmaker and the cocky football star who hires her to find him a wife.

As the owner of Perfect Pairings matchmaking service, Maddie McRae earns her living helping others fall in love. And one thing the sweet Southern belle knows for sure is that the foundation of wedded bliss is built on similarities: opposites might attract, but the
Published January 28th 2020 by J.T. Geissinger, Inc.

Start your review of Rules of Engagement
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Rules of Engagement is a stand alone romcom by J.T. Geissinger. Usually in a review I would tell you how much you are going to fall in love with the Hero, and yes, you definitely are going to. But even more so, you are going to fall in love with Maddie. Maybe most of all, you will fall in love with Maddie and Mason together, because these two are like toast and jam, bread and butter, or maybe more like oil and water. I’ll let you decide.

Mason Spark is a quarterback for the Pioneers. He’s been wi
Dilek VT
Edit as of 14.06.2020: I NEED THAT FEELING OF A BOOK HUGGING ME WITH LOVE, MAKING ME HAPPY. SO HERE I AM, REREADING THIS BOOK.

5 and many more stars from the bottom of my heart

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I LOVED this book. This was the kind of book I am used to getting from Ms. Geissinger.

Actually, after the disappointment of "Perfect Strangers", I was hesitant to try this book. Also, I am not a fan of heroines that are matchmakers. I thought it would be a cheesy book.

God, I was so
Wendy

Wow, I had a wonderful time reading this awesome romantic comedy. I really needed it after all the heavier books I have been reading and I definitely feel much lighter after finishing this one. I still have a huge smile on my face...

This is one of the funniest "opposites attract" stories I have ever read and I fell in love with both the main characters.

Maddie runs a matchmaking business, and being a believer in "true love", she really enjoys her job, helping people finding the love of their lif
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Eyes blazing, she says, “You know, before I met you, I hadn’t argued with anyone in fifteen years.”
“Doubtful. That tongue of yours is way too sharp to be outta practice.”

OH MY GOD. My face actually hurts from smiling so much. This was the most fun I've had reading a book in a while. It had the perfect amount of humor all wrapped around witty and fun banter, all anchored by a sizzling slow burn romance that I couldn't get enough of.
My mistake was presenting lovely, int
Carvanz
This book is f-wording fantastic!!! This is one of the most charming, fun and witty books I’ve read in a long time and I literally devoured it in one sitting, late night and all!

Image result for football aesthetic

When Mason needs to clean up his public reputation, his agent sets up a meeting with a matchmaker to find him a wife. Mason is not on board with this idea, but he’d do anything for Dick. The minute Maddie walks into the room, Mason is a goner.

’She smiles.

I feel that smile all the way down to the darkest corner of my
Isabella. R
5 Prince Charmless Stars ⭐

Rules of Engagement was everything I hoped and more. Rom-Coms are my weakness, yet I don't find many of them funny, go figure! So, when my dear friend Annie gave it the thumbs up, I was a little anxious. Only because she is the class to my trash. We always agree on the love of reading but not always the reading material. But then there's the moment we both adore the same book and we both happily grin.....

Southern Belle, Maddie McRae is at wits end. After building her ma
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
4.5 PINK STARS! 💕
1ezgif-com-video-to-gif
I LOVE romantic comedies, but lately I haven't been able to find one that makes me laugh more than the need to roll my eyes... until I started this book! 💕
This slow-burn story was just what I needed - funny, sweet, witty and so hot!!! 🏈🔥

📚 “𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩’𝙨 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙠?”
𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚. “𝙄𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙚.” 📚

30-Years-old Maddie McRae runs a respectable matchmaking service named "Perfect Pairings" (even though she is single). She's optimistic, pol
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
What the hay, I'm feeling generous today. Really this is more like a 4.25 which I rounded to a 4.5 then rounded to a 5.

The fact that sex only happened after 70% has nothing to do with it. It's just that things started getting a little boring after the first 50%.

What I do love about the book is the quick wit and dry humor. The back and forth banter between the MCs. He's like a bad-tempered gorgeous beast with the softest marshmallow heart. She's like the tenacious flat-chested Southern belle libr
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
I’m so tired of books like this one. Authors writing their heroine with barely any sex experience and if she has any she has had the most horrible sex ever. And meanwhile here we have a “hot as fuck” hero with experience as high as Mount Everest. It’s not cute or funny. It’s stupid how many authors view women when they are women themselves. Oh but you can write OWs as sluts? Oh but let’s not forget how the author is trying to stereotype women, if she doesn’t have sex she must be a cat lady with ...more
Malene
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this wonderful romantic comedy which was so much more than a comedy. It’s also an enemies to lovers and slow burn romance. An awesome package that just made me feel so damn good from start to finish. Every character in this story just shined. Especially Maddie and Mason because their chemistry and bantering were gold. So much fun and heat sizzling beneath the surface. Maddie’s auntie Waldine and Mason’s agent Dick were terrific additions to the story and definitely had their rol ...more
Arena♡
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

🌟4 'matchmaking' stars🌟

Southern Belle, Maddie McRae runs a matchmaking service called "Perfect Pairings." She is good at what she does and has made a name for herself in business. Enter her next client, Mason Sparks, who is the complete opposite of her. She is sweet and sophisticated where he is broody and crude. He doesn't believe in happily ever afters whereas her entire world depends on it. They couldn't be more different even if they tried but at the end of the day, they have one thing in co
Carol
I am giving this book 4.5 stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟for content
but also 5 smiley faces 😊😊😊😊😊 for pleasure factor (I was totally beaming while reading).
Hell yes,
I am just going to round it up to 5 ❤❤❤❤❤ "so in love with this story and it's characters" stars.

This book was a wonderful return to the quirky, witty, hilarious type of read that I so love from Ms. Geissinger after the major disappointment of her previous release "Perfect Strangers"(sorry but that one totally sucked for me).

This was a complete zinger
Giorgia ~ Reads
3.5 ⭐️

It’s hard to rate this because the writing was good, the dialog was awesome and so so witty. I laughed a whole lot!
The characters were ridiculously quick with their comebacks and in all honesty if this book was just a collection of introspective thoughts and quirky smart one liners then it would get a 5 star rating.

Buuut, this is supposed to be a rom-com of sorts and therefore it needs more in the way of plot development and storyline.

Nothing much happened really, except a dizzying back
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
4.5 stars: “Nice is the foulest four-letter word in the English language. It’s got fuck beat by a mile.”

A quintessential romantic comedy – humorous and witty, with a pretty much ridiculous plot, very entertaining and absolutely worth reading. Needless to say, you’re not reading this for its realism and because of this, the blatant caricature of the characters was fun (Maddie McRay, an amalgamation of the Southern belle and the stereotypical librarian; Mason Spark the football player/misunde
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Amazing, funny, sweet... ❤️ This one!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many of us have read the similar tropes over and over. Big sports star meets uptight female who is supposed to be helping them. I’ve read a few that we are very good and were quite engaging.

However, Rules of Engagement is definitely above the bar. The story started with me rolling my eyes just a bit but then as I progressed I found myself completely loving their battle of wits and fun interactions.

Geissinger pulls all the stops out on this hil
Emma
At the beginning, I was enjoying and open for possibilities. But I lost interest when I figured, it's the usual story about the stereotypical and cliched MCs; the big, troubled, lonely, playboy and the petite, clueless (which is stupid considering she is a matchmaker), uptight, Mary Sue. And, even though they are opposites, there is one thing they have in common, they are both so dumb, it gave me a headache. If you can look past that, you may enjoy the story and find it cute. The characters thou ...more
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Pink halo' Stars!
ARC provided via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

I wasn't expecting this surprise from J.T. Geissinger! I discovered and got hooked to her writing after reading her Wicked Games series which happen to be amazing contemporary erotic romances, full of sexiness and drama. What we got this time though it's a slow burn enemies-to-lovers romcom, written in different perspectives, that made me laugh and fall in love with these hilarious characters!

Rules of Engag
Sam (AMNReader)
If you've been reading my reviews since my last hockey romance review, you probably know odd shit bothers me in CR. Like, you aren't making up a fictional town - Atlanta is real. So is Buckhead.

You aren't making up a fictional American Football League: It's the NFL.

And it's got the New England Patriots. And the best part of this book was the QB from the Atlanta *wait for it* Pioneers getting made fun of by way of comparing him to Tom Brady.

Who I swear...I had a lengthy conversation about that m
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 Matchmaker stars

I love mrs Geeissinger's writing style, I never get bored or skim in her books, and the heroines are always my kind of girls: sassy, strong, independent and speak their own mind.
The hero , is always funny, strong and alpha but a softie for his girl, charming and smart.

This book is about a quirky matchmaker and a grumpy football star that need help in finds a wife to save his reputation and career.
Maddie is that matchmaker, she is the cute librarian type of girl, exactly the
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy, romance
I really enjoyed this, though I had a rocky start. Geissinger starts out with some clichés for her main characters and seemed like she was going to follow the standard path. Mason is the dark and brooding guy carrying a load of self-loathing and Maddie is the buttoned-down and serious girl dedicated to self-control and everything bland. You've seen that template a thousand times, right? And it's always predictable and sometimes tedious and the best you can hope for is some good banter.

Well, Geis
Leila
4.5 Pink stars!

I do believe that I’ll round up to 5 stars because I had so much fun reading the witty banter between Maddie and Mason!
You been around as long as I have, you know real chemistry when you see it. I mean, sometimes it looks a lot like burning hatred, but trust me, that’s chemistry.

When sweet Southern belle and matchmaker Maddie meets playboy football star Mason the sparks fly! Maddie is hired to find a match for Mason so that he can spruce up his bad boy image. The sar
ABookLover73
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, sports-romance, 2020
FIVE FUNNY STARS for Maddie and Mason 💖💙💖💙!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the first book that I've read by J.T. Geissinger and I loved it!

It was a sweet and funny book to read and it got my heart.

"Rules of Engagement" is a romantic comedy that will totally make you laugh through the whole book.

Maddie and Mason are characteristically different but how it says: "The opposites attract" 😉!

If you looking for a funny book, then you should read this one next!

Highly recommended!!!
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, sports, funny
Rules of Engagement is an enemies to lovers romantic comedy.

NFL player Mason Sparks and matchmaking owner Maddie McRae have only one thing in common, a past that has defined them. These two couldn't be more opposite if they tried. When they meet for the first time, you can visualize the sparks flying. Their constant battle of wills was hilariously entertaining.

Mason is not exactly Prince Charming but the more the story progresses the more you learn what great guy he really is. He had a pretty
Danielle's
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The matchmaker and the difficult client.

Mason needs a wife. Not because he wants a women to love or a family to share his time with. Not because he’s ready to settle down or wants to build a future. Mason wants a wife for his public image. He’s a bad tempered playboy with too much money and not enough emotions. His manger wants to change all that. Dick is like a family member to Mason. He only wants what’s best... and the way to get it, is to trick him into thinking it’s his idea.

Maddie has a
eli
Jan 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
* arc provided by social butterfly*
if you want to read this I'll tell you to go to the 80% of the book and start there, because before that, nothing really happens.
we basically know all about the characters since the first chapter, there's no development whatsoever in any of them.
the relationship is slow, and I actually liked their interactions, but not enough to like this book.
plot wise is a disaster, I don't care about the 763622 clichés here because I think that clichés can become great books
Lana Reads
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars ☀️ for a sweet and very funny rom-com

It was such a pleasure to meet the characters and watch their banter, so I really enjoyed this one. The spiritual and almost mystical touch did not take away from the story but made it even better.

Like God did when he told Adam and Eve not to eat the apple. That was one epic reverse psychology move right there, ladies and gents.

It's a sweet fairy tale with lots of good jokes and some steamy moments.
AvidReader
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books of 2020!
Oh how I loved this book and all the characters in it. Beginning to the end it was hilarious. I loved this couple and their banter so much. Mason was such a sweetheart and I’m so glad he got Maddie as his soulmate.
I so recommended this.
Nova B
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
If at chapter 1 you loose me then I must stop. This guy was so not for me. I don’t like being in his head at all. I’ve moved on.
Ros 🌼
5 stars

PERFECTION.

Urgh, Geissinger absolutely nailed this one!

A Rom-Com that’s actually funny... please don’t skip this one, guys.

Mason and Maddie are such great characters and their conversations are brilliantly fun - I laughed so many times throughout this book, the writing is such a breath of fresh air.

I love the versatility of Geissinger - she is truly a favourite author of mine.
Snow
Yeah, I loved it...

hmmm, you might wonder why, when the storyline is so worn out by now...

well, the answer is simple - it's about making it fresh, taking the old, known, familiar and turning it into smth exciting, thrilling and presenting it new...

How? Simple, for those who write, it's a challenge and it's a craft too and J. T. Geissinger is a true craftswoman! She owns it!

hence, this is one of the quirkiest, wittiest, funniest, soulful, warm and insightful freshly made "enemies-to- lovers" roma

• Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • CAPTURED (Orion Protection, #1)
  • Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #3)
  • This Time Is Different
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • The Reindeer Falls Collection (Reindeer Falls, #1-3)
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • Rejected (Imperfectly Perfect, #2)
  • Code Name: Heist (Jameson Force Security, #3)
  • An Unexpected Gift (Insta-Spark Collection, #4)
  • Second Chance
  • Possessive Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #2)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • One Hot Holiday (Wilde Ways, #5.5)
Newsletter ➔ http://bit.ly/1IbgZZI
Amazon ➔ http://amzn.to/1xQN4za
Bookbub ➔ http://bit.ly/2a88kdV
FB group ➔ http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3

J.T. Geissinger is a #1 internationally bestselling author of twenty-five novels. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold millions of copies and been translated into more than a dozen languages.

She is a three-time finalist in bot