Start by marking “Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)” as Want to Read:
Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)

Awk-Weird

(Ice Knights #2)

There’s more to me than just being awk-weird. I own my own flower shop, have some great friends, and I have my eye on adopting the most adorable kitten. But sadly, hot guys don’t tend to be blown away by my trivia-spouting, dorky self.

So when a Thor-lookalike who happens to be a professional hockey player hits on me at my bestie’s wedding rehearsal party... You better beli
Published October 14th 2019 by Entangled: Amara (first published October 11th 2019)

Start your review of Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
Kiki
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I sat on this review for over a month, not sure what to do with my feelings about Awk-Weird.

On one hand, I read this book very quickly (in less than 24 hours), and I enjoyed the writing style. Avery Flynn writes book that I like to read, and I found that I didn't want to put it down.

But the couple... I wanted to pull my hair out.

So much could have been solved with some very simple discussions between the two MCs. Yes, I know, that was part of their baggage and issues, but it made me want to b
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed getting to know Tess and Cole. They came together pretty fast and resisted the fall as best they could but they fell together naturally in the end, as they were meant to be.

Cole was stubborn and resistant to change. Tess was smart but apprehensive. For some reason, these two worked for me. Though Cole especially was frustrating at times, his development translated well in Ms. Flynn’s storytelling. It was easy to set aside expectations and just experience the events with the cha
Sentranced Jem
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2019
The title of the book is absolutely spot on. Awk-weird is adorably awkward and weird.

T8_Awkweird_Avery Flynn.png

Awk-weird was the perfect romcom. I couldn’t stop the smile on my face the entire time I was reading this book. It’s sweet and funny with the perfect dollop of charm and captivating chemistry.

T9_Awkweird_Avery Flynn.png

The characters are adorable! Tess is nerdy, weird and she’s my kind of girl especially with her awesome choice in sweatshirts! Even Mr.Thor-lookalike aka Mr.Ice hockey player/ Mr.Everything has a system/Mr.Neat Freak is ado
Syndi
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is OK read. Nothong special nor something left a big impression for me. The story of 2 people who had one night stand and ends up in pregnancy, is not somthing new in romance world.

What it lacking is a kicking up a notch the comedy. I think this book is meant for romantic comedy. The romance is there, but not the comedy. The trivia facts are cute and adding knowledge for me. The character chemistry can be explored more in depth instead of lingering in the background.

There is that int
ReadToBreathe
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have a mixed feeling about this book, and I can't seem to decide what rating should I give the book.
3,4 or 5 Stars

I made the mistake of starting this series without knowing there is another series that I should have started with before the one that I'm currently reading. I was so confused with the names and characters. I had no idea who they were so, it took me awhile to get into the book with fully understanding who is a couple with whom . After that everything was great for me .

I loved so
Amanda
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
So, you gotta love the way Avery Flynn writes a RomCom. She knows how to make you laugh and have a good time while you root for the underdog and hope for true love. Tess and Cole were absolutely wonderful together. Weirdness times two just made this story special.

Tess was a riot right from the beginning. Her attitude and quick wit just made her so enjoyable to read. She had a hell of a life and learned to take everything in stride. But, this time, there’s not much she could do with a hockey puck
Alaina
It was okay, not my favorite though.

Awk-Weird didn't stray from it's title. It was awkward and weird. Which confuses me like no other because the first one was okay, just like this one, but I felt the chemistry more with this couple? Ugh, I feel like I'm not making complete sense but I'm just rocking with it.

In it, you will meet Tess and Cole. During their first meeting, you can tell that they are total dorks and it works for them. Then there's some sparks between the two and eventually things s
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
3.75 stars! cute and steamy but not steamy enough... but also too steamy? it was weird. review maybe to come

---------------------

this is just going to be a quick read to uplift my soul!

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Ambriehl Khalil
I pushed through the baby trope and the miscommunication and Cole’s annoying-ness but I draw the line at public announcements of feelings. I hate it more than anything. This is basically everything I hate shoved into a book so it’s really not fair for me to rate it because I know a lot of other people would looove this. Unfortunately it really tested my patience and I’m honestly not sure why I bothered reading it in the first place.
Lydia
Oct 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Skimmed. Boring

Didn’t like hero. Not really memorable
Heroine was fine

Guy messed up, girl groveled and professed love. That took it from 2.5 stars to 1 star.
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Not having read other books by Avery Flynn before, I didn’t know what to expect before reading Awk - Weird. Needless to say, I was really impressed with the story and how well Flynn managed to develop the characters from beginning to end. The story was sweet and entertaining, a definite must read for sure.

At the beginning of the story we get to meet Tess Gardner, a flower shop owner who happens to love facts. She is attending one of her fr
Mou
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Well, my first book by this author! And it didn't end well for me!!!

* The OW Issue- the hero was so hung up on his ex that he actually was sure that the ex would come back to him no matter what! That's not the end of it. Even after he got pregnant the heroine, he was being an asshole about the whole OW business. Well, if you are so fixated on the OW, then how the hell you got pregnant to someone who is not your ex. You should have been loyal to your ex.

* The constant remembrance of the OW and t
Somia
Jul 11, 2020 rated it liked it
A one night stand leads to an unplanned pregnancy altering the lives of Tessa and Cole.

An easy and light little read, The heroine Tessa is likeable, the hero Cole ok, he didn't charm me as I had hoped.

One thing that still irks me a little is the lack of resolution/confrontation when it comes to how Tess's relatives treated it her - the disregard etc still annoys me, especially as I feel like she just accepts it, it would be fine if she called them out on it.

79pp.
sXe Punk Girl
Five stars. Awk-weird the second in the Ice Knights Series, I found to be a hilarious must-read filled romp-com. I immensely enjoyed the characters of Tess and Cole (had a specific hockey player in mind while reading the book) far more than Zara and Caleb from book one Parental Guidance. Full review to come, but must state that Avery Flynn satisfies any hockey and romantic comedy reader with a whole lot of dirty body checking on and off the ice.
TheEuphoricZat
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think I need to say that I have a thing for books that include one of the characters getting pregnant. It is just my weird thing.
Tess has always been the weird (honestly in my opinion intelligent) girl who spews facts and trivia when she is uncomfortable or doesn't know what to do in an awkward situation. So when she meets Cole at her best friend's wedding and they end up sharing a steamy night, the last thing she expects is to get pregnant even when she knows that condoms were used the three
Lindsay
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Florist Tess Gardner is the weird reserved one of the friendship group we've been following in this series. At the wedding of Frankie and Lucy (from Muffin Top), Tess gets "weddinged" with Ice Knights player Cole Phillips. They're both happy for it to have been a one-night thing, but Tess turns up pregnant. When a timely apartment disaster kicks Tess out of her home for a few weeks, Cole takes her into his carefully ordered house and life on a temporary basis. Temporary would be a whole lot easi ...more
Siobhan
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awk-Weird is the second book in Avery Flynn’s Ice Knights series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. It also links in with The Hartigans, where we first met our leading lady. Whether you’re new to either series or have followed the progression of both, this is an addictive read.

As always, Avery Flynn gave a book that had me hooked from the very first page. I was pulled right into the story and quickly fell for the characters and their story. There were plenty of moments that made
dani
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
frankly, the first one was okay, nothing out of this world but guys,,, this one right HERE!!!! the chemistry between the main characters was utterly earth-shattering. their scenes were the perfect quantity of sexy, cute, funny and lovely.
it was aggravating at several parts, both of them had issues they needed to resolve for them to be together and they kept ignoring that they were mistaken yet when they came to their senses, it was all worth it.
easily, 4/5!!
❅ Karen ❅
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
This is a book I probably would have never picked up but I LOVED IT. It was like playing a movie in my head that I didn't want to end. I'm such a hopeless romantic that it was perfect for me! I didn't mind the point of view but sometimes it confused me. Also, it had too many sex details. I'm sure others love that but definitely not for me lol. It was a fun, easy read that many romance lovers would like.
Dulcie
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
More like a 3.5 but I did enjoy this enough for a bit of a bump.
Jessica Alcazar
I’m not gonna lie, most of the time Avery is a hit or miss and I never really know which way it’s gonna go. So I read most of her books LOL because even when they’re a miss, they don’t miss out of the park. This was a hit!

If there’s one thing I know that Avery can do well is quirky. As soon as I saw this title, I was all in. I didn’t even need to read the synopsis LOL And it worked for both Cole and Tess! That’s the greatest part! We don’t ever think as jocks as being awk-weird but Cole tot
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first sight you'd think Cole Phillips and Tess Gardner being very different- yet the more I read the more I realized they were somewhat the same but in different ways-if that makes sense. They were both quirky in their own unique way. And Tess's random facts about nothing and everything had me laughing and taking some notes to use on later conversations 😉

"We got weddinged" were the famous words that Tess echoed and if she only knew that that would be the beginning of a rollercoaster of an ad
Maria Rose
This was a fun read! Some trope-y goodness ( one night stand leads to unexpected pregnancy), interesting and likable characters, hockey bits and a sexy romance. Tess is definitely a spontaneous and quirky woman and she puts a dent in Cole's orderly life - they are definitely a case of opposites attract! They both have baggage from past family relationships and understanding why they are the way they are, and being willing to compromise and learn to trust each other leads to a stronger relationsh ...more
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
MY REVIEW
This was weird, like I had so many high expectations to love this, but I unfortunately didn't. I thought it was adorably awkward and slightly cute. I found the main couple immature and annoying most of the times, I can see the appeal to others though, I can see why its potential for other readers to enjoy and love, it is though a continuation of her other series. Well I thought it was, as the main chick is bff with the girls from Butterface, Muffintop and Tomboy. This is not my first Av
One chapter more
Apr 10, 2020 rated it liked it
SPOILER ALERT

I really wanted to give it 4 stars because I love me some secret baby stories, however the story line was too simar to the book no 1. They said some things, some other ice hockey players said things to rile each other up, they said sorry and we got a happy end. If you read the first book, you know what I'm talking about.

Other than that pretty light and easy read.
Ruth’s Romances
⭐️⭐️⭐️ “She couldn’t help but realize that it wouldn’t be enough. It was too late for anything but forever to be enough.”
If you enjoy:
✔️Romantic Comedy
✔️Quirky Characters
✔️Surprise Pregnancy
✔️Sports Romance
✔️Dual POV
Then this may be the one for you!
Tess is awk-weird. Spouting trivia facts awk-weird. So naturally hot guys don’t usually notice her. That is until her friends wedding during a friendly table trivia match. One thing led to another and she wasn’t missing her opportunity to spend the
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

Just kill me now. This book has already stolen my breath away and I don't know if I am going to survive the after-effects this book has caused me. Send help because I have a serious book hangover, ya'll.

This is a story that spoke to my heart in so many ways. One of the things that I love about Flynn's books is that she has very realistic characters. You can easily find bits
Kerri
Dec 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2019

• I Knead You Tonight (Slice, #2)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou, #4)
  • Maybe This Christmas
  • The Hold Out (Brewer Brothers, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Contract
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Wild Steamy Hook-Up (White Collar Brothers, #3)
  • Bad Apple
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)
  • Big Puck (Size Matters #6)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • The Wingman (Players on Ice #6)
  • Shortcake
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey, #2)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)

Ice Knights (3 books)
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)