Start by marking “Edge Of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge Of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC, #1)

Edge Of Reason

(Arrow's Edge MC #1)

Brotherhood and beer meets single mom and apple pie.

I am a riding contradiction.
A scholar, a cynic, a brother, and a biker.

My name is Trunk.

I am a misguided romantic.
A mom, a daughter, an agent, and a survivor

My name is Jaimie.
I'm strong enough to look after my family a
Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Edge Of Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge Of Reason

Start your review of Edge Of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC, #1)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
One of the biggest reasons I love this author's work is how much heart she puts in her stories. She has no problem tackling heavy subjects and making these characters easy to relate to even if I've never experienced anything they have. I fall hard for them every time.

Trunk (Titus) is such a hardened hero. He's dealt with so much from the time he was a small child that by the time he's an adult, he's got a big old chip on his shoulder. You would think that would make him hard to like. Trunk is ac
Rachel K
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I heart this author big time! And I loved these characters!! It's refreshing to read about mature adults being in relationships and not being dickheads. There's none of that unnecessary drama-for-the-sake-of-drama bullshit, and I love that when this hero is all in, he's all in!

This was so well written, and I just loved Trunk and Jaimie. They were so good for each other, and the family they created made me smile huge 😁

Can't wait to read the next one in this series...
Sometime
I like this author but but her books are hit or miss for me. And this book is pretty middle of the road this time around.

What I liked:
*I love that this author features more mature characters in her books . These were H (45) and h (38). They both behaved like mature adults. I also really like that they are an interracial couple. H is black, h is white.

*I liked the secondary characters especially the h's mom and baby son. So much cute!

*The romance was nice once things got rolling. And it was very
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Buoni Amici Press and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

It is not a secret that I absolutely adore Freya Barker’s works – not only does she constructs plots that easily engage my attention; she also creates characters, whom you can’t help but adore, empathise and cheer for, from the start till the end.

For an already fan li
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Jaimie and Trunk come together at first, they barely connect. They've both got baggage. She in the form of distrust of men and being a single mom, and he because of his past. He comes across as grumpy and monosyllabic, and she comes across as almost too tough, at first. But once they start letting each other in, it's as if the walls come tumbling down and their true natures shine through.

I loved Jaimie and Trunk together. Their story is a bit heart-tugging, it's fast-paced and full of c
Freya Barker
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-book
It's LIVE!!!

Read Trunk and Jaimie's story now!!

CeCe
DNF. The story dragged and was dry. No gut.
It felt as if there were more scenes with the couple apart than together.
I was unable to connect.
Great premise, poor execution.
There are too many other books I want to read and my time is precious. I gave this one many chances.
So much explanation about every secondary character that it took away from the hero and heroine. Let’s stick to the MCs and then worry about the secondary characters.
Reading is subjective. You may love this book. This is my opin
Carvanz
I was so excited to read Trunk’s story and Ms. Barker did not disappoint.

description

Trunk is broody and a bit standoffish, especially when it comes to Jaimie. But when he lets himself take a chance with her, he falls fast and hard. With a strong protective instinct, he often makes decisions before discussing them with her and they have a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to manage this issue.

Jaimie is a strong independent heroine but she’s also got scars from the way her ex treated her. She doesn’t
Erin Lewis
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star Review Edge of Reason (Arrow’s Edge MC #1) by Freya Barker

Freya Barker is a relatively new author to me. As with the other books I have read, this one was well written, with strong characters that you cannot help but become invested in and are easy to relate too.

Trunk (Titus) Rae has had a hard life but there is so much more to him than what is on the outside. He appears as tough as nails hard, and at times almost rude and abrupt. But underneath it all is a man who has been hurt, a man w
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Titus Maximus Rae aka “Trunk” met his match with Jaimie. Where Trunk is all hard edged, brooding and silent...Jaimie is sweet and soft with a core of steel.
I’ll be honest, I was worried I wouldn’t like Trunk. He was so surely. So broody. I never thought I’d fall for him. But I did. Hard. Every time he called Jaimie “little mama” I swooned. Every. Time.

Edge of Reason was well written. So believable. Trunk and Jaimie had all the hurtles you’d imagine they would go thru and the handled them TOGETH
Anna Barker
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Ms. Barker proves herself to be the master at building characters that are so real and so vivid, they seem to step off the page. Trunk is all you want in a romance hero -the hardened tough guy with the soul of a knight. The story is gripping, raw, real, and threaded with beauty. Simply wonderful.
Sandy Nikolas
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc, 5-stars
Wow! I love her books, but this one is especially top notch. There’s a lot to deal with here. Trunk and Jamie face many hurdles. The road to their HEA is especially beautiful. There’s lots of heavy drama and suspense. So well written. I can’t wait for the next one.
Rogetwhi
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ir-bmww
LOVED this one! Just wish it had an epilogue!😢
Kim
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jamie and Trunk were first introduced in Tracking Tahlula (part of the On Call series) and I was immediately wondering when their story would be coming our way. Fortunately we didn't have long to wait! Do not feel that you need to read Tahlula's story first as Trunk and Jamie's backstories are explained in Edge of Reason- but I will certainly recommend it if you haven't already read it ;-)

Jamie was too trusting once and it brought her nothing but misery... well almost nothing. She has 1
Pam
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yay... The Arrow's Edge MC is getting a series..... I am so excited. For a seasoned Barker reader, we have had a few peeks at this great group of men, who have turned their club into a legal entity who thrived on the feeling of family and brotherhood that an MC provided to wandering souls. But they have added another depth by helping troubled boys find a respectable path. For a new Barker reader, you will be able to read along and understand the MC without feeling lost, but I bet you will be loo ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

Holy cow! This world that Freya Barker has created is amazing!! While this is the first of the Arrows Edge MC series, we have "met" the characters from the previous books that revolve around Durango, CO. TBH I would just read the previous books how they dropped, as, yes, they are different series, but they also sort of build on each other. We get to see so many key players from the previous stories, that it could be a bit confusing when just reading this before any th
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
Oh, mercy. I have never shied away from my love of Freya Barker and her amazing stories. This book was no exception to my love for her and her stories.

I've wanted Trunk's story since Tracking Tahlula. I knew there was something there. I never expected him to be such an amazing hero. He was tasked with protecting Tahlula in the past book, but now, we get his story. He's the protector of his MC as well. I loved watching him look over everyone. I loved the man and how fierce he fought for those he
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Trunk and Jamie's story will touch your heart and have you cheering for them on their road to a happily ever after. They have a lot of hurdles to get through before they get there but the story and their journey is a refreshing one to read. Freya has a way of telling stories that have you feeling like you are right there with the characters. You can see and almost feel the everything that they are experiencing.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Heather
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edge of Reason was well written. So believable. Trunk and Jaimie had all the hurtles you’d imagine they would go thru and they handled them TOGET
Liberty Ireland Historical Graffiti
Wow! What a fantabulous book! Two characters so full of powerful emotions living through some serious drama and a little heartache en route to their HEA/HFN. There were children involved in this story, making it ten-fold more heart-wrenching and beautiful. I was so glad to see these two get their own story after Tracking Tahlula and I cannot wait to see what is next from Ms. Barker. What a talented author!

5❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
3🔥🔥🔥

I received this requested, wonderful book free of charge and am voluntarily
Liz Booker
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I couldn't put this book down. It was really good. 4½ stars
Kim
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc-books
Karen Hrdlicka
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when I think I've read the best book Freya Barker comes out with a new one releases that proves me wrong. Edge of Reason is that book for me. I've loved everything I've read by Ms. Barker and I get super excited when she starts a new series. Edge of Reason is the first book in her new Arrow's Edge MC series. The reader has seen several of the members in some of her other books and I cannot wait to see who gets their stories. Trunk, the hero of this book, was introduced as Tahlulah's overpro ...more
mellidiezahnfee
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#thanks for the ARC #ilovedurango #arrowsedgemc

Oh yeah, this one is hard stuff. Nearly blasted my marriage :)
I wasn't able to put the book aside. Laundry ? What ? Not yet...just 150 Pages to go....
Dishes ? What? Never mind just 10 Pages to go...
Now I'm finished and Hubby is soothed, thank God.

Just searching for a word..... And I noticed that every word sucks. Yes, this book is a so - called interracial - romantic - suspense. Whoa, and that’s the problem in general (and the theme of this book.).
Renee
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Brotherhood and beer meets single mom and apple pie.
My name is Trunk. I am a riding contradiction. A scholar, a cynic, a brother and a biker. My name is Trunk. I'm smart enough to recognize the chip on my shoulder, and cautious enough to keep it right where it is.
I am a misguided romantic. A mom, a daughter, an agent, and a survivor. A mom to a daughter, an agent, and a survivor. My name is Jaimie. I
Jacquie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about Freya Barker and Edge of Reason? Well, if you've read any of her books, you already know just how incredibly talented this woman is...and if you've read any of my reviews of her books, you already know she's one of my FAVE unicorn authors! I find I repeat myself frequently when it comes to her books, because there aren't enough words in my vocabulary to describe just how awesome they really are! She amazes me with every single one!!! Trunk (Titus) and Jaime's story is no exc ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Another incredible read

Edge of Reason is a fantastic start to the Arrow’s Edge MC series.
As always, Freya Barker doesn’t disappoint.

The storyline revolves around Jaime, a feisty thirty-eight-year-old who has recently moves to Durango with her baby, River, after taking a job to work for Tahlula Rae, a famous author.

Trunk is a member of Arrow’s Edge MC and Tahlula’s brother. He’s a psychologist who helps out troubled adolescent boys the club takes in and mentors, as well as a confidant-slash-voic
Sarah Dale
My friend is always raving about Freya Barker's writing and with this great to this new series I can see why. I am seriously looking forward to seeing what is going to come next with this series.
. he
In this book she has tackled some very serious and heavy subjects but she has done it in a brilliant way. The characters in this book seriously embedded themselves in my heart with this one.

Trunk, aka Titus, is a gentle giant. He may look like a huge, tough guy and unapproachable but he seriously ha
TheHauteBookworm
Absolutely freaking loved this book! Not only was the story phenomenally written, but I really fell for Trunk and Jaimie!!! Such incredibly tough characters that had already endured so much, gah! I hated knowing there was still more trauma to come. This is an engaging drama filled with angst and mystery. I was so engaged and captivated I read the book straight through!

Trunk and Jaimie are two damaged souls trying to survive life. Each recovering from a damaged past. Little do they know that pas
Victoria Tortelini
Everytime I think I've picked my favorite book, Freya goes and tops all others.

Trunk, a child psychologist, has been helping others his entire life. From raising his little sister because their drug addict mother couldnt to putting himself and his sister through college, he now helps young men the Arrow's Edge MC takes off the street. The last thing he expected to find was a little mama who would win his heart with a bat of her lashes.

Jaimie has been through the rigger the last year. First her
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Justice for Hildie (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / San Antonio First Responders Book 4)
  • Fighting for Elena (Tarpley VFD #1; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Shelter for Viviana (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #3)
  • Shelter for Tory (Station 7: Crew 5 #1; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Justice for Blyss (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / San Antonio First Responders Book 5)
  • Fighting For Carly (Tarpley VFD #2; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Fighting For Calliope (Tarpley VFD #3; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Fighting for Brittney (Tarpley VFD #5; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Destiny's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Delta Team Three Book 2)
  • Justice for Sloane (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #1)
  • Fighting For Jemma (Tarpley VFD #4; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Ivy's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Delta Team Three Book 4)
  • Justice for Miranda (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #2)
  • Nori's Delta (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Delta Team Three Book 1)
  • Fighting For Nadia (Tarpley VFD #6; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Shielding Kinley (Delta Team Two, #2)
  • Protecting Esme (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / To Have and To Hold Book 1)
  • Finding English (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
USA Today bestselling author Freya Barker loves writing about ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Driven to make her books about 'real' people; she creates characters who are perhaps less than perfect, each struggling to find their own slice of happy, but just as deserving of romance, thrills and chills in their lives.

Recipient of the ReadFREE.ly 2019 Best Book We've Read All Year Award fo

Arrow's Edge MC (3 books)
  • Edge Of Darkness (Arrow's Edge MC Book 2)
  • Edge of Tomorrow (Arrow's Edge MC, #3)