Start by marking “Edge of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC, #1)

Edge of Reason

(Arrow's Edge MC #1)

Brotherhood and beer meets single mom and apple pie.

I am a riding contradiction.
A scholar, a cynic, a brother, and a biker.

My name is Trunk.
I'm smart enough to recognize the chip on my shoulder, and cautious enough to keep it right where it is.

I am a misguided romantic.
A mom, a daughter, an agent, and a survivor

My name is Jaimie.
I'm strong enough to look after my family a
Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Reason

Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeOwn the Wind by Kristen Ashley
Motorcycle MC
815 books — 1,365 voters
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeUndeniable by Madeline SheehanMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeNine Minutes by Beth Flynn
MC Romance
670 books — 1,285 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Edge of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC, #1)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
One of the biggest reasons I love this author's work is how much heart she puts in her stories. She has no problem tackling heavy subjects and making these characters easy to relate to even if I've never experienced anything they have. I fall hard for them every time.

Trunk (Titus) is such a hardened hero. He's dealt with so much from the time he was a small child that by the time he's an adult, he's got a big old chip on his shoulder. You would think that would make him hard to like. Trunk is ac
Sometime
I like this author but but her books are hit or miss for me. And this book is pretty middle of the road this time around.

What I liked:
*I love that this author features more mature characters in her books . These were H (45) and h (38). They both behaved like mature adults. I also really like that they are an interracial couple. H is black, h is white.

*I liked the secondary characters especially the h's mom and baby son. So much cute!

*The romance was nice once things got rolling. And it was very
Rachel K
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I heart this author big time! And I loved these characters!! It's refreshing to read about mature adults being in relationships and not being dickheads. There's none of that unnecessary drama-for-the-sake-of-drama bullshit, and I love that when this hero is all in, he's all in!

This was so well written, and I just loved Trunk and Jaimie. They were so good for each other, and the family they created made me smile huge 😁

Can't wait to read the next one in this series...
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Buoni Amici Press and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

It is not a secret that I absolutely adore Freya Barker’s works – not only does she constructs plots that easily engage my attention; she also creates characters, whom you can’t help but adore, empathise and cheer for, from the start till the end.

For an already fan li
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Jaimie and Trunk come together at first, they barely connect. They've both got baggage. She in the form of distrust of men and being a single mom, and he because of his past. He comes across as grumpy and monosyllabic, and she comes across as almost too tough, at first. But once they start letting each other in, it's as if the walls come tumbling down and their true natures shine through.

I loved Jaimie and Trunk together. Their story is a bit heart-tugging, it's fast-paced and full of c
Carvanz
I was so excited to read Trunk’s story and Ms. Barker did not disappoint.

description

Trunk is broody and a bit standoffish, especially when it comes to Jaimie. But when he lets himself take a chance with her, he falls fast and hard. With a strong protective instinct, he often makes decisions before discussing them with her and they have a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to manage this issue.

Jaimie is a strong independent heroine but she’s also got scars from the way her ex treated her. She doesn’t
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Titus Maximus Rae aka “Trunk” met his match with Jaimie. Where Trunk is all hard edged, brooding and silent...Jaimie is sweet and soft with a core of steel.
I’ll be honest, I was worried I wouldn’t like Trunk. He was so surely. So broody. I never thought I’d fall for him. But I did. Hard. Every time he called Jaimie “little mama” I swooned. Every. Time.

Edge of Reason was well written. So believable. Trunk and Jaimie had all the hurtles you’d imagine they would go thru and the handled them TOGETH
Anna Barker
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Ms. Barker proves herself to be the master at building characters that are so real and so vivid, they seem to step off the page. Trunk is all you want in a romance hero -the hardened tough guy with the soul of a knight. The story is gripping, raw, real, and threaded with beauty. Simply wonderful.
Freya Barker
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-book
It's LIVE!!!

Read Trunk and Jaimie's story now!!

CeCe
DNF. The story dragged and was dry. No gut.
It felt as if there were more scenes with the couple apart than together.
I was unable to connect.
Great premise, poor execution.
There are too many other books I want to read and my time is precious. I gave this one many chances.
So much explanation about every secondary character that it took away from the hero and heroine. Let’s stick to the MCs and then worry about the secondary characters.
Reading is subjective. You may love this book. This is my opin
Erin Lewis
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star Review Edge of Reason (Arrow’s Edge MC #1) by Freya Barker

Freya Barker is a relatively new author to me. As with the other books I have read, this one was well written, with strong characters that you cannot help but become invested in and are easy to relate too.

Trunk (Titus) Rae has had a hard life but there is so much more to him than what is on the outside. He appears as tough as nails hard, and at times almost rude and abrupt. But underneath it all is a man who has been hurt, a man w
Heather
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edge of Reason was well written. So believable. Trunk and Jaimie had all the hurtles you’d imagine they would go thru and they handled them TOGET
Sandy
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc, 5-stars
Wow! I love her books, but this one is especially top notch. There’s a lot to deal with here. Trunk and Jamie face many hurdles. The road to their HEA is especially beautiful. There’s lots of heavy drama and suspense. So well written. I can’t wait for the next one.
Cynthia Pemberton
Ouray and Luna´s story (HWY 550) was one of my favorites, so I couldn´t wait to read more about the MC; Edge of reason has it all: adventure, strong characters, friendship, romance, sex, and new beginnings! It seams impossible, but Freya gets better with each new book!
Rogetwhi
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ir-bmww
LOVED this one! Just wish it had an epilogue!😢
Kim
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jamie and Trunk were first introduced in Tracking Tahlula (part of the On Call series) and I was immediately wondering when their story would be coming our way. Fortunately we didn't have long to wait! Do not feel that you need to read Tahlula's story first as Trunk and Jamie's backstories are explained in Edge of Reason- but I will certainly recommend it if you haven't already read it ;-)

Jamie was too trusting once and it brought her nothing but misery... well almost nothing. She has 1
Pam
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yay... The Arrow's Edge MC is getting a series..... I am so excited. For a seasoned Barker reader, we have had a few peeks at this great group of men, who have turned their club into a legal entity who thrived on the feeling of family and brotherhood that an MC provided to wandering souls. But they have added another depth by helping troubled boys find a respectable path. For a new Barker reader, you will be able to read along and understand the MC without feeling lost, but I bet you will be loo ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

Holy cow! This world that Freya Barker has created is amazing!! While this is the first of the Arrows Edge MC series, we have "met" the characters from the previous books that revolve around Durango, CO. TBH I would just read the previous books how they dropped, as, yes, they are different series, but they also sort of build on each other. We get to see so many key players from the previous stories, that it could be a bit confusing when just reading this before any th
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
Oh, mercy. I have never shied away from my love of Freya Barker and her amazing stories. This book was no exception to my love for her and her stories.

I've wanted Trunk's story since Tracking Tahlula. I knew there was something there. I never expected him to be such an amazing hero. He was tasked with protecting Tahlula in the past book, but now, we get his story. He's the protector of his MC as well. I loved watching him look over everyone. I loved the man and how fierce he fought for those he
Alyson  L
Wow! What a fantabulous book! Two characters so full of powerful emotions living through some serious drama and a little heartache en route to their HEA/HFN. There were children involved in this story, making it ten-fold more heart-wrenching and beautiful. I was so glad to see these two get their own story after Tracking Tahlula and I cannot wait to see what is next from Ms. Barker. What a talented author!

5❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
3🔥🔥🔥

I received this requested, wonderful book free of charge and am voluntarily
Charlene
Shelves: mc-books
Darcy
Dec 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, e-book
I really liked what we saw of Trunk when we saw him in the On Call Series, so when I realized that he was going to be in a book in a new series I knew I'd be checking him out. Jamie also showed up in the On Call Series and you could tell things were being set up for them to be a match. I liked that it wasn't smooth sailing, neither of them could have handled that. It was fun to see Trunk get bowled over by River, that the baby won his heart so quickly, as did Jamie's mom. Both of things things a ...more
Chrissy
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Well Written and Thoughtful MC Romance

I’d probably give this book 4.5 ⭐️ if I could.

There are some instances of racial violence described in this book, though not in visceral and emotional detail, but more a reciting of the facts. One of these instances was violence on a child. If these subject matters are triggering for you, then you may wish to skip this book. As I am not a person of colour I can’t say how well these issues are handled from that perspective either. However, it is my belief t
Melanie Maloney
Aug 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a great book with a strong, growling bear of a man being tamed by a spitfire of a strong woman. Yes she can totally manage everything by herself but when you can manage it along side someone like Titus Maximus Rae “Trunk”, you can take on the world.
Freya takes one some serious subject matter in this book and handled it with respect and grace.
Byron Washington
Aug 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Good Book👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Extremely well written book, thank you editor, likable and interesting characters, with an exciting storyline. Not my usual, buy I'm glad that I chose it.

Buy it, read it and enjoy.👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥
Coco.V
Mar 01, 2022 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/1/2022)! 🎁
Karen Hrdlicka
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when I think I've read the best book Freya Barker comes out with a new one releases that proves me wrong. Edge of Reason is that book for me. I've loved everything I've read by Ms. Barker and I get super excited when she starts a new series. Edge of Reason is the first book in her new Arrow's Edge MC series. The reader has seen several of the members in some of her other books and I cannot wait to see who gets their stories. Trunk, the hero of this book, was introduced as Tahlulah's overpro ...more
mellidiezahnfee
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#thanks for the ARC #ilovedurango #arrowsedgemc

Oh yeah, this one is hard stuff. Nearly blasted my marriage :)
I wasn't able to put the book aside. Laundry ? What ? Not yet...just 150 Pages to go....
Dishes ? What? Never mind just 10 Pages to go...
Now I'm finished and Hubby is soothed, thank God.

Just searching for a word..... And I noticed that every word sucks. Yes, this book is a so - called interracial - romantic - suspense. Whoa, and that’s the problem in general (and the theme of this book.).
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Storm (Linear Tactical #10)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Rider (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #7)
  • Nix (Daring the Kane Brothers, #4)
  • Daddies of the Castle: A Masters of the Castle Anthology
  • Finding Elodie (SEAL Team Hawaii, #1)
  • Maximus (Gold Team #4)
  • Cherished (Club Indigo #4)
  • Rescuing Jenna (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Bravo #5)
  • Shelter for Tory (Station 7: Crew 5 #1; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Guerrilla Tactics (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue, #4)
  • Blaire (Corked and Tapped, #9)
  • Coming Back (Windsor Falls, #6)
  • Trusting Taylor (Silverstone #2)
  • A SEAL for Elise (Fighting for Home, #3l Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Enemy Territory (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue, #3)
  • Ultimate Risk (R.I.S.C. #6)
USA Today bestselling author Freya Barker loves writing about ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Driven to make her books about 'real' people; she creates characters who are perhaps less than perfect, each struggling to find their own slice of happy, but just as deserving of romance, thrills and chills in their lives.

Recipient of the ReadFREE.ly 2019 Best Book We've Read All Year Award fo

Arrow's Edge MC (5 books)
  • Edge Of Darkness (Arrow's Edge MC, #2)
  • Edge of Tomorrow (Arrow's Edge MC, #3)
  • Edge Of Fear (Arrow's Edge MC, #4)
  • Edge Of Reality (Arrow's Edge MC #5)

News & Interviews