Start by marking “Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)” as Want to Read:
Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)

Freedom

(Fae's Captive #8)

The Abyss is full of terrors, but the mines aren't much better. Gareth is with me every step of the way, protecting me and giving me more pleasure than I believed possible...

I thought once we reached the mines our journey would be at an end. With or without Clotty, we would travel to the winter realm and start our life together just as I'd sworn to Gareth all those m

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 169 pages
Published October 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom

Start your review of Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)
Alaina
HOLY CLIFFHANGER CENET.

Freedom was meh until the end. Yes, Beth and Gareth are all chummy or whatever but they are boring in my eyes now. Things did get more interesting with Cenet back in the picture. I was hoping/praying that he was going to die and all but then the ending just intrigued the crap out of me. No idea what the heck the next book will bring me but I am so excited!

That is.. if there will be another book. Don't leave me with - going to my see my sister next (bitch) and mic drop me o
Jessica {Litnoob}
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
My heart

What an ending tho! I wasn’t prepared for how all this would make me feel. The topics of slavery and rebellion are ones that speak to me, k feel deeply about them. So seeing this quest for freedom was everything. The simple truth is that while I wish that the books were longer I’m always invested in this world and these stories and my Beth deserved the world and so I’m so thrilled that we got to see her in this way.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Yay!!

But I need more books!! Especially about Piggy! Can't wait for Piggy's book!! xD
Accidental Huntress
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
7 am...... 7am and all is not well! 😂 I need more and I need it now! I have enjoyed this whole series thus far. This one made me laugh quite a bit. I love the authors banter between characters. This whole world that has been built up, I find myself excited to read about the other characters stories and see where all this builds up for the final battle. It’s nice to find a series I’m interested in. Badass battling fae, inner ferals, Iwoo cuddle monsters, foul mouthed unicorns, resurrected warrior ...more
Susie Johnson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WELL worth the wait!!! I am SO relieved to FINALLY have something GOOD to read!!! I've been wandering through a purgatory of DISAPPOINTING books just passing time until FREEDOM -Fae's Captive #8 SAVED ME!!!! There is NEVER a dull moment in this WONDERFUL book!!! OOOO and I can't tell you but somebody FINALLY gets vengeance and it was even sweet to ME!! LOVED that part so much!!! and SO SOOOOO many others!!! So many TWISTS!!!! and heart stopping Terror and heart stopping LOVE and kindness. Felt l ...more
Books on Stereo
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fitting conclusion to an already strong series.
Greta
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Gareth and Beth continue through the salt mines to free clotty and the other slaves..Their journey would not be easy as they still have to fight the other magical beings to get there...Now that they story has end...Can't wait for the next series to start...
Alexandra Dresel
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to a great series!

Love all the twists and turns in this story. Keeps you guessing at every page. Wonderful characters throughout. I dig a suspenseful happy ending!
LMR
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series

Raw, fun and sexy. I love all her characters. It’s a happy ending for those that don’t always want one. Can’t wait to check out her other books.
Harlequin Madness
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed the “Fae’s Captive” series, but this may be my favorite of the 8 books released, so far. While I do really love the interaction between Beth and Gareth, after a while Beth does get on my nerves. She really doesn’t seem like a selfish person yet her actions are selfish. On more than a few occasions, I found myself wondering if this “fated mates” thing only runs one way since it seems like Gareth is doing all the heavy lifting in this relationship. Personally, I think he’s to ...more
Hanna's Book Obsession
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“He is my heart. And maybe it doesn’t matter what I am, as long as I have him.”

This is last book in Gareth and Beth’s journey and it did not disappoint. Oh my Gosh this one was SOO GOOD. From beginning to end it was action packed and sexy. I could not get enough of these two. They have their fair share of struggles and fights but their love and connection outweighs it all. This book made me gasp and laugh and tear up so much. I swear my heart stopped at one point. It was incredible. This series
Mario
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
My least favorite character in this series is Beth, She uses manipulation and sex to get what she wants. It's supposed to be endearing, but it just puts me off to use others as she does. She wants and expects to be saved from her actions. She is all talk and no action herself. Also, I don't like the over the top what the guys feel, but the woman must have what they want with no consequences to them? The rating is due to my absolute dislike for Beth. All she is good at is getting others hurt or k ...more
Jasmine
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Wanted to love it...but just couldn’t.

Started this series and was really flying through the stories, enjoying it until Gareth and Beth’s story arc. In previous books they were some of my favorite characters but after their story I find them more annoying if anything. Literally skimmed the book just to figure out the ending....which had me rolling my eyes again. This is probably the last of this series I can suffer through, wish it wasn’t so.
Jennifer L. Traber
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Series

I stumbled upon Lily Archer’s Fae’s Captive Series just looking for a good read and although each book is shorter than I’m used to it packed quite a hungry punch leaving me binging through all of them available. It’s an addictive series and I can’t wait for more. Good job Lily keep em coming.
Alicia LaFontaine
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whirlwind

And here I thought the last book would leave me with a contented feeling of closure! Of course, I was thrilled by the book and the entire series and all the stories of this world so far. But, I cannot wait to dig even further into this world and I'm super stoked over what stories the author has promised.
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure

It was an action packed love adventure. I loved all the quirky characters, the humor, the sexy banter along with the sex scenes. I want to read more; can't wait for the additions.
Tee
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
War. Death. Wyverns. Unicorns.

Yeah I need more of ALL of this. That's it. Please can I have some more?! Or an idea when it's coming??? Good times were had during the reading of this book.
Rebecca Ricu
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow again

I loved it-Loved Beth & Garett & all the characters coming together. I am excited to read more about all of them.
Kaycee
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Got to love a happy ending. The author wrapped everything up quite nicely, and I found the characters much more love-able in this one.
Daphine Gooch
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great ending

Finally Beth dream is full filled , goregious man, lovr, spotless body. Fearless, fighter saved the war. Helped set slaves free
Debbie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF at 60%.

Freedom is the eighth book in this series and the conclusion to Beth and Gareth’s story. While I enjoyed the first four books that centered around Leander’s and Taylor’s story, I struggled with the last three installments which focused on Gareth and Beth. Sadly I could not even finish this one.

I liked Gareth’s character. He was a proud and loyal second in command to Leander, and he wanted nothing more than to find his mate and make her happy.

Unfortunately, I didn’t care for Beth. Sh
Jacquelyn G
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Crazy Journey

I loved so many parts of this book, and laughed at many more. I do think it is exceptionally crazy that it took EIGHT books to tell this saga-esque story and the BAD GUY STILL LIVES ON!!
As much as I loved Leander/Taylor (first 4 books) & Gareth/Beth (last 4 books) I just do not have it in me for another 8 or more books to "finish" the adventure. The author's note at the end of the book states two more characters will have their mate tales and then the final conclusion to the upset
Nate Brightman
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the final book that tells the story of Gareth and Beth. They must finish their journey through the Abyss, and free her pseudo mother Clotty and the other slaves in the mines. Once that is done they must rush back to Cranthum to save the city from C-net’s army of undead and Queen Aurentia’s army on the other side determined to crush the slave rebellion. Oh, and there’s the little issue of the fact that Beth is human with a human’s life expectancy while Gareth a high fae is pretty much imm ...more
Amanda
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, fantasy-smut
3 ½ stars rounded down.

Freedom finishes off the slavery in the Summer Realm story arc for Arin, including a cute HFN for Gareth and Beth. (view spoiler)

There's plenty more unicorn shenanigans and the addition of a "dirty" old lady in this installment to keep the comedic value high and balance out some of the sweet and angs
Diane
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gareth and Beth's story is covered in books 5-8 of this series, and honestly from beginning to end, it was just good fun.
There are plenty of naughty bits, horny unicorns, dragons by another name and evil doings, but honestly, I can't think of a better way to start my reading new year.

After the stress of the holidays, this did exactly what I had hoped. I got a little escape from the chaos and just had a chance to laugh. I confess I'm not sure how many more times I could have survived their death
Elizabeth
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beth and Gareth

Wow! What a fantastic finale to a fantastic series. I love the relationship between Beth and Gareth. She broke all his rules and he just felt so hard and deep. Pack with action and adventure from the very first page and hot red romance that will get your panties in a twist. Fantastic plot, great characters and sub characters you can't not love. So sad to get to the end but Lily Archer promised more great stories and I can't hardly wait. Highly recommended
Tania Rodriguez
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I Loved it!!!

When I started to read this book, I first few late to was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. The more I kept reading the more I need to know. Love the action, how everything played out such a good story. Wow!!? By the end of this book I had tears in my eyes again. Made me so sad of the outcome. But the end brought tears of happiness!!!! Excellent book Lily. Loved it!?? 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💞💞💞💞💞💕💕💕💕💕💕💘💘💘💘💘💘💘😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍💋💋
EVELYN R.
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wrapped up with a bow!

A great conclusion to Gareth and Beth's story. One slight issue with a change in narrator at the 10% mark. The story was being told in Gareth's point of view and suddenly "I" turned into Beth for a few lines of dialogue before it went back to Gareth's POV. Oops.
Erin
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Beth and Gareth’s story!

It was sad at parts but they changed the world they live in. I’m excited to see who gets a story next!

Honestly the real stars of the show were the unicorns! They are just such nasty creatures and it’s hilarious! Especially when Gareth punches one in the face!
Dan
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Ending to This Part of the Series

Freedom is the last book in the current series of stories that we have followed about Taylor and Beth. Other books have been promised. The story answers all of the remaining plot points and is well written. There is plenty of action and adventure and love also. This was a very easy read.

• Stolen by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #1)
  • Forever wth the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #5)
  • Claimed by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #4)
  • Destined for the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #2)
  • Trial for the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #2)
  • Seduced by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #3)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows, #1)
  • Eternity with the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #5)
  • Awakened by the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #3)
  • Battle for the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #4)
  • King Of Glass (Blood Court, #5)
  • Fae's Captive Books 1-4: Taylor & Leander
  • King Of Bones (Blood Court, #4)
  • King Of Blood (Blood Court, #3)
  • Fae King's Hunger (Court of Bones and Ash #2)
  • Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)
  • King Of Ash (Blood Court, #2)
  • King Of The Fae (Blood Court, #1)
When I began writing Taylor and Leander's story, I had NO idea it would capture so many of your hearts and imaginations. Thank you for loving them as much as I do. You are making my dreams come true.

Lily Archer believes in fairies, mermaids, and fierce fae warriors. Armed with nothing more than her imagination and a well-worn MacBook, she intends to slay the darkest beasts of the fantasy worlds an

Fae's Captive (8 books)
  • Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
  • Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Taken (Fae's Captive, #5)
  • The Bazaar (Fae's Captive, #6)
  • The Abyss (Fae's Captive, #7)

News & Interviews