Start by marking “The Essence of Perfection” as Want to Read:
The Essence of Perfection

The Essence of Perfection

Among the uber-famous, shes the most highly sought-after fragrance makerand a well-kept secret. But designing a scent for pops newest superstar could take Nicola King and her familys business from elite to downright legendary. Of course, mystery is part of Nicolas brandso no one knows shes actually an over-cautious person who always puts her own life on permanent hold. ...more
Published April 1st 2020 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about The Essence of Perfection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Essence of Perfection

Start your review of The Essence of Perfection
Janet
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book and many more today.

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them
Kathleen Gray
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nicola has worked really hard to built her brand but she hasn't worked hard on herself. She's a perfumer- and I loved the details about that. She's also got a serious self esteem problem. Social media proves to be a real plus and problem both for her. It helps sell her perfumes but she also finds herself shamed into doing things on her bucket list- the bucket list she didn't expect others to see. She copes with her own issues, as well as her grandfather's, and then, well there's Damien. Thanks ...more
Chermaine
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book but ,in all honesty the main characters were hard to like a lot of the time and the ending was believable and satisfying if not frustrating! I read the first book and this one didn't disappoint either. You find yourself rooting for Nicola and in fact we all may know someone who lacks confidence and needs a boost. (That's probably why it was so frustrating to see someone who you believed in be so down on themselves. )Like i said the ending was worth the wait and how real people ...more
Gabrielle
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. This is the perfect story to inspire and challenge readers to get out of their comfort zone in 2020. Nicola, perfumer to the stars, was the central character and felt very familiar. She reminds me a bit of myself and other women I know. Nita Brooks did a good job in developing Nicola as a modern woman juggling her love life, career, and family obligations. I appreciate romance novels that can do this and enjoyed seeing how Nicola did this throughout the book. However, I would have ...more
Shakeima
I received an advanced readers digital copy of The Essence of Perfection in exchange for an honest view.

My immediate attraction to The Essence of Perfection was the beautiful cover followed by being intrigued by the main characters profession. Nicola is a fragrance chemist who is all work and no play until she finds herself in a situation where she has no choice but to leave her comfort zone.

I enjoyed the characters and whenever I stopped reading I would wonder what awkward position would
Shakeima
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an advanced readers digital copy of The Essence of Perfection in exchange for an honest review.

Mile High KINK
Mar 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Can I Pound My Head Against The Wall Some More?

The Essence of Perfection was a beautiful concept. The book cover is absolutely gorgeous too. I enjoyed the debut novel Redesigning Happiness and couldn't wait to get my hands on Essence.

The writing is elegant, inventive and fresh. But Nicola King was a pain in my #youknowwhat. Every time she graced the pages I was hoping and wishing if she finally saw the writing on the wall and the issue behind all her problems: the woman in the mirror.
Ashley
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good, short read. I really enjoyed the story line, even if it was a little predictable and believable. It was a typical feel-good story, which we all need in our lives. I found myself connecting with Nicola and rooting for her the entire time. Although the ending was predictable, as previously mentioned, it was a great palate cleanser for myself and I really enjoyed it.

Thank you NetGalley and the Publisher for and advanced copy of this book.
Chermaine
Jan 11, 2020
Vera
Jan 14, 2020

• The Caretakers
  • Envious (Forever Family #1-3)
  • Easy as Pie: A Novella
  • Sordid Sex Lives
  • Teach Me
  • A Good Luck F*ck
  • The Apartment
  • Deal with the Devil (Mercenary Librarians, #1)
  • The Other Bennet Sister
  • Big Summer
  • Trouble Is What I Do
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Take Me with You