Start by marking “Kingdom of the Cursed (Kingdom of the Wicked, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom of the Cursed (Kingdom of the Wicked, #2)

Kingdom of the Cursed

(Kingdom of the Wicked #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  85,277 ratings  ·  11,011 reviews
After selling her soul to become Queen of the Wicked, Emilia travels to the Seven Circles with the enigmatic Prince of Wrath, where she’s introduced to a seductive world of vice.

She vows to do whatever it takes to avenge her beloved sister, Vittoria... even if that means accepting the hand of the Prince of Pride, the king of demons.

The first rule in the court of the Wicked
Published October 26th 2021 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published October 5th 2021)

·  85,277 ratings  ·  11,011 reviews

Start your review of Kingdom of the Cursed (Kingdom of the Wicked, #2)
Ayman
Sep 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
UPDATED: buckle up whores

Pre Pub Date: Kerri Maniscalco really fucked me up with this one! she 👏🏽 fucking 👏🏽 delivered 👏🏽
full review will be posted on pub date; thank you to The NOVL for sending me 1 out of the 7 physical ARCs

Post Pub Date:
This shit was so motherfucking good. this book grab me by the throat and pinned me down on the floor. it hit me from the back and gave me a kiss on the forehead. it smacked my ass like a drum. it has a complete chokehold on me istg.

Daddy? Sorry! Daddy? Sor
jessica
Oct 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
holy smokes. whatever the opposite of ‘second book syndrome’ is, this is that. i enjoyed this sooo much more than ‘kingdom of the wicked,’ which i thought was amazing. and maybe its because the story has evolved into NA, instead of YA (which is definitely noticeable from the first page), but i sure loved the maturity of this.

this is giving me ‘rhapsodic’ meets ‘a kingdom of flesh and fire’ with a little bit of ‘shadow wings’ thrown in there. except for fae and shapeshifters, its witches and demo
Kerri
May 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: new-adult
AUGUST 2nd UPDATE:

I'm hosting the first (and probably ONLY) ARC giveaway on IG! link here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSE_Yv2r-...

May 17th 2021 UPDATE

In KOTC you can expect:
*enemies to lovers
*more New Adult than Young Adult. (This definitely leaps from the slow burn romance of book one to full on spice, please do be aware of that.)
*schemes
*masked galas
*magic
*mystery
*violet horses with metal hooves
*intro to Wrath’s pets

US preorder prizes are underway, so please save receipts. UK readers, I wil
Lia Carstairs
This was definitely a character driven book and I was here for it all the way.

^^ basically Emilia in KotC *cackles*

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

After the betrayals and shocking revelations in Kingdom of the Wicked, Emilia is even more determined to find her sister's murderer—no matter what bargains she must make... even if it means doing the forbidden.

With all of that, she must also deal with her conflicted feelings towards a certain hot demon prince. Is it lust? Mo
Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher

➽ 1.) Kingdom of the Wicked ★★★

"And there is nothing more dangerous than love, is there? People fight for it. They die for it. They commit acts of war and treason and all manner of sin in its name."

Whew, what a rollercoaster again! Kingdom of the Cursed picks up immediately after the events of Kingdom of the Wicked, and with Emilia trying to pick up the falling pieces of her life. Her main priority is to still avenge her s
ellie
ale ‧ ₊˚୨୧ ₊˚
3.5 stars. my review on tumblr

“Tell me,” he whispered, his voice sliding like silk over my flushed skin.
“What?”My own voice came out breathless.
“I am your favorite sin.”

description

I heard from a friend of a friend, that that dick was a 10 out of 10. —Ale to Wrath, 2021.

A little reminder: my review has many spoilers (I'm gonna hide them as "spoiler" or I'm gonna warn you with the yellow emoji, or maybe I forget to tag them because I'm THAT distracted), so, you've been warned, pal.

That being stated, I ha
toointofiction
"I hate you. I hate you in the darkest ways."

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

❗❗Spoilers ahead. Proceed with caution.❗❗

Brace yourselves. This is a long one.

Before I start, this book smells ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. This entire series smells amazing and I would constantly stop reading to literally bury my face in the pages... Oh and one more thing, it is CRUEL AND UNFAIR that I have to wait for goddess knows how long for the next one!!! Cruel, cruel, cruel!!! I need it right fucking now!! Bad Kerri Maniscalco. Bad!!

Wh
danni
Oct 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
I got very lucky, or maybe unlucky, in that I got my pre-order of this book several days early. It was my most anticipated book of the year, and I was gutted that it fell so flat.

I'm going to just spill my thoughts about the book, so serious spoilers ahead...

(view spoiler)
Cait Jacobs (Caitsbooks)
Kerri Maniscalco was not joking when she said this was gonna be more NA than Kingdom of the Wicked. This book does not wait to show you that.

Kingdom of the Cursed was one of my most anticipated releases of the year. I won't lie, I'm not built for mystery books. I get too impatient, and I'm not smart enough to understand what's going on, but Kerri Maniscalco still makes them so fun for me. And I might be a little proud that I predicted one of the twists in this book. (by "a little", I mean I refu
naz
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WE FINALLY KNOW HIS NAME, THE WAY I GASPED omg!!!!
this was perfect from start to finish, i'd really risk it all for wrath
and the sexual tension between wrath and emilia was simply ✨electric✨ how do i wait for book 3 after that😭

14/01/21
THESE TEASERS MIGHT FUCKING END ME OMG I AM IN LOVE

"I know you won't tell me your true name." I trailed my hands down his chest. His intense gaze tracked each of my movements. "But it feels a little odd, murmuring 'Wrath' at a time like this."

9/11/20
i
SK
Aug 21, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry guys, tried to like it but the plot is off track, all over the pace. I don't think the author herself knows where the story is heading at this point. Some of the plot twists were good, but the rest was too predictable especially when it came to Wrath and Emilia.

The book starts off at a good stable pace- not too fast, not too slow. The middle drags and the ending is rushed. I preferred the first half of the book. Pride was hyped so much in the first book, when he was revealed in this one,
Hannah
Mar 26, 2021 marked it as to-read
I swear I’m team Wrath, I swear I’m team Wrath, I swear I’m team Wrath. Unless he pulls a Tamlin, I will be team Wrath until the end.
zyth ༄ ‧₊˚
“tell me i am your favorite sin”
LIVES WERE CHANGED. THE UNIVERSE SHOOK. BACKS WERE ARCHED. 😩😩
Zoe (Marauders version)
Okay but imagine for just one minute how amazing it would be to be loved by wrath.

Review to come when I figure out how the fuck to put my thoughts from this amazing book into words
Paige ♠
It took me a while to read this for some reason but I still enjoyed it. Thank god Kerri Maniscalco and "second book syndrome" are not a thing 😆

SEXUAL TENSION galore in this sequel!! Even from the first couple of chapters, there was so much tension between these two and a constant push and pull. I felt like we didn't get enough of this in the first book but Kerri definitely stepped it up a notch with this sequel!

THE ROMANCE OVERALL was also taken up a notch and I was in love with all things E
POEKURA
Oct 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2022
2021?!!!!! I'M NOT EVEN DONE WITH BOOK 1 BUT I KNOW I WON'T SURVIVE UNTIL 2021 *snif snif*

Update:

A bit disappointed. The beginning was great though.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, still waiting on my special edition of the book from Fairyloot so I read it from the library. Anyway, I love Wrath.. not that he’s (view spoiler) but I can’t even express how I feel. Ok, I can tell you that at this point, I could give two shits about her sister as I got tired of it in the book.

I’m going to listen to this again later on audio as I love the narrator and I hope my thoughts change!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>[
booksnpenguins (wingspan matters)
“Astra inclinant, sed non obligant; The stars incline us, they do not bind us.”

My my my, Kerri Maniscalco. Keep this up and you'll ruin me for any other book.

(a quick warning before you proceed with the review; the rating for this book is the conclusive rating I decided to give KotC and it's 70% earned, 30% dictated by feelings. which means, don't stop at the ratings if you're looking for more objective and reliable thoughts on the book)

last-banner822065b4a2007932.jpg
Sentimentally, this book deserves 100 stars.
Techni
myo (myonna reads)
Oct 30, 2021 rated it liked it
honestly i have a lot to say not even sure when to start at this point. firstly i’ll say that historical romance is not Kerri Maniscalco’s genre like the writing is atrocious and i think the romance is good but i just think she should like write adult romance or something? the plot took so long to kick in that by the time it did kick in i realized i didn’t care for the characters or the plot and i was only there for the romance. this book made me realize i also hate the trope where the girl only ...more
Bryce Rocks My Socks
makes sense this book is set in hell bc omg is it getting hot in here?!? 🔥🔥🥵🔥🥵🔥
Lorelei
Oct 09, 2021 rated it did not like it
tori ☼
3/5 ★

imo this was a major letdown compared to book #1. emilia really thought she was gaslight, gatekeep, girlbossing every person around her when she was actually the only person in the book missing out and being gaslighted, gatekeeped, girlbossed. god this book was fucking ANNOYING to read. i like want to give this a one star but i can't. personally, the way that wrath acted throughout the entire book because of the "curse" (BIG WHOOP BUDDY) and especially the way he acted in chapter 17 and 23,
aly ☆彡
Oct 16, 2021 rated it it was ok
Lodging the police report because WHERE IS THE PLOT. It literally went missing and so painful to read in the beginning, (tho it does get better, I guess???). Still, it's more of a disappointment than anything. Emilia and Wrath remind me of Poppy and Casteel & I didn't mean it in a good way. Love how the book ends though.

I wanted to love this but I'll decide on my rating better when I compose my thoughts about the book.

RTC.
WhiskeyintheJar

Not a review, a three sentence rant.

Disappointed in this one because I was really looking forward to it because I enjoyed the first so much.

Basically, tons of humping and pretty dresses.
(Ok, there is some movement of story, 20% unscientific guess, but definitely a drawn out filler to make this a trilogy)

Still interested in the core of the story but wish this hadn't been "moving from YA to NA, so to be sexy I'm going to constantly have them almost f*ucking".
Lucie V.
✅ New setting
✅🆗 Demons / Princes of Hell
🆗 Wrath
🆗 Pace
🆗❌ Romance
🆗❌ Plot
❌ Emilia

Maybe 2.5 stars? I was just so bored and so annoyed with Emilia at the same time... 😖

This book picks up right after the end of Kingdom of the Wicked, as Emilia travels to Hell with Wrath to marry Pride. Emilia is convinced that this is the best way to infiltrate Pride’s court and figure out who was killing his potential brides. The more Emilia snoops around though, the more she realizes that this is much more compli
Piya
My playlist for this book can be found here
........................................................................................................
okay but WHY THE 400 PAGES?!?!?!
idk how to describe this but its this red colored animated character with a big question mark over his head

What is this book about you ask?
w-e-l-l
this book is about:

Being unnecessarily long
Emilia thinking about sleeping with Wrath
Emilia thinking about kissing Wrath
Emilia dressing up for Wrath
Emilia thinking dressing up un-modestly=being self-empowered=being strong or whatever ( I mean clothes do have power or something
Nina
Nov 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
no thoughts, head empty, just prince wrath being a precious cinnamon roll
kaz.brekkers.future.wife
!!!!!FOUR STARS!!!!

Okay y'all, the first book was like cookie cutter smut, but Maniscalco was not afraid to dig a little deeper in the second one. And I mean hardcore boner deep. Yeah, the smut was aflaming my guys.

And I also loved how the relationship between Wrath and Emilia developed. They opened up to eachother, and not to mention the political intrigue was BUSSIN!

Though I did have a couple, bitty, witty, problems. NUMBER ONE, this series is kind of framed as a mystery,and in the first book
☀︎El In Oz☀︎
4.5/5

“Love and hate are both rooted in passion.”

The second book in the Kingdom of the Wicked is atmospheric, steamy, sinful, and filled with character development. There were many positives to this book, in all honesty. I enjoyed us having more time to develop the characters and their motives, to uncover more layers to them. At the same time, I felt we spend too much time doing that. I so prefer plot driven books unless I am completely in love with the characters, which I am not for this boo

• A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Gallant
  • Jade Fire Gold
  • All These Bodies
  • Migrations
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #6)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #5)
  • After (After, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • This Is Not How It Ends
  • My Not So Perfect Life
  • Sparrow
  • Light Singer (Kingdom of Runes, #4)
  • Good Girl Complex (Avalon Bay, #1)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
See top shelves…
I'm mostly on instagram--where I'm always ready to talk fictional crushes and nerd out over books. (Okay, okay. And I've also been known to share snippets and teasers from my upcoming novels, if you're into that sort of thing...) Please feel free to chat with me there @KerriManiscalco. I love talking with fellow readers!

Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where her fascina

Kingdom of the Wicked (3 books)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Kingdom of the Feared (Kingdom of the Wicked, #3)

Articles featuring this book

While we do a lot of looking ahead at anticipated new releases here at Goodreads, we also know that sometimes you just want to pick up a great...
“The stars incline us; they do not bind us.
-Wrath”
87 likes
“Tell me,” he whispered, his voice sliding like silk over my flushed skin. “What?” My own voice came out breathless. “I am your favorite sin.” 79 likes