Start by marking “Paradox (Pearson Sisters #1)” as Want to Read:
Paradox (Pearson Sisters #1)

Paradox

(Pearson Sisters #1)

Pretending had always been so easy for Shane...until Janelle moved in next door.

Janelle was excited to be starting a brand new chapter in her life. But her eagerness quickly plummeted when her new neighbor stormed over with his arrogance and attitude. And now, just the sight of him made her blood boil.

Just as she thought she knew exactly what kind of man Shane Anderson
Published October 15th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

Start your review of Paradox (Pearson Sisters #1)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

She gets a little more aggressive when she has a few drinks in her. The mention of castration, disembowelment, and roasting his nuts over an open flame made us laugh during dinner, yes, but now I am honestly a little afraid for the guy.

“Do you think he’s gay?” My smile falters. “Who knows?” It is hard to distinguish between the two voices. “What I do know is no matter if he prefers the bratwurst or the bun, he needs to get laid.”

“I have an entire list of things that would inflict
Kiki
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
SyLvIa
Dec 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-read
[1.25 star] dont like this book, hero is kind of an asshole and heroine is kind of a doormat. at about 50% of the book, i was getting bored of it. the author just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again like we are senile or something. probably not continuing the series.
Jennifer D.
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shane has the weight of the world on his shoulders and I honestly don't know how he is able to put one foot in front of the other each day. You truly never know what someone has going on in their lives that you don't know about. Janelle has the biggest, most caring heart. Their first meeting doesn't go well, nor does the second or third... But slowly things shift and they no longer fight the attraction. Janelle's two sisters are a total hoot! I love them! They had me laughing out loud while the ...more
Rochelle
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This was the first book from this author that I have read and I really liked it. Shane and Janelle were so good together. Shane had a lot on his mind with his mom being sick and his dad leaving when the times got bad. When he first meets his neighbor they get off on the wrong foot. It takes some time but they start to see each other in a different light and a relationship starts to blossom. One big issue will try to tear them apart but they are able to work through that and get the HEA that they ...more
Coco.V
Mar 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/6/2020)! 🎁
Michelle
Kylee
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CA Harms does what she does best and that is to draw you into a story in such a way that it is like you are right there with the characters. You feel the hurt, the pain, the suffering and the struggles as if they were your own. Shane is teetering on the edge and ready to fall and shatter into pieces as life is nearly bringing this young man to his knees. Janelle a blonde haired, blue eyed beauty that is the light to his darkness may be just what the doctor ordered. As these two try to walk the p ...more
Djg
Well, it's really not her best in my opinion and I am a fan of this author.

Hated the h at first, she was better later but still hate her youngest sister. She's smart mouthed and annoying. It's supposed to be endearing and it isn't.

The H is no alpha. I was liking him but his whole keeping secrets was silly especially after they became involved and he screwed up several times where major groveling was needed. Abrupt ending didn't help.
Teresa
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was just okay for me. I didnt really connect to either character. I think it had potential so I still gave it 2 stars, but for me it was just average.

The cover is is 5 though!
World Of Books 65
I loved that this book showed the venerability of Shane the main character. It showcases that men don't have to be tough all the time; they do cry; they do feel deeply.

Shane is working 3 jobs to ensure that his mom who 5 years ago was left in a coma after a road accident has the best possible care available; his dad walked out straight after the accident not being able to cope; when Shane is not working he sits by his mums bedside talking to her in the hopes that she can hear him but his not so
Carey S.
3.5 Stars

Shane is totally stressed in life. His lively and beautiful mother was hit by a drunk driver, and is now almost catatonic. Shane works two jobs to keep her in a facility that is both caring and wonderful. He also visits her daily and gives up a lot of sleep and a good chunk of his life to care for her. He’s angry because his dad left when things got tough, and left Shane with the total burden for her care. Janelle Pearson moves into the house next door to Shane. It’s been empty for a wh
Deborah Harrell-jones
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Janelle and Shane do not have a great first impression when she moves in next door. Shane works three jobs so when he gets woken in the middle of his slumber by his new neighbor, they both get taken by surprise. Their encounters turn into four play for them because when Shane finally asks Janelle on a date their relationship moves full speed ahead. Shane is all about trying to have fun, but the relationship part is difficult for him to be open. His life has revolved around taking care of his mom ...more
Gwen Shafer
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love C.A Harms. Her books are amazing and this one proves that. I am absolutely loving the Pearson sisters. Feisty, loud mouths, tell it like it is. Don't take nothing from no one. Will stand up for themselves when needed and are there for one another. This one is about Janelle. She is the middle of the three sisters. She recently moved into a new house and her neighbor Shane is quite the neighbor. These two don't hit it off. He is quite the jerk right from the beginning. I have to ...more
Books Laid Bare
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to writing a tortured soul I doubt there is anyone better than CA Harms, she just manages to get in all the feels when it comes to laying a guy out for all to see, warts and all I loved the fact that Shane was a guy that brought more than his own fair share of issues to the table, he was weighed down with more problems than anyone guy should have to bear but that didn’t mean that he wasn’t everything you could have wanted…nope if truth be told in my book it just made him all the mo ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shane would do anything for those he loves but the responsibility that he is having to bear is taking its toll on him and his life. The last thing he needs are the noisy neighbors next door and he isn’t shy about ensuring they know exactly how he feels.

Janelle and her two sisters are very close, and they are excited to be moving into their first home. The last thing she needs is grumpy guy taking the fun out of the experience despite how sexy he is.

Janelle wants to know more about Shane as at ti
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I just finished this book and ya'll I got thoughts. This book was different, I thought it from the beginning. Usually we see the female having all the issues and hiding and exploding and usually the guy is the background character. This book was almost refreshing as it focused on Shane and how he was was shouldering the entire world and trying to use Janelle as a way to escape is everyday life.

And instead of being mad about it (which sometimes he was a bit of a jerk), I found myself being empat
FunUndertheCovers
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Janelle is loving life. Moving into her new house, spending time with her sisters and parents, starting her new job at her aunt's salon. What more could she ask for? Now if she could just shake the cranky but oh so sexy neighbor. Shane has a lot on his plate. Working two jobs to take care of his responsibilities, he just wants to sleep. Too bad the crazy new neighbor is so loud. Can these two get past their annoyance for each other?

What a fun book! Full of passion, love, humor, kindness, underst
Renee Entress
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 star

I was pulled right into this truly emotional story. The story has laughs, secrets, anger, pain, and heartbreak.

This is Janelle and Shane’s story. He is struggling and she is making her life better. What starts out as a huge argument and mess turns into something loving by the end. He has his own demons that plague him, and he is taking it out on her. She is trying to stay away as his attitude brings her down. But the more they learn about each other the more the pull is for them. Can he he
Wendy Livingstone
This is the 1st book in a new series from this gifted author, and what an amazing introduction this is!! Janelle is excited to move into her new house but does not get off to the best of starts with her new neighbor. Shane is working 3 jobs in order to support his mom, and does not appreciate when his sleep gets interrupted by his noisy neighbor. No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a beautifully written story which is heartbreaking, raw, gritty, inten ...more
Christina  Fender
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shane works three jobs, is the handyman to the housing addition he lives in, takes care of his mother’s care, and likes his quiet, peaceful existence. He sleeps when he can, so be sure you don’t interrupt the grumpy bears rest.

Janelle moves in next door to a man who who seems to be nothing but a grouch. Rather than just asking her to quieten it down he calls her rude.

These two but heads at every turn in the beginning. When Janelle’s sister’s soon to be ex shows up Shane sets in and rescues her
Pamela
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Janelle is excited to start anew and has just moved in to her apartment. Shane is working to support his mother and doesn't like being awakened by his new noisy neighbor. Janelle thinks he's cocky and a bully. She begins to see that there is more to Shane than she thought at first. This is a good story and has heartbreaking moments for both characters. ...more
Nikkita
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aahmazing!

I don't think that I've read anything by this author that I haven't fell in love with. This story being no exception, I devoured these amazing words! Shane was such a troubled soul doing all he could just to survive and live with the cards life dealt him, until Janelle comes along and starts to burry her way under his skin.
Lynne Fullard
Feb 17, 2021 rated it liked it
It was okay

I liked the sisters, they made me smile. I didn’t really like Shane, there’s nothing deep and dark about caring for your mother. He seemed like an immature child most of the time. I normally like this author’s heroes but he just really irritated me. Really looking forward to the rest of the series, just hope the heroes are emotionally more mature.
Gerry
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paradox

Really enjoyed reading this story of love and trouble with family matters with ups and downs like real life. Love the ending and look forward to reading more about them.Highly recommend reading.
Angie
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Janelle and her sisters were really funny when they got together. Shane was a paradox. This book was very interesting and enjoyable.
Jaycee Avalon
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read the next book on this series! ...more
Yeyenism
Mar 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
It was a cute enemies-to-friends love story. I loved the main characters- Shane and Janelle were good for each other. The supporting characters were also interesting. I loved some of those little moments and the back and forth between the main characters. The story had a lot of potential to be an awesome love story. It was good, nonetheless.
Kasia
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This story is a little bland.
The whole drama is grossly exaggerated, the book is not very long but still most of the action is built around not much substance ... main male character is irritating at best.
Marnie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
💔 You have to read this book!!!!! 💖

Paradox, /ˈparədɒks/, noun

“A seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well founded or true. A person or thing that combines contradictory features or qualities.”

Laughter and sadness ... loyalty and betrayal ... forgiveness or resentment, and, the keeping of vows versus the abandonment of them. These very human emotions are at the heart of this book, so ask yourself, what would you do in Shane’s parent’
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers Book 1)
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • I'm Yours
  • Out of the Darkness (Hope Valley Book 6)
  • Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • The Second Time Around (Hope Valley, #7)
  • Unexpected Fight (Unexpected Arrivals, #2)
  • One Blissful Night: A Stand Alone, Second Chance, Enemies To Lovers Romance (A West Sisters Novel)
  • Unexpected Odds (Unexpected Arrivals, #5)
  • Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)
  • Your Christmas Love (The Bennett Family, #10)
  • Stencil: Sugar and Spice, Ink (Sugar and Spice, Ink #2)
  • Desperately Seeking Landlord
  • Anyone But Cade (Anyone But..., #2)
  • Now Or Never (Irresistible, #5)