Start by marking “What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)” as Want to Read:
What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)

What We Do in the Light

(Day to Night #2)

Just one month ago, Valentine O'Dell got her heart ripped out – yet another problem to add to her rapidly growing list. Between fighting to bring her sick grandmother home, searching for a new apartment after being evicted, and trying to figure out how exactly she's going to pay for everything, she doesn't have time to cry over a broken heart.

Then Ari Sharapov walks back i
Published October 16th 2019 (first published October 14th 2019)

Start your review of What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)
Meredith
Edit: Hey guys, I just want to encourage anybody interested to give this series a try. I seriously enjoyed What We Do in the Night - and there's always a chance this book may work out for you. Plus, it's in KU. So don't let my review dissuade you from giving this series a chance.

I'm giving up @ 20% :(

I gotta give Stylo credit for starting this book with a great opening line:

God, those hands.

Attention grabbing! This hooked me, but unfortunately the book quickly went. . .down hill? It didn't
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description 3.5 Stars

I'm behind in writing reviews, so this will be short and to the point...I enjoyed this one a lot. Not as much as book one though. I think overall it fell a little flat. I just didn't feel the same chemistry or angst that the first book provided. However,  Ari was a much more likable character in this one, and I felt he did enough for me to feel he was redeemed. Valentine got on my nerves a little in this one, she acted childish and overreacted over the smallish things. I liked the Gam
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
I love the writing of Stylo Fantôme. She is truly one of my favorite authors. While I LOVED the first book, the second book was okay. I enjoyed the first part of the story but the second part felt a little rushed in my opinion and lacked the depth and passion that was so front and center in book one. It was more romantic than sassy fiery banter. I will say that Ari and Valentine are a great couple and while they had to work for their HEA, they each helped change the other for the better. So whil ...more
Mimiorphee
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019
Stylo Fantôme is one of my favorite authors, but I am a tad conflicted about her newest release, What We Do In The Light (Day To Night #2) ...Ahhh... Although, sparkles ignited  fire and sensuality within the walls of Caché, I didn't enjoy Val and Ari's second book as much as I thought I would.

As Valentine and Ari try to sort out their problems, they struggle to understand each other. Communicating is difficult, and the fear to get hurt once again adds new trust issues.

Though not perfect (and t
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is the continuation of Ari & Valentine’s tumultuous love story. Things did not end well in the last book and, quite rightly, Valentine was completely blind sided by Ari’s awful behaviour.

One thing that Valentine has learned in her young life so far is that she can’t count on anyone. She can only rely on herself to get through any problems she has because relying on other people only ends in disappointment. Her sole focus in life at the moment is taking care of her beloved ailing grandmother
Miftahul
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I WANT TO SLAP ARI BUT I LOVE HIM....

description

IG- Miftahul_mslovesreading

I loved the first book! A LOT and I had to read the conclusion for Ari and Valentine and it was perfect. I dont know how to feel about Ari cuz I want to slap him but also I love him simultaneously. He is a real Jerk but he tried to prove himself to Valentine....though he messed up every time. Valentine on the other hand is one of my favorite heroine's because she is strong and knows how to protect her self respect which many heroin
Meredith Wilson
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been anxiously awaiting the conclusion to Ari and Val's story, and while I enjoyed it, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first book in this duet. Their relationship in that one was playful, exciting, steamy and fun. At least until the end, when Val overheard a conversation about her between Ari and his dad. Deeply upset by what she had heard, she took off and ran for the hills.

Their breakup was full of heartache and pain that I wasn't sure either could come back from. But Ari was a
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Expect the unusual from Stylo everytime, that's the beauty of her writing. Her talent crosses tropes, themes, genres like a pro. She has created swoon-worthy Alphas, hilarious rom comes and dark humour in her books.
In this Duet, when the lusty couple Ari & Saint Valentine cross paths in indulging Club Caché, they inadvertently get hooked for two weeks together. But that was all in the darkness of the night in book 1-Clandestine liaisons and Hush Hush rendezvous.
What happens when they have to ste
Ria
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
It hurts me to write this review! I loved book one, I devoured it and it’s one of my favorite reads of 2019!
With that being said this book was such a disappointment for me.
I’m not going to dive into everything I disliked about this book because I don’t want to come across as disrespectful to Stylo because I really do enjoy her writing.

The elements that pulled me into What we do in the night was absent in this book. There was no good banter, no steamy sex scenes, no laugh out loud moments, the
TeriLyn
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**What We Do in the Light generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "How beautiful you are always." Stars

I love these characters and the beginning of their story so much. The sequel started off good but became a little rushed and repetitive for me. It was disappointing to me in areas as I felt a lack of depth that Stylo Fantome usually provides. This may be a case of myself expecting something truly epic from these characters that I so adored and not receiving that.

However, the t
Naughty Mom Story Time
I couldn’t have asked for a better conclusion for Ari and Val!

The way things ended in WHAT WE DO IN THE NIGHT it could have gone a completely different way. Val is a such a strong, independent woman and has no patience for anyone to speak about her in any way she doesn’t agree with...but she’s also had so much on her plate that navigating a relationship is still something she needs to learn. But Val is so deep into Ari’s skin that he’s determined to not give up on her. He proved persistent in g
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been anxiously awaiting the conclusion to Ari and Val's story, and I immediately was sucked into Valentine and Ari's world again. There are some surprises and some heart aching moments. There was definitely a change of pace from the first book which I wasn’t expecting.

However, the tantalizing and the taboo elements were still heavily prevalent and I loved that. The characters didn't change in this one instead just sort of continued yet their connection was there and as electric as in book
Vanessa (When Vane Reads)
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Get ready for this amazing story !
wow!! this couple is everything!!! I love Ari and Valentine !! Their chemistry is so intense and their scenes are the best!! They almost scorch my kindle!
I love this couple so much!!

I loved the way that the characters evolve and become the best version of themselves with the support of the other! Definitely a must read
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars

What We Do in the Light is the second installment in Day to Night. I believe it's the final installment, but don't quote me on that. Can it be read independently from What We do in the Night? No, absolutely not. It's a continuation, and I strongly recommend reading in order.

What We do in the Night ended with a massive cliffhanger, with Saint Valentine overhearing Ari speaking to his father, calling Val a very unsav
thebooksmicaelareads
What a let down this was, don’t get me wrong I loved book one and I was looking forward to book two and was disappointed when the release got pushed back from September to October and now I wish Stylo waited and perfected this book before releasing it.

Firstly the book was riddled with mistakes, I don’t know if it even went to a editor because I picked up on so many typos.

Secondly the story went nowhere we went around and around in a circle but the story hardly progressed.

I don’t remember Vale
AJ's book-reMarks
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Valentine O'Dell moved from NYC to Chicago to take care of her ill grandmother, the person who took care of her when her parents died, one of the last people who knew her as a child and loved her unconditionally and for what it's worth, paybacks are a bitch!

School is a nightmare, Gam-Gam became ill and was hospitalized, someone called and reported elder abuse, and Val wasn't allowed to see her Grandmother. Oh, let's not forget the huge yellow evection sign posted on her front door. Ari Sharapov
LianaReads blog
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
They say that “When it rains it pours “.
That’s what happens to each apparently.
After a told lie, a misunderstanding and a break up or break down I’d say, Ari is trying everything to get Val back, to come clean in front of her. With a bit of help, he gets to do that and more.

This second book of the duet shows another face of the story, takes a further step towards the ending that we all expect (and get by the end of the book).

“One dragon at a time, Valentine. You may not be a damsel in distr
Karen111
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Any stars I’ve given are for Ari. Whiny heroines do my brain in, and Valentine was no exception. She gave Ari such a hard time - she was so self centred, and I couldn’t warm to her this time around, and found it hard to feel any sympathy for her. Add to that the numerous typos, and you’ve a very lacklustre read.
Limor Levy
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
3.75 *insert* yawn 🥱 stars
Ari did some grovelling and Val was a brat and at times childish not only predictable but also repetitive, 15 chapters of the same with a rushed end 😳
Demented Paramour
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Ooft. Didn't enjoy this as much as the last book. Valentine annoyed me more, if that's even possible. Thank God she got put in her place a lot in this book, by her boss, her roommate, and Ari himself.

Just like her boss said:

“You've been acting like a goddamn teenager for the past couple weeks – both of you have been fuckin' idiots, and both of you are going to continue being fuckin' idiots until you get some closure. I, for one, am done seeing your mopey ass every day, and I'm done seeing thi
TF
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Melissa
Loved the story BUT......

Gave the first book 5 stars bc i really enjoyed the story and I didn’t want to be petty. I would have given this one 5 as well, but come on... GET. A. BETTER. EDITOR or PROOFREADER!!!

Both of these books had so many spelling, grammatical and syntax errors it distracted me from the story. It was every few paragraphs at times. I don’t understand it. This is a well established author whose books I’ve had on my TBR for sometime, but had yet to read, so these basic errors a mi
Ri
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I am a bit conflicted with this conclusion. I adore everything about this author and loved the first book of this duet. However, This book fell short for me. The connection wasn't the same nor were the characters. The drama was over the top and unnecessary and everything seemed to be rushed. This pains me to say because, as I mentioned, I ADORE this author.

Even though this conclusion was meh at best, I still adore this author and the characters that she creates.

inês ☾
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars

after how good the first book was, this was just not all that. it wasn't bad, per se. it was fun, but everything just felt super rushed and convenient. it was WAY too short for anything substantial to happen and I didn't feel the connection to the characters that I felt in the first one.
Maheswari
Oct 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Why do I even bother to read the ending
Of H & h which has no balls at all and just , why did ms Fantome waste her times on these duet books

I’d rather she wrote few pages of Mr Dashkevich story

I need to re read Kane trilogy from these train wreck of story , sorry not sorry
Paperback Princess
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I loved this duet so much!!! The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is because of the editing..so many mistakes and typos but I was too into Ari and Valentine’s drama that i overlooked it.
Bee
Aug 21, 2019 marked it as on-hold
OH YEAH BABY!!! Gimme some more Val & Ari!!!! Can’t wait till september ...more
Shyralf
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 Stars! Wonderful conclusion on this duet.
Ann
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book but I found this one hard to get through.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Poison
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet #2)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Boy #1: The Wannabe Rockstar (Oh, Those Boys, #1)
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Hush, Hush
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • King of Lies (Empire of Lies, #1)
  • Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)
  • Crowne of Lies
Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, an

Day to Night (2 books)
  • What We Do in the Night (Day to Night, #1)