Start by marking “Mechanic Next Door” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Mechanic Next Door

Sarah Kirkman-Greene

Mechanic Next Door

My next-door neighbor is my fierce protector, my strong defender.
The man who promised to look after me.
He is off-limits. He is almost twice my age.
And he's the only man I've ever wanted.

The man who lives next door is a down and dirty tatted-up mechanic with the grease-stained jeans and the tattered shirts to prove it.
Everyone say he's too old for me. Everyone thinks he's o
Published March 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Mechanic Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mechanic Next Door

Start your review of Mechanic Next Door
LiLu
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Why???

The story was ... I could have done without all that whining tho, it was irritating. The utter lack of communication was not amusing. It took so long to build up the story to what?? Frustration. When the stars finally align, it was so rushed, and then back to the drama, then off to a happy ever after. Dude this book gave me emotional whiplash.
PIONEER
DNF. Chapter 12.

I tried. I just... wasn't into it.
Brigitte
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a bit of a strange story to read. It is not long and for about 2/3 of the story, it at least felt that long, there was nothing going on. What was going on, was repetition of wanting, longing, trying, seeing, wanting, longing .... and more or less nothing else. There were a few typos and errors but nothing overly bad and would be solved with one good reading from a good editor. But I still liked the characters and the essence of the story though I cannot say that I am a fan of this story ...more
lf
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Peach cobbler and beer down by the river at night

Mechanic Next Door is the first book in The Older Man Next Door series by Lauren Milson. This is the story of Peach and Thomas. Peach is twenty-one years old and when she was eighteen both of her parents were killed in a car accident so she moved in with her grandfather. They got to know each other and it was a good relationship. Unfortunately the next year he died leaving her all alone. Well that is except for Thomas, the older next door neighbor
Rose
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story of the classic both parties are attracted to each other but one thinks it's inappropriate and the other is just trying to let their feelings be known. The characters were interesting and relatable.

Peach is in love with her neighbor who is a mechanic and an older man. He's been there for her the past few years and even promised her grandfather that he would look out for her. Peach has only ever been attracted to Thomas and has tried to let him know without actually saying it re
Emily Pennington
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Peach and Thomas are next-door neighbors. Having made a promise to Peach’s grandfather to always watch out for her, he sticks fiercely to his promise to be her protector and defender. He feels that his promise and the age gap make her off-limits to him, and he lets the guilt it makes him feel for wanting her hold him back. But the thing is, Thomas is the only man that Peach has ever wanted since she moved there three years ago.

When he warns Peach that crossing the line between them would be perm
Ellen Mills
Beautiful love story.
This is a lovely story that has you really hoping for a happy ever after. Thomas & Peach have a great sexual chemistry & they both love each other but he doesn't think he's right for her but doesn't want anybody else to have her & she is determined for him to see her as a woman not the kid he has known fir years & eventually breaks but then refuses to give in completely so Peach takes matters into her own hands by making him jealous when he sees her with snot her guy. When
Raecharmed
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Peach's parents died in a car accident she went to live with her grandfather. Thomas was her grandfather's neighbor and friend when she saw him she immediately had a crush on him. After her grandfather passed Thomas stepped in to help her. Peach hasn't wanted anyone but Thomas but he doesn't act like he wants anything to do with her. When the guys at the shop tell him that she goes out with them in case he comes Thomas know he can't hold back much longer. Will Peach finally get her happy en ...more
Pat
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thomas is 36 and Peach is 21. He’s been her friend and next door neighbor for a long time. He promised her grandfather he’d look out for her. Now, she’s trying to get him to see her as a woman who loves him. What will it take to get him to cross the line from friend to lover?
“Mechanic Next Door” is a well-written older man/younger woman romance with likable characters. I love the way she teases him for a reaction. Thomas harbors guilty fantasies about her but spends his time being protective. I
Char
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thomas lives next door to Peach. He has helped her ever since she moved in next door. When her grandfather died he took over being her protector full time. The problem is Peach is in love with Thomas and Thomas is trying to be the adult. He owns his own repair shop and Peach hangs out there and helps a couple days a week. Peach is in her 20’s and Thomas is in his late 30’s. This is an older man, younger woman relationship. He is conflicted and she is determined. It’s about two people who have sl ...more
Kym Jones
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick, fun, easy read, that left you waiting for more.

The two protagonists are very relatable and quite easy to bond with as the story progresses, and the chemistry between them is quite explosive once they both give into their feelings.

This older man/younger woman story is quite possibly one of the best ones I have read in a good long while. Featuring a rough but stoic Alpha Male bent on protecting his female at all costs, and a young woman who goes determinedly after what she wants,
Monica Gutierrez-Felix
Story was good, a little too fast pace for me. I’m not a huge fun of short stories, everything happens so fast that makes it almost impossible to believe. Peach & Thomas, taboo, forbidden romance. Thomas is way older than Peach and is falling in love with peach, he desires her like no other and is always holding back. Peach feels the same about Thomas and is always trying to tempt him and as he fights helps feelings she believes he has no interest in her whatsoever. The story line was good. If y ...more
Maria
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Peaches & Thomas

Peaches is a 21 year old curvy girl who has suffered a couple of tragedies in her life, starting with her parents death when she was 18. This brought her to live with her grandfather, who past away a year later.

Through all of this she befriended her next store neighbor 36 year old Thomas , who she loves, but worries that he doesn't see her like that.

Thomas has cared and looked after her, but worries that he is not good enough for Peaches.

Can these two realize what has been in f
Cheryl Svec
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Milson does it again, and this time get your fan ready to work over time because The Mechanic Next Door is hotter than lava.

Thomas lives next door to Peaches, and promised her grandfather he would take care of her. As time went by their feelings grew but only with a bold move will either of them act on it.

Grab a drink, sit back and enjoy this quick read of Thomas and Peaches' hot, steamy and ravenous relationship that is not for those that blush easily.

I received a free copy of this book
Vinessa
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thomas is Peachs neighbor he promised her grandfather he would look after her.
Peachs knows Thomas as her protector and wishes him to be more.
As time passes both their feelings for each other morphs. It is not until the damn breaks does this book get delicious and steamy.
He may be older and rough around the edges but Thomas proves time and again Peach is his now.
We get some pole dancing action too.
There is jealousy and misunderstandings. A little fibbing and slot of uncertainty.

I received a free
Annie
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this quick story about Peach and Thomas. She's a young woman who has lost both of her parents in a car accident. She moved in with her grandfather and Thomas was his neighbor. Thomas became a very vital part of her life. She developed a serious crush on him but never admitted it. When her grandfather passed she depend on Thomas more. He's having a harder time denying his feelings for her. Great HEA.

I received a free copy of this book
Heather Ashley
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't typically read novellas because I really like to dig deep into the characters and I didn't realize this was as short as it was when I picked it out. That being said, I thought for the length of the book Lauren did a great job of not only building chemistry between the characters but also giving us pretty good insight into their backstories -- Peach's in particular. The moment where Thomas and Peach finally give in is super hot and the ending was sweet perfection. Highly recommend this st ...more
Jackie Grant
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
That was a pretty awesome read. I couldn't put the book down. Its the story of Peach and Thomas. You see at 18 Peach lost her parents at the same time and went and lived with her grandfather. Within a year of loosing her parents she lost her grandfather as well. Thomas was the mechanic next door that promised her grandfather that he would take care of Peach. Things start getting hot and heavy between the 2 one morning. The rest you need to read for yourself.

I received a free copy of this book vi
Sassy Angel
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story! I always enjoy reading stories by Lauren Milson. I can't never get enough of her books. I loved the interactions between Peach and Thomas. I can't wait to read the next book by her.

Peach and Thomas have been neighbors for years. Thomas doesn't want to admit his attraction to Peach because of the age difference. Peach has always been able to count on Thomas but she wants more from him. Will they get their happy ever after?

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout
BusyM3
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read. This story is about Thomas a possessive, sexy older alpha male and Peach his younger next door neighbour. The story was well written, enjoyable. The characters fit well together and have sizzling chemistry. You will not be disappointed when you read this book. This is a great read just before be as it is a short story.

Bonnie
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a steamy book about a young lady, Peach and her next door neighbor, Thomas. These two characters were really well written and the story line was a refreshing change from over the top insta-love. I really enjoyed the slow simmer as opposed to the fryer into the frying pan type. This is my first Lauren Milson book and I will make it a point to search out more in the future.

Iva Krazalkovičová
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Peach is in love with Thomas for a long time. But she thinks he will never see her as a disareble woman.
But Thomas gave a world to her granddad, that he will také care of her. To him, it means she is off limit.
But hi isn´t strong enought to deny his atraction to her.
When the jelousy is to heavy he has to act and make her his.

Rochelle
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I loved the idea of this story. Older man and younger woman, a little taboo as the lead male character had kept an eye on lead female character. He prottected her when she was left alone. I thought the storyline was sweet and interesting and the characters were likable. However I seemd to struggle with writing side of it, I found it confusing and unsettled at times. The grammar wasn’t great either. Therefore the star rating is low.
Renata Gill
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very very steamy older man younger woman novel...Thomas has been her protector since she moved in with her grandfather..There when she needed him the most, the perfect gentleman. .... now that they have revealed their feelings for each other Peach gets to see the possessive alpha turn into a dirty talking bad boy that warns her that once he crosses the line that she is his forever....

Debra Richardson
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining, fast pace, and intriguing older man younger woman romance! It is well-developed, well written, funny, emotionally deep, engaging, passionate, and steamy. The characters are likeable; their chemistry is off the charts! Definitely recommended!

Debra Soehner
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Peach and Thomas have known each other for 3 years and are friends. Both love the other but many things stand in their way such as their age difference. Their coming together is hot and love that they get their HEA.

Charmaine Nouwen
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mechanic Next Door by Lauren Milson is a wonderful quick read; sweet,lovely a bit emotional and steamy OM/YW romance story of Thomas and Peach that you will love and enjoy.well written,lovely characters with off the charts chemistry that will melt your kindle. well done!

Kayla Pocernich
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you like reading older man/younger woman romances this is the book for you. Thomas and Peach are neighbors and Thomas will do anything to protect Peach. This was great read with a lot of passion, an alpha male, and a whole lot of chemistry. Great read.

PW
Fixing More Then Cars

Thomas and Peach are an unlikely couple who have loved each other from afar. Their stress presented in way that showed their hesitation. When Peach and Thomas finally act on their attraction the hot level of the book shoots through the roof. Thomas is an alpha male who teaches Peach a whole lot of lessons. Take this book for what it's worth and enjoy!!
Maria G
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thomas and Peach have an interesting older man younger woman story. In the beginning they are kind of dancing around each other but when they finally get together I thought they were great and enjoyed their story.

• Protector Next Door (The Older Man Next Door Book 2)
  • Crushing On Dad's Best Friend: A Steamy Older Man Younger Woman Romance
  • Her Friend's Father
  • Hard as Iron (Hard for Her Book 5)
  • One In A Melon (The Way To A Man's Heart #7)
  • Spring Clean (Spring Fever #3)
  • Bratva Boss
  • Deke (Love on the Ice #2)
  • Craving Cole (Dirty Sweet Alphas #1)
  • Tonight's The Night: A Steamy Older Man Younger Woman Romance
  • Zaftig Dating Agency Series Collection 10-12
  • Vampire's Curvy Valentine
  • Cheeky Prince (Royal Curves #3)
  • My Fiance's Dad (Forbidden Fantasies, #1)
  • Getting Gabe (Dirty Sweet Alphas #2)
  • Cowboy's Haven ( Fated to Cowboy, #1)
  • Catch of the Day (Zaftig Dating Agency #13)
  • Night Moves

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...