Start by marking “Before Us (Next Generation, #3)” as Want to Read:
Before Us (Next Generation, #3)

Before Us

(Next Generation #3)

Our relationship was toxic.

Intense.

Brutal.

When she slipped out of my hotel room, I made it my mission to have her back in my bed.

She ran.

I chased.

And when we finally crashed, I’d have to save her from the one person she trusted most…

Me.
Published July 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Before Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before Us

Start your review of Before Us (Next Generation, #3)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Amazon PB

Piper knows she has to end things between her and the twins she's been having fun with. Once she had a taste of Jaron, she couldn't get enough. Oh sure, he (and she) says it's just sex, but the feelings swirling around tell a different story. Once she's ended her thing with the twins, will Jaron step up and admit to wanting more with her? Or did she ruin what she had with them for no good reason?

For a novella, this little story was A LOT! Jaron and Piper's beginning
Kj
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novella is about Piper and Jaron . It was a fast paced read that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time . Jaron is my favorite hero so far and is the strong, dominating, personality that Piper needs . This novella ended on a bang and I can’t wait to read the next book in this series ! This is a must read series !
Sophie Ruthven
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This will be a short and sweet review for a short but only kinda sweet book.
Boy, this author does not need many pages to rip your heart out!!!
This novella was a brilliant way to lead into their story. If this much pain and torment was packed into a short book I can't imagine what the author has up her sleeve for the full sized.
Definitely reccomend.
Cathy
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of Piper and Jaron. Piper Michaels is the daughter of Dale and Maxine "Max" Michaels. Then there is Jaron son of Greyson and Eve Mercer who are head of the Hell's Harlem Biker Club. Jaron and Piper happened to run into each other in Paris and had a night of passion and then Piper left. This is the prelude to their story. The thing about this story it made me want to read the stories of the rest of the people, mothers and fathers and children who go to make up these different se ...more
Reed Daylee
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars - intense and emotional

POV: dual
HUMOR: some
F BOMBS: yes
CLIFFHANGER: no
NEW AUTHOR FOR ME: yes

Looks like this short read is just an appetizer to give reader's a taste of their story until the author is done with Jaron and Piper's book.

If this novella already has these ingredients: fast-paced, steamy, easy-to-read, lots of chemistry, dominant males, twins (more than one set), creepy authority-figure villains, motorcycle club, military men, cheating, possessive ex(es), and dimples... the
Debbie
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free ARC copy in exchange for my honest review. This is my own opinion and was not influenced by anyone.

The novella Before Us is the beginning of Jaron and Piper. They have know each other since they were kids but now they felt something more.

As crass as Jaron can be he is wrapped up in Piper. When they are together the rest of the world doesn't exist. J.M. Walker makes us feel the push and pull between them. The action is fast paced and kept me turning the page, a few of the scene
Elsie Pitt
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have not read anything by this author I HIGHLY recommend that you pick up ANY of this authors works! This is Jaren and Pipers story. It starts out with some things that I thought were questionable but make sense as I read through. It is written with heart and has a few triggers but nothing that the reader cannot overcome. I found Jaron to be arrogant and a bit selfish and Piper not as tough as she pretends to be. But I guess it takes all kinds. I really enjoyed this story and I am looking ...more
Jeanne
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book.

This is a novella and does not encompass the whole story—more of this story to come in the next book. Neither Jaron nor Piper claim to want a relationship, but both most definitely do. They are very intense together and he definitely can’t keep his hands to himself when they are together. The last part of the book is very different from the earlier parts. A lot happens toward the end and there are big consequences to deal with on multiple fronts. Looking forwa
J.L.
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My poor Jaron! Ugh.

I can't even put into words how much I love this series. It just keeps getting better and better! Jaron and Piper's chemistry is explosive and domineering. The push and pull keeps you flipping pages until the very last one. Then you think, that can't be it. Please tell me there's more!

I look forward to the rest of the series and I will be picking up the paperbacks ASAP because I need these books on my shelf!!
Polly Barreto
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have waited and waited to read about Jaron and Piper!

This little novella only peaked my curiosity about these two! I need more…like now! The push and pull between Jaron and Piper is crazy. The drama! The angst! The ending! Can these two ever catch a break?

Ms. Walker once again packs all the feels into this story and pulled on my heartstrings. I can’t wait to read their whole story!
Sophie Koufes
Before US (Next Generation #3) a novella only in name. Something about the character's in this world create a fixation with them. Just as all the other books in this world you become obsessed with their lovestory. Jaron and Piper are fire and ice heating you up and cooling you down with their sensual elements along with the suspense seeping through the pages. I absolutely loved the epilogue. This isn't the end and I look forward to revisiting these two in the future. ...more
Dawn M Gilmore
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella gives you a preview of Piper and Jaron's story. Piper and Jaron are drawn to each other. He isn't ready to commit but isn't willing to let anyone else have Piper. Jaron essentially throws himself on the sword to save Piper and that changes their relationship going forward. Piper and Jaron have lots of chemistry but is it enough to last?

Kimberly
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novella that introduced Jaron and Piper's story. It was captivating from the first page. I can not wait for their full-length book. Jaron is a dirty talking alpha. He is the V.P. of Hell's Harlem MC. Piper has had a crush on him most of her life.
This novella will leave you wanting more.

I definitely recommend this series!!!!

Samantha
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from the author thru Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving my review. This is a short part of how Jaron and Piper fall in love. They are perfect for each other. This story will take you into their wants and needs. It shows them that sometimes those things are the same thing. I have really enjoyed the Next Generation series.

Cathylynn
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaron and Piper have an usual relationship. It is not perfect one. I really liked Jaron and Piper together and apart. The story flowed really well and was a quick read. I have not read the others in the series but I do not think I missed a lot. I thought this is a good story and there was some heat. I really enjoyed this book and it kept me entertained.

Mulan
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was so good to read the prequel to find out what happened with Piper and Jaron and I've read bits and pieces in other books. They have so much chemistry together and you can't help but want them to be together. This short story has a lot of action as well as it is super entertaining and enjoyable to read!

I received a free advanced review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving my fair and honest opinion.
Donna Gomez-Rivera
WOW this was intense gripping tale of two souls with undeniable connection. Tribulations keep them from really connecting. This is a roller coaster of a ride that ends to fast leaving the reader begging for more yes more. Characters that you can feel in your heart. A storyline that keeps you on the edge of your seat and glued to your kindle! A must read. Grab your copy today and start reading. Enjoy happy reading 📚
"I am volunteering to leave a review for an ARC of this book."
Jacqueline
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaron and Piper have the potential to be explosive. This is the beginning of their story and it is nowhere near complete. If you hate cliffhangers, wait until their full story is published because you will not be happy with where this book ends.

Maja
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing story. Short read, you read in one sitting. I loved Piper and I loved the first person point of view of the story, which is always a deal breaker for me.
And I just loved Jaron. He was one sexy alpha, who was a master in dirty talk. This was one hot read.

Leagh
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow...just wow! Jaron and Piper’s story is epic. It’s short but sweet, sexy, and heartbreaking. I feel their story is just beginning and I cannot wait to read more. I really hope J.M. has more for us!!
Lofty
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Piper is confused after travelling around Paris and bumping into Jaron.
Jaron is the vp of his dads mc club and has watched piper from afar. An explosive novella I certainly can't wait for their conclusion
Joane
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaron and Piper have known each other all their lives. They gave an undeniable chemistry. In the end Jaron will do anything to keep Piper safe. It was a great short story.

Iris
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Enjoyed reading this book and reading about the characters and their story. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
This is a small taste of what’s to come in their next story, it’ll be full of what life is for the now free Jaron & his future with Piper. Addictive series!!
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
This was intense and there is a lot that happens that still has me on edge. It does end on a cliffhanger where now I am anxiously waiting for the next book.
Sarah Anguish
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A novella featuring the journey of Piper and Jaron. With a prelude of how they first hooked up in Paris before seeing how he reappears in her life again. Each of them not looking for a relationship, its just sex or so they say. However, deeper feelings that scare them both are bubbling beneath the surface.

As the VP of a biker club, Jaron has a reputation, something the local mayor doesn't want in his town and tells him to leave. But he's not leaving Piper and his friends behind without protectio
Sue Hancock
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great to read how Piper and Jaron got to where they are today.
A quick read but not lacking in any way, this is a story of the complex love these two have for each other and their heart-rending journey.
It's a good read, and as it occurs during the same timeline as With Us and Control Us, you get to see the same scenes from different people. Great read that I highly recommend, looking forward to the next book!
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Before us by JM Walker

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Holy Hells Bells!!

Jaron Mercer is so much like his father, Greyson, in so many ways!!

Piper!! Holy shit did I fall in love with her like I did her parents, Max and Dale!!

If this story is any indication of how the rest of the
Alexis
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Before Us by J.M. Walker was amazing!! I loved everything about it and was hooked from the start!! The characters and storyline were amazing! I definitely recommend this book.
Erin Figueiredo
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and heartbreaking!

Even though this was a novella it packs a huge punch to the gut. It’s an intense rollercoaster ride of extreme emotions that will shock you, leave you utterly breathless and begging for more.

Jaron and Piper’s story finally gives us answers we were seeking after the last book in this series. But it’s definitely not all rainbows and butterflies. Jaron and Piper are two highly emotional characters that have such amazing sexual chemistry that it oozes off the pages. Their co
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: duplicate listings 2 324 Aug 19, 2020 01:55PM

• Mr. Hired Boss
  • Spyder's Bite (Warpath MC, #1)
  • Second Time Around (The Billionaire Brothers, #1)
  • Inc's Regret (Satan's Raiders MC, #1)
  • Reunion
  • Neo's Strength (Devil's Riot MC: Originals, #8)
  • Mr. Hot Grinch
  • Silas (Dirty Aces MC, #4)
  • Vanishing Act (Survivor's Duet, #1)
  • Wrapped in Chains (Kings Reapers MC, #3)
  • Mountain Daddy's Fate: A Mountain Man's Baby, Second Chance Romance (Mountain Men of Liberty)
  • Mr. Bossy Devil
  • Enduring Act (Survivor's Duet, #2)
  • His Best Friend's Ex
  • One Hot Daddy
  • Against All Odds (Searching for Love, #4)
  • Dating My Brother's Best Friend
  • Strangers in Love
J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who hit USA Today with Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology. She loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron

Next Generation (6 books)
  • Control Us (Next Generation, #1)
  • With Us (Next Generation, #2)
  • Being Us (Next Generation, #4)
  • Finally Us (Next Generation, #5)
  • After Us (Next Generation, #6)

News & Interviews