Start by marking “My Hero Academia, Vol. 24” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia, Vol. 24

My Hero Academia, Vol. 24

(My Hero Academia #24)

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?

A new player emerges in
Published June 2nd 2020 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 2nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero Academia, Vol. 24, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero Academia, Vol. 24

Start your review of My Hero Academia, Vol. 24
May͛a
WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE COVER.
Delaney
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Give me all the villain origin stories, I am HERE for it.
TheNonHumanAlien
I loved it!!! I love getting some more panels from the villains. I am so excited for October 6th! (when the next volume comes out)
Norman
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
Mangaka Kohei Horikoshi continues his exploration of villainy within his universe by putting the League of Villains up against the Liberation Army and this volume covers many origin stories for these villains. Almost making you want to root for the very people you were against at first, this story arc does an incredible job in exploring the root of evil in everyone, those key events in the lives of these people who never really wanted to be villains in the first place.

I also love how this volume
Omar Havilliard
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5

what is happning omfg
Cameron Howell
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Horikoshi really out here tryin to make Shigaraki one of the best villains of all time. I already liked the League of Villains but this volume really solidified each ones importance to the series. Can't wait for more!! ...more
karla. (exodusqueen)
easily my favorite volume and my favorite arc for character development hands down.
Maiko-chan [|]
this entire volume is just fall in love with the league of villains and SHIP TWICE/TOGA and I LOVE IT!!!
Ley
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read
Well this got real dark, real fast.
Dani St-Onge (Literary Lion)
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, owned
For more reviews and bookish content: http://literarylion.ca/

When My Hero Academia first began rising to prominence it was clear there was something special about the series. The shounen genre had gone a long time without anything hitting this hard, but now everyone and their grandmother knows what this series is. It releases movies as box office smashes. You cannot find a booth in artist alley without at least one piece from it.

This volume is something special though. Horikoshi has rested his s
smol been
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
5/5
*SCREAMS IN JAPENESE* I LOVE THEM I LOVE THEM I LOVE THEM I LOVE DABI I LOVE SHIGARAKI I LOVE TOGA I LOVE TWICE I LOVE COMPRESS I LOVE SPINNER
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
If I had a dollar for every time I read this series and thought “someone should call Child Services” I’d be pretty rich.

Anyway, I enjoyed learning more about Toga and Shigaraki’s histories. Although, I felt like this League of Villains v Meta Liberation plot really dragged on. This series is an interesting blend of action and family drama, to be honest. (Only for the male characters though???)
Mavis Ros
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely enjoyed this! We get to see a whole new angle from the opposing sides’ perspectives.
Ines Gracia
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, good, 2019
I don't like this plot at all.

Note: I don't know if the Goodreads page is failing or it's just that the person who commented the review just deleited his/her post. Anyway, to avoid future misunderstandings I'll make it clear here: Yeah, this volume isn't going to be published until some months, but I'd already read it because I read the chapters that the author publishes weekly on magazines. I have in my agenda a whole schedule of when the chapters that are going to form part of that future reco
Han
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: gns
I'm not super invested in the villain fight, but I am very invested in Twice, Toga and Shigaraki's arc here. Can't wait to see how it turns out! ...more
Nandini Vakde
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RATING: 4.5 stars

I'm still really liking this villain arc! It's pretty cool to see all their backstories (but uh those backstories are all very depressing...)

I'm not sure how Twice getting over his trauma will end for the heroes who have to fight him... but for now it was surprisingly engaging! I'm really rooting for the League to take down these Liberation army people lol. And I didn't know Twice's quirk extended to other people? Now he's cloning Toga?

Speaking of Toga, her backstory was also pr
Sarahocha
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I really wasn’t sure if I was up to the League of Villains arc, because, lets be honest, they’re really low tier once All For One was taken away.

And yet, here I am eating my own words on the matter as Shigaraki, Toga, and Twice all explode in character development and backstories. Setting the stage for some of the coolest fight sequences in the series. So I just have to apologize to having ever doubted their potential.

Shigaraki is just out here trying his best and these L on forehead losers ar
Adam Fisher
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Very nice to have a Volume dedicated to the villains. Not only do we get to see this ragtag band of what had previously amounted to some kind of a more violent Team Rocket, go PLUS ULTRA and take on the entire Meta Liberation Army... BUT...
Toga, Twice, and Shigaraki all get to evolve and develop stronger abilities!
AND we get back story on them to show really complicated backstories and great motivations for their insanities.

Overall, a great Volume and I look forward to the completion of the
piratesPencil
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although I’m excited to get back to the main characters, this villain-focused volume was really good. High stakes, dramatic fights and some great backstory for several of the villains, especially Shigaraki.
Andrea Vega
This volume is a fucking trip it's so good. ...more
Swarnali Paul
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best volumes I've ever read. Loved how dark it was. ...more
JT
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great volume that focused on the villians. I love getting to know more about them. Toga ❤
Zaiba
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Getting a look into the villains' lives was something. We're diving in deep omfg. ...more
Tiago Coxo
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They really had me rooting for the villains, huh
Cami Franceschi
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
and here I am feeling empathy for the league of villains and the story of Shimura Tenko :(
RG
Feb 22, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good villain side storys but felt like the overall story was a little meh
little dumpling
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Villains love better 😋
Emily
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man, I was not a fan of this volume at all. I find this whole villain plot boring and the flashbacks throughout are redundant. The more time that is dedicated to the villains, the less they feel like a threat. And why did they give twice another backstory? He already had one volumes ago, and we didn't learn anything new. We already knew that twice was afraid that he wasn't the original, so why dedicate more pages to that? And Toga's backstory can hardly even count as a back story it was so point ...more
Ren (A Bookish Balance)
3/5 stars

The battle between Destro’s organization and the League of Villains continues, with the league in the more precarious position.

One of the reasons I enjoy reading MHA so much is that it really makes me think about what makes a good antagonist. With most novels I read I often find antagonists lacking, but prior to the school festival arc, Horikoshi really impressed me with his villains. This current arc is also making me think a lot about compelling villains and storylines, and unfortuna
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 7 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 7] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #7)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 8 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 8] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #8)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 9 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 9] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #9)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 3 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 3] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #3)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 6 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 6] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #6)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 4 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 4] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #4)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 2 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 2] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #2)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 5 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 5] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #5)
  • 呪術廻戦 8 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #8)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • Jujutsu Kaisen, Vol. 7
  • 呪術廻戦 9 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #9)
  • Jujutsu Kaisen, Vol. 5
  • 呪術廻戦 3 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #3)
  • 呪術廻戦 6 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #6)
  • 呪術廻戦 2 [Jujutsu Kaisen 2]
  • 呪術廻戦 4 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #4)
  • 呪術廻戦 1 [Jujutsu Kaisen 1]
See top shelves…
HORIKOSHI Kouhei
Name (in native language): 堀越耕平
Associated Names:
Kouhei Horikoshi

Born 1986 in the prefecture Aichi, Horikoshi first attracted attention in the second half of 2006 when he entered Shueisha's 72th Tezuka Award for Newcomers with his one shot "Nukegara" and made it to the final six, where he gained himself an "Honorable Mention".
Various short stories in Shueisha's Akamaru JUMP followed

My Hero Academia (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • My Hero Academia, Vol. 1 (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)

News & Interviews