Start by marking “Mark of Faith (Warhammer 40,000)” as Want to Read:
Mark of Faith (Warhammer 40,000)

Mark of Faith

(Warhammer 40,000)

At long last - the Adepta Sororitas are back!

With the birth of the Cicatrix Maledictum the Imperium of Mankind suffers as never before. Conflict and corruption is rife on every front and precious little hope remains, save for those who hold to their faith when faced with destruction...

Denied a martyrs death during the battle for Ophelia VII, Sister Evangeline of the Order
Expected publication: May 26th 2020 by Games Workshop (first published November 29th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Mark of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mark of Faith

Start your review of Mark of Faith (Warhammer 40,000)
Michael Dodd
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After losing everything in defence of Ophelia VII, Sister Evangeline of the Order of Our Martyred Lady is sent on a divine quest to seek out the Shield of Saint Katherine in Imperium Nihilus. To Inquisitor Ravara of the Ordo Malleus, Evangelines mission offers the opportunity to serve her own ends and undo a terrible wrong. Haunted by ghosts of the past and wrestling with their duties, both find their faith tested and their paths profoundly challenged.

As with all the best Black Library books
Mhoram
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Adepta Sororitas have received a long-awaited revitalisation in the Warhammer 40k franchise, with this novel accompanying the release of the faction's first plastic models. And the novel does this revitalisation justice. Rachel Harrison crafts her characters masterfully; every scene is drenched in personality, and every action taken by the characters is motivated, understandable from the character's perspective. Before the book is a third over, we know all we need to know about them to ...more
John
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, owned, sci-fi
Rachel Harrison is KILLING it with these books. Right out of the gate she is vaulting to the top of the Black Library's authors.
Christian
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an outstanding strongly character driven novel about Evangeline, a Sister of Battle and Ravara, an Inquisitor as they try to find an ancient Imperial artifact and live up to impossibly high religious standards. Even the enemy has very understandable and, to a degree, sympathetic goals. The examination of relationships between all the characters and the moments of character self introspection are some of the best, most honest, and MOST MATURE Ive read in the genre. I sincerely hope we ...more
Valtier
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
(Audiobook) I loved the story, and the voice acting was also very good. The story keeps you on edge the whole time. The battles are very detailed, making it play in my mind like a movie.
Gave it 4* since I thought the ending was kind of weak and felt a bit rushed, compared to the rest of the book.
Frank
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
It has great momentum and great characters but the climax is a terrible let down, as well as being incredibly predictable. So when it ends I'm left with feeling it was only ok.
Amanda
I say
He says
She says
The linguistic depth of Mark of Faiths prose

Mark of Faith is an interesting enough take of the Battle Sisters mythos in the 41st millennium, and yet Mark of Faith does little to seperate itself from most 40k fiction. The story is what most readers have come to expect from this type of fiction which is neither good or bad.

As a regular reader of Black Librarys fiction, I found the linguistic depth of the novel to be disappointing. The book is far from unreadable as it has
Michal Gradecki
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately massive let down as been waiting for this book since it has been announced. Plot seems sooo overstretched that it could have easily been short story in some omnibus. Massive problem with BL is making author write book about products they are marketing at the time and very often it shows, there is feeling of author trying to just make it work but on few occasions I have been close to just giving up. Hopefully one day Dan Abnett will write about Adeptas Sororitas, that would be dream ...more
Jack Volante
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to this novel. I'm on an Adepta Sororitas bender right now and will devour anything about our beloved sisters.
The best bit for me would be the hard slog through the warp. Where the ship they are travelling on is literally falling apart after every jump. It's only the utter faith of the sisters that saves everyone.
The only negative for me was the ending. Not the satisfying ending I hoped for.

Still worth a read if you're a SoB fan. Looking forward to painting one of my
Melissa Martin
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Harrison has quickly become one of my favorite 40K writers. This wasn't the typical 40K story, as it was more about psychological than physical battles, but the characters were well developed and truly real. Whether you like them or not, you do connect to them. The only reason this wasn't a 5-star for me was the hint of social justice signaling... other than that it was a good story with great characters.
Zaphied
Adam Colclough
Dec 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Belisarius Cawl: The Great Work
  • The First Wall (The Siege of Terra #3)
  • The Lost and the Damned (The Siege of Terra #2)
  • The House of Night and Chain (Warhammer Horror)
  • The Oubliette (Warhammer Horror)
  • The Regent's Shadow (Watchers of the Throne #2)
  • Valdor: Birth of the Imperium (The Horus Heresy)
  • Rites of Passage (Lady Chettamandey #1)
  • Konrad Curze: The Night Haunter (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs, #12)
  • Requiem Infernal (The Dark Coil)
  • Armageddon Saint (Last Chancers #4)
  • Mephiston: City of Light (Mephiston #3)
  • The Carrion Throne (Vaults of Terra #1)
  • Fist of the Imperium (Space Marine Conquests #6)
  • The Hollow Mountain (Vaults of Terra #2)
  • Severed (Black Library Novella Series 2 #4)
  • The Colonel's Monograph (Black Library Novella Series 2 #10)
  • Isha's Lament (Black Library Novella Series 2 #3)
Rachel Harrison writes Warhammer 40k stories for Black Library. She also publishes under the name Ray Harrison.

Librarian note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Rachel^^Harrison

Warhammer 40,000 (1 - 10 of 1202 books)
  • Horus Rising (Horus Heresy #1)
  • False Gods (Horus Heresy #2)
  • Galaxy in Flames (The Horus Heresy #3)
  • The Flight of the Eisenstein (The Horus Heresy #4)
  • Fulgrim (The Horus Heresy #5)
  • Descent of Angels (The Horus Heresy #6)
  • Legion (The Horus Heresy #7)
  • Battle for the Abyss (The Horus Heresy #8)
  • Mechanicum (The Horus Heresy #9)
  • Tales of Heresy (The Horus Heresy #10)

News & Interviews