Start by marking “Bright Side (The Buchanans #3)” as Want to Read:
Bright Side (The Buchanans #3)

Bright Side (The Buchanans #3)

A firefighter with relationships gone wrong, a single mom who sparks a new romance and their second chance at Love.

After his relationship goes up in flames, Andrew Buchanan accepts a position as captain of a firehouse near his hometown.

Determined to invest the extra time with family and the new community, the last thing on his mind is romance...until an opportunity present
Kindle Edition
Published June 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bright Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bright Side

Start your review of Bright Side (The Buchanans #3)
Nicole
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Diversity Between the Pages

"You look at me like I'm going to light a match and set you on fire."

With a sweet romance, a fun family-centered storyline, and bits of humor sprinkled throughout, author Rose Fresquez creates a captivating contemporary romance novel that her readers will be sure to enjoy. Even though Bright Side is the third book in Rose Fresquez’s Buchanans series, it can easily be read as a stand-alone novel. This wonderful interracial firefighter romance series
Michaela
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book of the series and I loved these characters. Love after loss, an adorable little girl, soccer, facing fears... a wonderful novel that I sailed through.

I received an ARC of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Debbie Chatley
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful romance as the 3rd in the Buchanan series. I love how each of these books are stand alone stories, yet allow for a continuation of characters you fell in love with in the other books. Like in this book, getting to get an after peek into Ezra and Leila and Jake and Renee lives. While in this story Andrew and Bianca have some awkwardness and some past relationship history to put behind them if they are to have a shot at a future together. And to complicate things Bianca’s daughter Daisy ...more
Stox4story
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet book. There’s laughter that helps to balance out the pain that must be faced and overcome. There’s doubt…. doubt brought on from fear. There’s hope and there’s love… not the overnight kind of love, but love that builds from a firm foundation.

Both main characters, Bianca and Andrew, have to learn how to move on and face life after loss. They have to learn how to quit second guessing and start trusting. Ahhhh, but trusting makes one vulnerable to loss again.

The entire book is good, so
Anna
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has all the feels for me. Romance, family, and conflict, along with the perfect blend of characters.

I loved Andrew’s sibling relationships. They had me smiling and remembering fun times with my own brother and sister. The teasing yet obvious love they had for each other was written in a way that made me feel like part of the family.

Bianca was vulnerable, yet strong. I loved her family, especially her mom. Rose’s words painted a perfect picture of her character. I could imagine myself s
Donise
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-copy
This book can be read as a stand alone although previous characters do make appearances. This is the story of the new fire chief Andrew Buchanan and single mom, Bianca Lopez. Bianca has had a thing for Andrew for quite some time, but has not had the courage to act on her attraction. While at his sister's wedding, Andrew feels Bianca looking at him, but he cannot catch her eye and he cannot figure out what he has done to make her react the way she does when he comes near her. Little does Andrew k ...more
Trudy Cordle
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Andrew and Bianca's story!! Bianca has crushed on Andrew for awhile, but he's been involved with someone else. Bianca doesn't want to admit to herself or anyone else that she feels more for Andrew than she feels she ought to. Bianca keeps comparing herself to others and falling short. When she and Andrew finally start seeing each other, she's torn. Andrew's not sure what's going on, as one minute she acts like she likes him, and the next she doesn't. When Bianca finally realizes that she ...more
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Jul 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a great read that I really enjoyed. This book is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone book. I have not read any of the other books in the series, but do plan to go back and read them soon. Rose Fresquez is a new to me author, and I am so glad that I found her. This book was sweet, heart string tugging, thought provoking, and highly entertainning.

Written as a 3rd person, multi pov with a HEA ending. Good story line, good characters. Bianca was a bit flaky, but I still enjoye
Mzlegz
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was AWESOME!!! I loved Daisy right from the start...kids are brutally honest lol. Both Andrew and Bianca lived thru events that shook their beliefs in relationships, but God had another plan for them. Nothing like grace and mercy to get one thru tough times. It took Drew’s near death experience for Bianca to let go of her fears. This story brought tears to my eyes because the messages sprinkled throughout touched my spirit and gave me gentle reminders of Who’s REALLY in control. Can’t ...more
Lori R
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this sweet story mixed with hope, religion , and starting over after losing a spouse a few years ago. The story quickly pulled me in right at the start and did not let me go until I had finished the book.

I really liked the Buchanan family with their closeness. I also liked Andrew Buchanan and his firehouse family and his sense of community involvement. I enjoyed his relationship with Bianca and her cute daughter, Daisy. So glad things worked out for him! I received an advance copy of thi
Aurélie
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a touching story about two people finding each other after having experienced loss. Bianca lost her husband; Andrew’s girlfriend decided to leave to another state across the country, leaving him behind. As both work through their issues, new challenges arise in their relationship. Fear hinders Bianca to fully accept Andrew. He deals with rejection. Until both remember that God is in control of their lives.
I found the characters were very relatable and endearing and enjoyed this book imm
Julie
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story

A great, interesting story.
The inspiration in this story is uplifting & helpful: persistent love & persistent faith.
Her fears owned her & had for a long time. The little girl & her faith were uplifting. There are some funny scenes with Mama & the little girl.
He struggled to identify his emotions but was so steadfast once he figured it out.
Fantastic writer & story teller.
Kelly
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and I intend to read all the others as well. My favorite part was when Daisy was asking about heaven and Jesus. I love how Andrew answered her. It can be so hard to overcome fears and move on, but by God’s grace and strength, we can do it! Very well done!
Marlene
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another sweet romance. 2 people who have been hurt in love (one with death, the other being dumped) wade through new love. Both sides are unsure and misunderstandings and conflicts happen but it leads to better understanding and the willingness to trust and love. The idea of 2nd chances at love is explored. Can be read as part of the series or as a stand-alone.
Erralee Hendrian
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that this was a very enjoyable clean read and will definitely look for more stories about the Buchanans. Andrew Buchanen is a fireman who is asked by Ezra to coach 6/7 year old soccer and gets more than he bargained for when he meets Bianca. The story grabs your interest from the beginning and then the ending comes all too soon.
Elvira
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Andrew fell in love with Daisy, a fatherless sweetheart of a child that he coaches. Than he met her single mom Bianca and both felt the undeniable connection. These were amazing characters that drew me in from the beginning. The storyline was one I could easily have kept on reading.

Sheila
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Andrew has taken a firefighting position in his home town after a romance that did not work out. Bianca lost her husband in the military and is busy raising her daughter Daisy.
When they meet their chemistry can not be denied but they are cautious because of their past.
Loved it when they finally took a chance and little Daisy just makes this sweet story.
Betty Reynolds
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When God closes one door, another opens. When Andrew and Bianca find themselves single again, will a door to love open? Real love looks beyond first appearance to the heart, as God or as a child does.
This is an extra special romance and I truly loved it! I will be reading this new-to-me author again.

Teresa
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good love story! I love how the relationship developed between the daughter and the firefighter. I loved reading every page of this book. This is a clean read. Well worth the read.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Barbara
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The third book in The Buchanans series a well written story that I enjoyed reading. I want to read more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lenda Burns
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read.
This author is fairly new to me but I have really enjoyed all her books.
This one is no exception.
The characters are multi-faceted and so real to life.
The plot is well-written and I found that I didn't want to put it down.
Sharon Rieber Menge
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
loved this book. the store line was very interesting. had a hard time putting it down
Susanna Austin
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was a really sweet story. I loved the family and how it is growing. I look forward to reading more from this author.
HiDesert Granny
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My eyes were leaking for the last third of this stellar story of Andrew and Bianca. I love this series and couldn’t imagine how author Rose Fresquez could possibly make their story the least bit interesting. In the earlier books of the series they are both so closed off, although it seemed like they might hit it off, given a chance. However, Bianca’s comical reactions nearly every time they met made for amusing reading.

This captivating romance has it all. Well paced storyline, entertaining dialo
Bonnie Theel
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had everything I am looking for - clean, Christian, and romance all in one book. I don't want to give any of the storyline away. If this is the type of book you are looking for, you definitely have to read this! ...more
Connie L. Zwicke
Sep 28, 2020
Rod Davies
Nov 06, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Christmas with You  (San Diego Marines, #3)
  • Cowboys Don't Stand Under the Mistletoe
  • Show Me a Single Dad Cowboy  (Cowboy Crossing Romances)
  • Winter Wheat (At Home in Pennsylvania Amish Country #1)
  • Safe In His Arms (Life Unexpected #1)
  • Her Hope Discovered (Welcome to Ruby, #1)
  • Unmeasured (Unmatched #1)
  • The Christmas Promise
  • To Protect & Serve (Courage, #1)
  • Adore Me: A small-town later-life second chances romance - clean, sweet, emotional, and faith-filled! (Chapel Cove Romances Book 9)
  • His Small-Town Girl (Sutter's Hollow, #1)
  • The Dawn Wakers (Westward Wanderers, #2)
  • Bookish Princess (Modern Princess Collection, #5)
  • Lord of the Fleas (Marcia Banks and Buddy Mysteries #9)
  • Charmed by the Cowboy (Cowboys of Ransom Creek #3)
  • Two Peas in a Pod (Twin Oaks, #4)
  • Finding His Roots  (Destiny on the Doorstep #7)
  • Hopeful Cowboy  (Hope Eternal Ranch Romance #1)

News & Interviews