Start by marking “Every Kiss (Music, Love and Other Miseries, # 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Every Kiss (Music, Love and Other Miseries, # 0.5)

Every Kiss

(Music, Love and Other Miseries #0,5)

A Music, Love and Other Miseries story

He’s smooth, charming, arrogant and believes he can get whatever he wants—including her. Denying him is a challenge she can’t resist.

Published December 17th 2019 by Totally Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Every Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Kiss

Start your review of Every Kiss (Music, Love and Other Miseries, # 0.5)
Dianne
C.J. Burright’s introduction to her new series, Music, Love and Other Miseries set the perfect foundation for a contemporary romance series that is going to rock your romance reading world. Like the series says, there will be music, definitely love and yes, some pain and sadness that needs to be healed.

EVERY KISS is the story of one woman facing the first holiday after she lost the love of her life while putting on her happy façade for those around her. Gia may not be ready to ruin the office ho
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 3.5/5.0

The banter between the protagonists is fun, flirty, and intelligent, despite the fact that Ian is sexually indiscriminate.

Read full review in the 2020 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Wendy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is Christmas time and Gia's first Christmas without the love of her life. Joey passed away six months ago and Gia is still having a difficult time. The law firm Gia works in has an annual Holiday party and along with that party comes bets on who will kiss who beneath the mistletoe. Ian is Gia's boss and hopefully soon to be the new partner of the firm. Ian, Gia, and Lisette are all part of the bets that are flying around. Who will win and who will lose, that is the question. This was a quick ...more
Bookgyrl
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prequel
This is only the prequel to a book, so be forwarned that it has no happy ending or anything. This book is about Gia and Ian and they get their book with 'Every breath' (tbp February 2020).

Gia has lost the man she loves just 6 months ago. Ian is a lawyer at the firm she works. He has had an eye on Gia since he met her, but she was - and still is - out of his reach. He is only one-night-only material. Will there be a kiss under the mistletoe at the companies Christmas Party?

As I said, it is just
Gwessie Tee
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this enchanting festive romance, truly beautiful and can't wait to read more
vamsally
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute office romance

A very well written cute office romance. It is short and can feel a little not quite finished but as a prequel, that's expected. Despite short length, good enough character building with a dose of heat. Giving 3.5 stars. Voluntary and honest review after receiving ARC (advanced reader copy).
Destiny Bridwell
May 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. This is a prequel to the series. Gia is doing her best to give over a tragic loss only a few months earlier. This also means she is doing the best she can to not be tempted. All the women in the office are drawn in by Ian's charm, but Gia. Nothing really starts to pull them together until the holidays. Ian becomes a little obsessed and he is very intense. They story is kind of light, but steaming in all the right ways.
Danielle
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars
This is a novella to kick off the Music, Love and Other Miseries. I loved it. Got me excited to read the series.
Melinda
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Every Kiss is a short and quick read, that introduce Gia and Ian to the readers as their story follows on in “Every Breath”. Music, Love and Other Miseries set the perfect foundation for a romcom series that you are going to fall in love with and want to get your hands on the next book. Bring on “Every Breath” please . Happy reading!
Samantha
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
Every kiss is the introduction to the Gia and Ian saga. Gia has suffered a great loss and hasn’t fully recovered yet. Slowly her glitter girl ways are coming back out. Ian is the hardass lawyer who doesn’t lose. His fascination with Gia has gotten worse since she became single and now their a bet on whether or not she’ll be a victim to his charms and kisses. Things heat up but when reality comes calling.... how will they handle it ??

Loved this a lot and can’t wait for the full book.
Joyffree
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
"He tasted of whiskey and life and reckless decisions, and she wanted to get drunk on him"

I'm still dancing under the stars. That had to be one of the most poignant scenes I've ever read.
The moment was so vivid so tactile. (I caught myself swaying to the music)

Ian... Ian is your run of the mill over the top ego-driven lady indulging lawyers. Who really really does not like to lose.

Gia is sunlight, friendship, a warm fire on a stormy night.
Or she was. Her sparkle has dimmed a bit.
All is not lo
Kimberly List
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, netgalley
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I did not want this book to end. This introduction to Gia and Ian was everything you could want in a teaser novella. C.J. Burright really makes you feel the pain Gia is going through after losing the love of her life. She makes you feel how hard it is for her to put back on her sparkly shoes and become Glitter Girl again. Ian on the other hand makes you want to go find a hot lawyer and some mistletoe of your own. I can not wait to continue this series.

Christine Galletly

I thought that this was a really good story!

It was fast paced and it was an easy read that had a great natural flow to it. I thought that the characters were well developed and I liked getting to know them as the book developed.

There was a good mix of tension and romance in the book. It is 5 stars from me for this one, very highly recommended!
Jennifer Johnson
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, once I started it was hard to stop. The emotions between Gia and Ian are portrayed so good that you feel every bit of loneliness, excitement, hunger for each other, grief, hurt and so much more. The only negative I have is that just when you want more the book ends. I would love for it to carry on with the story and relationship or lack there of but i guess that will be what the next book is for.
Anadosen
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gia lost the love of her life and the spark that earned her the nickname ‘Glitter Girl’. When Christmas rolls near, along with her office-decorating duties and the traditional hiding of mistletoe for the underground holiday kissing bets.When I started reading I couldn't put it down.C.J. Burright is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
Zsa
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a short read that provides build up for the full story to follow, there will not be an HEA for now.
Gia has suffered the tragic loss of her beloved Every day Ian has kept his attraction to Gia to himself, for the most part.
Can the magic of Christmas and the glitz of the office party be the start of something special? Put aside the real world ideals of appropriate behaviour in the workplace to enjoy this short read.
Krystin
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this series that I've read but it had me just as hooked as the other books I've read from C.J. Once again her writing drew me straight in and I easily lost track of the time. I can't wait to be able to read the rest of this series now. The characters have so much personality as always and interact so well with each other.
Momotwins
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CJ has a gift. I have read at least a thousand books in my lifetime and I honestly haven't felt like this more than a handful of times. I can feel her characters like they are living breathing fully formed people. There is no doubt about it, she's got game in the writing world. So excited for this book and all the future ones she's gonna write.
Karen Roma
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Every Kiss is actually the prequel story in C.J. Burright’s Music, Love and Other Miseries series and sets the foundation for Gia and Ian’s story in Every Breath. But don’t be deterred, as this is a wonderful intro into a world filled with music, laughter, pain and tears. Yes, this one has a little of everything and it is only the beginning!
Kimberly
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A short introduction to Gia and Adara, who both lost the one person in their lives that was everything. For Gia the love of her life, who could ever compare to her planned HEA. But she finds a spark of life with the last man she should ever consider and Adara reminds her of that. It's a short but a very fascinating and heart thumping read that really gets you fired up for more.
Samantha Glass
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I quickly fell into this perfect for the holidays tale and it also left me hoping for the next in the series and to find out what happens next in the lives of these characters.
Full of fun, sass, fashion, and heat. More novella length, but well worth every page!
cassie
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
enjoyed every minute of the books
Tracie R
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trr
A sweet, heartwarming start to Music, Love and Other Miseries. The characters were believable and engaging, the story was well delivered and alluring. I thoroughly enjoyable read and one I recommend
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
This is a good prequel and can’t wait to read Gia and Ian’s full story. A nice fun novella and introduces characters for the next books. Addictive reading.
Sue Wallace
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every Kiss by C.J. Bright.
Six months ago, Gia lost the love of her life—and the spark that earned her the nickname ‘Glitter Girl’. When Christmas rolls near, along with her office-decorating duties and the traditional hiding of mistletoe for the underground holiday kissing bets, she puts on her happy face and pretends she isn’t slowly suffocating. But when cocky lawyer and resident eye-candy Ian bets that she’s the one who will be kissing him beneath the mistletoe, Gia places a bet of her own.
RateTheRomance
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written and engaging book with plenty of heat! NOTE: You are going to have to completely suspend your awareness of In-Office Sexual Harassment to enjoy this book! It's an HR nightmare in the real world, but this book is cheeky and fun.

I have to say I was unaware that this book is a PREQUEL to the other books in this series (my mistake) so the ending was rather abrupt and the story did not reach a satisfying conclusion. I wouldn't call this a "stand alone". Knowing that now, I woul
Angel Hatfield
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a decent read. It was light and quick to read. The characters were likable and the overall plot was good. I recommend.
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
Yvonne Cruz
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
This novella, is the prequel for the author’s new series, Music, Love and other Miseries. From what I could determine, it’s about how the death of a young man has affected various individuals in his life. In this case, his fiance, Gia.
It takes place mostly in an office environment with Gia, still recovering from the loss and Ian O’Connor the firm’s charismatic lawyer known for hjs one night stands and conquests. When he met her he thought of making him one of his conquests, but once he knew she
Jeanne
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
A fun spin on the Christmas office festivities. What's a little mistletoe between coworkers and a bet on the outcome? Gia hasn't quite gotten back to glitter girls status after the loss of her boyfriend. But she's trying to put on a good face for the Christmas holidays and get in the spirit of the office competition. Avoiding Ian may prove more difficult than she thought. He's enigmatic and she be lying if she said she hadn't thought about what a kiss would be like.
Tripti Srivastava
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
It's an interesting prequal of Ian and Gia's story. I liked the way it started with Christmas mistletoe kisses. Would love to read the full story. I liked Karen's character. Overall a heartwarming story.

• Breaking Christmas Traditions (Chiltern Hotel #2)
  • Cured (Heal Me Series Book 1)
  • Runaway Groom (The Logan Series, #1)
  • Three Minutes to Happiness (The Logan Series, #2)
  • Royal Holiday
  • The Wild One (Corisi Billionaires, #2)
  • Trying Not to Love You (Love, #1)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Dark Vortex: Mated By Magic, The Series
  • Good Girl (Siren Island #1)
  • Sinful Enemy (Sinfully Rich, #2)
  • The Hunted Wolf (Crystal Lake Forest Wolf Shifters, #2)
  • Taming the Wolf (Crystal Lake Forest Wolf Shifters, #1)
  • Valentine V Card
  • Beauty and the Boss
  • One Word Kill (Impossible Times #1)
  • Finding His Forever (Finding His Love Book 1)
  • Finding His One (Finding His Love Book 2)
***Sign up for C.J.'s newsletter!***

C.J Burright is a native Oregonian and refuses to leave. A member of Romance Writers of America and the Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal special interest chapter, while she has worked for years in a law office, she chooses to avoid writing legal thrillers (for now) and instead invades the world of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, or fantasy. C.J. also has her

Music, Love and Other Miseries (4 books)
  • Every Minute (Music, Love and Other Miseries, #1)
  • Every Breath (Music, Love & Other Miseries, #2)
  • Every Step (Music, Love and Other Miseries, #3)

News & Interviews