Start by marking “Swift the Chase: Scenes From 9 Fantastic Stories” as Want to Read:
Swift the Chase: Scenes From 9 Fantastic Stories

Swift the Chase: Scenes From 9 Fantastic Stories

Magic—danger—and the thrill of the chase!

Experience the rush of racing across rooftops with thieves—or the desperation of fleeing an assassin who knows you a little too well. From the fish market of a tropical island sultanate, to the monster-filled alleys of a steampunk London, to a land where souls take different forms as they rise or fall through the layers of the world
ebook
Published October 8th 2019 (first published September 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Swift the Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swift the Chase

Start your review of Swift the Chase: Scenes From 9 Fantastic Stories
Intisar Khanani
Sep 30, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am so thrilled to be part of this collection! I love the concept of a sampler of chase scenes as an action-packed way to meet new authors, and this collection definitely delivers a fantastic breadth of stories to your fingertips. I hope you'll take a chance on it and discover some amazing talents to follow!
Sherwood Smith
Oct 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Nine glimpses of chase scenes from different fantasies, offered for free!
Melissa McShane
Oct 09, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: own, rogues, fantasy
I enjoyed being part of this scene sampler. Some of the authors I'd never heard of before being invited to participate, some of them I have long admired, but all of them are so talented. I've added a lot of books to my teetering TBR pile!
Casey Blair
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Full disclosure, I am one of the authors in this anthology and may be biased accordingly =). But if I do say so myself, this is a great introduction to work by some truly fantastic authors!
Raf Morgan
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A book! That I'm in! That I made happen! I'm biased for myself but especially 5 stars for all the terrific authors who went in on this project of love that I dreamed up. It's a great introduction to these authors' work, especially if you like chase scenes (which I do, obviously).
Jackie
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful selection of stories to make you carefree Chasing over rooftops and more. This is what the magic in books is all about. Don’t miss out.
H.S. Skinner
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the snippets! I'm quite sure I just found a bunch of new authors to follow, and read a few glimpses from some favorite authors' works!
Linda Lassman
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
As with any collection, some stories I liked, some I didn't like, and some were ok. The reason I only gave this 3 stars--and it's totally my fault for just buying the book because of one of the included authors and not actually reading the subtitle--was that it was a collection of chase scenes. Except for one short story, each one was a few pages from a larger work. There were a couple that caught my attention enough to make me want to check out the author's other writing, but mostly I was vague ...more
Heather
Apr 13, 2020
jennet wheatstonelllsl Proc
Jun 25, 2020
julie parks
rated it did not like it
Aug 12, 2020
Eliana
Oct 23, 2019
Laura Jackson
Mar 14, 2020

• Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori, #1)
  • The Other Family
  • Visions of the Damned
  • My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5)
  • Drowned Country (The Greenhollow Duology, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • Gods of Jade and Shadow
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Animated Architecture: Modern Magick Collected Volume 1 (Modern Magick, #1-3)
  • When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1
  • Summer in the Elevator
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • The Unnamed Bears Favor
Intisar Khanani grew up a nomad and world traveler. Born in Wisconsin, she has lived in five different states as well as in Jeddah on the coast of the Red Sea. She currently resides in Cincinnati, Ohio, with her husband and two young daughters. Prior to publishing her novels, Intisar worked as a public health consultant on projects relating to infant mortality and minority health, which was as clo ...more