Start by marking “A Tangle of Spells (A Pinch of Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Tangle of Spells (A Pinch of Magic, #3)

A Tangle of Spells

(A Pinch of Magic #3)

Everyone knows that magic and trouble go hand in hand...

A dangerous spell cast over an unsuspecting village.
An enchanted painting locked in a hidden room.
A desperate race against time to break the spell before it's too late...

It should have been a fresh start for the Widdershins. Finally free from the misty gloom of Crowstone and beginning a new life. But all is not as it
Published February 4th 2021 by Simon & Schuster Children's UK

Start your review of A Tangle of Spells (A Pinch of Magic, #3)
Gavin
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magic and wonder awaits the Widdershins sisters as they venture to a new village that is shrouded in a dark power. Can Betty, Charlie and Fliss save Pendlewick from the threat of witches before they also fall under their spell?

'A Tangle of Spells' is the third book in the Widdershins Adventures, with the first book being 'A Pinch of Magic' and the second book being 'A Sprinkle of Sorcery'. I have loved every single book in this series to date and 'A Tangle of Spells' is absolutely no different -
Tina
This is a middle grade book, and this is the 3rd book in A Pinch of Magic series. I love this book so much, and I cannot put into words how much I loved this book. The characters where great and well-written. The magic in this book was done differently then any other book I have read, and the mystery parts where really well-done. I loved all the twists and turns that was in this book. There was drama for the beginning, and it took a little to get into this book. I have to say the book cover of t ...more
Resh (The Book Satchel)
Oh my! MICHELLE HARRSION IS GOOD!!!I
Katy
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Tangle of Spells is the magical third book in the Widdershins sister's books, and Michelle Harrison does not disappoint! We continue to follow Betty, Fliss and Charlie as they get up to their next adventure since trouble doesn't leave them alone for long. Having moved away from crowstone to the new village of Pendlewick, the sisters move into a mysterious new house (which is very creepy) and a village which seems to have lots of secrets beneath the surface.

Michelle Harrison always excels at wr
Philippa
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley, the publishers and the author for this advanced reader copy ebook.

So, I read the first book in this series purely based its cover – I saw it in the window of Waterstones and just had to have it. And I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. So I devoured the second and was chuffed to pieces to be able to read the third one before publication date.

And what a book! The imagination of Ms Harrison is quite astounding – I absolutely loved the idea of a secret room and the T
Cecewrites23
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Tangle of Spells
By Michelle Harrison
Release date 4th February 2021
Rating *****
Thank you to @simonkids_UK and @netgalley for the ARC for this book
Synopsis
Everyone knows that magic and trouble go hand in hand...

A dangerous spell cast over an unsuspecting village.
An enchanted painting locked in a hidden room.
A desperate race against time to break the spell before it's too late...

It should have been a fresh start for the Widdershins. Finally, free from the misty gloom of Crowstone and beginnin
Becca_bookworm
Wendy
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Continuing the tales of Fliss, Betty and Charlie and with old and new faces. Fliss becomes lovesick. Mrs Webb aka Ivy Bell places a curse on Fliss and the others. Strange events start to happen, Teamwork by this friendly trio broke the curse.
Another brilliant magical story, which was a delight to read
Read with my ten year old son who absolutely loved it. In fact it was he who begged for me to request this title, having reviewed previous books by Michelle Harrison
Thanks to #NetGalley for the op
Hadia
Aug 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: middle-grade
Annnnddd we have a title!!!! *Screams internally*

Edit: Look at this beautiful cover!! I am literally drooling....
Takealookinsideabook
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loveee, 2021
"Hocus pocus, hubble bubble,
Magic always leads to trouble.
Three brave sisters, one fresh start,
How long till it falls apart?"

I love this series so much! I love Charlie's curiosity and bravery, and her love for animals! I think she's my favourite as she reminds me so much of myself.

Another magical and mysterious installment from Michelle Harrison & I was enchanted the whole time!
Can't wait for the next book in the series 💙
Marloes
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Tangle of Spells is a deliciously dark and mysterious read. From start to finish it kept me on my seat and I loved every single second of being immersed in yet another gem from Michelle Harrison!
Vicky
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow.
Izzi
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to the publisher and Netgalley for this preview. I pretty much devoured the third helping of the Widdershins sisters in one sitting. It was great to be with the sisters again as the adventures move to the mainland as the family move into their new home.
The ever curious Betty uncovers a secret room in Blackbird cottage and things start to unravel.
This was a great adventure, with twists and turns throughout. I was gripped. This is one of those books where you are hooked and des
I _teach_muggles
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My favourite sisters, the Widdershins, are back for a brand new adventure. A Tangle of Spells is the third book in the adventures of the Widdershins sisters. Michelle Harrison has truly had me under her spell ever since I read the first story about sisters Fliss, Betty and Charlie. 'A Pinch of Magic’ was magical by the bucket-load and ‘A Sprinkle of Sorcery’ was an epic adventure. The question was, could Harrison magic up another spellbinding read. The answer is a resounding yes. A Tangle of Spe ...more
Mila
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Tangle of Spells is the third adventure following Betty Windershins and her sisters, picking up not long after A Sprinkle of Sorcery as the Widdershins family sets off for a new life in a new city now that they finally have the means to leave Crowestone. Originally excited for this move, the girls can't help but be disappointed at the crooked old house that is their new home. It's filled with cobwebs, and even more disturbing, objects meant to ward off evil. While cleaning in hopes of bringing ...more
Sifa Poulton
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received an eARC from the publishers through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. It has not affected my opinions.

A TANGLE OF SPELLS is a rapidly paced adventure that sees the Widdishins sisters leave their island for a new life on the mainland, but they can't put their magical adventures behind them as danger seems to follow them wherever they go.

A TANGLE OF SPELLS feel different to how I remember the first two books. It felt more like an atmospheric mystery bordering on MG horror, rat
Sally
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Although I am not a child or young adult this was the perfect story for me! I absolutely loved it. I discovered the Widdershin sisters during lockdown and have now read all three in this series. If anything, I think that A Tangle of Spells is my favourite although I hugely enjoyed all of them. Being an adult, and therefore not strictly speaking the designated audience for the book, it is a joy to return to the magical possibility of children’s fiction again. It feels so incredibly liberating to ...more
Caitlyn
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC of this book from NetGalley and Simon and Schuster in exchnage for an honest review.

This installment continues the triumph that is the 'A Pinch of Magic' series of books! I'm not sure if this is the end of the series or not, but if it is, sad as I will be to have no more Widdershin's sisters adventures, I'm very happy with the way everything concluded.

In this book, the sisters, their father and Granny are finally leaving Crowstone to begin a new life away from the islands. Soo
Lauren Bateman
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Windershins sister are meant to be getting a fresh start in a new lovely village free of the gloom and magic of Crowstone. Their new neighbours are acting strangely and who whisper stories of the witch in the forest.

I love the expansion of this world to include the new village of Pendlewick which made me think of a quaint little country village however, it all seems slightly off. When Betty and Charlie are the only ones who do not fall under the witches spell, it is up to them to go and save
D
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley for the free arc in exchange for an honest review.

A Tangle of Spells, the latest in Harrison's A Pinch of Magic series takes us on another of the Widdershin sisters' adventures.

The sisters are leaving Crowstone island for Pendlewick, an idyllic looking village. However, not all is what it seems. The tale of the strange Hungry tree, the Tick-Tock forest, and songs of evil witches are just a few of the weird parts of Pendlewick, but something much darker is at work.

The stran
Effy
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing Widdershins adventure! I can't get enough of these books, the tiny bit of magic makes them consistently intriguing and I love the use of superstition and folklore.

This book was a little bit scary in places and felt quite different from the previous two. I still found it really easy and enjoyable but it was also a little bit creepy ;)

Definitely recommend these books!

As with the other two books, whilst this book is part of a series, the story is fairly self-contained and I believ
Steph Kimble
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Harrison has a knack for writing stories that grip you from the word go, and this is no different. The Widdershins sisters are at it again for another adventure, this time in their new village of Pendlewick. Magic, witches and curses - oh my! Fliss, Betty and Charlie must figure out the secret of Pendlewick and save the ones they love, and some other characters besides. By far the spookiest, creepiest entry in the Pinch of Magic series, A Tangle of Spells is a must read for anyone who l ...more
Dreximgirl
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was brilliant! I love Michelle Harrison's writing and this final book in the Widdershin's sisters trilogy did not disappoint. Betty is such a brilliant character, as are the other sisters but I especially love Betty's determination and bravery. This story felt very atmospheric and definitely very creepy at times. Overall I really really enjoyed it and I am going to miss these girls a lot. ...more
Payal
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Sisters, magic, witches, adventure, what’s not to like? I was delighted to discover that this is a series, and will definitely be seeking out the other books. Highly recommended for all readers who love middle-grade fantasy.

Review copy from NetGalley.
Tresillian
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Widdershin sisters. Although I was sad to leave Crowstone in this book, the new setting is just as enjoyable and mysterious. The links and ties to the previous books were also very nice. Overall just a great series and a joy to read. ...more
Laura Bartrum
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this series. The writing is just amazing and totally absorbs you Into the story. I had so many emotions whilst reading and was totally gripped. Loved every bit of this book. Pure perfection
Jelke
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2021-reads
actual rating: 4.5 ✨
Omiai
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow did I love this book!
I'd say it is both the best book in the series and my favourite of Harrison's books. Also one of the best books I've read in a while! Truly a great read!
Tammie
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Read- February 2021
- Words cannot describe how much I adore this series. I haven't felt this excited about a book in so long and it's one of the easiest 5 stars I've ever given.
Paula Hale
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic adventure with the Widdershins. I do love this series so much.

• Murder on the Safari Star (Adventures on Trains #3)
  • The Miracle on Ebenezer Street
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • Tinsel (The Girls Who Invented Christmas)
  • Me, My Dad and the End of the Rainbow: Brighten up February with the most joyful book of the year!
  • The Ocean Squid Explorers' Club
  • The Midnight Library
  • A Kind of Spark
  • The House at the Edge of Magic
  • Return to Roar
  • The Castle of Tangled Magic
  • The Valley of Lost Secrets
  • Escape From Aurora (Frostheart #2)
  • Tilly and the Map of Stories (Pages & Co., #3)
  • The Haunting of Aveline Jones
  • These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
  • Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
My first children's novel, THE 13 TREASURES, won the Waterstone's Children's Book Prize and has been sold for translation in 17 countries worldwide. It's followed by two sequels: THE 13 CURSES and THE 13 SECRETS, and a prequel, ONE WISH.

I've also written UNREST, a ghost story for young adult readers, and THE OTHER ALICE. My latest novel is A SPRINKLE OF SORCERY, the sequel to the best-selling A PI

A Pinch of Magic (3 books)
  • A Pinch of Magic (A Pinch of Magic, #1)
  • A Sprinkle of Sorcery (A Pinch of Magic, #2)