Start by marking “Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite” as Want to Read:
Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite

Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite

Eleven fresh vampire stories from young adult fiction’s leading voices!

In this delicious new collection, you’ll find stories about lurking vampires of social media, rebellious vampires hungry for more than just blood, eager vampires coming out―and going out for their first kill―and other bold, breathtaking, dangerous, dreamy, eerie, iconic, powerful creatures of the night.
Published September 22nd 2020 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Vampires Never Get Old, please sign up.
Kayla Burton The first story has a probably pan character, there are at least two stories with gay characters, at least two with lesbians and a story with a trans …moreThe first story has a probably pan character, there are at least two stories with gay characters, at least two with lesbians and a story with a trans main character. (less)

Start your review of Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite
Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss

Maybe vampires are getting old? I’m sorry, friends. This was just not the anthology for me. I feel like I might have had way too high of expectations going into this, based on the author list alone. Sadly, I felt like most of these stories just left you wanting more, but not in the good way. In the way of the actual short story felt very pointless. There were a few gems throughout, but for the most part this was a very lackluster and forgettable antholo
megs_bookrack
LOOK AT ALL THE GREAT AUTHORS CONTRIBUTING TO THIS ANTHOLOGY!!!

Is this not going to be the most magical collection to pick up just before Spooktober!?!?

I cannot wait to get my hands on this 🙌
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This collection had so much potential, but sadly, most of these stories were boring at best and a disaster at worst. Full breakdown/review coming soon 💔

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Buddy read with Melanie!
Iris
Oct 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
I NEED THIS VICTORIA SCHWAB IS WRITING A STORY FOR IT DESCRIBED AS "A super gay vampire story about two girls who each have a crush, and a secret??"

NEED IT NEED IT NEED IT!!! CAN I HAVE IT NOW PLEASE?!?!?!?!
Kai
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: queer, to-buy
If you make Victoria Schwab, Julie Murphy and Mark Oshiro write vampire stories, it is the final nail in the coffin of my fatal tbr list. Florence Welch, please help me to some holy water and garlic bread?
Heather
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Honestly I was underwhelmed by this book. There were a few stories I really loved and alot of them...meh. I also wanted them to be about 10 pages longer but maybe that's just me. Didn't fill my vampire love sadly.

Story Ratings

The Boy and the Bell by Heidi Heilig: 3

In Kind by Ka
Peyton Reads
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
I individually rated each story and averaged it to reach a 3 star rating for the collection.

1. Seven Nights for Dying by Tessa Gratton: 2 stars
7. Vampires Never Say Die by Zoraida Córdova & Natalie C. Parker: 2 stars
8. Bestiary by Laura Ruby:
☆ Mira ✷
Oct 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
For this anthology, Victoria Schwab is writing "a super gay vampire story about two girls who each have a crush, and a secret" so I'm already planning how hard I'm gonna launch myself into the sun :)
Lea (drumsofautumn)

This anthology really did a lot for me.. but sadly not what I think it was supposed to do. Instead of making me excited for a vampire renaissance, it kinda made me hope we actually never get one.

I went into this anthology expecting to see a whole lot of identities portrayed in vampire stories that we haven't gotten before. I was looking forward to seeing vampires of colour, queer and genderqueer vampires, fat vampires, disabled vampires. And while we definitely got some of that, I feel like this
anya
Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-in-2020
"A super gay vampire story about two girls who each have a crush?"......

Deborah
Nov 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I don't even like vampires, but I'm a simple Victoria Schwab fan: I see the words "Victoria Schwab"/"V.E. Schwab", I add it to my to-read shelf.
Sam
Shelves: 2020
I literally only really want this book for Victoria Schwab's story that is apparently "super gay" about two vampire girls who have secret crushes

yes please
Maëlys
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020-releases, arc
☆ 2.45 / 5 ☆
(average rating)

So I know I’m not the biggest reader of short stories and anthologies but.. this one especially did not work for me at all. Most of these short stories left me unsatisfied and like they were unfinished pieces of a bigger narrative. The afterword after each story might have told me the intention of each piece but unfortunately in many cases they did not achieve their goals.

SEVEN NIGHTS FOR DYING, Tessa Gratton

☆ 3.5 / 5 ☆

“You need to live I think because it’s been d
Ivy Moore
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: coming-soon-20
Full review: https://bookpeopleteens.wordpress.com...

“When you leave this place, step out into late evening quiet for the first time, reborn. Take in the glittering, crumbling streets around you. Look into the ink-black night. It’s dark. And full of diamonds. And you, dear one, are made of stardust.” from "A Guidebook to the Newly Sired Desi Vampire" by Samira Ahmed

Overall, Vampires Never Get Old has the biggest sucker punch of a titular pun I’ve ever read and nearly a dozen modern blood-sucking
Hailee
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
OVERALL: some stories were spectacular while others were just meh which is why this is a solid ☆ ☆ ☆. this was filled with all different kinds of representation which was awesome! and i'll always love a good vampire story.

INDIVIDUAL:
seven nights for dying: ☆ ☆ ☆ nothing spectacular but i did enjoy how the ritual of becoming a vampire was different than what you usually see; i liked how a continued theme was that the best vampires are those who are raised as girls (resilient, adaptable, and pisse
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Imprint for the review copy! 😍
Robin
I've officially decided to DNF this. I had such high hopes for this anthology, the concept was everything I thought I wanted. But unfortunately I read the first 6 stories and gave them all 3 stars or less.. and I just can't push through any more.
Sahitya
Average Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.1

The editor’s note at the beginning talk about the various literature through which readers have gotten introduced to the lore of vampires through the years, but I think my first encounter was through Twilight and The Vampire Diaries; that too after a couple of movies/seasons had already released respectively. But I did go on to read a lot of paranormal stuff after and developed a love for vampire stories. So when I saw the announcement for this anthology, I was very ex
✨Brithanie Faith✨
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐.5

e-ARC provided by NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I didn't love Vampires Never Get Old as much as I was hoping I would, but it was still a solid anthology and there was something about each story that I enjoyed! My favourite stories were written by Dhonielle Clayton, Rebecca Roanhorse, and Victoria Schwab, but there were several stories in here that would make excellent novels!

I'm counting this one as a success, because anthologies and me don't norm
Emma
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
This anthology features 11 short stories written by beloved and acclaimed authors. I appreciated how original some of the stories were and also how each other tackled the topic of vampire in a different and unique way. Not one story was the same, that's for sure, there was a good mix.

The stories that stood out the most to me are Seven Nights for Dying by Tessa Gratton where the main character has the choice to become a vampire. I just think it was very interesting to read her thought process.
Vee_Bookish // YA Book Blogger
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as want-to-read-new
I want Vampires to be popular again pls
Gerardine  Betancourt
Vampires Never Get Old is a collection of eleven short stories by a diverse cast of famous YA authors. Like all anthologies that I read before, there were stories that I liked more than others. One of my favorites was
Mirrors, Windows & Selfies by Mark Oshiro. Unfortunately there were more that I found a bit boring and chessy for my taste. Maybe I'm not the right audience for this anthology but I'm sure a lot of people will love it.
The Arc of this book was provided by Macmillan Children'
Isabel
Oct 31, 2018 marked it as anticipated-releases
Will gladly sell my soul (or neck) for a copy of this!
Brogan Lane
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
The Nerd Daily
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Mimi Koehler

It’s a truth universally acknowledged that in a collection of short stories, there will be some you love and some you can’t stand. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles. Or at least, that’s what I thought, until I read Vampires Never Get Old. In one sitting… because I could not put this down!

Vampires Never Get Old is a curated short story selection featuring some of the crème de la crème of fiction writing. From Julie Murphy to Vic
Fanna
Aug 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
August 03, 2020: This is going to be diverse af and I'm here for it.
Kennedy
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Oh boy. (2.5)

I think we got too many "sparkly vampire stories," rather than the gothic, Dracula-esque stories that I was hoping for. Just not for me, unfortunately.

~Seven Nights for Dying~

I'm going to be totally honest -- I didn't finish this one. In fact, I stopped reading after the third page. I just couldn't get over the writing; it was too cringey for me (can I use that word in 2020? I'm using that word anyway). Not off to a great start.

~The Boys from Blood River~

I'm, sorry, but what the he
Bethany
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-interested
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

I love that vampires are coming back! Vampires Never Get Old is a YA anthology that takes a fresh look at vampire mythology, with an eye to issues of race, gender, sexuality, gender identity, and abledness. As with most anthologies I definitely enjoyed some stories more than others, but overall I had a good time with the collection. I liked that the editors have brief sections at the end of each story where they are in conversation with the themes and ideas it is unpackin
Anna Banana
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, lgbt-reads
I wanted to read all the short stories but I skipped three of them. I might go back and read them eventually but I just wasn't feeling them and they were super short so I'm counting this as a read regardless.

Anyway, here's my rating for the short stories I did read:

Seven Nights for Dying by Tessa Gratton-4.5 star I really liked this one! It’s so different and her interpretation of vampires was so interesting to me! I also liked that this was the first one we start with because it kinda surprise
KristynRene SwissCheese JellyBean

I miss vampires and I need this book yesterday.

We already know there will be gay vampires (Bless you Victoria Schwab) but can we please-I'm-begging-you also get some POC vampires and a Hades Persephone storyline set in timelines of vast diverse cultures?!?!

Already telling by the list of authors, this may be the most diverse and outstanding collection of vampire goodiness to ever surface in the literary world. OHMYGOSH.

The author of Anger is a Gift will be included and that gives

• The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1)
  • Once & Future (Once & Future #1)
  • The Lady from the Black Lagoon: Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick
  • [Don't] Call Me Crazy
  • A Kingdom for a Stage (For a Muse of Fire #2)
  • We Are the Ants
  • Cemetery Boys
  • Piranesi
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Way You Make Me Feel
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • Loathe at First Sight
  • Fence, Vol. 1
Zoraida Córdova is the author of many fantasy novels for kids and teens, including the award-winning Brooklyn Brujas series, Incendiary, and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: A Crash of Fate. Her short fiction has appeared in the New York Times bestselling anthology Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View, Star Wars The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark, Come on In: 15 Stories About Immigration and Fi ...more

Articles featuring this book

They’re baaaaaaack! Young adult vampires, that is. Fifteen years after Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight took the world by storm, we’re seeing a...
“In the clear and steady gleam of electric lights, superstition turns to foolishness; in the crucible of the combustion engine, false beliefs are burned away.” 0 likes
“But not acknowledging something doesn’t make it go away. Most of the time it makes it worse.” 0 likes