Start by marking “Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite” as Want to Read:
Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite

Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite

Eleven fresh vampire stories from young adult fiction’s leading voices!

In this delicious new collection, you’ll find stories about lurking vampires of social media, rebellious vampires hungry for more than just blood, eager vampires coming out―and going out for their first kill―and other bold, breathtaking, dangerous, dreamy, eerie, iconic, powerful creatures of the night.
Expected publication: September 22nd 2020 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Vampires Never Get Old, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampires Never Get Old

Start your review of Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite
Iris
Oct 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
I NEED THIS VICTORIA SCHWAB IS WRITING A STORY FOR IT DESCRIBED AS "A super gay vampire story about two girls who each have a crush, and a secret??"

NEED IT NEED IT NEED IT!!! CAN I HAVE IT NOW PLEASE?!?!?!?!
☆ Mira ✷
Oct 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
For this anthology, Victoria Schwab is writing "a super gay vampire story about two girls who each have a crush, and a secret" so I'm already planning how hard I'm gonna launch myself into the sun :)
Melanie
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss

i am so very excited for this! <3

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch
Kai
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: queer, to-buy
If you make Victoria Schwab, Julie Murphy and Mark Oshiro write vampire stories, it is the final nail in the coffin of my fatal tbr list. Florence Welch, please help me to some holy water and garlic bread?
megs_bookrack
LOOK AT ALL THE GREAT AUTHORS CONTRIBUTING TO THIS ANTHOLOGY!!!

Is this not going to be the most magical collection to pick up just before Spooktober!?!?

I cannot wait!
anya
Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-in-2020
"A super gay vampire story about two girls who each have a crush?"......

Deborah
Nov 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I don't even like vampires, but I'm a simple Victoria Schwab fan: I see the words "Victoria Schwab"/"V.E. Schwab", I add it to my to-read shelf.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
release date: September 2020

this is an anthology about vampires and it looks fantastic !!
Sam
Shelves: 2020
I literally only really want this book for Victoria Schwab's story that is apparently "super gay" about two vampire girls who have secret crushes

yes please
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Imprint for the review copy! 😍
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I am so, SO ready for this.

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Isabel
Oct 31, 2018 marked it as anticipated-releases
Will gladly sell my soul (or neck) for a copy of this!
Vee_Bookish // stan shea couleé
Jun 30, 2020 marked it as want-to-read-new
I want Vampires to be popular again pls
Ivy Moore
Feb 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: coming-soon-20
I just realized the pun in the title and honestly, that just makes me even more excited for this anthology. If that was possible.
KristynRene The Hype Queen of Books

I miss vampires and I need this book yesterday.

We already know there will be gay vampires (Bless you Victoria Schwab) but can we please-I'm-begging-you also get some POC vampires and a Hades Persephone storyline set in timelines of vast diverse cultures?!?!

Already telling by the list of authors, this may be the most diverse and outstanding collection of vampire goodiness to ever surface in the literary world. OHMYGOSH.

The author of Anger is a Gift will be included and that gives
Cillian
Love Natalie C. Parker and Laura Ruby. Love them both; I will definitely read any books if their names are on it...
Zoraida Córdova on the other hand? Ugh, I wish her name wasn't there.
No me gusta.
Dia
Dec 02, 2018 marked it as 2020-releases

hello you said vampires and I am here
Celia McMahon
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me start this review by saying, I am not a short story reader nor a short story author and because of that, I was a bit wary. But seeing the list of all these authors that I adore, I knew I had to give it a shot.

Because vampires.

I won't break down the stories since I want you all to go in and be surprised as I was. But only express my joy of seeing vampires make a comeback-ish.

Seeing as these were short stories, I found myself invested in these characters and sad every time they ended which
Monogamist
May 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
take my money!! my blood, my kidney... whatever!! I want this now!!!

Brittany Smith
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Alright: a short story collection novel about VAMPIRES and poc/lgbt diversity. I’m generally not a short story reader but why not! I figured I could do little sentence summaries of each story so people know what to expect.
1. Seven Nights for Dying by Tessa Gratton. A bisexual girl meets a vampire and has a week (how long the transition takes) to decide whether or not to become an immortal vampire.
2. Mirrors, Windows, & Selfies by Mark Oshiro. A gay Hispanic born-v
Andrew
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, lgbtq
It's been quite some time since vampires were in the YA spotlight-- this anthology brings them back with a vengeance. Not only is this a top-tier lineup of authors, they've all written deliciously enticing and enamoring stories that would be easy justified in becoming complete novels. Who wouldn't fall for the charming vampire cowboy with sacrifice up his sleeve? And the vampire girl with her romantic sights set on the star cheerleader that moonlights as a slayer? Uh, SOLD! I certainly sunk my t ...more
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
I LOVE THE YA VAMPIRE RENAISSANCE! Look at all the diverse voices contributing to this vampire anthology! 💗💗💗
Blog | Twitter | Pinterest
Nad
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
bless this anthology for having diverse vampires!!
RTC
Simant | Flipping Through the Pages
So excited to finally have a diverse vampires anthology!
Arien
May 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
Yes, I'm doing this for Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch.
Cande
Oct 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
This is going to be the best anthology ever. Sorry, I don't make the rules. I'm so ready for the vampires to come back!
Bianca Caraza
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vampires Never Get Old is not so much an anthology as a bound collection of love letters to those of us who miss the Barnes and Noble paranormal romance section circa 2008. If Stephanie Meyer and Melissa de la Cruz were right up there on your shelf next to Bram Stoker and Anne Rice, this book might be right up your dark alley. If you, like me, spent the Great Vampire Renaissance that was the late aughts writing Lestat fan-fiction and wondering why vampirism only seemed to happen to white, straig ...more
Sarah Leigh
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the interest of full disclosure, I have to first state that I am a sucker (get it?) for a good vampire story. Funny, serious, bloody, scary, full novel or short story - you name it, I'll read it. Starting with Sunshine by Robin McKinley, I have always loved a good bloody vampire tale with fresh bite.

So you can believe me when I say that this anthology? Is absolute perfection in storytelling. The stories are all incredibly well written and structured, focusing on an element of classic vampire
Amanda Greco
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's been a severe lack of vampire books out in the world recently. We went from the major hype and over saturation post-Twilight to just nothing. It seems as if the only vampire books that are being released are dollar store smut novels, so let me be the first to say that it's refreshing and needed for more vampires in the YA-verse. Vampire Never Get Old is a FANG-tastic (lol I like puns) reintroduction to the vampires we know and love, but with new takes and new stakes. Each of the well-kno ...more
Sheri
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I miss vampires too - and these vamps are like no others you've ever seen! The description of this book includes the word "delicious" and truly that is the perfect word for it. The collection deserves more than 5 stars!

I raced through this book but also didn't want it to end. Each of the stories in this collection is unique and will re-imagine everything you've read about vampires before. We have a transgender grave digger, a disabled girl who turns into a revenge-seeking vampire, vampires on s

• Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1)
  • Once & Future (Once & Future #1)
  • The Lady from the Black Lagoon: Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick
  • (Don't) Call Me Crazy
  • A Kingdom for a Stage (For a Muse of Fire #2)
  • Now That I've Found You
  • We Are the Ants
  • The Voting Booth
  • The Cousins
  • The Black Kids
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • The Ship Beyond Time (The Girl From Everywhere, #2)
  • Carmilla
  • Clap When You Land
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • Cinderella Is Dead
Zoraida Córdova is the author of many fantasy novels for kids and teens, including the award-winning Brooklyn Brujas series, Incendiary, and Star Wars: A Crash of Fate. Her short fiction has appeared in the New York Times bestselling anthology Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View, Star Wars The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark, Come on In: 15 Stories About Immigration and Finding Home, and ...more