Start by marking “The Truth About Fame (Faith & Fortune, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Fame (Faith & Fortune, #2)

The Truth About Fame

(Faith & Fortune #2)

Oddly enough, the tall, dark, and all-too handsome bodygu
Published July 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Fame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Fame

Start your review of The Truth About Fame (Faith & Fortune, #2)
Beth Erin
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Truth About Fame is as delightful as Mr. Marcel Fox himself. Teasing is always good-natured and never excessive. Big emotions and life-long commitment are gently hinted at until the timing is just right. Relationships are always built on love, faith, and everyday life.

Tori is wound a little tight at times and that's the characteristic I most identified with. From my experience, I knew she needed a steady, patient man in her life. Marcel is a perfect blend of fierce protector and down-to-eart
Nicole
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Diversity Between the Pages and Inkwell Inspirations

"Despite what most people thought, fame wasn't all it was cracked up to be."

The Truth About Fame is the second book in Toni Shiloh’s new Christian Chick Lit series, Faith & Fortune. It is recommended that the Faith & Fortune series be read in order, starting with The Trouble With Love, since the characters and storylines continue throughout the series.

In The Truth About Fame, supermodel Tori Bell finds herself w
MJSH
"To be known, really known, was all I'd ever wanted."

I've always enjoyed Toni Shiloh's books but this book has become my favorite by the author. I didn't read the first book in Faith & Fortune series but this can be read as a stand-alone since the author explains all pertinent events from the first book. It's a heart-rending, raw, beautifully real story with sass, a hefty amount of grace and forgiveness, and a dose of suspense in the plot. If you enjoy contemporary romance, you can't miss this o
Brittany
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Truth About Fame is book two in the Faith and Fortune series. I loved book one, The Trouble With Love, and I loved book two even more! I would definitely recommend reading the series in order, because the friendships and relationships between all of the characters overlap and are very important to the stories.

The attraction between Fox and Tori has been simmering since he became her bodyguard in book one. I loved the way it began to morph into more in this story. Even though they hadn’t know
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tori and Fox! The both of them kept me laughing, shaking my head at them and swooning most times. The "enemity" between them at first was just so hilarious. I loved the chemistry between them, the way each of them seemed to know what the other one is thinking. I really admired how Fox took care of her despite her occasional " rudeness" and I also loved how she choose and sacrificed to protect those dear to her.
Tori was in trouble and Fox decided to be not just her bodyguard but also to guard he
Kav
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Squuueeeee!!! I couldn't wait to continue Toni Shiloh's Faith and Fortune series after I read the first one last week. I already had a sneak peek at the Fox/Tori dynamics and a plot line involving a bodyguard is always a lure for me. I gobbled this one up in an afternoon and am still giddy over the banter and toe-curls.

I mean, a pretend romance that sizzles and sparks its way through the mounting tension of a lethal stalker?! Yes, please! Fox is swoony, Tori is spunky and I love that her bestie
Staci
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Cute!

Model Tori Bell has a stalker and her famous actor father hired Marcel Fox to protect her. The sparks fly between "Princess" and "Fox" as they disagree about how best to go about keeping her safe.

Loved Marcel's grandmother Miss Etta.
Tiffany
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: My life has always been in the spotlight. Born to two famous parents and then quickly rising to "super" status in the modeling world ensured that I, Astoria "Tori" Bell, would always have my image plastered across newsstands. Unfortunately, adoring fans weren't always magnanimous and now I have a stalker on my hands.

Oddly enough, the tall, dark, and all-too handsome bodyguard hired to protect me seems more harmful than the threatening notes from the stalker. As well as his plan to flus
Mikal Dawn
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know what to say about Toni Shiloh, other than go read her books. All of them. Especially this series.

First person isn't my favourite, but despite this being her first series ever written in first, she's managed to pull me in! With strong female relationships and incredible character arcs, The Truth About Fame is some of her best work.

Tori and Fox will make you grin from ear-to-ear with their natural chemistry and banter. The storyline is one I enjoy (hello Bodyguard love story!),
Rosalyn
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve wanted to read this series ever since I first laid eyes on the covers. I haven’t had the privilege yet to read the first one, but I read this (second) book, and just loved it!!
Toni Shiloh is a talented author, and each time i read a book she’s written I’m just reminded of that even more.
Tori is a supermodel (normally not the kind of career I’d go for) but I loved her anyway. :)
She’s being targeted by a stalker and is hiding to keep her friends and family safe.
Then there’s the hot bodyguar
Melissa Tagg
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two words: Marcel Fox 😍

Fox intrigued me in the first book in Toni Shiloh's Faith & Fortune series, so I was excited to hang out with him more in this one. Like the first book in the series, I loved the voice and wit present all throughout this story! Tori is delightfully funny while also revealing layers of depth as she grapples with life as a celebrity, the desperate need to protect her friends while luring out her stalker, and of course, both faith and romance. And once again, I was captivated
Caitlyn Santi
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wowza, this book knocked my socks off! Toni Shiloh is one of my all time favorite authors, I've loved each and every book of hers that I've read, but The Truth About Fame has become my very favorite of her books!
I absolutely and completely loved every single moment of this book! When I first met Tori Bell and Marcel Fox in the first book in the series, The Trouble with Love I knew their story was going to be amazing, and it turned out to be everything I dreamed it would be and so much more! I l
Noor
Melissa Henderson
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read every story Toni Shiloh writes. The way she draws the reader in and connects us to the characters is amazing. Danger, mystery, romance and faith are key factors in this story. From learning to place trust in God to possibly finding true love, this is another great one by Toni Shiloh. I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required.
Kate Willis
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: need-to-review
Happy sigh. <3 I need book 3! Review to come.
Sarah Monzon
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Take a heaping of romance, a dash of suspense, and stir in some spiritual truths and you’ve got yourself a recipe for a good book!
Jackie
Aug 23, 2020 added it
The first thing that got me about book was the cover. It just looked so cute and drew me in right away. Then I was afraid that I would have to have read the first book in order to understand this one. However, I absolutely loved that even though it was part of a series this book stood on it's own two feet. Characters from the first book showed up, but they were a part of the story but I didn't have to know everything from the first book. It gave me major bonus points to this book because it jump ...more
Sydney
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copy, 2020-read
Faith and Fortune book two, The Truth About Fame, is another sweet and swoony story with a bit of suspense. It’s about balancing life as a celebrity, protecting friends from a stocker, and falling in love with a bodyguard. The story is captivating and sweet with layers of faith mixed in as well. Readers will thoroughly enjoy this chick lit story.

Series: Faith and Fortune
Genre: contemporary, romance, chick lit
Publisher: Indie
Publication date: July 7, 2020
Number of pages: 223

Other books in the ser
Kathryn
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Toni Shiloh has done it again!
I read the first book in this series earlier this year and was absolutely hooked. Now after this one? I am for sure a Shiloh fan! She writes such fun, witty romance with a bit of suspense sprinkled in. Her characters are so real and relatable and loveable. And her hero's? They're amazing!!!
Final word? If you're a romance lover, read this series! You won't regret it.

**I received a complementary copy of this book but all opinions and thoughts are my own.**
Trisha
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Faith and Fortune series has a little something for everyone! Suspense, Romance, Witty Banter, and Faith. I was delighted to spend time with Tori and Fox. More than once I held my breath, turning pages quickly to find out what would happen next. Simply put this story is breath-taking!

We all have struggles and things about ourselves to improve. Tori’s struggle is learning to forgive even when those from the past didn’t ask for forgiveness. As Tori discovers, the peace that
Nicole
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Truth About Fame by Toni Shiloh is a great read! After reading the first book in this series, The Trouble With Love, I was so ready to jump into book #2. I assumed I was going to get a sweet romance about Tori and Marcel. I did get a sweet romantic story for sure, but I got so much more. I was completely unprepared for the scary tension and suspense in the later chapters of this book. There are a few chapters where I’m not sure I breathed properly while I was reading, and I was on the edge o ...more
Excel Andy
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book cover attracted me to this book.

The plot is said from a first person narrative and I felt like a friend listening to the narrator telling me about her life.

Tori Bell is a black popular American supermodel. Her life is what I would have envied under different circumstances. She is so cool and has so many personalities you might need to keep up with.

Grab your blanket and explore the life of celebrities through Tori’s eyes.

Oh! I love Fox. What a hunk of a man he is.

How would you feel if yo
Necee
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Why do you believe in a God that allows bad things to happen to good people? Innocent people?”

Romantic. Sassy. Suspenseful.

With a stalker ramping up his/her attacks, supermodel Tori decides to hide out to protect her other successful besties. This is the second book in the Faith & Fortune series and it is a spellbinding read. My favorite novel of Shiloh’s to date. I was hooked from the first to the very last page with this rollercoaster ride of suspense and romance. Shiloh kept me guessing as
Arlena Dean

Rating: Five
Review:

"The Truth About Fame" by Toni Shiloh

My Speculation:

I enjoyed reading this author's second series, 'Faith & Fortune,' that featured Tori and Fox. I loved how this author was able to bring them together and especially when the chemistry between them started coming out, what better to have Fox as her bodyguard as he was there to guard not only her but her heart. B
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This series......wow. Shiloh has really outdone herself here. First, I feel like I'm talking with people who are my friends, and by talking I mean reading lol. But seriously, Shiloh's characters are like comfort food. You feel totally at ease reading about them, and immersing yourself into their lives. Yes they are "rich", but they don't seem it. They are just people, who happen to have money, and I can totally see myself hanging out with them on a Friday night.

Second, FOX. Oh my word. He can be
Vicky Sluiter
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(First, I would highly recommend reading Book One, The Trouble With Love, as these books build off each other. You’ll love it!)

Book Two in author Toni Shiloh’s Faith & Fortune series gives us the story of Atoria Bell. Tori is a model whose life seems perfect, but as we know money and fame isn’t everything and her charmed life takes a sinister turn. Shiloh has done an outstanding job of writing this twist without it being macabre. Yet it is edge of the seat, page turning, good.

As in Book One, the
Marylin
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the new series by Toni Shiloh, and it just keeps getting better and better. In the first book, we are introduced to the three wonderful ladies in this series. Each has a different talent, yet that doesn’t seem to keep them from forming a strong friendship. However, the suspense and threats from the last book keep appearing in this book, so Tori feels she needs to separate herself from her friends and housemates. Fortunately, for us, that means Fox is right there with h ...more
Okay, again, Shiloh is a talented writer. I loved how she delt with some of the issues in this book a lot. Again, like in the first book, we have a Christian and a non-Christian dating because it "feels so right" having personally seen the devastating consequences of couples that thought this, I couldn't fully enjoy this story.

Shiloh is a talented story-teller that I know a lot of people will enjoy.
Andrea
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Story!

First, I loved this story! The relationship between Tori and Fox kept me highly entertained. I think we could all use a bodyguard like Fox 😍 We all need a Miss Etta in our lives too, sharing wisdom and faith.
I love the friendship and love between T. H. & O. They stick together no matter what.
Can't wait for the next book!

Martha
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Famous and forced to have a bodyguard. What is not to like? This fun read made me smile as stalker suspense gives way to romance in this well written tale that is easy to read with nuggets of truth throughout. If you enjoy a unique storyline about the rich and famous, this one will pique your interest.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • Jocelyn  (Sewing in SoCal, #2)
  • Start With Me
  • Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection
  • Send Her To Me Lord
  • To Love a Prince (True Blue Royal, #1)
  • Just Like Home (Harbor Pointe, #4)
  • Nicole  (Sewing in SoCal #3)
  • The Gentleman Spy (Serendipity & Secrets, #2)
  • A Match Made at Christmas
  • Love and a Little White Lie (State of Grace, #1)
  • Some Bright Someday (Maple Valley #2)
  • Almost a Bride (The Bride Ships, #4)
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • Until I Met You (Restoring Heritage, #2)
  • Unknown Threat (Defend and Protect, #1)
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
  • The Red Canary
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.

Faith & Fortune (3 books)
  • The Trouble With Love (Faith & Fortune, #1)
  • The Price of Dreams (Faith & Fortune 3)