Start by marking “Love in the Lowcountry: A Winter Holiday Collection” as Want to Read:
Love in the Lowcountry: A Winter Holiday Collection

Love in the Lowcountry: A Winter Holiday Collection

Romance is heating up the winter holidays…

From paranormal to contemporary, from sweet to sultry, from first time love to love revived, discover both dark and deLIGHTful tales of romance amidst the intriguing backdrop of Charleston, South Carolina.

Best-selling authors join exciting new debuts in fourteen original stories of Love in the Lowcountry…

Hoodwinked for the Holidays
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Lowcountry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Lowcountry

Start your review of Love in the Lowcountry: A Winter Holiday Collection
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A little while ago, I decided that I wasn't going to be reading any more of this type of anthology. There are far too many out there where there are just one or two novellas that I really enjoy and then the rest are just a bit rubbish. I'm happy to report that that was far from the case with Love in the Lowcountry.
This collection is quite eclectic, with every style of romance imaginable included, from paranormal to contemporary, couples meeting for the first time, to old lovers reconnecting. Th
Michelle Austin
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Lowcountry: A Winter Holiday Collection was a great 5 star read.
We get a great mix of14 winter themed stories from several great authors, paranormal, 2nd chance romance and so much more.

Hoodwinked for the Holidays
This was an interesting read. Sarah runs ghost tours and she has a couple of ghosts working for her, but is it really a good idea? One evening her ghost’s cause some issues for her and she is worried that Saxon, her competition will find out. The other problem for Sarah is
Liz
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love in the Lowcountry is a sweet and heartwarming collection of winter themed stories conveniently in one nice package deal. I loved the vast array of novels that cover many genres from paranormal to the second chance romance. I am going to leave a little tidbit about the sweet second chance romance novella, Poinsettias for Carly by Michele Sims, an already favorite author of mine.

I loved that the title, Poinsettias for Carly also mentions A past unresolved is never the past… I feel like that
Jana
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Lowcountry: A Winter Holiday Collection is a superb collection for the ones who love romance when the winter holidays hit! The writers represent diverse genres and there is something for everyone, whether you love sweet or dark AND all of them take place in the Lowcountry of Charleston, South Carolina! If you have ever dreamed of visiting the area, let your imagination take flight and enjoy the ride! Buckle down for these 14 unique stories!
One of my favourites was Michele Sims’ secon
Katie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Love in the Lowcountry (A Winter Holiday Collection Book 1)
Anthology
5 stars

What a wonderful collection of winter time stories! There is definitely something for everybody in this anthology – from paranormal to sweet romance.
One of the stories I particularly enjoyed was Poinsettias for Carly by Michele Sims. I enjoy second chance romances so this one was always going to be a great story for me and throw in Christmas time and it ticks every box! Although this was a short story it wasn’t lacking i
Laura Furuta
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Lowcountry (A Winter Holiday Collection Book 1)
Featuring Poinsettias for Carly
By: Michele Sims
5 out of 5 stars

The story that I want to review is Poinsettias for Carly by Michele Sims. It is a book that intertwines the past and present. It is a story that had my emotions going up and down the entire time that I read it. This is a book that although isn’t very long, had my attention from the beginning to the last page. It has heartwarming scenes and I found myself with a smile on my f
Jenni Bishop
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love in the Lowcountry (A Winter Holiday Collection Book 1) by a group of great authors but I am only going to review the wonderful story by Michele Sims, Poinsettias for Carly - A past unresolved is never the past...

This sweet contemporary romance finds two people have both gone through a divorce and are both passionate about their callings. But when Carly finds that her childhood home is being torn down she decides to confront the man she once loved. What she finds is a nice Christmas rekindli
Kerry  carr
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of love stories. There is something for everyone

One of my favourite stories is by Michele Sims called Poinsettias for Carly.

Carly moves back to her home town to help her aunty sort the rest of her mums home out so its ready for sale.

While she is in her family home a lot of memories both good and bad resurface and also an old flame reappears.

Mason was the love of Carly's life but after an accident involving her brother Mason left Carly and moved away.

Is the romance between th
Dawn Daughenbaugh
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star

Poinsettias for Carly is one of the many stories in A Winter Holiday Collection .I’ve read several books by Author Michele Sims and I’m never disappointed. I was hooked from the beginning although this is a short story it grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I felt like I was on a emotional rollercoaster ride at times, it’s heartwarming at times
Tausha Treadway
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Lowcountry (A Winter Holiday Collection Book 1) Featuring Poinsettias for Carly by Michele Sims. This is a awesome collection but I LOVE Michele Sims so I focused on her short story! Its a second chance love story about a girl named Carly who finds out her old home is being torn down and she confronts the one guy who still has her heart. Its a story so full of emotion and love that you will zip through it so fast. Its a feel good Christmas story so get you a cup of cocoa and a blanke ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great collection of stories that will warm your heart right to your soul. There is a little bit of everything from romance to paranormal. Each story is unique, engaging and well written. You will find stories about keeping secrets, about confronting the past, second chances and more. You will find a favorite among these as well as meet a new author or two. I highly recommend this holiday collection set, they will keep you warm on a cold night.
Robin Hillyer-Miles
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Anthology

I liked the varied stories in this book. Each was interesting, well plotted, and ended happily. I think anyone from college students to grandmothers will enjoy this anthology!
Erin
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give Love in the Lowcountry (A Winter Holiday Collection Book 1), 4 stars.

This is a great collection of Christmas romance stories. What makes it stand out is that there are multiple subgenres of romance, such as contemporary romance and paranormal romance. This makes it even more interesting in my opinion, you never what what you're going to get next.

While there are many good stories in here, I want to focus on Poinsettias for Carly by Michele Sims. It takes two main characters who were really
Kerry Baker
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love in the Lowcountry (A Winter Holiday Collection Book 1) is a varied and exciting collection of books by some fantastic authors. This collection definitely has something for everyone and Ioved how from story to story you got something entirely different.
I started out reading this anthology mainly for Michele Sims. This is an author that I had read previous works of and have always enjoyed. However, once I got the book I couldn’t stop myself from delving into the rest of the work and I can def
Shannon
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Winter Holiday Collection has a little bit of everything!

Poinsettias for Carly by Michele Sims is a pretty ok and sweet story. It’s a quick short story about 2 kids growing up together until a tragic accident and a few misunderstandings cause hurt feelings and repressed love. All this information is gathered in flash backs. Those same kids are grown-ups now and are meeting again for the first time in many years. As they reminisce, they rediscover their love for each other.

The story flowed
Chantelle Smith
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a brilliant collection of stories, that will hold you captivated and hooked right from the start. Each story brings you along on a journey that you can’t help but not want it to end. Reading a collection of stories helps you find new authors that you will come to love, one of mine was Michele Sims read, Poinsettias for Carly.
This isn’t my first read by this author but this one really had my emotions on a rollercoaster. I couldn’t deny the grin I had while reading it. I loved Carly & Mason’
Heather Lovelace
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this collection of stories. It felt like a complete set and covered a full spectrum of scenarios from paranormal to historical to straight romance. All romance lovers will enjoy this charming collection set in the heart of the south, with all the charm you would come to expect. You won’t be disappointed.
Dee
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful anthology!

I have to admit to never having read any of these authors before. I picked it up because of my love of the lowcountry and interest in Charleston. But it was a real treat to read! I enjoyed every story.
Paula B
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read

Some of the stories I loved, some I just liked, and a couple left me baffled. But overall it was a very good collection of lowcountry romance stories.
Kim
Dec 19, 2019
Coretha B.
Dec 16, 2019
Elaine Reed
Aug 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Angela
Aug 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amy Quinton
Aug 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Brigid Brown
Aug 28, 2019
Alyssa
Aug 29, 2019
Michele Sims
Aug 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Gracey Evans
Sep 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Juliet
Nov 09, 2019
Ann
added it
Nov 10, 2019

• Naughty & Nice (Spicetopia #4)
  • Fire & Ice (Spicetopia #3)
  • Misplaced: Joined: Book Two
  • Amy's Santa: Satan's Devils MC (Second Generation) #1
  • Revive (Rewind #3)
  • Dagda's Daughter: Raven and Hummingbird Book 2
  • Not a Good Death
  • Summer Break: A Joe Football Novella
  • Jake Wolfe Series Bundle Box Set (Jake Wolfe #1-3)
  • Pigs
  • Spicetopia Boxed Set (Books #1-4)
  • Testament of Feats: Book of Judgment,
  • Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders
  • Rule The Larussio Legacy (#1)
  • Journeys Through SpaceTime
  • Hang On To Your Shirt Tails (Chasing Tails #2)
  • Testament of Feats: Book of Sorrows (Book Two 2)
  • Maggie
Based out of Charleston, South Carolina, RWA-PAN member Savannah J. Frierson is a USA TODAY best-selling and award-winning author who crafts full, happily-ever-afters for readers who believe transcendent love is worth the wait. Savannah taps into women’s softness to show this vulnerability as a strength to be embraced and celebrated. Savannah’s characters find empowerment through love, and she hop ...more

News & Interviews