Start by marking “Us, Again” as Want to Read:
Us, Again

Us, Again

"It's really him. The former love of my life. The man I gave everything to, who broke me so badly the pieces never healed back together properly."

Graham Wyatt might be 6’2” of irresistible muscled, tattooed, angsty Alpha male (and don’t forget the man bun)—but sorry, ladies! He’s a one woman man. Specifically, Mackenzie Thatcher, the love of his life whose heart he broke 5
Published November 11th 2019 by Elle Maxwell

To ask other readers questions about Us, Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Us, Again

Start your review of Us, Again
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Read this for the KU weekend readathon! I really wish I could’ve enjoyed it more 😭 The romance sizzled out halfway though and the second half just didn’t work for me. I would still read this author again though!
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Debut Novel for Elle Maxwell. And let me tell you people...

SHE KNOCKED IT RIGHT OUT OF THE PARK!!!

What an awesomely rich a vibrant second chance romance! I loved every second of reading this. Graham was so freaking awesome and full of real emotion and conflict. He was a real damn character. Not this alpha cold-ass asshole crap. NO, he was beautifully flawed and so dedicated and in love with Mackenzie. Sex scenes were pretty darn juicy!

And Mackenzie was pretty awesome too. But I am really on team
Mila
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this so much.
At first, I thought it was going too fast, but it didn't bother me. I was soooo down for them to pick up from where they left things off even before reading what Graham did. Reading the reason behind why he was away for 5 years made me want to give Graham a punch ;c But he had issues with himself that explain those actions (therapy is always important).
Amé a Marisa.
Amé a Griff y Shaina.
La portada btw... La super amé.
The cover made me want to read it jijijij

Fucked up as i
Jessica {Litnoob}
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super damn sweet

While yes, this story has some serious heavy topics we can’t ignore that this book tempers that with so much emotion, so much sweetness. We have two deeply damaged people trying to find their way back to one another and I’m totally here for that kind of second chance. I’m a huge second chance romance lover and this one was solid.

Side note: this cover sucked me in and is the reason I read the blurb and needed to try it. Honestly A+ artwork because it was so worth the read. Kudos t
Jaimie
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
An ex-convict and the girl he left behind????

Yep.

Typically I’m not obsessed with second chance romances, but I’ve read a number of them this year I have enjoyed. So I guess there is a right way to do it.

Elle Maxwell’s debut consists of the perfect mix of angst and sweetness. The romance is a touch too quick and I was frustrated with the back and forth (...and back and forth) that continued even after we presumed the couple was back together for sure. So this should probably be 3.5 stars. But I’m
Charlie Smith
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review:

I think a solid 4.5 stars is required! Sometimes, the characters annoyed me, but honestly, I understood where they were coming from, so I only knocked off half a star (seems fair)
This was a fun quick read! I thoroughly enjoyed, I can't wait for [Maxwell's] next work.
tai
Anyone who knows me enough knows how much I enjoy second chance romance. I think I can admit I'm a little bit biased when it comes to this trope, because I find it hard to not enjoy a book with it. As soon as I read the synopsis for Us, Again (and saw that gorgeous cover... because I am human and can admit that sometimes I judge a book by its cover) I was dying to read it. So thankful to the author for allowing me a chance to read and review this gem!

First of all, this is Elle Maxwell's first pu
Mollie's Bookshelf
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
More romance reviews and recs at molliesbookshelf.com!

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
Ah, swoon!! I loved reading this debut romance. I was initially intrigued by this stunning cover and further intrigued by the synopsis for this book.

My favorite part of this story was the hero gone to prison at 18 aspect. I found it so interesting to read about a hero who misses out on some of his most formidable years after being incarcerated for 5 years. Graham returns from prison and
Shauna McDonnell
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want everything. I didn’t plan to throw all of this at you right now, but it’s the truth. I want to be…us, again.”

All the second chance stars ⭐️

I once read a quote... someday, you are going to be somebody’s favourite author. Well after reading this hidden gem, I can say without a doubt, Elle Maxwell has become my new favourite. Wow, just wow!

I adored this book, from the very first page I was consumed by all this Graham and Mackenzie.

This book had it all, the Lol moments between friends,
Reading Mom.me
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
An amazing debut book! Second chance romances are another one of my fave tropes and I love the way Elle did this one. It still had angst but wasn’t a super slow burn like some second chance romances are. I love Graham and his alpha male ways (again one of my faves in a romance) and I also really enjoyed the little bit of suspense and crime drama that was intertwined into this Steamy AF romance. This was a major binge read for me that I stayed up way to late reading. My only complaint is that all ...more
Samantha
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC from the author*

I loved this story. It was so real and perfect and just the cutest story ever. You meet Graham and Mackenzie who were high school sweethearts when one day Graham was arrested for Murder. 5 years later Graham is released from prison and you see how much has changed between the two.

Mackenzie still is angry for the fact that Graham never once wrote her a letter or called her. When she finally sees him again 5 years later she is in shock.

They have their obstacles
Anne OK
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Wasn't what I expected, but it turns out I enjoyed reading this second chance at love story very much. It's a quick and easy read that's a little bit angsty, sad, bittersweet and happy all rolled into one. A new to me author whose writing appealed to me with good pacing, enough romance to appease and just a dang good read. I enjoyed getting to know both the main characters. College campus setting that didn't include a sports-star or big man on campus -- just a gorgeous guy who lost his girl in a ...more
Momma Bear
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second chances? Check!
Crime drama? Check!
Strong friendship? Check!
A fallen hero in search of redemption? Check!

Great debut novel by Elle Maxwell.
CourtRocks'
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf-books
2 DNF Stars

Stopped reading at 20%, then skimmed the rest. Pretty much what you can expect from a debut book. Very cheesy and unrealistic. He's been in love with her the whole five years apart, stayed celibate (didn't really have a choice), she dated and had sex with other guys, not great sex, but I was fine with it because he didn't have any at all.

It felt very insta love to me, even though they were together before, we don't really get any substance on their relationship. I never thought I woul
Alex in Spades
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Staying in the Light Stars

This was a solid debut in my opinion. The amazing cover and the synopsis got me interested in this story. And I think it had a lot of potential. It wasn't only a love story - I really liked the secondary characters and the criminal aspect of the plot.
"It’s the strangest thing, starting to date someone you’ve previously been in a relationship with.
It’s both new and familiar—there’s a sense that it’s the beginning of something but also that we’re already a dozen step
Stacey Fennell
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-s-reviewed, 2019
First off how cute is this cover? Well don't be fooled by it's cuteness this is no fluffy story. It is tough and gritty and yes it has sweet moments don't get me wrong but what Graham and Mackenzie go through isn't all hearts and flowers. This is story about a guy named Graham who is trying to make up for mistakes he made in the past. He comes back to win back the love of his life. He will do whatever it takes to get that second chance. Mackenzie on the other hand doesn't know what to choose her ...more
SheSaidYestoBooks
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ah, the story of first loves. We've all experienced it. Mackenzie and Graham had this young love... the kind that stays with you even when time and circumstances pull you apart physically but never emotionally. Even when life moves forward, you always have that special part of your heart for that person. When these two find each other again, the chemistry is palpable and sparks fly! I really enjoyed reading this book and if you’re a big fan of second chance romances you will too.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Arc p
N. Kris
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. "Happily Ever After" is not living "forever happy", but loving your life with the happiness and frustrations spread throughout. Elle Maxwell's debut novel is a story that tells an uncommon truth about loving someone after a tragic event ends a devoted relationship and the eventual emotional upheaval that follows after an unexpected reunion. Us, Again provides romance and a smidge of action. 5/5!

It was an honor to be an ARC reader and to provide my honest review.
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Us, Again is Elle Maxwell debut novel and I was very excited to read it. I confess I expected a bit more angst from it, but in the end I was left satisfied.

This is a second-chance romance, between MacKenzie and Graham. They were highschool sweethearts who got separated by a cruel twist of fate and years later find the way back to each other. But not without some challenges on their way.

I received this ARC a couple weeks ago and I starte
Trianna/Treereads
Feb 24, 2020 marked it as dnf
DNF @ pg. 44

Look I have a limit to the amount of stalking that I can tolerate in a romance novel
Laura In  Literary Land
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
{Thank you @ellemaxwellauthor for the ARC #partner}⁣

Graham and Mackenzie are high school sweethearts and the couple you can't help but adore. Life seems perfect for this couple until Graham's parents are tragically killed in a car accident. Unable to handle his grief, Graham turns to alcohol and drugs and winds up in prison. Now, 5 years later, he has served his time and is ready to make amends for his mistakes. Mackenzie was torn apart when Graham left and won't allow herself anywhere near that
Zubs Malik
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
My mama used to say that those books that you stumble upon out of sheer coincidence are the ones that will bring you the most pleasure. Excuse the pun. If you know, then you know.

Jokes aside I don’t think my heart can take another cute cover like this one. I saw @bringmybooks showing off her ARC and I couldn’t help myself and asked Elle for one too. Linds and I tagged team and buddy read this one together and I know she shares my thoughts and sentiments too.

Elle Maxell has written the perfect lo
Rachel
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Former high school sweethearts, Graham and Mackenzie were as happy as can be, until Graham was arrested and sent to prison for murder. Five years later, he was released and determined to win his girl back, except it got a little complicated when his past forced its way to their present.

An enchanting second chance romance laced with steam, personal growth, and mental health awareness that is honestly hard to put down. What an amazing debut novel! Maxwell engineered a well-crafted, easy-flowing s
Melanie Schuler
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I have to say this book kept me glued to it. Honestly, it was an interesting storyline with it being about Graham Wyatt going to prison and leaving the love of his life Mackenzie Thatcher. Five years later he gets out of prison and inserts himself back into her life. Pretty much from the get go it is intense and especially steamy. The chemistry between the two sizzled off the pages. And boy was there a lot of hot steamy scenes throughout. I found the friendships incredible and definitely ...more
Janae
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, romance
This had been my first instance of following a writer through the publicity process. I started following Elle close to the publish release date and it was such a thrill. I almost was afraid after all that excitement and hype that I wouldn't enjoy the book and would feel obligated to give a good review.

I'm quite relieved that this is not the case. First, I'm quite impressed that this is Elle's debut novel. It was a beautiful written masterpiece. This is a gorgeous second chance romance. Do not l
Naomi
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
“I’m empty because you have all the best parts of me and you left without giving them back.”

If you love a second chance romance, this book is 100% for you. The chemistry between Mackenzie and Graham is insanely good and the steaminess is even better. I fell in love with this couple and routed for them from the start. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all rainbows and flowers. Maxwell has done an amazing job tackling more serious issues and also adding just a tiny bit of suspense.

As much as Mackenzie
Best_Bookboyfriends
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This book is Amazing, Top 5 reads of the year so far... I devoured it!!!

Fortunately for me, I was able to read this book before release! (Woohoo)
I don’t want to give any spoilers because this is a book you need to experience for yourselves.

What I will say is... Elle Maxwell is a phenomenal writer. She pulls you in with her words and makes you never want to leave the world she creates for her characters.

I feel in love with Graham and Kenzie. Their story is one of love,
Maria
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC for an honest review*

Talk about angst, I was reeled in from the very first chapter! This is my first Elle Maxwell read and it definitely won’t be my last!

Graham loses his parents unexpectedly which causes him to get into drugs. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time then leads him to a do a 5 year stint in jail. Mackenzie was his high school girlfriend and they were very much in love. Mackenzie didn’t know what was going on with him and didn’t talk to him for 5 years.

Ma
Anna Aurora
Trigger warning: depression, drugs

This was a cover buy for me! Looking at the cover I expected a light contemporary romance mostly told from the girl's point of view, but it was the opposite. I didn't expect it at all. Was it good? Yes! Did I enjoy it? Totaly!Great book about a second chance romance.

The story– 4/5

Setting of the book– 3,5/5

Main Hero– 4/5

Smexy Times?– Yes

Overall – 4/5 stars

Jane Wood
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There aren't enough words to describe how I feel towards this book. It portrays emotions so truly, it is remarkable. It takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions from happiness to sadness to anger. You will never know what is coming next but it will always leave you wanting for more.

A truly heart touching, mesmerizing and beautiful book.

And well, obviously a must read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• They're Strictly Friends (Tough Love Spinoff, #1)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • They're a Match (Tough Love, #3)
  • She's a Spitfire (Tough Love, #2)
  • The Catch (Summer Nights #1)
  • Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • He's a Brute (Tough Love, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • The Rules (Summer Nights, #2)
  • Donut Disturb
  • Everything Girl
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • The Blind Date Diaries
  • The Roommate
  • Shortcake
Elle Maxwell is an unrepentant metaphor addict, a believer in hard-fought happy endings, and she still refuses to accept the death of the Oxford Comma.

Debut novel Us, Again is now available in paperback and Kindle eBook, and FREE on Kindle Unlimited!

See Us, Again on Amazon: