Start by marking “Grand Theft N.Y.E. (Heist Holidays, #1)” as Want to Read:
Grand Theft N.Y.E. (Heist Holidays, #1)

Grand Theft N.Y.E.

(Heist Holidays #1)

Cleo Wright is just a happy scammer on a mission to rob a rich man before his ex-wife or the federal government seize all of his money and possessions. She's not expecting to meet another rich man who makes her want to use her nimble fingers for other, not thieving, things. But Robert Shimizu is just that man.

The two share a night of fast cars, expensive champagne and
Published December 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Grand Theft N.Y.E., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grand Theft N.Y.E.

Start your review of Grand Theft N.Y.E. (Heist Holidays, #1)
Xan West
Content Warnings (view spoiler)

I stayed up way too late reading this and I do not regret it; it was unputdownable and I loved every moment.

Read my full review on my blog.
Deana Birch
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Bright stars!

I have been in a SERIOUS Contemporary Romance slump. My DNF pile is higher than the TBR at this point, which had been making me sad AF. So Ms. Jackson had the deck stacked against her going into this. It was going to take A LOT, and I mean A LOT for me to finish a CR, but guess what? She did it. I read this whole damn thing over the course of three nights before bed and I loved it.

What was to love?
Cleo.
A take no prisoners, non apologetic, strong woman who is also a criminal.
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this novella, especially Cleo and how brash and bold she is, willing to use her body and sexuality and smarts to con rich white men, but always protecting her heart and her crew, including her little sister. But one scorching hot night she just can't resist, and while it may be out of character, Jackson makes it clear why Robert Shimizu is totally worth it. Not just because he's smoking hot, but because she senses he sees something in her, a potential for more than just ...more
Christine
I have a weird co-dependent relationship with Twitter. I want to, but can never seem to, quit lurking there. That's how I discovered author Katrina Jackson and this spicy nugget of a BWAM romance. I'm glad I stumbled across this filthy little gem because I was beginning to believe there were no sexy Asian romance heros left in KU. So happy I stayed in KU if only for the filthy fun that was Cleo messing with Robert Shimizu.
The tall Asian mans long hair reached just past his shoulders and the
b.andherbooks
Nothing like an amazingly self-assured grifter to keep you company on a sleepless night. Gosh I loved this story, the perfect blend of fun, fast banter, and fucks. Heist romances are hard to come by and Grand Theft N.Y.E. did not disappoint.

For being such a quick read, Jackson fills each of her characters with amazing depth and I hope we get to meet up with Chloe and Robert Shimizu in future works.

Slight spoiler alert, for fans of The Pink Slip, you'll meet some friends...
Hannah Hearts Romance
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis when this book was first announced I knew I had to read it. I love heists, I love bad girls, I love sexy books. So like, trifecta. Add in a smoking hot alpha male (inspired by on Keanu Reeves?) and this book could never disappoint me. I expect I'll be rereading it next NYE too.
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed on Bewitching Bibliophile

Y'all already know that I go into books blind. I absolutely love following Katrina on twitter, so when she put out the call for reviewers I ran so fast to join the line. I have already purchased Neighborly from her and plan to read that next and I'm going back into Pink Slip series by her to get some more info about the trio in the end but I'm getting ahead of myself. First, I want to thank Katrina for having a content warning at the beginning because
Jennifer Mccann
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short little novella - high steam level a fun read.
Bella
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a joyride. I had so much fun reading this story . This was my first read from this author and it wont be my last. ...more
Danni Faith
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Firstly, I think I understand that I like erotic contemporary romances, but not a contemporary romance. That aside: This did not go how I thought it would go. It was funny and sexy, and wow. I didn't see that ending coming. I'm excited to continue on in the series.
Dana
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
So fun and sexy!
Terri Jones
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This overall was sadly average.

I mean, it's fun enough, and the epilogue's worth it. But this was a shadow of the spies series. It could have used another edit. It's missing a few words, and there's a technical mistake with the Jag. And I skimmed most of the sex scenes because they read the same to me, which is as boring as repeated dialogue. It's a shame, because I liked the two characters. But I loved Kierra's view of them (in the epilogue) more.
Crystal Luckey
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cleo was a thief, like on the levels of a high class thief with a team and all. On her next heist, she didnt expect to meet Robert Shimizu and spend one hell of a night with him that they both remembered.
Six months later, Cleo wants to do another heist instead of going on vacation. When she arrives to start the heist she sees Robert and he whisk her away. He asked her where she had been and told her he knew who she was and that he missed her, and she missed him as well. Cleo being the thief
S.A. Crow
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, holiday, action
Fun addition to her detectives series, super sexy and sweet too. Yet still with some serious themes (family, longing).
Cam Likes Books
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Saw this and new it would be right up my alley immediately. Its hard to pull off a convincing novella, but I expected no less from Katrina Jackson. ...more
I received an advance copy from the author for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

I adore Cleo. I would recommend reading this book for her confidence and panache alone, though the chemistry is especially off the charts between her and Robert.

Cleo is a long-time grifter with her sister and a small crew that has never been caught. One night when shes set to steal from a rich white man she meets Robert Shimizu, a powerful Asian man
Lisa
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
My first read by this author, and I loved how over-the-top it was. It's bright and it's fun. Cleo was an enjoyable character to read, confident and giving no fucks and living her best life. The sexy scene in the car at high speed was just... wow! Most of the book wasn't very believable, but as I said, over-the-top and I love that. The novella length meant there was little in the way of conflict and resolution was quick.

My only gripes were that it could have used one more round of editing (some
natalie
A fun, fabulous book! Katrina is killiiiing it as per usual and has crafted one of my fave heroines this year. Cleo is confident and had me cackling so many times. I adored her and together with our sorta broody, sexy hero they were just the perfect pair.

When they meet oooh we get sparks and sexinesssss. This one is steamy whew!

I loved how enthralled Robert was with Cleo like dude was so gone over her even though she made off with some of her possessions. This would make a deliciously good
Brandan WH
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
An utter delight

This novella was just the way to start the New Year! It was perfection in its description of an unapologetic big, black woman and the man that could not get enough of her just as she was. The sex was ridiculous but the banter is what makes you stop, highlight and then reread sections all over again. I will now dip into this authors archives to see what other books might interest me!
Leigh Kramer
An utter delight of a New Years Eve romance! I would like to be like Cleo when I grow up. Minus the robbery parts, of course. But if I could have one quarter of her confidence, that would be great. Robert was just everything. So fun to see the Pink Slip cameos in the epilogue too!

CW: past death of parent
Maz Hedgehog
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katrina at her best

Is it realistic? No
Is it plausible? Not even a little
It is super hot and heartfelt and the best quick read you can get your hands on? YES

I've been looking forward to this book since it was announced on Twitter and it does not disappoint. Katrina truly is the erotica GOAT
Jackie
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Strong writing and hot sex scenes with a bit of sub/dom kink. An Asian male lead matched with an African-American female lead. Not as much time spent on the con/heist scenes, though, in comparison to the amount of sex. Insta-love, via insta-lust, due to the short (novella) length.
Izzy
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect way to spend my New Years Eve eve.

It was a delightful wild ride. Im excited at the idea of more books in the world. Its steamy and well written.

The entire set up is banana pants in the best way. Highly recommend!
Mary Saha
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always great

Katrina Jackson is one of the authors that is an automatic buy for me. I love her work and have never been disappointed. This new couple is so exciting! After the epilogue I want a full crossover so bad! I can't wait for what's next!
Sharonda Isadora
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Full review to come
caireads
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5
very fast paced, quick read. perfect to read on christmas or new years. the sex scenes are so hot.
Danielle
darling
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
4 ⭐

cleo + robert had such great chemistry! this was a treat to read on new years eve ✨

• Mangos and Mistletoe
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Strange Love (Galactic Love #1)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • Jah (Them Boys #2)
  • Just One More
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Shu (Them Boys #3)
  • Blame It on the Billionaire (Blackout Billionaires #3)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol #1)
  • Set (Them Boys #1)
  • I Think I Might Love You (Love Sisters Book 1)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Press Rewind: An Equilibrium Short
Katrina is a seasoned spinster with an active imagination, a love of romcoms and a keenly critical nature. She's a college professor by day who writes romances by...weekend. Right now she also happens to be on summer vacation. She enjoys yogurt, sparkling water and her three cats, who don't appreciate her love.